Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #121
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I know s13's are easier to drift than the s14's but there is a turn angle kit for the s14. D-Max Turning Angle Up Adapter Kit

Has anyone used it? how much improvement is there?

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #122
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
To me s14's felt easier to drift personally. I actually want to install a s14 subframe into my s13.

But what makes you say those spacers will only work in a s14? They should work in both chassis I'd imagine.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #123
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
To me s14's felt easier to drift personally. I actually want to install a s14 subframe into my s13.

But what makes you say those spacers will only work in a s14? They should work in both chassis I'd imagine.
Well Im friends with vaughn gittn jr, He has always said that to me and Ive researched and have seen most say s13 is easier to drift. I dont have much time in my s14 because Ive been building it but I spun out easier. (could have been many things but Ive always remembered what JR told me)

you know these are for the front steering right? just wondering cause you say you want to install the subframe which would indicate the rear. unless you are talking about changing over the whole front suspension and steering... not to insult you.

It could be many things and just because its JR dosent mean everything so thats not my supporting fact I have also went by others saying the same and when I did drift my s14 it was different but that could be just because I was use to the s13.

I do believe these will work in both chassis tho...

Last edited by jspec240; 05-05-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #124
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspec240 View Post
you know these are for the front steering right? just wondering cause you say you want to install the subframe which would indicate the rear. unless you are talking about changing over the whole front suspension and steering... not to insult you.
Yes he knows those are for front steering and hes saying they fit more than just s14. They fit s12,s13,s14,s15,z32 and probably more
Old 05-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #125
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarou View Post
Yes he knows those are for front steering and hes saying they fit more than just s14. They fit s12,s13,s14,s15,z32 and probably more

ahhh... I never said they would ONLY fit an s14, I was just saying that ive seen alot saying that this part really helps the s14's steering, which I thought to be inferior to the s13. Just throwing it out there...

Old 05-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #126
rage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rage
yeah definitely, my buddy rhys millen also told me adding steering angle on s14's makes them amazing
rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #127
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Since building my current motor, I have realize the wear and tear caused by clutch kicking Also by increasing the power output while retaining the stock gear box I have been trying not to clutch kick anymore.

Competing in Top Drift this year gives me the challenge to enter aggressively while being less aggressive on the car. This includes adding all the above techniques while utilizing less clutch kicking

As far as drifting an s13 vs s14, both cars have their positive. Owning and driving both I notice the S13 is more forgiving, however the S14 is easier to maintain and carry a drift.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #128
FTWjesse
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
FTWjesse is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage View Post
yeah definitely, my buddy rhys millen also told me adding steering angle on s14's makes them amazing
lol
FTWjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #129
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I found s13's easier to drift in stock form just because of weight. I drive a s14....stock ka, I have no problem drifting it with 225 40 18's.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #130
Jayteezzy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Jayteezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jayteezzy
They finally let you back on zilvia? Hahaha no wondern i haven't seen you post up on socal drift lOl ^
Jayteezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #131
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayteezzy View Post
They finally let you back on zilvia? Hahaha no wondern i haven't seen you post up on socal drift lOl ^
lol I do know JR. I had two post NJ wall formula D event partys at my house for DA and one at his crib in MD.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #132
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I wish people would stop thinking they need modified knuckles to drift.

I didn't have them on either of my cars.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #133
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

I never said you had to have them. I was learning at the time and I know most people probably dont use them. I was just wanting feedback because I got it back together. guess I should have just taken it out before I asked the question... lol

Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #134
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
Quote:
I know s13's are easier to drift than the s14's but there is a turn angle kit for the s14. D-Max Turning Angle Up Adapter Kit

Has anyone used it? how much improvement is there?
I like how 13s are lighter than 14s. I like how 14s are heavier than 13s.

I haven't used it. I would imagine there would be some mad angle for a longer time frame, especially at high speeds.

Has anyone used it?
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #135
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
I never said you had to have them. I was learning at the time and I know most people probably dont use them. I was just wanting feedback because I got it back together. guess I should have just taken it out before I asked the question... lol
Not really directing it at you.... Just tossing it out there like a butterfly.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #136
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I wish people would stop thinking they need modified knuckles to drift.

I didn't have them on either of my cars.
im not so sure that Modified knuckles are a good idea on a low HP KA car.

I dont think my KA can keep drifting at a really steep angle.
Might be good for the occational spin out save.
But at that point, your gonna straighten out anyways.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #137
Brian
Post Whore!

You would know, you ARE the drift king.

:thumbs up dude
Old 05-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #138
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
im not so sure that Modified knuckles are a good idea on a low HP KA car.

I dont think my KA can keep drifting at a really steep angle.
Might be good for the occational spin out save.
But at that point, your gonna straighten out anyways.

it wouldn't matter castro....you can barely get full lock and keep drifting anyways...it would only be "needed" for initiation...other than that....you wont see that much angle....

side note....u-turns will be easy.

AND YESSS! I'M BACK !!!!! HAHAAAA
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #139
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
To Jspec240 about JR and how he drift is a different than most ppls. At least what i see. Like everyone know he's just balls to wall, full throttle full lock kind of guy. Which is really cool but hard to do for most other people. His car setup makes it easier for him to do that.

Like a few other ppl say speed. I still have a NA KA in a S14 and I have to do all of my drifts is coming has fast has possible get the weight transfer then go at it. Like shown in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW0lk7R6_qM
Like for most of these turns in Autocross course I had to do trail braking or/and small feint for initiation. After the back straight was a Throttle Left to initiate.
Every turn has may different lines you can take in it. Now which one suit you is up to you and your drifting/driving technique.

I learn a lot of drifting from my friend that's a Skip Barber instructor that enjoy drifting.

All i have to say I can't wait to get more power =P Sorry is any of that was bad english.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #140
Jayteezzy
Zilvia Addict

haha careful don't get pinked again lOl ^^
Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #141
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You would know, you ARE the drift king.

:thumbs up dude
Whatever Brian.
Dont know what your constant attitude is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
it wouldn't matter castro....you can barely get full lock and keep drifting anyways...it would only be "needed" for initiation...other than that....you wont see that much angle....
Not true at all.
I am at full lock quite a bit.
Its usually how i know its time to transition, lift off the gas or put the clutch in before i spin out.
I rarely hit full lock at initiation, but always hit it as i go through the course.( KA doesnt really have enough HP to hit full lock on inititation and to hold proper line on the rest of the course. You will scrub to much speed)
I actually was talked out of getting the knuckles before my coils by Jeff Abott about 2 years ago because i was at lock so much i was looking for a way around it.

Knuckles would help with being able to get a little more angle without binding up.
so things like trying to hold onto a drift a little longer before transition would be made easier.
it would also work as a great safety net in case you got to steep of an angle, you would have a little more left to catch yourself with.
They are also great for chasing in tandem, you can adjust your angle to get under the lead car AND stay on throttle.

Every time I am barely tapping a wall, i end up at full lock.
It was just saying that its hard to drag yourself out of full lock with a KA.
You end up having to manji a lot further out in the opposite direction to get your sped back up.

so trying to hold long drifts at full lock on knuckles with low HP will be extremely difficult.
But if you are going to be at full knuckle lock for a couple seconds here and there, then they should actually be realy nice.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #142
Brian
Post Whore!

I don't know. I was in a good mood and smiling when I said that. Not hatin' at the moment.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #143
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I'm friends with **Drop Important Name Here** and he said S13's are better because of **drop stupid reasoning here**....

Honestly everything has to do with set up, track, and most of all, driver skill. Drifting is a lot more driver than any other car motor sport. That is why you see guys with SR's and coils getting rolled by good drivers with welded's and SOHC's.

