Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ebola...

So...no need to introduce...

I'm curious to think is what y'all guys stance is about Ebola in the U.S.

Should we let Texas be their own republic like they always wanted to be?

Build a Berlin wall or Korea DMZ style borders around the state of Texas?

Is there a cure?

...just throwing out some icebreakers.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
From my understanding there is no cure. They can only treat the symptoms and hope you make it through. As far as blocking off Texas.... I haven't decided yet. Pretty scary especially because the infected nurse flew to another city while infected. 50% survival rate from this stuff it's no joke!

Any one hear about the fleas testing positive for the plague? They say with modern advances it is highly unlikely for there to be a major outbreak. But still scary as shit

Last edited by slideslidegnarslide; 10-15-2014 at 07:39 PM..
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I think it's airborne, I think the CDC is lying.
If it causes flu like symptoms and can be transmitted through fluids, then ummm... a sneaze can transfer that shit.. coughing etc.. droplets... it's the same thing that transfers TB and other stuff....
Old 10-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
idk.. I want to believe that is not airborne... a lot of diseases cause flu like symptoms.
I was thinking how come this eric duncan's wife didn't catch ebola were she must of had been more in contact with him than the nurses..
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
would they go that low to ...
US Goverment:
Ebola white flag excuse = Martial law
Population control

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/t...bama-delusions
Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think it's the beginning of the zombie apocalypse
http://www.travelerstoday.com/articl...deo-report.htm
Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
I don't think it's airborne...otherwise everyone at that hospital in Dallas would have it. The nurses who now have it obviously had a breach in protocol that caused it, probably happened when they were disposing of haz-waste. I have no idea what the procedures are for cleaning yourself after handling that kind of stuff, but if the procedures are anything like what we had to do in the military for nuke/biological/chem warfare training...it's tedious, and takes 2-3 people to clean one person.

If anything good is coming from this, it is proving that the govt cannot save it's own people (TSA/customs let that selfish asshole into the country, CDC not taking a proactive approach), and therefore govt is not always the answer to every problem. I'm not saying it's Obama's fault that the dead asshole slipped into the country, but he's definitely not handling the situation like a real leader would.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
HORShi
Zilvia Member

No it's not airbourne (currently). Not even in Africa. The reason why Africa is having an epidemic is because of the severe lack of resources medically. I have traveled to Africa ( 6 years ago and I traveled to the Gold Coast) and I will say people here in truly don't understand the severity of the lack of medical and resources in general the Ebola-infected countries.

Idk how much it have changed since I been, but from my own personal experience, most of the western African countries are notoriously corrupt, equivalent to Mexico or many of the Latin American countries. They allocation of resources and budgeting is shot, despite having a rich and abundance of natural resources. Their systems are greatly mismanaged, from medical, financially, industrially and on down. The line of poverty is also staggering (which ironically, most of the poor people are Muslim, and the extreme rich are Christians)

The only exception to this maybe the country of Ghana(Gold Coast). While still corrupt, is highly modernized, developed and if not the most diverse and developed economy possibly in entire Africa. It literally blew my mind and truly opened my eyes of how stereotypes and what you only see in the media can be absolutely BS and shitty and come to think of it, Ghana doesn't have NO cases of Ebola, despite being surrounded on both sides by Ebola stricken countries. But this could also be due to the fact that you cannot freely travel to Ghana, unlike here where you just show a passport and go through a scan and get patted down, there you are met with Ghana's military forced who are also armed and they do comprehensive checks. Even on their toll roads to enter/exit their country is quite comprehensive also.

Also FYI, the Ebola Virus Disease is actually caused by potentially 4 of the multi-family of viruses known as the Ebolavirus (which consist of 5 ebolaviruses total) and the most prolific and destructive virus of the family, is a virus simply called the "Ebola Virus" (Zaire Ebolavirus) which is potentially the biggest contributor to the Ebola Virus Disease that the people of West Africa is catching. So essentially, Ebola Virus Disease is derived from the 4 of the ebolavirus

(Just to put out some info of exactly what is Ebola)

What I find is funny is that because of this...this has brought 3 major topics here in the states...

