Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #331
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drove the car up to my parents place a couple weeks ago to finish off the season. Parts are on order for a nice exterior makeover.

Car was taken to my parents place because we sold our house. This past year has been a tough one so we decided to make use of the insanely hot Toronto housing market and move out of the city. The lower cost of living will be a nice change.

Below are some of the images from the listing.

Unlike many people I keep project cars longer than houses.

In smaller news, I made a new ashtray cover as mine cracked and the R chassis market is insane for spare parts right now.

-Jordie

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 11-15-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2020, 07:35 AM   #332
TollieLifted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TollieLifted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congrats on the sale! Sellers market for sure. I just recently bought a place after about 2 months of searching and houses were going same day- it was wild.
TollieLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #333
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Holy Moly. That WAS your house? Magnificent.
Looking forward to the next setup...
Old 11-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #334
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Holy Moly. That WAS your house? Magnificent.
Looking forward to the next setup...
We are moving out tomorrow and will be renting for the next few months. The seller of the new place wanted a longer closing date.

Eh it will be worth the wait.

Im excited to have the extra space.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #335
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
New place looks beautiful!!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:23 AM   #336
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
New place looks beautiful!!
Thanks, I cant wait to get in there and get everything all setup.

In the background, I have been working on a bracket set to use 350Z brembo calipers. Its pretty common knowledge that the fronts bolt up by drilling out the mounting holes. The rears require a bracket to work. These are designed to use a readily available (much larger) 370Z rotor. The brackets are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and bolt on to the rear knuckle without modification.

This is what i've come up with so far. so once im set up at the new house ill give an update with how they fit. Its winter, cold and everything is in storage.

-Jordie
Old 04-20-2021, 07:21 AM   #337
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Not the update I wanted to make but I feel its important to keep people updated.

As everyone else echoed the Otaku adapter kit is TRASH and will leak no matter what. I've taken every precaution with getting this to work and it leaks no matter what I did. It Achilles heal of this kit is the added points of failure. Stock you have a single leak point where there manifold meets the head.

With this kit, you create 3 potential leak points.

I've gone back to my single throttle setup for the time so I can enjoy the car.

Not to give up on having ITBs, I have also ordered a stock lower plenum to cut and weld on adapters I have designed and had machined at work.

Ill keep everyone updated as we move forward.

The new garages are a nice place to work though

Exterior overhaul in the works too

-Jordie
Old 04-20-2021, 07:36 AM   #338
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
This thing is really cool man. I dig all the little details you can get perfect by 3D printing them first. Good stuff.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #339
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Which kit is that? How is the fitment?

Kmak Aero?
RocketZ?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:16 AM   #340
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
This thing is really cool man. I dig all the little details you can get perfect by 3D printing them first. Good stuff.
Thanks. Thats the part of the project I enjoy the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Which kit is that? How is the fitment?

Kmak Aero?
RocketZ?
Rear overs and sides are Rocketz. The rear quarters on this car have always been kind of soft. this allows me to fix the rusty areas and add more shape to the body at the same time.

The fronts are reps which fit like they have been run over by a forklift during transit. Ill probably source something else.

Ive got some more aero doodads on the way to move it away from the OEM GTR aesthetic to make it more of my own.

Paint in the next month or so
Old 04-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #341
Corbic
Post Whore!

Well....where's the update?
Old 04-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #342
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Unfortunately the car didn't get dropped off to my body guy until November where he is working on it through the winter. It should be done in the next month or so. Its been a busy last 2 or so months as we had our first, a little girl in the end of January.

In what little spare time I have, I revisited the ITB issue and machined some parts to rid of the god awful Otaku adapter plates. I cut the stock lowe manifold down and machined some plates out. I really should have done this from the start and saved myself the stress.

It still needs to be welded and ported but the plan is in place. I just need to find more time.

I also started acquiring parts for a Porsche Cayenne Brembo caliper upgrade. All little things I can do why the car is in bodyshop purgatory.

The next update should be more exciting (if Zilvia is still around )

-Jordie
Old 04-12-2022, 09:37 PM   #343
240sxwanted
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
240sxwanted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice build man. Check your PMs
240sxwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:18 PM   #344
Corbic
Post Whore!

