Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

I got annoyed that no one seemed to be talking about Thor 2: The Dark World, so I made a thread where we can discuss it and all the other movies coming up without having to dig through separate threads.

Who's seen Thor 2 yet? I dug it. Slightly better than I was expecting. Better than Thor 1, Captain America 1 and IronMan 3, IMO. Loki made this shit awesome. Without him, the movie would have been ass.

Anyways, Winter Soldier is coming up soon. They had an extended trailer before Thor 2 of Cap beating the shit out of everybody in an elevator. Maybe that will be online soon too.

Soooo... Discuss!

Currently, I am waaay more excited about the next Cap movie than the next X-Men movie. But what do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good thread.

I saw Thor 2 last week as well. I'm really surprised at how well they can craft such cosmic places on screen. Thor had the biggest chance of being completely cheesy and lame because of the setting but they pull it off.

Looking forward to Cap 2 but I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Netflix exclusive series happening! This is going to he awesome.Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event | News | Marvel.com
Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I watched Thor 2 two nights ago and it was better than I expected. It's funny because I'm always excited to watch the Wolverine movies and they turn out to disappoint me, but when I see Thor or Captain America just for the hell of it I end up enjoying it more. I don't know why, but all the movies in Marvel's Cinematic Universe have been awesome. I have not enjoyed the XMen movies (except for First Class).

I'm really interested in seeing how MCU's pulls off their upcoming movies around their lessor known properties (Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man) because I don't really know about these characters much and also because Super Hero movies usually are cheesy, but Marvel Studios always have made them interesting and enjoyable (at least with the MCU lineup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
X men first class blew every other x men away easily. Fassbenders young Magneto was mesmerizing. Really looking forward to the next xmen. Overall I'm pretty happy with how Hollywood is handling superhero movies lately.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
X men first class blew every other x men away easily. Fassbenders young Magneto was mesmerizing. Really looking forward to the next xmen. Overall I'm pretty happy with how Hollywood is handling superhero movies lately.
I'm definitely looking forward to the next X-Men movie mainly because of Fassbender. I'm a big fan of his acting talent.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to the next X-Men movie mainly because of Fassbender. I'm a big fan of his acting talent.
Nerd alert***

I can't wait to see him in Assassins Creed!

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 11-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
Quote:
Nerd alert***

I can't wait to see him in Assassins Creed!
whaaaaaaaat! i didn't know about this!,i must research this right meow
Old 11-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
I agree. First Class was the best X Movie. The Wolverine cameo may have been the single best moment in comic book movie history.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Here's my gripe: I have always loved X-Men and mutants far more than the Avengers in the comics. But the Avengers movie franchise was executed soooo much better than the X-Men franchise.

I feel like the Avengers movies did a great job of building each character individually and stayed as close to the source material as they could. But the X-Men franchise, though it seemed great when first released, is now fubar'd by comparison. Havoc was an original X-Man, what, 20 or 30 years before his brother Cyclops?! Sabretooth in the first movie and another Sabretooth in the Wolverine origin movie?! Jean killing Scott was the absolute worst. That 3rd X-Men movie was the real nail in the coffin for me. I had hoped that the new Wolverine movie would try to distance itself from that trash, but nope. Mired all up in that shit.

I have no hope that Fox will be able to pull off Days of Future Past with any type of success or endearment comparable to Marvel/Disney's Avengers.

I just wish Fox would either allow the franchise to return to Marvel or let enough time lapse to reboot it from the ground up the right way. But that would mean losing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine though.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I agree the Avengers movie is waaaaay better than the X-Men movies.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what it is about the X-Men movies. The casting seems fine, but I think it's just how the events of the X-Men movies play out are just totally ridiculous. I mean, it was disappointing that the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 kind of strayed away from the comics and ended up being an alcoholic clown being used as a puppet when he is one of Iron Man's most difficult and challenging adversaries, but I think the combination of Downing Jr's acting, cheesy jokes, special effects, and all the cool Iron Man suits kind of redeemed itself and still made IM3 enjoyable to me. In X-Men 3, Cyclops dies and Magneto loses his mutant powers? My God, wtf!?

