Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #13981
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
It's just hilarious dude is saying the steering sucks when he hasn't even driven the Z himself yet. I've driven it it feels awesome.
You saying something feels awesome means nothing to me; I don't know your history with cars and can't put it into context.

That's part of our problem, right? That statements without context are, by and large, meaningless.

For example, some people think steering feel only has to do with immediacy and accuracy. That's their definition and what they look for and anything the steering does beyond that is immaterial.

I'm a firm believer that steering feel also includes being able to feel the road surface, both in texture and available grip, and being able to feel the front end grip levels as well so you can balance the car's grip with the road surface's grip. Review after review of the Z say, "yeah, this car doesn't have that level of tactility"

That matters to me. I don't commute in my fun cars, I don't do anything but drive them for fun or from fun road to fun road. How they handle transit sections doesn't mean anything- it's a means to an end.

I also have zero brand loyalty, I have chassis loyalty. If Geely put out a feelsome, tossable, tactile sports car I'd have a deposit on it yesterday.

Other people might like modern sporting cars. I don't, because they're just not fun to me. I crave tactility that they can't provide.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #13982
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sorry but it's highly unlikely that any manufacturer will build a car nowadays with that much steering kickback on purpose.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:12 PM   #13983
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
At this point beggars can't be choosers anymore. It's either pay for a marked up new car, or pay for an inflated used car, which is obviously more financially favorable than the former.
Interesting though. Some analysts are predicting a straight out market crash as all these repos start to pile up, the new inventory gets higher and these have not been completed but mostly built brand new not current year cars hit the market.

Other analysts suggest the market will settle to a new normal of higher than before but still cool off.

I'm hoping for more of the former as supply gets higher than demand.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:32 AM   #13984
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I was lucky enough to have a buddy at a local dealer who hit me up when a 23 GR86 Base allocation popped up and I jumped on it. I've been eyeing these since the new gen released really wondering if they were as good as everyone says.

I am not disappointed I jumped at the chance to get one, even if it wasn't completely on my terms. I didn't pay a "markup" on MSRP, but they sold me some little BS that couldn't be optioned off the car so I just ate my pride and paid the small dealer add-on tax. Other placed I had inquired with wanted 5-7k on top of MSRP plus all the normal paperwork fee shit which I refused to pay.

Quick impressions from the limited driving I wanted to do tonight:

Power: Big talking point for these, overall its not fast, but its not slow. The torque delivery is fantastic, car feels quick. Off throttle then stabbing the pedal its got a great punch that makes it feel was faster than it really is. The clutch is really light, not something I love and led to some awkward starts chirping tires as I got used to it.

Cornering/steering feel: Feels planted, even with lil tiny tires. Inputs through the steering wheel are very responsive and have great weight. Inspires a lot of confidence. Can completely understand why so many people like this car for its cornering and feel on the road.

Comfort: Quiet interior, my 21 Corolla has more road noise on the stock tires. Seats are bolstered nicely, steering column and seats have good adjustability to get it just right. Shifter throw is short and direct, no nonsense. Like I stated above, the clutch is super light. A/C is great, radio is meh, fake noise speaker isn't that bad at all, barely noticeable with music playing or the windows down. You sit way down in the car, seems like a great place to spend time and enjoy driving.

