Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How To: LED tail lights

This is a copy*paste from my rx7 forum write ups.. unfortinutly some people liked it, some people did not because of street legal reasons :ghey:

So i will say this is "for off road or show only"

Did this to my FC, supposibly the only one to do this in the US besides Sexy Knights FC

Its pretty much standard im sure it can be done to S13 kouki tails.
Pics are self explanatory.
Heat up tails at about 250 degrees in oven for a few minutes to get them warm to where the glue is easily plyable. Take them apart.

I came up with the idea to throw some aluminum sheeting on the corner blinker, since looking at it with the lense one that it wouldnt really be visble much from the side..

Rip apart the tail lights
I used liquid electrical tape to cover the inside leds, this basically blocks the visible light from them, resulting in a "halo" effect.

Glue setting *adhesive sealant* Gotta put the lense back on and solder up the harness *wiring stuff is pretty easy

Swapping to LED turn signals will result in fast blinkers, so the solution is simple.
About 5 bucks for 2x 8ohm 20watt resistors from radio shack.. Note these are known to get warm/hot if you have your turn signals on for extended time so mount them somewhere safe.. Figure this should work, i doubt this would get flaming hot.. tested it a few minutes in my hand before making the mount. Turn signals back to normal speeds

Finalized

and heres a cute little video teeheh
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YD97GuTqetI[/ame]
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
opps i posted this in wrong section.. mod please move to premie project lol

im a premie newbe
Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Id love to see a set of kouki 180sx TailS!!!

you should do it for someone hahah.

let me ask/.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
Where'd you get those circle lights from? Or what's the keyword to search on google

Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Where is that alley? I seen your pic of the e39 there Robby now tell me.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Secret Un-disclosed spot,

Let me and Austie drift at your spot(the furnitureparkinglot), and we'll make it happen.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
^You bastard. Well then I guees ill just get it out of you @ the VRT party when your all sauced up.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

haha you didnt read the secret message?

Im never saucy, unless your a girl.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
watching that video felt like i was at a rave.

Found this thread on ziptied. It has a lot of useful information on a custom led setup.

http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=14205.0
Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
haha you didnt read the secret message?

Im never saucy, unless your a girl.
Well then ill just have to bring a few huh?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #11
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
yeah, where'd you get the LED circles?

Looks sick btw.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
HyperTek
Post Whore!

ebay
4 inch round led tail lights found in big rigs
soo many different patterns so choose what you like

A friend showed me the link on zt, i used to be a member on there a few years back but got banned.. but i plan to do that for the third brake light
Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Kouki
Zilvia Addict

Kouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud ofKouki has much to be proud of
You could just go to a big truck stop and they should have a good assortment of different size/color led lights. Not too high priced either.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #14
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I should do this with my stock lights..
wonder how it'd look.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #15
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
That's pretty cool looking

Came out clean looks like

I wouldn't do that to my kouki tails in fear of messing them up

But for FC lights hell yeah

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
s14dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
s14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14dude
These look wayy hot. prob gunna do this to my kouki tails soon.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Great mod! 1+
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #18
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
I;d be a little iffy doing it on kouki taillights..
considering they're ~$500..
if ya fuck em up.. wow
I'd be overly pissed off. at my self.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #19
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Wow posi rep to you. But its so much easier on your FC than our s13s because of the design. For Kouki 180 tails it should be easy but not for stockers. + rep anyway!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #20
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
did your center brake light fade out like that stock? It caught my eye!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #21
Skullavera
Zilvia FREAK!

Skullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfectionSkullavera is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Skullavera
Good little write up! I likesy

Reviews/Feedback!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

hey vision garage- well i recored that with my 5.1 digicam thats like from 2004 so after i recorded that, it had some wierd light fluctuation going on so it looks like the light is pulsing which its not..

on my old s13 i chipped my kouki lights when i accidently backed into someone, so that woulda been a great test mule on those, unfortunately that was a year ago and at the time i never thought about doing it but i always had this in mind.

my drivers side fc tail light is cracked/chipped to begin with.. ill eventually change the lense to better condition sometime later on.. even these tail lights everyone wants like $150-200 for the stock 89+ fc tails
Old 01-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #23
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Thats rad dude, I wondered how you did it.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I was going to do that w/ a set of eBay kouki 180 knock off tails.

Now I'm definitely doing it.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

random jp site strolling... found these pimpage

Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #26
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Any chance you would be willing to hook us up w/ these for our kouki tails?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #27
HyperTek
Post Whore!

hahaha i been gettign pms... i didnt really make anything new or am selling a product... Im pretty sure if someone wants to experiment with a set of koukis it can be done.. Have to find a way to remove the lense from the housing, usually sticking in the oven fo r a few minutes then try pusing the lense out.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

just reread the ziptied thread.. damm i think imma go out now and pimp more shit on my car... Thinking about doing leds to the front ftp lense