1) Whether the U.S. should had let Texas succeed to their own republic (which is actually very funny)
2) The call for a permanent U.S. Surgeon General
3) How to approach this issue
4) and of course, wouldn't be America if we didn't have the person to blame and take the fame...Obama, CDC, Texas, Republicans, Democrats, Your mom, Sarah Palin, Illuminati blah, blah, blah and anything above.

Do you guys potentially think this could spread in such the way it did in West Africa?

I honestly believe it can stop here, unless of course we continue to have the amazing incompetence demonstrated by the CDC.

and I have to ask this, because it's honestly hilarious that it's even a consideration on the news,

Should we grant Texas their wish as their own Republic? lol.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
I think it's the beginning of the zombie apocalypse
http://www.travelerstoday.com/articl...deo-report.htm
Should I building a lifetime storage of Twinkies and makeshift shotgun rounds? lol
Old 10-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
I don't think it's airborne...otherwise everyone at that hospital in Dallas would have it. The nurses who now have it obviously had a breach in protocol that caused it, probably happened when they were disposing of haz-waste. I have no idea what the procedures are for cleaning yourself after handling that kind of stuff, but if the procedures are anything like what we had to do in the military for nuke/biological/chem warfare training...it's tedious, and takes 2-3 people to clean one person.

If anything good is coming from this, it is proving that the govt cannot save it's own people (TSA/customs let that selfish asshole into the country, CDC not taking a proactive approach), and therefore govt is not always the answer to every problem. I'm not saying it's Obama's fault that the dead asshole slipped into the country, but he's definitely not handling the situation like a real leader would.
If anything it highlights the failures of a state that resists federal funding and regulations on healthcare.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
I'm not saying it's Obama's fault that the dead asshole slipped into the country,
Let's se how you react to obtaining a disease with a high fatality rate in a 3rd world country when you know your status provides you health care in America. This dude obtained ebola trying to save a pregnant woman's life. It's ppl with views like you that make ppl go on shooting rampages.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
And for all the idiots talking about quarantining all of Texas because you think ebola is now airborne... Try talking to a real medical practiontioner about what an airborne infectious disease realy is. EBOLA IS NOT AIRBORNE! But a do agree that Rick Perry's stance on declining govt assistance is a large contributing factor to how much fucking up occurred over Thomas Eric Duncan's death. The CDC is fucking up too. But I'm still not worried. If you're not handling an infected person's blood or bodily fluids, you'll be fine.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

But yeah, you let an infected person vomit or cough up blood on you, then you may have a problem. Even if you catch it, it's treatable if they catch it early. Keep in mind, there were already several ebola survivors in Texas prior on anyone ever even hearing about Thomas Eric Duncan. The idiocy was the sheer size of the medical team they had handling Duncan. Should have had a small dedicated team.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #14
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
If anything it highlights the failures of a state that resists federal funding and regulations on healthcare.
Hardly. Not every hospital is prepared to handle this kind of contagious virus. There's a reason the two American doctors were brought directly to the CDC, and not some Med Stop in the suburbs. Which leads to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Let's se how you react to obtaining a disease with a high fatality rate in a 3rd world country when you know your status provides you health care in America. This dude obtained ebola trying to save a pregnant woman's life. It's ppl with views like you that make ppl go on shooting rampages.
Did he disclose this information before he boarded a plane to come back to the US and openly admit that he may have the virus? Last few stories I read, he withheld that little piece of information. The two aforementioned doctors? Brought back in and taken care of and have recovered.

Don't try to make this guy into a white knight. What he did was selfish by coming back, regardless of what good intentions he may have had by going over there in the first place. His actions were selfish and have now caused at least 2 more people to become infected, and possibly more since the second nurse wasn't showing symptoms until AFTER a trip home to Ohio.

I do agree about what you said in regards to the small team that should be handling the situation, and that goes back to what I said about the first two cases being treated at the CDC. Knowledgeable staff on hand makes a world of a difference. If only he had notified someone first...

As for the TX vs the Fed to determine who was more wrong, I still stand by what I said that this administration has taken a real lazy approach to world events, and this is no exception. There is no leadership in the White House, and there hasn't been for the last 6 years, and it has made a mockery of what our govt (as a whole) should be. The only line of defense between Mr. Duncan and the country was the Federal govt and that is a fact cannot be disputed.

