Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #61
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I wish I had orders to Misawa, Shaw sucks lol. Might be putting in for Korea next year so I can hopefully get a follow on to Japan.
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #62
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T chop View Post
At the bases with all the American chain stores, can non-military people shop in them?
No, you must hold an ID card.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #63
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
I wish I had orders to Misawa, Shaw sucks lol. Might be putting in for Korea next year so I can hopefully get a follow on to Japan.
Why in Gods Name would you wanna wish that? There's 3 other base in Japan that's better than Misawa.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
Misawa

Pros
1. Track 30 mins away from base
2. Away from big cities less traffic ( you can go to cities)
3. Mainland
4. Relaxed car laws base doesn't care or bother

Cons
1.Snow
2.Snow.
3.Ken Blocks
5.Poor work flow and management
4.Away from big city tuning shops and ready to buy parts
5.Must order nearly everything.

I will be moving down south for competition ease.. but Im glad I didnt get Yokota or Kadena when I was military. But we all have our own opinions.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #65
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggamehit View Post
Misawa

Pros
1. Track 30 mins away from base
2. Away from big cities less traffic ( you can go to cities)
3. Mainland
4. Relaxed car laws base doesn't care or bother

Cons
1.Snow
2.Snow.
3.Ken Blocks
5.Poor work flow and management
4.Away from big city tuning shops and ready to buy parts
5.Must order nearly everything.

I will be moving down south for competition ease.. but Im glad I didnt get Yokota or Kadena when I was military. But we all have our own opinions.
I just hate the fucking cold...I'd probably jump off the towers if I'm snowed in for 4 months out of the year. But on the plus side, I liked Hokkaido (snowboarding and Sapporo Snow Festival). But I'd take Okinawa's weather, our summer full of festivals and getting into the water 8 months out of the year. Motorsports may not be that great now but there are better things to do than just car stuff.

If I still get an option, Camp Zama...AF detachment on an Army base...nobody fucks with you.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #66
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
yea bro I hear ya.. I cant stand snow and the worst is I gotta work in it and do car stuff in it hahaha.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #67
captinamy

Trader Rating: (0)
captinamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Why in Gods Name would you wanna wish that? There's 3 other base in Japan that's better than Misawa.
Yeah, Korea sucks for car people. I was just there. The flights to Japan are pretty cheap though, I got my hands on round trip tickets for $250.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #68
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by captinamy View Post
Yeah, Korea sucks for car people. I was just there. The flights to Japan are pretty cheap though, I got my hands on round trip tickets for $250.
Shit, thats cheaper than flying to mainland from Oki. Speaking of which, did you guys bring me some goodies?!?!

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #69
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Have they relaxed the restrictions on the Navy/ Marines yet. I have a chance to go to Japan for a 3 month TAD.

Thanks Whiters for the info, im an E-6

Last edited by lewisfk; 03-31-2013 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: info
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #70
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
There's still curfew in effect. Check your navy guidance for more details.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #71
whitersx02
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
whitersx02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Have they relaxed the restrictions on the Navy/ Marines yet. I have a chance to go to Japan for a 3 month TAD.
got a little better. if you're E-6 and above theres no curfew. E-5 below has midnight curfew. After 1900 i believe, need liberty buddy.
whitersx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #72
Ellerdude

Ellerdude is an unknown quantity at this point
What's going on guys I'm stationed at Yokota and I got 3 more years left here.
Ellerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #73
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellerdude View Post
What's going on guys I'm stationed at Yokota and I got 3 more years left here.
Where do you work? I'm at Yokota 'til next January. I love the area, close to the mountains and a the city. Was going to stay a little longer, but I'm ready to get back to the states now. Hardly have time for car stuff, but I've mangaed to get my hands on a decent amount of parts for my car in the states.

Last edited by sncs14; 04-01-2013 at 11:52 PM..
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Misawa and Kadena are the only bases I can go for weapons. F-15s in Kadena sound nice compared to f-16s which is what Im working here at Shaw. Just not sure I want Kadena because of the amount of people. But Im pretty sure they dont deploy and only TDY to Nellis and Tyndall once a year.

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #75
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Misawa has its good and bad.

Good- Drift tracks are close by and we are allowed to drift. A lot more Nissans/Toyotas to choose from. Snow is fun to drive in.

Bad- Curfew. Its pretty country up here. If married you HAVE to live on base No matter what rank you are. If your single and a E5 you MIGHT be able to live off base. Internet service is fucking garbage on base.

Gotta drive a ways to go places, Upgarage is not very impressive. But if you have a Japanese Friend they can order parts for you off the YAJ or UG website

Auto Hobby shop sucks balls, Snows A LOT up here so Rust is an issue so finding a non rust bucket chassis can be a challenge. and keeping it from rusting can be an issue since the AHS wont allow painting in the shop.

Kadena- Good- Island is awesome, Very Pretty in the summer. Lots to do on the island. More close knit car community. Base is more up to date, 2 story BX which is fucking huge! Better AHS.

