Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #91
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I recently got a home appraisal because we did bunch of improvements like real wood shutters and stuff. found out my neighborhood has bunch people with loan defaults, which affect our property value as well. I only saw 3 foreclosure during that burst so, didn't think much of it. there was a lot of homes for sale. it sucks but, its not going to stop me from doing home improvements. I'm on a excellent prime area so, eventually P/V will go back up.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #92
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have only seen one foreclosed house, and that was when we were looking moving into a larger house (bank short sale).

Here in Canada, the only bubble I see busting in the foreseeable future, would be the condo market. In my city, there are more available then people in the market purchasing.

You can read an article about it here!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #93
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I live in highland park, LA. For those of you who understand, it's the age of the wave of gentrification. All you gotta do is ride on it. Looks like it's heading towards east los now.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #94
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
so watching some house hunters right now

man... idk how some of these guys that are making all the money are letting their wives spend it all on a house they dont even want haha

do any of you guys buy houses to flip or sit on as investment properties? generally i understand its pretty high risk, but if you already have the money it doesnt seem like a terrible investment
Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #95
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I always laugh when they doubt the designers.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #96
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
House hunters is faked
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #97
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
so watching some house hunters right now

man... idk how some of these guys that are making all the money are letting their wives spend it all on a house they dont even want haha
there are a lot of wealthy people out there!
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #98
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im 24 now, and my plan is to dump 80% of my salary into a property home.

im going to live with parents and hopefully buy a piece of property every year for the next couple years. i've got 6 years till 30, so if i can own 8 or so, even at $1k rent a month.... that's an extra $100k-ish on top of what i would be making at my job. the good thing is that my aunt is in real estate so she knows the business as well as manages a ton of properties.

i'll be able to live my 30s with much less financial stress Lol
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #99
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I bought my house in 2008 at the bottom of the crunch. Picked up a 2,200 Sq/ft 2 story 15,000 sq/ft lot size foreclosure that was turn key ready to move in. 2 car over sized garage. Purchased for $135,000, appraised out at $175,000 before purchase, since then comps in the area are selling for $215,000 (2012-2014 #'s). Ours w/out in ground pool appraises at $205,000 (eight house neighborhood, 11 houses have in ground pools). Owing is the way to go, keep a close eye on the market and you can find something that can generate some equity. Plus I am always looking at foreclosures, but once they hit the market someone jumps on it faster than me. :/

Would love to find a piece of land with some acres, build a detached garage for activities, build the wife her dream home, shoot anything I want, and ride dirt trails.
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #100
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

im going to live with parents and hopefully buy a piece of property every year for the next couple years. i've got 6 years till 30, so if i can own 8 or so, even at $1k rent a month.... that's an extra $100k-ish on top of what i would be making at my job. the good thing is that my aunt is in real estate so she knows the business as well as manages a ton of properties.

Shit, I hope you plan to use a property management company. Maintaining multiple rental properties isn't for the faint of heart. A lot of ppl can't hack it, cut their losses & get out of the game.

Be prepared!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #101
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Quote:

good plan!

1k profit a month? that is asking for a lot. Don't forget about putting cash aside for maintence and operating cost (ideally 50% of the rental)

My highest performing property brings in $1100 profit a month from rent. Putting aside half of that, and paying for operating costs such as paying for taxes and insurance, its only yielding a couple hundred a month. This is pretty typical for an investment rental property unless there was some creative owner-finance purchase method involved

There are a lot of resources out there from many different perspective. Make sure you use them all during your on-going learning process.

Last edited by Silverbullet; 08-21-2014 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 07-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #102
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
i've got 6 years till 30, so if i can own 8 or so, even at $1k rent a month...
I'd hate to be in your shoes when property tax hits each property.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #103
PMG 705

PMG 705 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy one property per year? I am quite certain you dont know what this plan requires. Banks don't just loan out money year after year to the same person with the same salary/equity/portfolio. Unless you're in the mid six figures salary this plan is folly.

In any case, I dont know your financial situation and I wish you all the luck and hope you only take one year to add to your property holdings.
PMG 705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #104
akaina240
Zilvia Junkie

akaina240 is an unknown quantity at this point
do u reccomend buying a home for someone whos got like 100k cash?
Im currently still living at home, only make like 2k a month....but the thing is Im not the type of person to stay in an area for too long, i like to try new things and move to new places until I find "home"
akaina240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #105
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Never noticed this thread before, but after reading some of the first pages, it reminds me why I moved out of CA. Home prices are crazy. Moved back here (Northern Utah), I'm now building a custom home in a new sub development, 1600 sq ft, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, nearly $20k in upgrades, and I'm still gonna be paying less for it monthly than I was for a 900 sq ft, 1 bedroom apartment in West Hollywood. I get that the cost of living is higher there, but I'm making the same money here as I was there, lucked out I guess, as I seem to have much more disposable income now.

It really depends on where you live, I think the prices of homes/rent increase with how desirable it is to live there. Southern California is the king here if you ask me; mild weather all year long, every amenity that you can imagine, every type of neighborhood you can imagine, it has something for everyone really.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #106
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post

It really depends on where you live, I think the prices of homes/rent increase with how desirable it is to live there. Southern California is the king here if you ask me; mild weather all year long, every amenity that you can imagine, every type of neighborhood you can imagine, it has something for everyone really.

Hearing from other investors who live in expensive areas, they typically do not invest locally. Many investors have never seen their own properties in person due to investing in profitiable areas that are a good distance away.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #107
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
Never noticed this thread before, but after reading some of the first pages, it reminds me why I moved out of CA. Home prices are crazy. Moved back here (Northern Utah), I'm now building a custom home in a new sub development, 1600 sq ft, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, nearly $20k in upgrades, and I'm still gonna be paying less for it monthly than I was for a 900 sq ft, 1 bedroom apartment in West Hollywood. I get that the cost of living is higher there, but I'm making the same money here as I was there, lucked out I guess, as I seem to have much more disposable income now.

sorry, south California is not the king. the bay area have the most expensive areas to live. they also get paid higher then the south.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #108
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
I bought my house in 2008 at the bottom of the crunch. Picked up a 2,200 Sq/ft 2 story 15,000 sq/ft lot size foreclosure that was turn key ready to move in. 2 car over sized garage. Purchased for $135,000, appraised out at $175,000 before purchase, since then comps in the area are selling for $215,000 (2012-2014 #'s). Ours w/out in ground pool appraises at $205,000 (eight house neighborhood, 11 houses have in ground pools). Owing is the way to go, keep a close eye on the market and you can find something that can generate some equity. Plus I am always looking at foreclosures, but once they hit the market someone jumps on it faster than me. :/

Would love to find a piece of land with some acres, build a detached garage for activities, build the wife her dream home, shoot anything I want, and ride dirt trails.
My friend's nephew from STL bought a 2 story cabin on 168 acres with a river running through it for $300k near Bunker, MO. They use it as a weekend home, but it's a pretty awesome property. All the water is spring water, but you have to cross 3 creeks to get there, so not s-chassis accessible.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #109
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Build a bridge lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #110
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Funny I had seen this thread near the top of the page.

My wife and I are currently seeing what's on the market, and good lord is our area expensive!

We would like a double car garage house so that's $550K+. The houses we've seen that we like were closer to $600K.

I'm telling you that you Americans are lucky when it comes to house prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaina240 View Post
do u reccomend buying a home for someone whos got like 100k cash?
Im currently still living at home, only make like 2k a month....but the thing is Im not the type of person to stay in an area for too long, i like to try new things and move to new places until I find "home"
If you're the type to up and move (or your job requires movement) then I wouldn't do it, unless you LOVE the area.

Keep saving, and once it's time to settle down, you'll have a bunch of cash to throw towards it.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #111
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm telling you that you Americans are lucky when it comes to house prices.
Depends on who you talk to. Average rent in SF for an apartment is inching towards $3200. Rent for places around my work is around $4500-$5500+.

There was a 7% decrease in house sales MoM because people are getting priced out of the market. The median price for a home in SF is now $1M, it's the first time ever the median has hit 7 figures. Let's not even talk about housing prices, lol.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #112
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
Depends on who you talk to. Average rent in SF for an apartment is inching towards $3200. Rent for places around my work is around $4500-$5500+.

There was a 7% decrease in house sales MoM because people are getting priced out of the market. The median price for a home in SF is now $1M, it's the first time ever the median has hit 7 figures. Let's not even talk about housing prices, lol.
I should have rephrased or been more specific. There are areas that command top dollar for houses. San Fransisco is an outlier in the US while talking about rent and house prices...

$605K over asking in the Bay?

Yeah I get that the cost of living is higher/lower depending on which state you're living in, but that's the same in Canada (Province wise). It's just what I've seen from friends and family who are currently living in the US, your dollars go a LOT further then here.

Oh and the median house price in my town is $499K

Old 09-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #113
dac2828

dac2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know housing prices generally in our country in the 1980's were half or less than half of what they are now. Where does everyone think they'll be in 30 years from now?
dac2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #114
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Just bought a house. Close at the end of next month. Before pics coming soon. Going to do an entire kitchen remodel (white cabinets, carrera marble countertops, recalimed barn door sliders, etc etc). Acre lot in Brookfield, WI which has homes from about $150k to a few Million. We got a bargain on ours at $255k. It's surrounded by $300-$400k houses.

Looking forward to getting the kids out of the white trash area we live in now.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #115
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Just bought a house. Close at the end of next month. Before pics coming soon. Going to do an entire kitchen remodel (white cabinets, carrera marble countertops, recalimed barn door sliders, etc etc). Acre lot in Brookfield, WI which has homes from about $150k to a few Million. We got a bargain on ours at $255k. It's surrounded by $300-$400k houses.

Congrats man, do post pictures of progress. It's always awesome starting from a bargain deal and getting mods at a stock price.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #116
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
Congrats man, do post pictures of progress. It's always awesome starting from a bargain deal and getting mods at a stock price.
Yeah it is. This will be my second home remodel. I'm staying in this one though until all these damn kids finish school.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #117
charizard240s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
charizard240s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Californians on average make more.

So California homes on average cost more.

That's pretty much what it all comes down to.

Nobody wants to live in the boonies somewhere on the east coast.

So in return, people will make less and pay less for their house.
This is very false . And the east coast isn't the boonies
charizard240s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #118
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post

So what does a professional or couple make that affords to live in a $3200 month apartment? I'm curious how it compares to wear I live and my income.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #119
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

^^ the techies... low and med-income residential renters are getting shafted. they're throwing big money so pretty much everything goes up.

its good and bad.

but, for home owners...hells yeah.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #120
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Congrats on the home purchase!