Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:12 AM   #31
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@R3b the only thing i have to say is counter intuitive to sony's design is that, yeah the camera is incredibly small & of a different build then either dslr but once you slap a 16-35 or a 24-70. It defeats the purpouse because now it just looks like one big lens lol, the only upside is that, it is most deff lighter. & with the jpgs, just shoot raw lol but at the end of the day. Its whatever fits your budget/style. Do you have any friends that own the sony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2017, 05:48 AM   #32
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Also the A7’s batteries last for shit. Especially if your using the viewfinder lot. I use one for video interviews (love the focus peaking. Wish Canon would get on that) and it’ll go through a whole battery in one 25 min video.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #33
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
DSC_0634 by pacotaco345, on Flickr

DSC_0538 by pacotaco345, on Flickr

DSC_1704 by pacotaco345, on Flickr

DSC_1951 by pacotaco345, on Flickr

Here's some stuff I took while on my trip to Japan, pretty new to photography. This was all with a D7200 and a 35mm f1.8
Old 11-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #34
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah the battery life on the sony will be a bummer but like I said my mentality when shooting is like with film so I want be looking through view finder 24/7 and im sure there is a sleep mode so the sensor isnt running when nothing is clicked over X period. The camera size is kinda moot thinking about it but still body style reminds me of an SLR and im sure if I stick to prime manual lens or even if I get a native lens like the 28-70mm which is fairly tiny unlike 16-35 canon or one of sigma arts lens which I will never own at time soon. Im not too worried aboutit. I shot mainly jpg on my old canon but if I go sony I will def go more RAW.

When I do my flatbed scans for film they normally come out 6000x4000. I'll def shoot more raw and get my MAC side of my computer working again since I have dual boot windows/mac and OSX had all my adobe programs along with music production stuff.

Same goes for lens, will use my nikkor lens mostly and even with my old canon I hardly use automatic. Once you get into the flow its just bang there. Man the 1.2 is deadly i've missed A LOT of good shots on my F3 just because I was that hair off.

I have a buddy at work that shoots a A7rii I think, will ask him if I could see it for a bit hopefully and also testing out my buddies D3 at our local weekly meet. Just to feel for the nikon system and see what this 50mm 1.2 can do in low light on a DSLR.

I'll try post some pics a bit later so thread stays on topic lmao
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #35
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feeling like sharing.

Its all about telling a story or conveying an emotion or feeling for me.

This dude is a bad ass PHD trying to cure alzheimer's and parkinson. Probably THE most important person I've ever shot. He built that bike. He wears a black lab coat.

A one arm Trumpet player. What's your excuse for not doing what you love?

A beautiful Zumba instructor. Her eyes. So much flavor. Damn that 50 Art lens is sharp.

My nephew standing in while I dialed in light. Looking like a god damn model.

A barber. A rookie. Mad talent. Dope look.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #36
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sometimes reality looks fake

IMG_20171018_215625_333 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 01-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #37
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future

What i been using lately, i wanna pick up a leica but car parts [emoji854]

Old 02-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #38
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Sometimes I get decent stuff during the day

Adobe_20170920_212836 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 02-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #39
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
Sometimes I get decent stuff during the day

Adobe_20170920_212836 by zeedakay, on Flickr

Nice! I wanna shoot a racing event, any kind honestly. But theres none in NYC

Old 02-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #40
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just bought a MK4 and Battery grip last week. Loving it so far. The amazing autofocus is blowing me away.

Ordering a RRS trippod and head this week.

Landed the biggest job of my career so far. Shooting the week after next. Woot woot.

Update: just bit the bullet and ordered tripid. Worth the $2100 but man that’s a tough one to swallow. Buy once, cry once I guess.

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-08-2018 at 09:52 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #41
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Thats sick man^, if I had the budget I would of went mk4. Still like canon ergonomics than anything else.

Figured, i'd do an update on the Sony. Just going to post pictures I transferred off camera to phone. So cant really pixel hunt. Will dump a good deal of pictures in a bit but Pros/Cons. Cant look at raw or downscale in native windows since sony files are wack.

Pros
-Layout which others hate, coming from canon there is a lot more I can do, along with software addons like retouch, little apps etc. Little gimicks but from factory its great over using something like magic lantern for canon bodies. Not sure about nikon or Panasonic bodies.
-Focus peaking, makes shooting my manual lens a DREAM. Nails it all the time and I focus just about as quick as autolens only issue is moving subjects which i'll get a native lens later
-I.S and dynamic range. I'll show later but there is a lot of room to mess with pictures along with the I.S is sooooo good for lowlight. Could be pitch black and I can shoot at 800-1200 ISO with my 50mm 1.2 all day with good pictures at 1 second shutter speeds. No mirror slap is a dream.
-Size its a dream to hold and even though its not "built" I dont feel like im ever going to just drop it or toss it around. Makes shooting street so easy. No one looks at you, they think you're some random with a point and shoot. Exactly like shooting my film Nikon F3HP

