Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Prove It is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chase Bays

Ok guys i did not want to put out a bad review of any company, but i just want people to know my situation in hope to better others when they are deciding on a company to do their wiring.

So i am doing a 1jz swap into my s13 and needed a harness done. I chose chase bays because i have seen their work and they make some awesome harnesses. I called them and was told that turn around time on my harness would be 3 to 5 weeks, and i told them that the car is my daily and i am going to pull my motor in the next week and just barrow my moms car until the harness is done.

Well week 5 comes around and i emailed them to get an update and kevin over at CB tells me that it should be done next week due to changing who they get their wire from. Ok it is not the end of the world, that is reasonable and not their fault. I will live.

The following week again same thing. Kevin tells me it will be done anyday now. I was just like ehhh fustrated, i need a car. But what can you do...

Now week 7 was yesterday, i emailed kevin on sunday to confirm that harness will be done this week as i have been told. No response by end of the day monday. I called them in the late afternoon and talked to one of the guys answering the phones and he told me that he needs to talk to chase and kevin and see what is going on and he will call me back. Never got called back yesterday or today...sweet. I still await that call to come.

Once again this thread is not to bash the product that chase bays puts out. Their harnesses are epic. Simpily just want to let everyone to know that if you want a harness from them then you better order 3 months ahead of time.

Mods if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it for me. Thanks.

Last edited by Prove It; 04-10-2012 at 08:13 PM..
Prove It is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I ordered my chase bays VQ swap power steering line set up mar 19th through ken @ enjuku.

Ken couldn't have been more helpful, awesome dude.

I was originally told it would be about a week or so backorder. no problem at all.

mar 28th they told ken that they have the product and it should be shipped out within the week.

i called them directly today because I am tired of waiting, and they STILL do not have the fittings they need. their parts are REALLY expensive for what they are and for that price they SHOULD have everything ready to ship. If everything they have you have to wait a month min for they should be MUCH cheaper.

After this I am not buying another product from them again.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Seems like a hit and miss with this company half the time. However I've had a good experience with them. Ordered their PS kit which arrived in a timely manner and had some troubleshooting issues. Called them up and they took care of it right away with some personal advice and sent me a replacement fitting.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
I ordered my chase bays VQ swap power steering line set up mar 19th through ken @ enjuku.

Ken couldn't have been more helpful, awesome dude.

I was originally told it would be about a week or so backorder. no problem at all.

mar 28th they told ken that they have the product and it should be shipped out within the week.

i called them directly today because I am tired of waiting, and they STILL do not have the fittings they need. their parts are REALLY expensive for what they are and for that price they SHOULD have everything ready to ship. If everything they have you have to wait a month min for they should be MUCH cheaper.

After this I am not buying another product from them again.

Hmmm sucks. So it's not just me...sounds like they need to get their shit together
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Hey guys this is Chase posting.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I promise you we are working day in and day out to get these things done faster. At this point its become a supply issue, where we can't get specific materials fast enough. We're told an ETA and we pass that to you. But it is just an ETA, an estimation. The 1JZ/2JZ harnesses have been a game of catch up since the day they released. We're selling so many of them, which is incredible. Not to mention the 20+ other engine harnesses we make.

I always hate seeing this stuff. I am so passionate about this brand and our products, and our industry. Me and my employees have put everything into this. There's a reason we're the only ones in the world doing what we do. Its tricky, its time consuming, and its art. We're always making changes and investing money to perfect this art.

To the OP, sorry you haven't received a call back. I'm not sure which order is yours because your name isn't attached but I'd like to make sure you're taken care of by the end of the day. So email or PM, or just post in here.

This week we've actually brought on a full time customer service rep. Not sales, not tech, but dedicated customer service. Customer service is hard, you think its easy to pick up the phone and call but when you have hundreds of customers everyday that becomes a big deal to handle. That's been our weak point for years. Our customer service is soon to be the best in the industry. Expect the changes in a couple weeks. Customer service is now one of our amazing detailed products.