Already have some parts on the way, just figured I'd give my 2cents as affordable, fun cars continue to fade away.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:40 AM   #13985
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Those are going to make killer project cars when they get 2010's S-chassis prices.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #13986
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
I didn't pay a "markup" on MSRP
HOW?! Dealers in my area are marking them up $6-7k. $10+k on top of msrp out the door for a sub $30k car is horse shit.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:18 PM   #13987
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Those are going to make killer project cars when they get 2010's S-chassis prices.
Ya know I wonder about how the pricing on these is going to move over time. Toyota/Subaru is making so few of them, even if they go a few more years the total production numbers are going to be NOTHING compared to the cheap cars we used to pickup. Supply and demand for a solid RWD car is huge these days, once all of the Schassis, Zchassis and BMW's are depleted these will be all that is left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
HOW?! Dealers in my area are marking them up $6-7k. $10+k on top of msrp out the door for a sub $30k car is horse shit.
I saw the same markups, but we have a few dealers willing to sell at MSRP too. Just got lucky with a friend at a dealer who reached out and got me an allocation at MSRP. Again it comes back to the supply of these being so scarce, seems most people won't wait and just pay the insane markup to get into one for the "hype" of it. I'd never consider paying $40k for one of these, even knowing how good they are.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:15 PM   #13988
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
I saw the same markups, but we have a few dealers willing to sell at MSRP too. Just got lucky with a friend at a dealer who reached out and got me an allocation at MSRP. Again it comes back to the supply of these being so scarce, seems most people won't wait and just pay the insane markup to get into one for the "hype" of it. I'd never consider paying $40k for one of these, even knowing how good they are.
I figured you gotta know someone. As luck would have it, I mentioned how I was pining after a gr86 while picking up a te72 yesterday and the seller told me he works at Subaru and could get me a BRZ for MSRP lol what are the odds?!
Old 10-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #13989
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
need more te72
Old 12-12-2022, 12:47 PM   #13990
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Never going to happen.

It's 2022. FR-S came out in 2013? Typical price is $13,000. Blown Engine or Salvage Title for $7k.

In 2005 a 1994 240sx in great running condition was universally $4k. A roller or basket case for $1k

Inflation Calculator - in $4k in 2005 is $6,100 in 2022.
Likewise, $13,000 today is nearly $9,000 in 2005.

240sx was able to fly under the radar for a decade because drifting and the internet didn't exist. The sucky stock engine generally lead to no one carrying until the swap craze and drifting took off in the mid 2000s.

The FRS unfortunately quickly became a hype car with plenty of guys happy stance them out despite the trash can motor. At least KA's didn't spin rod bearings with extreme regularity. Production numbers of 86 cars is also significantly less than 240s.

Thank God we got a second generation of GR cars, and hopefully that will soldier on another 6 years.

But I foresee by the time you feel like an 86 is "throw away cheap"; their value will skyrocket as people chase the "last JDM FR car" nostalgia as everything on the horizon sucks balls.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:14 PM   #13991
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
But I foresee by the time you feel like an 86 is "throw away cheap"; their value will skyrocket as people chase the "last JDM FR car" nostalgia as everything on the horizon sucks balls.
youre not wrong.. given the future with EV shit!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 08:12 AM   #13992
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

It's looking like the next MX-5 is going to be a hybrid.
Old 12-14-2022, 08:14 AM   #13993
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It's looking like the next MX-5 is going to be a hybrid.

"It's a driver's car bruuuhhhh"...

At least Subaru had the decency to kill the STI and STFU.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:33 AM   #13994
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My Evo 9 recently got hit by a drunk driver and fortunately it is getting repaired, but I began thinking about what could replace it if it was totaled.

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/gr-corolla

300hp
273ft lbs (295ft lbs for Morizo)
6 spd manual
AWD with variable torque distributing center diff
Curb Weight: 3269 lb

The GR Corolla is more of an Evo than the last Evo was. A Core with the performance and technology package (+$1,950 which gives you front/rear torsen diffs, red calipers and JBL audio) comes out to $38k MSRP.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #13995
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
My Evo 9 recently got hit by a drunk driver and fortunately it is getting repaired, but I began thinking about what could replace it if it was totaled.

https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/gr-corolla

300hp
273ft lbs (295ft lbs for Morizo)
6 spd manual
AWD with variable torque distributing center diff
Curb Weight: 3269 lb

The GR Corolla is more of an Evo than the last Evo was. A Core with the performance and technology package (+$1,950 which gives you front/rear torsen diffs, red calipers and JBL audio) comes out to $38k MSRP.
Literally the only interesting new car out there. Shame I've seen ADM of $15k+
Old 12-15-2022, 01:44 PM   #13996
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Toyota has said outright that they don't even want to sell the damn things. They're limiting production just to keep it 'exclusive' and more or less encouraging the ADMs. Utter nonsense. You can't even search GR Corolla inventory from Toyota.com.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:52 AM   #13997
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Toyota has said outright that they don't even want to sell the damn things.
Source? They are advertising the hell out of it for "not wanting to sell".
Old 12-28-2022, 05:30 PM   #13998
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...ction-numbers/

Their goal is to sell "one too few."
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:52 AM   #13999
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Never understood this new mantra of selling less of the things that buyers want.