Cons-
-Battery life but going out is more than enough for me to shoot a meet or the day. I struggle a bit for 2-3 hours one day at the beach but its so bright I need bright viewfinder. On a roadtrip lasted the whole day no problem taking pics outside the car.
-Lens, havent looked much into sony lens but I know they are pretty pricey...
-Button layout, at first it was really wack but changing the buttons for what I want its okay. Sometimes there are a few odd way of doing things which I wish they made easier but not a deal breaker.
-Colors/Picture..... This is probably my biggest grip. Maybe I need to mess more with the tons and post processing (my mac partition of my hackintosh is dead and that lightroom) but all my pictures are extremely warm and almost orange. I cant stand it. That and along with how you can setup autoshooting you dont even have to try to take a good picture. It does it so easily. So its kinda worrying but encouraging to shoot differently because lets face it, you can tell when someone shoots a sony. I just dont want to be another guy that falls into that. To put it into perspective.

There is this guy at our local meets who has a 6300. Shoots auto all, amazing pictures doesn't edit it, cant even shoot manual to save his life. 1k+ followers on insta, always getting shoots, camera plebs wow at his work when its fairly amateur etc. Cool and amazing dude but I feel like he shoots 90% camera and 10% himself. When I first asked him about sony cameras I asked if he can put it manual everything for me and couldnt figure it out and hes had the camera for months. Two seconds I figured it out and take a couple pictures and gave it back. I was shocked.

Overall, I love it. I think if I went Nikon d750 or 6d I would have been just as happy but shooting manual and the lowlight in this cannot be beat.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #42
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Kinda a big pixel dump but I started the thread so I feel its okay haha

First pictures I actually took were some B/W outside of a few test shots around my house. Went up to panama city for the hoildays in decemeber. Shot 90% in the drive there and back doing a lot of landscape. Recently was inspired by James Peterson for his dumb contrast B/W pictures. Was really happy with a lot of the pictures on B/W picture profile with bumped up contrast. Great out of camera pictures. These were last ones I had on my phone but I have about 100-200 pictures very similar.

Most of these are raw but downscaped to 2mb jpeg from sony app trasnfer and if edit was on my phone with snapseed

This is what I meant by orange/warm tones. Hate the colors, Im sure if I shot neutral and messed with the profile more it be more true to eye. I think these were all on vivd profile which is disgusting imo

This is more true to eye, my buddies daihatsu. Using it as a mobile studio, he shoots nikon and does studio work. Also has 2 Rx7 FC, a cosmo, GS300 and something else. I like these pictures to post for our local meets. I havent messed much with picture editing which is a whole different ball game. I just mainly shoot whatever catches my eye.

REALLY stoked about these. Took a few hundred pics that night but got a handful of good shots. Shooting at night with a 1.2 and manual focus is almost impossible for a moving subject. The last ones with tail light blur is my favorite. Looks exactly like Initial D animation.

This is what I mean lowlight. Shot this at 64k I think, 1.2 and was for 1 or 1.5 seconds HANDHELD at 2am. Looks really wonky but for just moonlight. You think this was just badly edit or even some expired film shot at mid day.

These are more my style of pictures. 86 is first guy to ever ask me out right to take some pictures. Cool guy, the kouki is my buddy who runs the meet. If youre even in south FL stop by on a thursday night! Amazing group of people, laid back. No burnout, noise, and attention sports.

Last it my POS, my car never looks this clean. Its normally in dirty from DD everyday and never getting a chance to wash it. Built KA-T e85 and AC. Wheels are eh, getting some Blitz Z2 soon and hopefully get it one color again.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #43
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Feeling like sharing.

Its all about telling a story or conveying an emotion or feeling for me.

This dude is a bad ass PHD trying to cure alzheimer's and parkinson. Probably THE most important person I've ever shot. He built that bike. He wears a black lab coat.

A one arm Trumpet player. What's your excuse for not doing what you love?

A beautiful Zumba instructor. Her eyes. So much flavor. Damn that 50 Art lens is sharp.

My nephew standing in while I dialed in light. Looking like a god damn model.

A barber. A rookie. Mad talent. Dope look.

BEST pics I've ever seen hands down.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #44
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

This is what I meant by orange/warm tones. Hate the colors, Im sure if I shot neutral and messed with the profile more it be more true to eye. I think these were all on vivd profile which is disgusting imo

This is more true to eye, my buddies daihatsu. Using it as a mobile studio, he shoots nikon and does studio work. Also has 2 Rx7 FC, a cosmo, GS300 and something else. I like these pictures to post for our local meets. I havent messed much with picture editing which is a whole different ball game. I just mainly shoot whatever catches my eye.

Even with the white balance to tungsten, its still warm? And regardless of warm/cool tones. Some companies just have some color cast to them. Canon is orange/red. Nikon is yellow/green but im not sure what sony is. Maybe its orange red as well & wow that 64k iso shot doesnt even show that much noise, i have a d750 but i never push it that hard.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #45
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 240.. No id View Post
BEST pics I've ever seen hands down.
Thanks man.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I missed it, what Aony can are you shouting? An A7? I just used one again for a video interview and I have to say I can’t stand the menus. So convoluted and not intuitive at all. There’s too much digging that has to be done to get to simple things.

