Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 PM   #31
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn moving my pictures to Imgur and updated this thread took longer then I had expected. Thankfully the thread isn't huge as I have just started it.

Anyways, on to expensive carbon bits... So S1 JZX100's have an issue with the dash splitting near the top vents (Peep the older picture below)

It's was visible from both outside, and inside the cabin and was driving me crazy. Uras has a place visor that you can purchase, but it's just a cover up on the windshield.

Team Julius has an actual carbon cover that you can place on top and price be damned (ugh it was rather silly) I was going to purchase it. Fast forward a few weeks, and it arrived in the mail.

The instructions stated that you should take the dash out for the best results. I wasn't THAT fussed to do so. I cut out the raised section with a fresh razor, and installed it with heavy duty (apparently) double sided velcro tape...

Much better...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #32
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Goodvibes yassss

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #33
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonst3r View Post
Goodvibes yassss

Old 07-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #34
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tricky's JZX100 build (AKA Tricky bought a land yacht!)

Can't wait for more of this! These are my favorite of all time!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 AM   #35
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

There's always a danger in casually glancing at YAJ and Up Garage. I've been good for a while, but I've slipped...

More fun stuff on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Can't wait for more of this! These are my favorite of all time!
Same here! It's been an interesting switch so far

Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #36
Will.
Leaky Injector

Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Whens the ganadors going on?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Sourcing control arms has been fun so far... the exchange rates? Not so much... Even with being hooked up by DMAX it's rather pricey. I'm speaking to a few UK/Aussie owners who have purchased other arms, and to follow up on what they think of them versus whats out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Whens the ganadors going on?
They've been installed... It was pretty much the first thing I did to this car

Old 07-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #38
Will.
Leaky Injector

looks great,

most aussies are using kazama or ikeya formula gear in there jzx

try join the facebook page "Jzx Sales - Australia" - heaps of parts on there but only problem is if the sellers are willing to ship to you
Old 08-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #39
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
looks great,

most aussies are using kazama or ikeya formula gear in there jzx

try join the facebook page "Jzx Sales - Australia" - heaps of parts on there but only problem is if the sellers are willing to ship to you
Thanks for the heads up. I've joined a bunch of JZX groups (both sales and discussions), and I've actually bought a few small items from Aussie land. Sourcing parts hasn't been quite the headache (yet) for me thankfully.

As for the arms, Ikeya would be best, but it's a small fortune. When I was in Japan, I could have bought it from their vendor, but it was wayyyy too pricey for me. Kazama Auto were good to me while I was there, but they didn't have stock on hand. I'm currently in contact with a different company that has come recommend to me. Interested to see if it all pans out.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:00 PM   #40
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Special delivery from my man Streeter!

Nice small package... Seriously, I need to stay clear of Up Garage.

So there was a Apexi Power FC with boost controller kit sitting on Up Garage for a few weeks. No one jumped on it because it didn't list if it was a D or L Jetro. From the pictures it looked like it was in fact a D-Jetro setup so I took the chance and bought it...

It was in fact a D-Jetro and came with most of the components needed. I just have to order the N3A1-18-845 (Mazda Intake Air Temp Sensor) and 415-XA03 (Temperature Harness). I ended up saving quite a bit, so I have some added money for a few other things...

I also managed to snag a complete Blitz intercooler setup on the cheap on YAJ as well. The auction was ending in a day and no one had bid on it. I won, and after fees and shipping, I still managed to save $400.

Slow boat shipping since it was a rather big package being sent overseas.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #41
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ RHDJAPAN sells the temp sensors for cheappp where i bought mine from!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #42
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
nice pick ups!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #43
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
^ RHDJAPAN sells the temp sensors for cheappp where i bought mine from!
Thanks for the heads up my man! I'll be sure to order it up from them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
nice pick ups!

Old 09-27-2017, 06:42 AM   #44
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any updates?
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #45
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Any updates?
Yeah, actually I do... So the intercooler arrived in one piece, and thanks again Streeter!

Cruising around YAJ and Up Garage (as per usual) I managed to snag a set of Largus coilovers on the cheap. They were listed as unknown but I had confirmed it with added pictures that I had requested.

With the money saved I can purchase a full set of front and rear suspension arms. I've got some bigger updates coming up for you all

Other then that, I'm enjoying driving the thing around...

Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #46
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Lowkey, what part of ON you from? Im in MI and always looking for a worthwhile mission.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #47
Will.
Leaky Injector

thoses avs's tho
Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #48
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it man, got the same wheels on my S13 lol. Excited for more updates!~
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #49
AreOhWhy

AreOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Updatezzzzzzz?
AreOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #50
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Lowkey, what part of ON you from? Im in MI and always looking for a worthwhile mission.
I'm in the greater Toronto Area... You should run the mission when there's another D1SP event. Lots of the cool local cars make it out. It's a great vibe, people hanging out, having fun!