Also, I have no idea what you are insinuating about the "shooting rampage" comment...care to explain?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #15
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
i work in a hospital, and i am concerned.. not extremly worried or paranoid
but it is something to be aware of.

currently at my hospital and sister hospital up the street they are remodeling the 3rd floors to make for an Ebola quarantine so we can be prepared for the big "IF"

my uncle said that this ebola scare reminded him of when the aids virus was first introduced
everyone was freaking terrified because they didnt know how it was spread or how to prevent it.

i dont think the news is helping either with all the dramatic music they have playing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #16
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Yeah, the media (I refuse to call Fox/CNN/MSNBC the "news") is not helping. They have a fantastic opportunity to educate people, and instead they're scaring the shit out of everyone dumb enough to watch their programming.

Being concerned is one thing...wearing latex gloves and a dust mask everywhere you go from this day forth is excessive, if you're not in the hospital system.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #17
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
this virus aint new news.

when you have a high fatality rate virus with no vaccine. I don't think it's excessive. ebov has been around for awhile, this is not like AIDS. you can get infected with indirect contact. it finally hit a denser pop. now with 4k + death and counting in a short amount of time. when you have high protocols and volunteers/health workers are dropping like flies cause you need a zero margin of error. you think just being concerned would help you?

ive been following the outbreak since march/may. i joked around with my co-workers, if we get a outbreak here. its going to rape us in the butt. so, don't let that poop water touch your ass.
we might feel untouchable. but, that breach on our soil told me...just being concerned won't protect you.

anyways, i know most hospital in my area are prepping and are asking dr/nurses volunteers for training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
idk.. I want to believe that is not airborne... a lot of diseases cause flu like symptoms.
I was thinking how come this eric duncan's wife didn't catch ebola were she must of had been more in contact with him than the nurses..
ebola has a long incubation period but, now sometimes they are seeing two days i/p. it has gotten unpredictable. another ebola strand restv is airborne.

and since this is the largest outbreak, yet. so, who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x95DTf0Gdg
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #18
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Yeah, the media (I refuse to call Fox/CNN/MSNBC the "news") is not helping. They have a fantastic opportunity to educate people, and instead they're scaring the shit out of everyone dumb enough to watch their programming.

Being concerned is one thing...wearing latex gloves and a dust mask everywhere you go from this day forth is excessive, if you're not in the hospital system.
I have always said, the media's purpose is NOT to inform, it's to entertain. CNN, FOX, MSNBC...they're just "formal" entertainment. They are exactly pretty much the same as TMZ, E! and Hollywood man, just "formal". Half the things that appear on the news I actually find comedic and downright stupid. I can't remember the last time I have actually watch a decent news story, with actual facts.

Even in this case with Ebola (Which it's not that hard just just to go type in "Ebola facts" in Google) they still throw out rumors and speculation. But more importantly, they'll highlight and entertain you with the incompetence of the CDC, Government, Texas (which are all true) showing videos and live reporters in the field, trying to get "the story" and still doesn't give no facts lol. It's asinine man.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #19
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Anyone see the fantastic screenshot of the second nurse walking onto the plane? And the "protocol supervisor" wearing no hazmat gear while being right next to the gurney?

I mean, is anyone in the healthcare industry taking this shit seriously?

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com..._100633538.jpg

(Huge image, didn't want to take up the whole page.)

Another:
Old 10-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #20
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Anyone see the fantastic screenshot of the second nurse walking onto the plane? And the "protocol supervisor" wearing no hazmat gear while being right next to the gurney?

I mean, is anyone in the healthcare industry taking this shit seriously?

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com..._100633538.jpg

(Huge image, didn't want to take up the whole page.)