If demand is low, so be it. But if you can sell something quick and fast and there's a waiting list why not deliver on the demand?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:54 AM   #14000
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Focus RS vs GR Corolla

Focus RS 2016-2018
2.3-liter four-cylinder
350 hp, 350 lb-ft
All-wheel drive
Six-speed manual
Curb wt. 3434 lbs.
22/19/26 combined/city/hwy mpg
0-60 4.5 seconds
1/4 mile 13.4 sec @ 103
$30-40k Average on BAT
$29-38k on CL

GR Corolla Circuit 2023
1.6-liter three-cylinder
300 hp, 273 lb-ft
All-wheel drive
Six-speed manual
Curb wt. 3269 lbs.
24/21/28 combined/city/hwy mpg
0-60 4.9 seconds
1/4 mile 13.3 sec @ 105
Availability/Price??
Old 01-26-2023, 08:10 AM   #14001
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Haven’t posted in years. Here I go.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/01/26/...eo-steps-down/

Skip Toyoda stepping down is very bad for us enthusiasts. This man is responsible for us even having the 86, Corolla GR and Supra. We’ll see what happens in the future.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:28 PM   #14002
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Haven?t posted in years. Here I go.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/01/26/...eo-steps-down/

Skip Toyoda stepping down is very bad for us enthusiasts. This man is responsible for us even having the 86, Corolla GR and Supra. We?ll see what happens in the future.
Those cars are all new developments so I think we should be safe for at least another 5 years, but it's safe to say the current lineup of petrol burning performance cars will truly be the last.

Makes me wonder if this generation will have the same burning nostalgia in the future as the 90's/00's are now. I also wonder if my future self will regret not buying a new GR Corolla or manual Supra right now lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:56 PM   #14003
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yeah I wasn’t implying they are going to just cut them now, but I certainly can’t see any future development beyond what’s already done now that the car guy is out.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:37 AM   #14004
Future240
Future Moderator

Now this is interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...9e9d2a0298e90c
Old 02-22-2023, 09:10 AM   #14005
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Taking with a grain of salt at the moment, but if this comes to fruition, and that $16-20k range holds, then hell yes.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #14006
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Taking with a grain of salt at the moment, but if this comes to fruition, and that $16-20k range holds, then hell yes.

Never going to happen at $16-20k.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...arket?slide=14
Old 02-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #14007
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yep. Hence grain of salt. Also, markups galore would never let it sell for 16-20k. I'd say probably $25-28k'ish realistically.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:02 PM   #14008
Corbic
Post Whore!

Well? Any good news? How them Genesis Coupes doing?

Surprised the Solstice/Sky never became a thing.
Old 08-15-2023, 07:19 PM   #14009
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
yah know... id buy a damn Nissan Kicks in a heartbeat IF THEY OFFERED IT IN STICK IN THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Course Europe gets it with a "row your own gear" transmission along with a 155hp turbo charged motor. Here... eh, we get a ticking time bomb for a transmission.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:29 AM   #14010
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yah know... id buy a damn Nissan Kicks in a heartbeat IF THEY OFFERED IT IN STICK IN THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Course Europe gets it with a "row your own gear" transmission along with a 155hp turbo charged motor. Here... eh, we get a ticking time bomb for a transmission.
I'm sayinnnn'. When it first came out I loved the two tone roof, and the interior was super cool. If they are going to force a slow poke engine on us, at least let me choose my adventure (manual) so that I have SOME fun while I'm commuting xD