Also just some feedback on all these car pics. One of my favorite quotes I ever heard regarding photography is “nothing looks interesting at 5’ 9”.” Meaning stop shooting at whatever height you. Get lower or higher.

The other tip I’d say is (and this is easy with cars) is use some foregrounding or shoot through stuff. For one it adds depth to the image but it can help frame a subject, among other things.

Here’s an example:

[IMG][/IMG]

Just two kids studying but I found an orange acrylic chair to shoot through to add some interest to an otherwise pretty boring activity.

[IMG][/IMG]

In that one I used the bench he’s sitting on to frame the subject and add depth.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #47
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I missed it, what Aony can are you shouting? An A7? I just used one again for a video interview and I have to say I can’t stand the menus. So convoluted and not intuitive at all. There’s too much digging that has to be done to get to simple things.

Also just some feedback on all these car pics. One of my favorite quotes I ever heard regarding photography is “nothing looks interesting at 5’ 9”.” Meaning stop shooting at whatever height you. Get lower or higher.

The other tip I’d say is (and this is easy with cars) is use some foregrounding or shoot through stuff. For one it adds depth to the image but it can help frame a subject, among other things.

Here’s an example:

Just two kids studying but I found an orange acrylic chair to shoot through to add some interest to an otherwise pretty boring activity.

In that’s one I use the bench he’s sitting on to frame the subject and add depth.

Yeah i agree also with getting lower, it really adds a whole dynamic to the photo but in some photos it does work to take it from standing positions but try to be working with the different lines of the car to draw the viewer in

In that photo i was standing up but i placed the car at a slight angle and had the hood off because all attention would go to the shinyness of the bay & then everything else is subtle

Old 02-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #48
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Shot this MF a few weeks ago. $230 bottle of Lock Stock and Barrel 18 YO Rye Whiskey I bought. Cool thing about this shot is its only a single 600 RT speedlight.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #49
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Shot this MF a few weeks ago. $230 bottle of Lock Stock and Barrel 18 YO Rye Whiskey I bought. Cool thing about this shot is its only a single 600 RT speedlight.

[IMG]https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Food/i-7bgKkd3/0/74da76eb/L/IMG_2792-Edit-L.jpg[/IMG]

For some reason your photos arent loading up for me?

Old 02-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #50
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
For some reason your photos arent loading up for me?

All of them? I just fixed that one.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #51
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Interesting mix of images here, in a good and bad way.

Snagged this a few years ago at Zmax Dragway, 4 lane wide funny car shootout! Slow shutter speeds and a steady hand are a must for shots like this, and while I don't consider this print worthy, it was used on Speedhunters website.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #52
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Nice! I wanna shoot a racing event, any kind honestly. But theres none in NYC

If you come out to the Poconos (raceway) there's a bunch at low or no cost with media access. Send me a message if you're coming this way.

It's always a pleasant surprise when a vendor not only shares your coverage of their event, but use it in flyers and on their website. Slipstream Racing hosts the biggest 1/2 mile events in the Northeast. I smiled when I saw a few of my fav shots in different areas and the big one at the bottom of this page

http://www.slipstreamre.com/the-ulti...acing-shootout
Old 02-26-2018, 06:33 AM   #53
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Fuck, wrapped yesterday on a 72 hour shoot. 6 days straight, 12 hours a day. Brutul, but awesome. That RRS tripod was worth every penny.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #54
cjs.06

cjs.06 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been creeping this forum for awhile, figured I should finally make an account when I found this thread. Here are some of my shots from last summer

cjs.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #55
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

[QUOTE=cjs.06;6262597]I've been creeping this forum for awhile, figured I should finally make an account when I found this thread. Here are some of my shots from last summer

Ayeee! Welcome lol.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #56
crest

crest is an unknown quantity at this point
Great photos on here. Inspires me to take up photography again.
crest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #57
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crest View Post
Great photos on here. Inspires me to take up photography again.

post some shots

Old 03-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #58
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

On the second leg of a shoot for a major hotel chain. Fist Ac'ing my homie Nick Collura. Most complicated light set up we've ever done. Especially since we're doing it in Bethesda, Birmingham, Miami, Houston, and Manhattan.

Follow me on IG to see the light set ups and see the adventure.

https://www.instagram.com/mel_russell_photography/
Old 04-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #59
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

40489232971_f436255aa9_b by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 04-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #60
Stealthyfish
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Stealthyfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just stumbled on this like the rest of you guys

I did a bit of photography in college but traded it all in for race car things. Getting back into photography a little here and there now, though. I pretty much shoot exclusively automotive stuff and nothing else.

Some of the older stuff before I sold my Nikon gear (D700 // 14-24 F4VR // 24-70 F2.8G // 80-200 F2.8D):

Recently picked up a 1D MK4 // 28-70 F2.8L // 70-300 F4-5.6L getting back into things. I haven't had much opportunity to shoot with it but here's a few from that:

Stealthyfish is offline   Reply With Quote