Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
jabless13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jabless13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 dash lights staying on after battery relocation and rb20

Alright. Over the summer I done an rb swap. And of course I relocated my batter to the back. Well now when I turn my key off the dash lights stay on. If I bump the starter a few times and shut the key off, they will go off, but not every time. I chased my Mitchell wiring diagram back to where the alternator and starter solenoid both go into a two pin plug at the fuse box.. If i unplug that plug, it doesn't do it. When it is happening, if you tap on the relay behind the fuse box in the drivers kick panel, lights will go off.

I'm kinda stumped to be honest. I've googled and searched be aide I know this is a common s13 problem.
jabless13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Linux2501
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Linux2501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabless13 View Post
Alright. Over the summer I done an rb swap. And of course I relocated my batter to the back. Well now when I turn my key off the dash lights stay on. If I bump the starter a few times and shut the key off, they will go off, but not every time. I chased my Mitchell wiring diagram back to where the alternator and starter solenoid both go into a two pin plug at the fuse box.. If i unplug that plug, it doesn't do it. When it is happening, if you tap on the relay behind the fuse box in the drivers kick panel, lights will go off.

I'm kinda stumped to be honest. I've googled and searched be aide I know this is a common s13 problem.
Any luck? I am having the same problem.
Linux2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabless13 View Post

I'm in for a reply too. I do not have an rb but I have a very similar issue. If I turn my car off with the windows down I have to start the car to roll them up because once I have turned the ignition to the on position the dash lights and running lights will stay on even after I turn the key back off. The car basically needs to be started and turned off to get rid of it.

Last edited by Chuki_KA24e; 11-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Had to add some shit
Chuki_KA24e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Same issue here, minus the rb swap.

One of the brown relays behind the fuse block in the kick panel is holding a slight voltage. I tried for roughly 2 months to figure it out but to no avail. I stopped the headache at the relay.

A few years back, I had the same issue w/ my old hatch. I solved the problem by rewiring my radio, (accidentally solved the issue). Fast forward to present time... I tried fixing this issue by messing w/ some radio wires and nothing helped so then went the 2 long month escapade and I finally threw in the towel.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
heavypork

heavypork is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to heavypork
S13 dash lights wont go out

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but did you ever figure out the problem? Im having the exact same issue and i've tried swapping out relays, ignitions... It didn't do it before the swap when i had the ka in it.... Now after relocating the battery and the rb25 swap its doing exactly as the OP's car. Jabless13... Did you fix this issue?
Old 05-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #6
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
check your tcu its the little white box and see if there is any burn traces in the solder on the little board, also check the jcase 75 amp fuse, maybe one of these will get you in the right direction.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:21 PM   #7
cole d
Zilvia Member

cole d is an unknown quantity at this point
Try checking the ACC relay in the driverside engine bay fuse box. Their is a video on YT detailing the fix. Reviving old threads that are still searchable as these problems become more prevalent.
cole d is offline   Reply With Quote