What made you give up on the 350Z Brembos?
Old 05-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #345
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What made you give up on the 350Z Brembos?
Mainly the availability and Cost. They have skyrocketed in price since I designed the rear brackets.

Reman rears come up occasionally on rockauto but with the core cost they are $500+shipping and duties for the pair. Locally people want more than that for ones that have seen road salt and 10+ years of abuse.

In comparison, the Porsche calipers were $100 each.

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 05-05-2022 at 07:12 AM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:21 PM   #346
240sxwanted
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
240sxwanted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Please keep us updated on those Porsche caliper brackets. I?m definitely interested.
240sxwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:34 PM   #347
S14_Sak

S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
How is the Bluetooth radio working? I'm thinking of going a similar route. Not a big fan of the head units.
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:24 AM   #348
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
How is the Bluetooth radio working? I'm thinking of going a similar route. Not a big fan of the head units.
The bluetooth radio didnt work well at all. I replaced it with a standard kenwood single din shortly after install.

There might be better options our there now as this was a few years ago.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:25 PM   #349
S14_Sak

S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
The bluetooth radio didnt work well at all. I replaced it with a standard kenwood single din shortly after install.

There might be better options our there now as this was a few years ago.
That's a bummer. I will keep you posted if I find a better option.
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:39 PM   #350
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Not much to report. Been plucking away on the bodywork. But its shaping up to look cool.

small update but slowly getting there.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:21 AM   #351
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Super cool. Are you still going to run the overs and rear wing?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:22 AM   #352
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Super cool. Are you still going to run the overs and rear wing?
Yep.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #353
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yep.
Love it. Can't wait to see it all done.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:43 PM   #354
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What size are those front gram light 57 pros? Do you need a pair as a spare? I have a pair in 17x10.. pm me
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:10 AM   #355
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
What size are those front gram light 57 pros? Do you need a pair as a spare? I have a pair in 17x10.. pm me
The fronts I have are 18x9+25 and the Rears are 18x10+15. I was thinking of selling them but I want to see how they look with the new paint first.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:53 AM   #356
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Not too sure if anyone even visits this forum anymore but.

Its been a busy summer with our first daughter being born in January, A move to another house as well as my painter having his 2nd child things kind of slowed.

I managed to carve out a little time over the weekend to go see how progress was. most of the body panels have been trimmed to fit. The exceptions being the fuel door (which will be flush) as well as the bumper / impul grill.

It will be awesome when its all one colour. But for now its Panda spec (again.)

It fits a 18x10.5+23 with a 265 upfront with ease.

-Jordie
Old 10-11-2022, 08:22 PM   #357
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Not too sure if anyone even visits this forum anymore but.

Its been a busy summer with our first daughter being born in January, A move to another house as well as my painter having his 2nd child things kind of slowed.

I managed to carve out a little time over the weekend to go see how progress was. most of the body panels have been trimmed to fit. The exceptions being the fuel door (which will be flush) as well as the bumper / impul grill.

It will be awesome when its all one colour. But for now its Panda spec (again.)

It fits a 18x10.5+23 with a 265 upfront with ease.

-Jordie
Wait, you moved again?
Old 10-12-2022, 12:50 AM   #358
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
a bit late, but congratulations with the birth of your daughter, and yes people are still reading!

oh and the car looks cool! even slow progress is progress.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #359
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Wait, you moved again?
I have a problem. LOL.

But in reality the house was too big for us and it was in a community of retired professionals. Not the best place to raise a kid as there were no others around. But the worst thing was the trees. it was a constant battle against falling limbs and the mosquitos were terrible.

We weren't actively looking to move but this Mid Century gem popped up. Its in a community of younger families and has river views and access.

It was designed by famous Canadian architect Victor Prus and we bought it from my highschool art teacher.

I'm not moving again until the little one can at least help. Moving with a 6mo old is not recommended.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:58 PM   #360
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The old new house looked awesome, but the new new house also looks awesome! Congratulations.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote