Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #91
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'll be honest, I'm more of a regular dude that just enjoys photography as a hobby so I'm not invested/interested enough to shoot raw. I'm sure I would if I was more competitive but for me raw doesn't benefit me enough and the cons outweigh the pros. I shoot jpeg, edit mostly on mobile Lightroom/Photoshop (unless it's a paying client I'll use my laptop) and share right to Flickr degrading every step of the way until what you see here lol. I upload full res to IG and share at no more than 2k format. I'm sure if my gear had a consciousness it would not be impressed.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #92
cjs.06

Trader Rating: (0)
cjs.06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
^ good stuff there, looks like they were killing it!
Thanks man! The Pro-Am dudes always seem to kill it

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
How is everyone posting there pics to insta? All my raw out of camera pics have so much detail but once I go from in camera download to my iphone with sony software all detail is gone (duh) and even if I go my computer to downscale then put on my iphone same thing.
I typically take the edited photo from Lightroom and upload it to Dropbox then download to my phone. Keeps the photos the same size file Lightroom exports them as and they stay crispy on the phone and insta
cjs.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #93
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs.06 View Post
Our local track had the first drift practice of the season last week. Felt good to finally be able to shoot some drifting again!

Like these. Lens flare is always good. Little less on the vignette though. Or at least a vignette with such a dark outside.

Quote:
^ good stuff there, looks like they were killing it!

Tis the season
2018-04-22_12-12-52 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Yes, the closer the better. Fuck it, put your life at risk. Seriously. No one gives a shit about something with little effort. I have a shot from a RZR race on my homepage where you can see the dirt on the left side of the frame. That dirt is from one of the MF’s almost killing me. Great shot though and I didn’t die. So.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Wow while you guys enjoy drifting im over here driving on abandoned bike paths just to get somewhere haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the idea and thinking outside the typical car shot. Needs to be composed better IMO. I think there’s just too much bush/tree camera left.

I do my processing in LR, then upload them to my site which is built in Smugmug. I then download them from Smugmug to my phone in the size I want (full) and then post in IG.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #94
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Need to get my PC working that has lightroom so I can full edit and not use snapspeed on my phone. Finished this roll of ektar 100 and its butter. Basically 0 grain and probably with proper flatbed scanner and post sharping it be as clean as my DSLR.

This isnt bad straight out of the scanner with crappy jpeg compression. Probably amazing to edit the full negative in lightroom as a tiff.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #95
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Need to get my PC working that has lightroom so I can full edit and not use snapspeed on my phone. Finished this roll of ektar 100 and its butter. Basically 0 grain and probably with proper flatbed scanner and post sharping it be as clean as my DSLR.

Since we’re on the subject of film, this was taken on Kodak GC 400 with my F3 scanned through an epson V700 and processed through photoshop

Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #96
cjs.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Like these. Lens flare is always good. Little less on the vignette though. Or at least a vignette with such a dark outside.
Thanks! I do agree on the vignette, when I was originally editing them, I didn’t think it was that exaggerated, but the more I look at them, I definitely went a little overboard on it. Haha
Old 05-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #97
cjs.06

Finished my Genesis this weekend and finally got to take some photos of it. This is probably my favour photo I’ve ever taken!

Old 05-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #98
Stealthyfish
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Stealthyfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs.06 View Post
Finished my Genesis this weekend and finally got to take some photos of it. This is probably my favour photo I’ve ever taken!

I like this shot too
Stealthyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #99
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
One of my fav shots ive taken recently of my car. Edited in Ps and Lr. Single exposure with a cpl.

there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #100
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
^car looks amazing. Is that a lense flare on the upper right?

2018-05-13_10-53-20 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 05-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #101
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Thanks and yea. Made in photoshop.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #102
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Went to my first drift even and did my first action shots yesterday. Was a bit of a learning curve shooting manual focus.... I also got two rolls of film to develop which I shot after getting the hang of it on my DSLR. On my phone when I edit these they look pretty good but now posting on imgur and seeing the proper colors on my monitor everything looks washed out .

Old 05-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #103
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Quote:
This is a really cool one!

I had rushed to get this one before the track closed down for the night with my buddies from Smilefactory.co

2018-05-19_10-41-48 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 07-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Planning a couple personal shoots, one of my Volvo. Did a little scout the other day and had my nephew stand in at one possible location.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #105
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Picked up a 85mm, 1.8 lens, LOOOOVE this glass!