Anyways, going back to what I was talking about yesterday. I recall Guardians of the Galaxy has a freaking 5ft tall raccoon as part of their team. How is Marvel studio going to make this guy realistic and serious?

(I just wiki'd Guardians of the Galaxy and apparently there are 2 teams. 1 from the 2000s and 1 from the 60s without Rocket Raccoon, so maybe the movie will be based on the older team).

More interestingly, how are they going to make Ant Man interesting? I thought his only power is to shrink to the size of an ant? haha Who knows, I didn't know Aqua Man was so powerful until I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Maybe I'll think of Ant Man differently when I watch MCU's movie.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
More interestingly, how are they going to make Ant Man interesting? I thought his only power is to shrink to the size of an ant? haha Who knows, I didn't know Aqua Man was so powerful until I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Maybe I'll think of Ant Man differently when I watch MCU's movie.
I didn't know anything about antman until the disneyxd show of the avangers came out. ants can lift X times the amount of of their body weight. Ant man has that power too.

the x-men franchise is a not my cup of tea. same goes for the wolverine series.

i'm on board with what simmode1 says.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Anyways, going back to what I was talking about yesterday. I recall Guardians of the Galaxy has a freaking 5ft tall raccoon as part of their team. How is Marvel studio going to make this guy realistic and serious?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ketraccoon.png
I was all like WTF when I heard about Rocket Raccoon too. I mean, like Blade, most ppl have never heard of that Marvel franchise until they got the movie treatment. I saw this on youtube and it had me laughing soooo, maybe the raccoon won't be so bad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKE04yUDtY

On another note... Who's been watching the Marvel's Agent's SHIELD? I hear next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the events that happened in Thor 2... I'm enjoying the show, but the agents Fitz and Simmons aren't really growing on me like I'd expect them to from a Joss Whedon project not like Topher from Dollhouse, Xander & Willow from Buffy or Wes & Fred from Angel...

Quote:
Only thing interesting I know about Antman is that he beats his wife.

I've been hearing rumors that he won't even be in a film... I'm hearing that Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation, but possibly, a form of Tony's armor that gained sentient life... That makes sense to me with all direction Tony has been going with his tech in the movies. Seems like they're effectively writing out Hank Pym. Good thing, if they do, since the only thing he does is lives in Tony's shadow anyway.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
ants can lift X times the amount of of their body weight. Ant man has that power too.
I thought about that too... but then I was wondering if it only applied if he was the size of an ant or in human form. Kind of useless if only works if he's the size of an ant, but that's probably not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post

I've been hearing rumors that he won't even be in a film... I'm hearing that Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation, but possibly, a form of Tony's armor that gained sentient life... That makes sense to me with all direction Tony has been going with his tech in the movies. Seems like they're effectively writing out Hank Pym. Good thing, if they do, since the only thing he does is lives in Tony's shadow anyway.
I don't know, I think it would be more interesting if Ultron was created by someone else rather than just one of Tony Stark's armor becoming self-aware. It would be too predictable since Tony knows the weakness of the armor and would make for a boring movie. Ultron is one of the reasons I must see Avengers 2 though, so I hope they don't fuck it up.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

Whats the difference between Tony or hank creating Ultron? As creators, either should know it's weaknesses, yet they still have problems with him because he constantly upgrades himself.

I dunno. Maybe having Tony create Ultron for the purpose of writing out Antman would tarnish Avengers like Fox messed up X-Men by taking unnecessary liberties with the storylines. But maybe they want to avoid Antman because it's hard to have a conversation about Hank Pym without bringing up his domestic violence past and the wife that he was beating on is untouchable in the X-Men franchise...
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sounds like this guy...

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The problem with the X-Men movies is the problem that most comic movies have. They treat it as mindless action movie fodder and don't take any of it seriously. The details don't matter to the producers and the writers take full license to change anything and everything about a story they already don't know.

You end up with crap like that terrible Deadpool and Juggernaut.

All that not having Antman in the movie universe does is change who created Ultron. He does nothing else of significance that couldn't easily be shifted to other characters.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This is the reason why certain comic book based movies are awesome while others just plain suck.