Bad- Curfew. A lot of heat on that island from the past year, cannot drift at the "tracks"

rust is still an issue for the chassis's down there, selection of cars can be limited/ more expensive.

Im sure there is somethings im forgetting at the moment
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #76
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
someone based in japan:
buy me shit from YAJ auctions + ship from base (for a commission) = makes us both $$

ratsun: dawa (73 datsun 620)
clublexus: properD (97 sc300)
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #77
Okidamage
Leaky Injector

Okidamage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post

Kadena- Good- Island is awesome, Very Pretty in the summer. Lots to do on the island. More close knit car community. Base is more up to date, 2 story BX which is fucking huge! Better AHS.

Bad- Curfew. A lot of heat on that island from the past year, cannot drift at the "tracks"

rust is still an issue for the chassis's down there, selection of cars can be limited/ more expensive.

Im sure there is somethings im forgetting at the moment

I'm on kadena right now and it sucks... We're still on lockdown so no drinking off base(have been for over eight months now). To add onto that the bullring got shut down and now the only track left is nago circuit which you can't drift at. I'd take mainland over this place any day.
Okidamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #78
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okidamage View Post
I'm on kadena right now and it sucks... We're still on lockdown so no drinking off base(have been for over eight months now). To add onto that the bullring got shut down and now the only track left is nago circuit which you can't drift at. I'd take mainland over this place any day.
Its summer time, find other shit to do on island. If you havent taken advantage of the water, you're missing out. If I was back there, I'd take my ass up to Kouri Island and just bum on the beach out there all day.

There are still spots that people drift at up north. Would just suck if you crash since its a looooooong way back when you're almost up in Hedo. Then you still have all the lil roads that cut back and forth between the island. You could spend a couple hours just cutting back and forth as you head up to Nago. We used to go and blast thru the back roads from 10 till 6 in the morning.

As far as the track, there's a small cart track down in Itoman, its not much but its pretty technical. Just gotta know the right people who'd take you there. Then you can always jump in on the RCCA events in Nago.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #79
BannisteR

BannisteR is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got out to Yokosuka in January and love it so far. Only met a few people out here so far.
BannisteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #80
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Currently in Korea. Bumping this up because I'll be stationed at Misawa come summertime. How's the car selection at the lemon lot? Does anyone know any good websites with cars for sale off base?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #81
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
lemon lots hit or miss, Right now there is a R32 GTST, S14 Zenki, and a FD.. thats about it for a sports car. 4WD cars are big up here due to the shit ton of snow around here.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 09-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #82
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Thanks! Yeah, that's what I hear. Too bad I can't bring my F-150. I spent the last 5 years in the midwest, so I have experience driving in the snow.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #83
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDRFT View Post
Currently in Korea. Bumping this up because I'll be stationed at Misawa come summertime. How's the car selection at the lemon lot? Does anyone know any good websites with cars for sale off base?
When you get there, let us know how you are enjoying all the fun motorsports activities there are to do...

But in all seriousness, some military folks from yokota might want to fill some folks in on the recent changes...while im aware, im not stationed there and things can change over-night.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #84
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

well you can forget about it for a while. Commander just past a NOTAM saying drifting is illegal at Tracks....sooo yeah
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 09-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #85
Island_DC5
Leaky Injector

Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
well you can forget about it for a while. Commander just past a NOTAM saying drifting is illegal at Tracks....sooo yeah
My buddy at Misawa was Just telling me about that, said the wing commander banned racing/drifting till further notice. Any idea what happened?

I came in this thread though because I'll be at Yokota come January, just seeing if anyone is out there now.
Island_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #86
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_DC5 View Post
My buddy at Misawa was Just telling me about that, said the wing commander banned racing/drifting till further notice. Any idea what happened?

I came in this thread though because I'll be at Yokota come January, just seeing if anyone is out there now.
I'll be leaving in Yokota in January.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #87
Island_DC5
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncs14 View Post
I'll be leaving in Yokota in January.
Ahh damn, right when I get there. Any notable spots where I can meet some up with some enthusiasts? and any recommendations on best places to look for a S13 coupe? Ive been looking at yokotaads already.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #88
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

There are a number of S-chassis owners on base, but there are way more R-chassis guys. I didn't have the time or take the time to meet any car people here. I mostly just scoop up parts for my S14, back home, when I come across a good deal or something hard to get in the states. You could probably post what you're looking for on one, or more, of the Yokota FB groups that deals with selling stuff, and someone that has access to the auctions will offer to help you out.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #89
Island_DC5
Leaky Injector

Hmm, yeah the only R chassis I'll probably consider is a 32 gtst. Cool though, appreciate the info. Yeah I just joined two auto sale groups on FB for Yokota, Ill be sure to make some posts once Im there.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #90
Jenniar

Jenniar is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not know that there is a so cold place in Japan.
Jenniar is offline   Reply With Quote