SEAT TIME SEAT TIME SEAT TIME
Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #144
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Whatever Brian.
Dont know what your constant attitude is about.

Not true at all.
I am at full lock quite a bit.
Its usually how i know its time to transition, lift off the gas or put the clutch in before i spin out.
I rarely hit full lock at initiation, but always hit it as i go through the course.( KA doesnt really have enough HP to hit full lock on inititation and to hold proper line on the rest of the course. You will scrub to much speed)
I actually was talked out of getting the knuckles before my coils by Jeff Abott about 2 years ago because i was at lock so much i was looking for a way around it.

Knuckles would help with being able to get a little more angle without binding up.
so things like trying to hold onto a drift a little longer before transition would be made easier.
it would also work as a great safety net in case you got to steep of an angle, you would have a little more left to catch yourself with.
They are also great for chasing in tandem, you can adjust your angle to get under the lead car AND stay on throttle.

Every time I am barely tapping a wall, i end up at full lock.
It was just saying that its hard to drag yourself out of full lock with a KA.
You end up having to manji a lot further out in the opposite direction to get your sped back up.

so trying to hold long drifts at full lock on knuckles with low HP will be extremely difficult.
But if you are going to be at full knuckle lock for a couple seconds here and there, then they should actually be realy nice.
^^ what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I'm friends with **Drop Important Name Here** and he said S13's are better because of **drop stupid reasoning here**....

Honestly everything has to do with set up, track, and most of all, driver skill. Drifting is a lot more driver than any other car motor sport. That is why you see guys with SR's and coils getting rolled by good drivers with welded's and SOHC's.

Yeah it's all about Seat Time. I don't have enough still.. =|
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #145
Jayteezzy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

WORD !
This man says NOTHING but the true
all in all s13 vs. s14 is just people opinions and favorites that's all
Old 05-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #146
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Honestly everything has to do with set up, track, and most of all, driver skill. Drifting is a lot more driver than any other car motor sport. That is why you see guys with SR's and coils getting rolled by good drivers with welded's and SOHC's........

haha you just contradicted yourself by saying that its about set up because thats what I was asking about. It wasnt just JR that told me it was different opinions on the net that made me ask the question and of course seat time is priority you learn your car and your cars set up. so you can keep on with your >>STATE OBVIOUS REASON* TO LOOK SMART*

and I have 8 yrs of seat time in my s13 but I was asking about an s14

Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #147
mbvigil
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to allmbvigil is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Personally I think its hard to initiate a drift turn unless your post count is below 500 on any online forum.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #148
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
haha you just contradicted yourself by saying that its about set up because thats what I was asking about. It wasnt just JR that told me it was different opinions on the net that made me ask the question and of course seat time is priority you learn your car and your cars set up. so you can keep on with your >>STATE OBVIOUS REASON* TO LOOK SMART*

and I have 8 yrs of seat time in my s13 but I was asking about an s14
What I meant by set up is that you can't have a generic "S14 is better than S13" comment because set up changes both cars in unique ways tailored to the drivers/builders preference. I know that my car probably drives very different compared to a lot of other S13's based on my set up, and I know my car drives better than a stock S14, so does that make S13's better than S14's? No.

No need to come out swinging buddy were just talkin here. This is just the internet. <3 long time.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #149
240XTC
BANNED

Location: 1st amendment. Not my fault you dont like me. Does not give you the right to abuse your mod and continue your harassment in slander towards my profiles. Cowards.
240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future240XTC has a brilliant future
has any one use it yet?
240XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #150
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
What I meant by set up is that you can't have a generic "S14 is better than S13" comment because set up changes both cars in unique ways tailored to the drivers/builders preference. I know that my car probably drives very different compared to a lot of other S13's based on my set up, and I know my car drives better than a stock S14, so does that make S13's better than S14's? No.

No need to come out swinging buddy were just talkin here. This is just the internet. <3 long time.
cool I just called it as I saw it. I agree no ethugin <3 right back atcha