Quote:
thoses avs's tho
This man gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Love it man, got the same wheels on my S13 lol. Excited for more updates!~
Same with this guy right here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreOhWhy View Post
Updatezzzzzzz?
So then I take it that you're stopping by to help me?

Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #51
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright so more crap has shown up, and I can finally get this thing somewhat sorted suspension wise. So my rear coilovers were blown... I ended up buying a set from Up Garage through Streeter. I though I'd save some money by going SAL... Never again... Damn they took exactly 9 weeks. Usually it's shorter for me, but of course those items I wasn't in dire need of.

I also decided to upgrade the suspension arms and front upper control arms from KFD. I was going to order a set from DMAX but the exchange rates were terrible. I was in contact with some Russians (platform is super popular over there) and this was recommended to me...

I can't complain with the quality at all...

So now I won't be bouncing about, and can dial in an alignment.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #52
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm not going to lie I wanted to see you build the S15 , but im still in for the JZX build. Good luck with the land yacht i'm sure you will enjoy the sedan more than a coupe in the long run.
Teddy Bruckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:50 PM   #53
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I'm in the greater Toronto Area... You should run the mission when there's another D1SP event. Lots of the cool local cars make it out. It's a great vibe, people hanging out, having fun!
I'm down, what are the deets on that?
Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #54
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
I'm not going to lie I wanted to see you build the S15 , but im still in for the JZX build. Good luck with the land yacht i'm sure you will enjoy the sedan more than a coupe in the long run.
Cheers my man! Honestly I was getting kinda wild with it, and when the numbers came back from the engine builder... We were looking at GTR numbers, without the GTR. I've owned a few S chassis over the years, and I decided it was time to switch it up.

Hopefully it will be cool... My fingers are crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I'm down, what are the deets on that?
Here's a video from the last event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm7Ow0oW488

The right people are behind the scenes, and it's exactly what we needed locally. There were drivers from NY who made the trip up, and they enjoyed themselves. Hopefully more drivers will end up checking it out from out of province...

Oh and before I forget, here's the Facebook link:

D1 Skid Pad Facebook

Old 11-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #55
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Thanks man I'll make sure to make it there next season.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #56
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

So I've had a lot of "idle" time while I wait for more things to arrive, and was going back and forth with running a kit. Part of me wanted to run OEM, and a vented hood. Another part of me wanted to kit the car... And man, some local shops were making it hard for me to even THINK about purchasing a kit. Lots of "yeah we can get that" and no replies after that. Some places didn't even reply in the first place.

Then I could have a vendor in the US get me something, but again... The exchange rates right now are in the crapper with the Canadian dollar, and I'd still have to cross the boarder to pick it up.

I was going to just sucking it up and getting Streeter to ship me something cool. I had a few kits on the short list... BN (duh), Traum, Origin Lab, and Car Modify Wonder. I actually liked what I had seen from Car Modify Wonder on my trip to Japan last year. I'm just too damn in decisive a lot of the time so I never pulled the trigger.

After being let down with a local distributor, my good friend got me in touch with the person who distributes Origin Labo for all of Canada. After a few phone calls, I decided to order up the "Stylish line" kit. And the best part? It was in stock, and I had it in hand the following week! You can't beat that!

So then, I was off to pick up the kit from the local (stupid large and busy) shipping terminal. After running around like a headless chicken getting paper work, passes, and directions, I'm on my way back home!

I had to play a bit of tetris tying to get the pieces to fit in the Lexus SUV. What you don't see in the above picture is the reclined seat, with the aero sticking out the rolled window. It made for a interesting ride home at stop lights.

Man it was a tight fit... Anyways, made it home in once piece, and I'm happy with the purchase.

Next up... rim selection among other things...

Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #57
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Very stoked to you see you build another car. I found my way back here after hiatus and look forward to your gif responses lol
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #58
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
this build is getting very good very fast
Old 12-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #59
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
Very stoked to you see you build another car. I found my way back here after hiatus and look forward to your gif responses lol

Welcome back my man! Thanks, I'm starting to get a bit excited about this thing myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg51 View Post
this build is getting very good very fast
Thank you my man! I've got a few things on order, and a few major items on the way!

Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #60
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is like my favorite Chaser. Actually been talking to an importer in Canada about importing an S15 and holding it for me in Canada until 2024 when I can bring it over this way. I want to try and get in one early before prices jack up around that time.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote