Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #3931
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
LOVING GT7 so far. As a new dad, I'm enjoying the little bits of free time I have and putting it towards tinkering around here. I've all-golded all licenses so far, and just messing around with tuning all the cool used cars I can get so far. FINALLY, a good GT game haha. ONLY gripe I have is not having a "quick car switch" feature or shortcut. That'd be pretty efficient.
I've only played at a friends house where we take turns driving cars from his garage in arcade races so I don't know if this is applicable, but we found a workaround for this. When at the world circuits map, select a track that has the Touring Car series (forget the actual name, and the event is available at most larger/GP style tracks), then choose change car. You can then pick a car and back out and drive any track you'd like without leaving the world circuits map. It has to be the one Touring Car event as not all events allow full use of your garage.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #3932
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
LOVING GT7 so far. As a new dad, I'm enjoying the little bits of free time I have and putting it towards tinkering around here. I've all-golded all licenses so far, and just messing around with tuning all the cool used cars I can get so far. FINALLY, a good GT game haha. ONLY gripe I have is not having a "quick car switch" feature or shortcut. That'd be pretty efficient.
I LITERALLY bust my ass to get a PS5 in December knowing that GT7 was coming, like as a total gamble as in "this is the game for which I want a PS5" and it paid off. My wife has legit never seen me give any gamr the amount of time I have given this one.
My 10 year-old enjoys watching me play it, my brother and I wind up discussing this shit daily. I stuck until I was done with the cafe, and still go back daily to AT LEAST complete my daily miles and/or collect PSN trophies. Once I have finished every objective that doesn't involve "all gold," I will go back and do that too.
It seems that no one in the world other than the programmers and testers have gotten platinum on it yet, something about the Legends Cars trophy is fucky, but I got time.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:00 PM   #3933
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So cool to see this thread is still alive. I've had every iteration of the game on every system. Loving it so far, taking my time and enjoying every bit of it. This game is the sole reason I've ever had a console.

Working on the licensing so far, doing my best to at least get gold, but crush it even more if i can.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:41 PM   #3934
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So cool to see this thread is still alive. I've had every iteration of the game on every system. Loving it so far, taking my time and enjoying every bit of it. This game is the sole reason I've ever had a console.

Working on the licensing so far, doing my best to at least get gold, but crush it even more if i can.
Protip: go ahead and get all the licenses while you're there, THEN go racing and shit.

And I write too!
Old 04-28-2022, 02:59 PM   #3935
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Tuning Shop is a little wonky as well. Early on, it's hard to tell if I "maxed out" with mods yet haha.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:18 AM   #3936
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The tuning shop has this weird "one size fits all" approach that works fine for casuals but causes people like us to ask questions, lol. I guess the short answer is it is fine for what it is.

And I write too!
Old 04-29-2022, 11:29 AM   #3937
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm not a big gamer by any means, but the new GT looks amazing. I have to ask though, have any of you paid excessive amounts of money to get where you are at in the game? Are there still lucrative races to participate in to get good cash flow to buy cars?

I can't stand some of these newer games where it's clear you have to swipe your CC to make any decent progress that won't take months to get.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:38 AM   #3938
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm not a big gamer by any means, but the new GT looks amazing. I have to ask though, have any of you paid excessive amounts of money to get where you are at in the game? Are there still lucrative races to participate in to get good cash flow to buy cars?

I can't stand some of these newer games where it's clear you have to swipe your CC to make any decent progress that won't take months to get.
I REFUSE to cave to microtransactions. There are lucrative races/series in the game to keep the funds moving. Seems more fun to me to just grind in the game anyhow.

And I write too!
Old 05-02-2022, 11:26 AM   #3939
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I REFUSE to cave to microtransactions. There are lucrative races/series in the game to keep the funds moving. Seems more fun to me to just grind in the game anyhow.
I think I get so engaged with racing and toying around with cars with minimal mods (pretty much just tires, weight reduction, suspension most of the time) that it's easier to save for me. Maybe I treat the game too much like real life hahhaha.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #3940
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Can anybody comment on the actual drifting physics?

Hard to get a feel from casual / game centric places, as they have no idea what they are really talking about.

Drifting has been off since 4 and moving forward. It's my biggest hold out always with GT in recent years. I usually still get them, but for a game with such large development time and scope, originating from drifting's homeland - it sure feels like they miss the mark on it more often than not.

I want to run the career and all, but then bounce in an online lobby and have fun drifting. In videos I have seen online, it looks like it still lacks in the whole counter steering part like normal in recent iterations.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:09 AM   #3941
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

TBH, I have not even bothered with anything drifting-centered unless it was a necessary evil in the completion of a race to this point. It is legit not one of those things that has been important to me.
Winning races, collecting cars and piling on the PSN trophies has been what I am after in the game. I see that drifting will be my means to two of those trophies, so I will eventually have to care at least that much but it still won't be a life-or-death thing with me.

And I write too!
Old 05-12-2022, 11:07 AM   #3942
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I personally just hate how the game came is so unfinished. I cant sell my cars? online lobby disconnects as soon as hosts leaves? cant change track online? numerous things that disappoint me but I guess that's just how new games are unfortunately. Release unfinished product and just update it.

Even with it being unfinished though its a great game so far. I love the new PP system. Much better than GT5 & GT6. I also like the physics a bit more.

I havent tried drifting yet but I will admit I did not enjoy the drifting after GT5. GT6 & GTsport were pretty bad imo. I remember as a teenager religiously going online to drift tsukuba after school lol.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:28 AM   #3943
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Can anybody comment on the actual drifting physics?

Hard to get a feel from casual / game centric places, as they have no idea what they are really talking about.