Some of my wife from our recent trip to Mexico.

Snapped these at Virginia International Raceway during a Formula 2000 race, I've been wanting to work on panning and
catching cars between trees for a while, these turned out decent for my first try. I'm pretty sure I used my 70-300mm lens for these.

onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #106
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I like the idea of th first shots. I would have went vertical though and made her larger in ththe frame while still getting a lot of trees and blue sky.

I’ve had the sigma 85 1.4 for almost 10 years. Great glass. I’ve been tempted to upgrade to the Art 85 but got damn that front element is huge. Need filters specifically for that lens which kinda sucks. I’ve shot with it though and it’s super contrasty and sharp.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #107
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Picked up a 5d Classic off of reddit for $300 a few months ago. LOVE IT.

Besides lack of video I feel like this is a giant upgrade from my t2i.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #108
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Upper level bodies always feel better. Over the last decade I've started with a Nikon D40, couple years into it got a D90 and just last year stepped up to the full frame D3.

2018-07-02_11-20-06 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 07-23-2018, 01:17 AM   #109
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
this thread is sick. anywho, i learned while shooting sports with my dad in elementary/middle school, i stopped in high school and recently decided to pick it up again. i currently only shoot film. using a pentax k100 35mm, with a few different lenses.

all shot on kodak gold, 200iso
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #110
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Ya more film! Had another event the other day, had like 15mins of daylight left to shoot a 400 speed, came out good but rest of the night I shot my sony and had a terrible time shooting.

Anyone know a fix for mirrorless cameras and EVF where when shooting slow shutter speeds the screen doesnt go completly black? When I do a pan shot less than 1/50s I miss judge it and always comes out blury.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #111
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Quote:

Gah clean your negs <3 haha

Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #112
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

If its something serious i'll clean it but for a 3 dollar roll of cheapy film I just leave it, I dont care for grain or dust unless im shooting like something like Portra or fine like 100 speed.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #113
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
If its something serious i'll clean it but for a 3 dollar roll of cheapy film I just leave it, I dont care for grain or dust unless im shooting like something like Portra or fine like 100 speed.

I feel you, im just anal. Before i do my scans i make sure my negs are dusted off & then in photoshop ill edit out the rest!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #114
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Just wanted to share some of my photos from 7’s day for those of you who couldn’t join!

Old 07-24-2018, 01:39 AM   #115
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I fucking love when there’s a ton of noise and grain and shit on film photos. That filmy boi is so aesthetically pleasing solely based off the shit show it is. I love 80s / 90s magazine/advertisement photos with an assload of noise and grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #116
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

I had an elaborate post made about content that get shared and this guy gets it lol. Subjects may vary but effort always comes through.

Thanks for the 7's day pics, I've always wanted to go!

2018-06-29_10-05-59 by zeedakay, on Flickr
Old 07-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #117
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Quote:

Just wanted to share some of my photos from 7’s day for those of you who couldn’t join!
I can't imagine the vibe trying to get these pics walking through traffic in Time Square. I've done it through staging lanes on a racetrack but this is a whole other level.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #118
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I can't imagine the vibe trying to get these pics walking through traffic in Time Square. I've done it through staging lanes on a racetrack but this is a whole other level.

Oh man, it was insane. At one point the cops completely shut down broadway avenue & everyone en route to the main of times square litterally popped a u turn on the main avenue & all the gtr’s and people stopped all the traffic & everyone drove back down the one way & my boy was driving my car so i litterally was chasing him down through traffic lol i have a video

Old 07-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #119
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
I fucking love when there’s a ton of noise and grain and shit on film photos. That filmy boi is so aesthetically pleasing solely based off the shit show it is. I love 80s / 90s magazine/advertisement photos with an assload of noise and grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
you and me both. thats one of the main reasons i wanted to use film only.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #120
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh man, it was insane. At one point the cops completely shut down broadway avenue & everyone en route to the main of times square litterally popped a u turn on the main avenue & all the gtr’s and people stopped all the traffic & everyone drove back down the one way & my boy was driving my car so i litterally was chasing him down through traffic lol i have a video

Amazing. I don't mean to impose but if I surprise my wife with a trip to NYC that time next year I may reach out if you're around