Thanks, Chase.
That is what i wanted to hear. Like i said i am reasonable, BUT i rather you tell me that the harness could take any where from 3 weeks to 10 weeks rather than 3 to 5 weeks when it is still not done. I will live. I know you guys are working hard and busy with everyone wanting a harness after tax returns. I guess in conclusion sounds like you guys need to hire some more people, and looks that you are doing so but also find a better place to get supplies. Thanks for the response Chase.

Greg Jones

PS. Are you guys Auburn fans? If so that explains everything =p haha jk

Roll Tide
Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
tinys s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
tinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-knowntinys s14 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I ordered the pwr steering kit when it first came out and I never received the an fittings and they made me buy them separate.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I've had a great experience from Chase Bays before when I was doing my build a while back. Hope all gets resolved and goes well for you soon! Quality stuff from Chase!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Well I just order my clutch line (from clutch master to slave cylinder) from Chasebay through Ken @ Enjuku. Looks like a good product and i haven't really seen any other company that makes the whole hard line replacement so I just gave in and it was $68. Hopefully all goes well I just place the order Friday and was told it will be a few extra day since its coming strait from Chasebay.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Just want everyone to know that Chase took care of me and everything got sorted out. Super stoked to drive my new 1jz s13 = )
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
enohand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
enohand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to enohand
well its good to see they are helping somone...its been almost a week now with no reponse to emials, phone calls, messages on forums or FB....(i puut the order in a few weeks back)

im starting to think that i have been gotten for my money.

i hope thats not the case....all im looking for is a status update on my powersteerin line
enohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
Prove It
Zilvia Member

HERE WE GO! Alright guys, i have been too nice and given them way to man chances but it is now time to get a real review out. As you guys saw Chase contacted me and told me that harness will be shipped out last monday. Not today. Last monday which was week 7 and it will be next day shipped. So wenesday comes around and no harness...i was already sketched beause i didnt get an email stating it was shipped. So i called and talk to them and i was told "oh yeah, we are just waiting on an ignitor plug". Sweet, i was told by Chase personally that it would be done and it was not. This called took place last thursday, and they told me that the ignitor plugs are coming in friday, aka the next day. Harness will be out monday. Pissed even more. Today is monday so i call to see if haness is shipped. Guess what? Yeahhhhhh effing harness still not done! To me this is out of this world, but it gets better! They are now telling me harness will be done possibly this friday or early next week. Sweet. Still no harness, still riding my bike around for the past 8 weeks because i was told 3 to 5 weeks and now im on 8 and im sure it wont be done by week 9. PLEASE guys do yourself a favor and DO NOT use chase bays. I talked to jeff over at jordan innovations and. I really wish i would have dealt with them, and still may if my harness is not here by next monday.

Ps. On there website harness turn around time still states 2 weeks or less, or if you need it sooner we can probably do it. Well guess what Chase, i need it sooner then 8 weeks. Thanks man. / rant
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Not only did i not get my harness yet but i have been messaged by two people wishing me luck because when they got their harness after long wait times, the wiring was wrong. So now even when i get my harness i get to hope that they did it right. One of the guys being EXTREMELY well known, but i wish to keep confidental. You guys would laugh if i told you what car's harness they messed up.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

I am still waiting on my power steering kit as well. Cancelling the order today. I will figure out my own solution because I am tired of being strung along being told it will be done in one week, one week rolls by and it is not here.

unless they are willing to SERIOUSLY fix the problem somehow. I will NEVER buy anything from them again and advise everyone I know to do the same.

I understand having to deal with suppliers, but don't tell some one it will be a 1 week delay when in actuality it is a month and a half delay.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcyanide View Post
I am still waiting on my power steering kit as well. Cancelling the order today. I will figure out my own solution because I am tired of being strung along being told it will be done in one week, one week rolls by and it is not here.

unless they are willing to SERIOUSLY fix the problem somehow. I will NEVER buy anything from them again and advise everyone I know to do the same.
Sorry to hear that. I just do not get it. If it was my company I would be working over time and weekends to get people their product.

Also thanks for adding that Honda tech post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

yeah, after waiting over a month for the fittings to arrive I was just told on the phone it *might* be done Friday, and that they received the fittings last Friday.

I understand it does take some time to make these things. but if I owned the business I would be busting my ASS to make sure that are done ASAP, i would have worked through the weekend. Telling someone it might take more than a week to put some fittings together is BS.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Also forgot to add that before the excuse of no ignitor plug in stock Kevin one of the guys who wires there told me this. Sorry it is taking so long, but I need a few more days because we do not support the chaser ecu so I have to figure out the pin out. Last time I checked almost all of front sump 1jzs were chaser motors. And for those who do not know, 240s have to have a front sump jz. They talk to me like I'm dumb.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I got my clutch line after like 3 weeks of waiting from chasebay.. Nice product but damn 3 weeks for a clutch line.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
TMY_DUB

TMY_DUB is an unknown quantity at this point
Im in the same boat for my S14 1jz harness from them! They told me 4 weeks when I ordered. Also when I ordered I asked about using a 2jzgte jdm aristo ecu. They said sure no problem.

After 5 weeks I started calling asking on an estimated date. They said "next week" . Next week comes and goes. I call them again, they say "it will be done and in quality control for sure next week". That goes on for a couple more weeks.

Then last week they tell me that the harness is done for sure and its ready to ship! But they cant ship it till the following monday because they are busy going to import alliance. Im not happy about this but I figured its only 2 days since no one ships on Sundays.

Then I call on Monday and they said its still in quality control and they will ship it by Wednesday. wow!

Then I call them on Wednesday and they tell me the harness wont work with the aristo ecu I have because They can't wire it for that ecu.

WOW! Thanks a ton chasebays! You couldn't have told me that for the 5 weeks you told me it would "be done next week". And then they said it was done and ready to ship when it wasn't?

Then another person in their tech department told me that I ordered it for a 1jz ecu. I went back to double check and I didn,t. In fact I called them and talked to them in person to make sure they could make it work with that ecu and they said they could no problem.

Come on! Im not ordering from them again if they don't help me change my mind about when they say they'll deliver on something!
TMY_DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
TMY_DUB

TMY_DUB is an unknown quantity at this point
Chasebays review #2

I know there already been a review about the same thing, but I have to make another one. I don't like giving bad reviews, but Im so frustrated with chasebays right now that Im going too.

Mine is also about their wiring harness service.

I ordered a wire harness for my 1.5JZ S14 about 9 weeks ago.

I ordered a 1jz harness using a jdm 2jzgte aristo ecu. I know this ecu has been used before and they told me that could do it no problem.

After 5 weeks I started calling asking on an estimated date. They said "next week". Next week comes and goes. I call them again, they say "it will be done and in quality control for sure next week". That goes on for a couple more weeks.

Then last week they tell me that the harness is done for sure and its ready to ship! But they cant ship it till the following monday because they are busy going to import alliance. Im not happy about this but I figured its only 2 days since no one ships on Sundays.

Then I call on Monday and they said its still in quality control and they will ship it by Wednesday. wow!

Then I call them on Wednesday and they tell me the harness wont work with the aristo ecu I have because They can't wire it for that ecu.

WOW! Thanks a ton chasebays! You couldn't have told me that you cant wire it with that ecu for the 5 weeks you told me you were working on it and it would "be done next week". And then they said it was done and ready to ship when it wasn't?

Then another person in their tech department told me that I ordered it for a 1jz ecu. I went back to double check and I didn't. In fact I called them when I ordered and talked to them in person to make sure they could make it work with that ecu and they said they could no problem.

Im not ordering from them again if they don't help me change my mind about when they say they'll deliver on something!

My question is, how long were they going to wait to tell me that ecu wasnt something they could do if they waited till the day they told me it would ship? Why couldnt they keep me up to date? I understand stuff happens and people get backed up on orders etc. but let me know!

I ordered a couple other small things from the previously and I was very impressed with the quality and customer service. But now I am not.

I would not recommend chasebays for any wiring services.
TMY_DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #20
enohand
Leaky Injector

enohand is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to enohand
understandable to some extent.

however, this does not justify the fact that Chase & I setup specific specs on a power-steering line for my G20, (same as the 240, but 1" longer, & a 45* elbow @ the rack end) Chase said no problem...

however after waiting close to a month, the line arrives & it is your stock 240 line (19" with 2 90* bends)

i have been in talks with logan at your shop but i keep getting told i will recive a call back later that day after he speaks with chase.....i have not gotten that call back...even after calling in multiple times.

I have no problem waiting on things ....but need to be kept in the loop.

however this is keeping me from assembling my car right now & i have a 1 week old baby at home & a wife that is pissed since she has to go outside to get the kid in the car instead of going to the garage....

please see the e-mail that i sent you guys @ 10:24 am EST. today

thank you
enohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #21
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

I already cancelled my order, I May order it again once it's in stock if you still send me the coupon code that you had mentioned in an email. Otherwise I will be just welding AN fittings onto my rack and piecing together the stuff myself. I understand shit happens.

However look at PBM when something is out of stock they make note of it on their website so people don't order it and then are SOL. They also OVER-predict when things will be back in stock so stuff like this situation does not happen. That's just good buisness.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
HiI'mDustin

HiI'mDustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive had quite a rough time with my chase bays harness to say the least. DO NOT BUY THEIR 240sx 2JZ-GTE HARNESS for oem ECU.

People have had fine experiences with their AEM ECU harness but do not buy a harness from them if you plan on using an OEM ecu

There is an extensive review on supra forums
HiI'mDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #23
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Well guys, My harness came in Monday. As we talked about the quality looks AMAZING. Chase did next day it for me after all said and done. I guess the real question is now will it work? I will update this tonight letting everyone know. I do hope to have a running car tonight though = )
Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
Prove It
Zilvia Member

sooo went to go put my harness on today, and i found a lovely surprise. The ecu end of the harness did not match up to my 1JZ ECU. the plugs were much bigger. I come to find out it has 2jz-gte ecu plugs on the harness. I called Chase Bays and they tell me that all there 2jz / 1jz harnesses come with a 2jz ecu end. You have to run a 2JZ ECU. They claim it is on the website, but i did not see it. I am so upset, i just want my car to run. I don'y know what to do = (((
Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
turbociv910
Zilvia Member

turbociv910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here, took a little longer than initially told on the harness by 4 weeks (10 weeks all together), other products were here fine and dandy. 3-6 weeks is more like 10-12 weeks i guess.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
dcdcsk8ter1

dcdcsk8ter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have had issues with this company, i ordered a brake booster eliminator kit, which like everything else of theirs seems quite expensive, but what do you do, i think i got it about a week later which was decently normal only thing is they forgot to put in all the hardware that goes with the kit, i emailed them that same day i received the package and it took them forever to email me back i actually had to email them again a week later before they responded back and they said they would send it right out, well that was over a month ago now, and its only a matter of someone throwing some bolts and such into a large envelope and shipping it out how hard could that be, also will never buy anything from them ever again, and will never recommend anyone to them
dcdcsk8ter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #27
s14k
Leaky Injector

s14k is an unknown quantity at this point
Chase Bays issues

Anyone else having problems when ordering anything from chasebays. I ordered a brakeline kit the 2nd of may and havent recieved it yet. When i call them the shipping people tell me its on back order and that they are having problems with there suppliers. I understand that. But why dont they post it on the website that items are on back order or send an email to their customers letting them know that stuff is backordered. last email i recieved from them was on may 2nd staiting my order was in processing. I had to call to find out what the problem was. Then the guy i talked to was a dick about it. This will be the last time i order from them
s14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
You and everybody else (or maybe just some people).

They seem to be hit and miss. There are 100 threads already about them. Go find those.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #29
s14k
Leaky Injector

s14k is an unknown quantity at this point
cool i will look around
s14k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
laocivic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)