Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:12 AM   #691
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone know of any meet ups in OR or PNW happening in summer? or where to find info?
Old 05-28-2023, 04:54 AM   #692
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm wondering if any is happening this year.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:17 PM   #693
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Come on, no one from the PNW is in here any more?
Old 06-21-2023, 10:27 PM   #694
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Few of us still around.

But not to the point that I am attending meets or anything lol
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:21 AM   #695
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear that. But now I'm wondering if we can actually gather/meet up sometime but not as a meet, but more like a civilized, older/mature crowd hang out....lol
Old 06-22-2023, 11:28 AM   #696
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm out here in Oregon, west of Portland. But it's hard to make it out to meets or gatherings. I'm 41 y/o, and between work, kids, house, socializing with friends, camping trips, it's hard to find time to go sit in a parking lot or meet up at a burger joint.

I put together a cruise a couple times about 10 years ago which was a lot of fun, but I don't even think the route is that good any more. Portland sucks.
That's something I'd be interested in, a drive to the beach, or Mt. St. Helens or Rainier or somewhere cool with some good roads, little traffic and pretty scenery.
But there's always something popping up on weekends, bbq's, birthdays, friends in town, UFC fights, which can make it hard to even schedule something.

Feel free to come up with some ideas, or locations to go and I'd be glad to try and join if I can fit it in with my schedule and if my shitbox is ready to make the trip. Cheers!
Old 06-22-2023, 03:49 PM   #697
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you man. My birth year has numbers AND letters in it so I get what you're saying. It's just that I see other groups like Audi, BMW etc having fun trips and people make time for it.

Example, an Audi Allroad group was going to Lake Tahoe and they organized everything down to the hotel stay. Even though our cars have a bad rep due to the nature of some of the people who own them, doesn't mean that we can't have an adult orientated and mindset trip (that sounded wrong but you know what I mean....lol).

For example, we drive to Leavenworth WA, stay over night and drive to our respective homes the next day. Portland 'chapter/group' plan a meetup and cruise and 'pick up' other groups on the way. That way on the final leg, the Portland group will be rolling together heading towards the destination.

I'm just thinking out loud because I just got mine out of storage and she made me feel guilty.....lol.

Lets see if more people chime in.
Old 06-22-2023, 04:33 PM   #698
Midori
Leaky Injector

Midori is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
I hear you man. My birth year has numbers AND letters in it so I get what you're saying. It's just that I see other groups like Audi, BMW etc having fun trips and people make time for it.

Example, an Audi Allroad group was going to Lake Tahoe and they organized everything down to the hotel stay. Even though our cars have a bad rep due to the nature of some of the people who own them, doesn't mean that we can't have an adult orientated and mindset trip (that sounded wrong but you know what I mean....lol).
Hello from Maple Valley, WA.

I like the idea of a meet like you stated above but the Audi and BMW group are a group that tends to have a bit more disposable income to spend compared to the Nissan S-Chassis owner. That and they tend to have someone who is regularly planning and organizing these kind of events/gatherings.

On top of that like Nick mentioned, a lot of us older people have families and other time commitments that take us away from the car scene. The younger people with S-Chassis are usually meeting up at drifting events.

I am not trying to discourage you by any means and would like to meet up but there are a lot of factors on why we don't have the meets you are wanting.
Midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:49 PM   #699
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I'm not discouraged in any way because I'm simply throwing ideas out there.

I hear you in terms of the disposable income, but as mentioned, this is an older, 'more mature' (as mature as owning a s chassis goes) which means that we do have the necessary income, but are we willing to spend it.

Also, what I propose is not necessarily a car meet, but more of a 'zilvia' meeting of people who actually still care or own an s chassis. It's not a
"Do you own a s-chassis?"
"No"
"Get OUT!!!!!"

LOL
Old 06-26-2023, 10:27 PM   #700
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Up until covid we were still doing dinner every Thursday night in the southern suburban pdx area --- what started as a Northwest Nissans thursday night meet in 2007 lasted all the way til lockdown.

It's pretty sporadic and last minute, now, and most everyone nissan related hasn't come in a long time. Now it's a group of my mostly my autocross and track day friends with the occasional OG s13 person who shows up.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:55 AM   #701
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I stopped going to meets after the Golden Gardens yearly meets disappeared and changed into NissanFest. That's about the time when the S-chassis demographics really changed into something that became more about the "scene" rather than car.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:09 PM   #702
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Up until covid we were still doing dinner every Thursday night in the southern suburban pdx area --- what started as a Northwest Nissans thursday night meet in 2007 lasted all the way til lockdown.

It's pretty sporadic and last minute, now, and most everyone nissan related hasn't come in a long time. Now it's a group of my mostly my autocross and track day friends with the occasional OG s13 person who shows up.
That's cool man. As time goes on and things change, that's going to be the norm, only close friends hanging out. Which is mostly how any thing starts, but I'm wondering if that can 'grow'.

You mentioned that it started as a Northwest Nissans thursday night meet, well this time it might be able to start as a Southern Sub PDX meet and go from there IF you all are ok with that.
Shoot, I might drive down one of these days that you all are hanging out, so let me know if you all are open to that idea.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #703
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I stopped going to meets after the Golden Gardens yearly meets disappeared and changed into NissanFest. That's about the time when the S-chassis demographics really changed into something that became more about the "scene" rather than car.
Yeh, this is the truth, it's about everything else but the cars or sometimes, the cars are 5% the attraction. That's why when I go to these 'meets', I take pictures and if the owners are cool, talk to them a bit. But then I leave because that's not the norm any more.

The Shop downtown had a 'show' this weekend and I couldn't stay for more than 15 minutes. The culture is completely different and I just couldn't hang....lol
Old 06-27-2023, 03:31 PM   #704
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
That's cool man. As time goes on and things change, that's going to be the norm, only close friends hanging out. Which is mostly how any thing starts, but I'm wondering if that can 'grow'.

You mentioned that it started as a Northwest Nissans thursday night meet, well this time it might be able to start as a Southern Sub PDX meet and go from there IF you all are ok with that.
Shoot, I might drive down one of these days that you all are hanging out, so let me know if you all are open to that idea.
Yeah it used to be an all-call and we'd get up to 15ish folks to show up.

Now there's like 6 that show up any given week.

Basically it hinges on if I have Thursday night free or not lol

And no one actually care about cars any more, though our buddy brought his new manual supra last time.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:08 PM   #705
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Yeah it used to be an all-call and we'd get up to 15ish folks to show up.

Now there's like 6 that show up any given week.

Basically it hinges on if I have Thursday night free or not lol

And no one actually care about cars any more, though our buddy brought his new manual supra last time.
I hear that man. IF people show up or don't really do things on their car, then it's all about just hanging out.
But IF we are constantly tinkering or have various cars, it adds to the conversation topics.

Let me know in Aug if you all are hanging out.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:06 AM   #706
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
You got me thinking and I'm going to hit up PDX C&C this Saturday. It's only about 10 miles from my house. Not sure if any 240's ever show up..

https://portlandcarsandcoffee.com/

Last edited by nick_d_240sx; 06-30-2023 at 11:33 PM..
nick_d_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 05:35 PM   #707
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
You got me thinking and I'm going to hit up PDX C&C this Saturday. It's only about 10 miles from my house. Not sure if any 240's ever show up..

https://portlandcarsandcoffee.com/
That looks cool man. I wouldn't be able to come down this saturday, BUT I'll shoot for next saturday. One way or another, I'm making my way down there.