This breaks down who owns the rights to what.

dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
It extends beyond that. The makers of Scott Pilgrim figured out how to make it more than a cheap action flick while Kickass seems to have missed most of what was cool about the comic. Most of these producers just don't seem to see the artistic value of the source material. They'd make a Zelda movie and give Link giant speaking parts.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
This is the reason why certain comic book based movies are awesome while others just plain suck.
In Columbia's defense, at least the Spiderman movies weren't bad. Ghost Rider sucked but he's not that popular of a character anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It extends beyond that. The makers of Scott Pilgrim figured out how to make it more than a cheap action flick while Kickass seems to have missed most of what was cool about the comic.
The violence in Kick Ass movies was already toned down for the public. There was already bitching from family advocacy groups about the violence and profanity that Hit Girl portrayed in the movie when the actress was only 11 years old. I'm not sure how well it would go (well, I'm sure it would not go well) if they also made a gang rape scene of Night Bitch in Kick Ass 2 as in the comic. Feminist and women's groups against domestic violence would have a field day with that one.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I read an interview with Weadon a couple weeks ago talking about Thanos. He said that Thanos is going to be basically a "final boss". So I'm assuming he doesn't show up until Avengers 2. Wondering if Avengers 2 will have the Avengers AND Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat him? That would epic.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
I was all like WTF when I heard about Rocket Raccoon too. I mean, like Blade, most ppl have never heard of that Marvel franchise until they got the movie treatment. I saw this on youtube and it had me laughing soooo, maybe the raccoon won't be so bad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKE04yUDtY

On another note... Who's been watching the Marvel's Agent's SHIELD? I hear next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the events that happened in Thor 2... I'm enjoying the show, but the agents Fitz and Simmons aren't really growing on me like I'd expect them to from a Joss Whedon project not like Topher from Dollhouse, Xander & Willow from Buffy or Wes & Fred from Angel...

You heard wrong
Ant-Man (2015) - IMDb
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
How the hell are you guys saying you are comic book fans and marvel fans and A) dont know about guardians of the galaxy...how they tie into X-men
B) say that Ant man is not an important part of the avengers, and has no major rolls....
Im shaking my damn head at you monkeys.

Oh and ghost rider not popular? if they continue the spiderman series the way it should be, Ghost rider and deadpool will be very popular....
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #24
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^To be honest, I read a few books in the 80's but didn't really get into comice until the Age of Apocalypse era when Joe Madureira started introducing his anime/manga influenced art style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
You heard wrong
Ant-Man (2015) - IMDb
Strange. The July 2015 release date is AFTER the May 2015 release date of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron... So Ultron is slated to appear before Hank Pym gets a movie?

Anyways, I don't care if I'm wrong. I just don't care to see an Antman character in a movie.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #25
babyjesus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
babyjesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
antman would be pretty cool. here's a video someone made of a preview from a while back. couldn't figure out how to embed, but here's the link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyc...ser_shortfilms
Old 11-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
How the hell are you guys saying you are comic book fans and marvel fans and A) dont know about guardians of the galaxy...how they tie into X-men
B) say that Ant man is not an important part of the avengers, and has no major rolls....
Im shaking my damn head at you monkeys.

Oh and ghost rider not popular? if they continue the spiderman series the way it should be, Ghost rider and deadpool will be very popular....
Sorry we're not as nerdy as you.

For the record, I never said I was an extreme comic book fan know it all. I did collect some comic cards when I was younger so that's how that got me interested into Marvel, so I only have basic limited knowledge. I never read too deeply into graphic comic novels and know all the stories.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Please tell us of the amazing tales of Antman.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #28
simmode1
Post Whore!

Fuck Antman. Would rather have Black Panther anyday. Hell, I'd take Iron Fist & Luke Cage over Antman in a heartbeat.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Fuck Antman. Would rather have Black Panther anyday. Hell, I'd take Iron Fist & Luke Cage over Antman in a heartbeat.
Idris Elba as Black Panther? Yes please

Old 11-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Chiwetel Ejiofor gets my vote. Let Idris bring back Spawn.