Another:
Geezus, I wish you'd stop posting such ignorance. The guy without a hazmat suit was specifically trained to be there and he was the only one there capable to guiding the others onto the plane properly since the geared up personell have severly restricted hearing & vision in the suits. Look carefully... You'll see the patient is covered head to toe in gear, incapable of exchanging fluid with anyone. Nothing to fear there except public hysteria.
Quote:
Also, I have no idea what you are insinuating about the "shooting rampage" comment...care to explain?
It's your complete & utter lack of empathy that sickens me. You demostrate a complete inability to understand what another person might have been going through. Every one of those mass murdering shooter assholes rant about being surrounded by ppl just like you. Ppl who don't care to understand shit about what another person may be going through. This guy was facing CERTAIN death in Liberia after trying to save his pregnant neighbor's life & the life of her child. She died horribly & so did 4000 other ppl. If you were in his shoes, are you saying you would NOT have acted selfishly to try saving your own life? Oh no... you're the white knight of the internet... You'd take ebola on the chin and quietly allow your insides to liquify rather than boarding a plane for the US to seek better treatment. GTFO. Cut the guy some slack. 1 person dies here & everyone goes nuts. No body was saying shit when it was just Africans affected.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

Sorry man... Suffice it to say, I'm in DFW in the midst of all the irrational hysteria & the shit is really annoying, especially with idiots around the country all of sudden crying to let Texas secceed from the Union over this like we're Florida or something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Definitely not airborne, bro. The virus lacks the proteins neccessary to allow it you survive outside of a body long enough to be transmitted that way. The majority of airborne virus' travel through the air & latch onto your lungs, spreading out from there. If you read up on Ebola's symptoms, the lungs/respiratory system are one of the few bodily systems not effected much.http://www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/faq-ebola/en/
Old 10-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #22
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Geezus, I wish you'd stop posting such ignorance. The guy without a hazmat suit was specifically trained to be there and he was the only one there capable to guiding the others onto the plane properly since the geared up personell have severly restricted hearing & vision in the suits. Look carefully... You'll see the patient is covered head to toe in gear, incapable of exchanging fluid with anyone. Nothing to fear there except public hysteria.

It's your complete & utter lack of empathy that sickens me. You demostrate a complete inability to understand what another person might have been going through. Every one of those mass murdering shooter assholes rant about being surrounded by ppl just like you. Ppl who don't care to understand shit about what another person may be going through. This guy was facing CERTAIN death in Liberia after trying to save his pregnant neighbor's life & the life of her child. She died horribly & so did 4000 other ppl. If you were in his shoes, are you saying you would NOT have acted selfishly to try saving your own life? Oh no... you're the white knight of the internet... You'd take ebola on the chin and quietly allow your insides to liquify rather than boarding a plane for the US to seek better treatment. GTFO. Cut the guy some slack. 1 person dies here & everyone goes nuts. No body was saying shit when it was just Africans affected.
Maybe it's the training I've received that tells me one should not take chances when it comes to biohazardous contaminants. If someone is contaminated, you gear up to protect yourself. Plain and simple. What sort of training have YOU received in the matter? "Restricted hearing and vision"...The facemasks on those suits cut off beyond the peripheral line of eyesight, and the suits themselves are paper thin, and you can tell that because of how they are wrinkled. Nothing more than a standard Tyvek suit and helmet, perfect for keeping things out but allowing you a full range of motion. Having worn similar suits on several occasions, I can say that you're quickly proving how little you know.

And as for being empathatic, you're right. I'm not feeling any empathy or pity regarding his fate. Re-read what I said. The two initial doctors who became infected made it known, and we treated with precision. Mr. Duncan did not, and therefore made it a fucking "Where's Waldo" hunt to find everyone he had been in contact with since returning to the US. The result? Mass ignorant panic. Did he take any precautions to safeguard his health and wellness when he apparently tried to save this woman's life? If not, then that's his shortcoming that he has now passed on to at least two people.

In regards to the maniacal assholes who go on mass shootings, please show documentation about where they said logical people (despite a lack of empathy) propelled them to go on a killing spree, despite the killer being completely normal. As for understanding "what he was going through," that is irrelevant. He was infected. He did not make it known. He put people he was in direct contact with at risk.

I get it. It's an emotional topic for you (for whatever reason). Perhaps because I feel that things like this can be avoided through training and solid instruction, I say that the only thing that Mr. Duncan can fall back on is personal ignorance. But, having never met the man, I can't say. All I can say is that if I'm unprepared to safeguard myself from contracting a virus, I'm not going to put myself in harm's way. So no, I'm not a white knight, but I have no problem saying where someone else clearly went wrong, despite good intentions.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

Geezus... It goes on and on with you. Even with all your claimed training, you're still falling prey to irrational fear. http://www.businessinsider.com/man-w...hazmat-2014-10
Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #24
simmode1
Post Whore!

What Duncan did could have happened to anyone who was scared of dying in the way ebola kills. Was his response ideal? Hell no. Was it understandable? Absolutely. Dude knew they wouldn't let him on a plane out of Liberia if he told the truth. So he lied in an attempt to save his life and at the very least, see his fiancee/family again before he died. Yeah, he put himself in harms way trying to help someone. So your response is that when your neighbor knocks on your door to help his pregnant daughter get to the hospital because you both know that the ambulance will probably never come, is to tell them to fuck off because you don't have a hazmat suit handy? I'm a logical man. But you have to leave some room for compassion & humanity, dude. The topic itself isn't emotional for me. I just hate seeing/hearing humans acting inhumanely. Calling Duncan a dead asshole was just uncalled for.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #25
simmode1
Post Whore!

It should also be noted that Duncan didn't even know the girl had ebola... He just thought she was having a miscarriage. Potentially, he didn't really even lie/know about his exposure.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #26
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Geezus... It goes on and on with you. Even with all your claimed training, you're still falling prey to irrational fear. http://www.businessinsider.com/man-w...hazmat-2014-10
Considering I wear those suits on a near weekly basis to protect myself from hazardous chemicals, I feel I've had enough experience with them to back up what I said. One good thing about them is that they are VERY resistant to petroleum based products and most fluids, however they are not completely fluid proof (ie, blood and water can soak through). They also tear easily, even a dull corner on a table will snag and rip the suit. Was the protocol supervisor at risk? Sure. Was he exposed? Unlikely, since the patient was suited up. Fact is, he was at risk, and it just gave the sensational media another "talking point". If he had suited up, nobody would've batted an eye.

Calling Mr. Duncan a selfish asshole may have been harsh, but I still stand by my opinion that he had an obligation to make it known that he was infected and he failed to do so, therefore affecting other people who otherwise may have never had contact with him or the disease. He made his bed and had to lie in it, and no matter what happens, he will probably always be remembered as the one who brought it to the US. It is unfortunate, but it is reality.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #27
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
It should also be noted that Duncan didn't even know the girl had ebola... He just thought she was having a miscarriage. Potentially, he didn't really even lie/know about his exposure.
Sources, man...and this isn't directed at you, but I have a hard time trusting most news sources here in America. Most "news agencies" are hiring people to write opinion columns and then try to pass them off as journalists. Completely removes any integrity from the situation and just allows a media source to twist a story to their own desire.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #28
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sources, man...and this isn't directed at you, but I have a hard time trusting most news sources here in America. Most "news agencies" are hiring people to write opinion columns and then try to pass them off as journalists. Completely removes any integrity from the situation and just allows a media source to twist a story to their own desire.
Here you go, from a Dallas Morning News staff writer on the ground here covering the story from multiple angles: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...ver-lied.html/
Believe what you want.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #29
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

I know it's going to continue to make me look more callous, but honestly...going to Liberia, you KNOW you are putting yourself in immediate danger. I cannot understand the rationale of going somewhere that a viral infection is running rampant and expect to survive if I'm not prepared with proper gear and equipment to keep myself safe.

What doesn't sit right with me is how these two nurses became infected, yet his fiance did not? I side with the CDC that the nurses likely had a lapse in procedure which led to their infection, but how does his fiance, who I can only assume had SOME degree of intimacy with the man, does not contract the disease? I'm not trying to say there's some conspiracy, but something just seems to be missing here.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #30
simmode1
Post Whore!

He didn't GO to Liberia... He lived there & frequently visited the US on a visitor visa. Hence him having a fiancee here. He was probably already there before it broke out. But I can't be sure of that.

As for why didn't his family get sick: he wasn't as contagious when he was at home. The sicker you get, the more contagious. Also, his family members weren't giving him dialysis & blood transfusions or changing his bed pans when he was too weak to move.

I mean, I don't know everything about this case. But if you care to ask the right questions, answered aren't too hard to find.