Drifting has been off since 4 and moving forward. It's my biggest hold out always with GT in recent years. I usually still get them, but for a game with such large development time and scope, originating from drifting's homeland - it sure feels like they miss the mark on it more often than not.

I want to run the career and all, but then bounce in an online lobby and have fun drifting. In videos I have seen online, it looks like it still lacks in the whole counter steering part like normal in recent iterations.
I actually love drifting in GT5/ 6. They key is to try a low HP build with comfort "hard" tires (250-300hp-ish is a nice sweet spot). Even a bone stock '91 Silvia K's with a diff + street suspension + comfort "hard" tires is super fun. Anything over 400hp is kinda meh, though.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:17 PM   #3944
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Is it just me or is NO ONE getting the car when they collect their daily roulette reward?
I always get some shitty number of credit, but never any of the cars on the wheel.
What I have taken the habit of is winning either the 485k or 550k credit race at least once a day in order to get and keep my credits up for more cars, since I apparently have to buy so damned many. When I do, I check my invitations to see if there is anything I need to act on before I just hit up a brand and buy them out.
I swear, this is the only game I have played since I bought it.

And I write too!
Old 05-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #3945
nissankat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
nissankat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The odds of winning anything good on the wheel is extremely frustrating as I always get the 2k. What saved the game for me was them adding the increased payouts for Circuit Experiences. Some are easier than others but now I can knock out a track in 30min to an hour and make a cool million credits and actually buy some of the legendary cars.
nissankat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:47 PM   #3946
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissankat View Post
The odds of winning anything good on the wheel is extremely frustrating as I always get the 2k. What saved the game for me was them adding the increased payouts for Circuit Experiences. Some are easier than others but now I can knock out a track in 30min to an hour and make a cool million credits and actually buy some of the legendary cars.
THIS!!!
There are seriously about three races I play when I am trying to get cars, lol

And I write too!
Old 05-20-2022, 07:06 PM   #3947
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Woohoo! Found this thread. So, anyone using a steering wheel setup? Man, im really wanting to get the Fanatec DD Pro. Anyone have it?
Old 05-22-2022, 12:55 PM   #3948
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Woohoo! Found this thread. So, anyone using a steering wheel setup? Man, im really wanting to get the Fanatec DD Pro. Anyone have it?
When I finish clearing the back of my garage/man cave, I will probably be getting one or building a rig.

And I write too!
Old 05-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #3949
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

New Cafe Menus, new races and more cars added with yesterday's update.
I'm done with all but one of the races which will complete that last Cafe Menu. These VGT races are more intense than anything on the way through the cafe the first time around.

And I write too!
Old 05-28-2022, 10:07 AM   #3950
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

One thing I wish they brought back are the different tuning brands they had from GT4. Exhausts from different brands had different exhaust notes.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:16 AM   #3951
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Time to go see what they've tucked into this 422mb update this morning.

And I write too!
Old 06-27-2022, 06:27 AM   #3952
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

After last week's updates, this was found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz-NtzeCuyQ

I have been doing this since Friday.
They also sent me a free car for my birthday, which isn't until this week.

And I write too!
Old 07-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #3953
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

^^^ I hope y'all took advantage, because yesterday's software update closed that loophole.
Not before I shoehorned a 787B engine into an FD RX7, though. I legit cannot control this motherfucker

And I write too!
Old 07-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #3954
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Last night's update added some new cars, a new cafe menu, two new "extra" menus and some other stuff.

And I write too!
Old 07-29-2022, 11:33 AM   #3955
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Protip: go ahead and get all the licenses while you're there, THEN go racing and shit.
Solid tip. got into a little competition with my buddies. Get all gold, then see how much you can really smash the record.

Although, game physics updates tend to skew the times a bit.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:50 PM   #3956
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
^^^ I hope y'all took advantage, because yesterday's software update closed that loophole.
Not before I shoehorned a 787B engine into an FD RX7, though. I legit cannot control this motherfucker
I got about 20 of each swap lmao Got a lot of the rare parts that cant be purchased, I was hoping to get one more Ultra High RPM turbo for the GTR but only got one. I wanted it for the swap.

Have you tried racing in sport mode? Ive done over 80 races so far and up to B-B rating. I think i've hit a wall where I cant go any faster on some tracks without a steering wheel setup. Some of these times are several seconds ahead and I cant seem to get any closer when I race guys with A-A ratings.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #3957
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Have you tried racing in sport mode? Ive done over 80 races so far and up to B-B rating. I think i've hit a wall where I cant go any faster on some tracks without a steering wheel setup. Some of these times are several seconds ahead and I cant seem to get any closer when I race guys with A-A ratings.
I had not delved in sport mode yet, I have busied myself grinding for credits to be able to strike on the big money legend cars to complete that PSN trophy.
... and now I am counting down the days til the disc version of Stray releases and separates me from my daily GT7 binge

And I write too!
Old 10-26-2022, 06:44 AM   #3958
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Okay...
While this is one of the best looking racing games we have seen, it is becoming less fun the longer the life cycle goes.
The randomness of the roulette wheels are becoming infuriating.
It makes no fucking sense that I have five identical NSX GR3 rally cars, none of which did I actually have to purchase, and cannot get rid of any of them. Same for useless engine swaps.
The gatcha game aspect of them trying to corral us into microtransactions will cause me to find other racing options.

And I write too!
Old 10-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #3959
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did anyone ever get any impressions on drifting in this game? I'm currently on CarX and just looking for a comparison from people who are familiar with it IRL. Youtube vids are from gamers so it's not really a useful review for me. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2022, 09:56 AM   #3960
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

This morning's update has availed selling of cars.
Bout fuckin' time, I can offload a couple of these damn NSX

And I write too!