Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #121
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Metal flow BB turbo = ball bearing turbo with steel internals?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #122
austinth0rnt0n

Trader Rating: (0)
austinth0rnt0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any update in 2020? Looking forward to see how the new turbo is working out!
austinth0rnt0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #123
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Metal flow BB turbo = ball bearing turbo with steel internals?
Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinth0rnt0n View Post
Any update in 2020? Looking forward to see how the new turbo is working out!
I will be updating this thread once I sort through the pictures and load them. 2020 for most didn't start the way we would have liked... but we are going to make the best of it!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #124
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Alright... I've got some time so here we GO! Lets go back to early last year... So I had a pile of anxiety that was starting to spill over in the basement. I wanted to drive this thing down to Final Bout, but I didn't have the time to wrench it myself.

My good friend has a shop (TDT Racing), and I trust him since I've seen his work over time with other builds. I loaded it up in the trunk, and dropped it off at his shop. I was doing the J-pipe delete... Waterpump... New hotside setup with the HPI manifold, turbo, and downpipe. Fluids refresh, and timing... wanted to get rid of the clunking of the rear diff, so I ordered some bushings from S9. Defi Gauges, and some other odds and sods that I'm probably forgetting about.

Anyways we are here for pictures right?

And then the process... Yeah the bay was dirty... but I'm on my way of making it look a heck of a lot better... Promise!

My man took the time to refresh some bits... I didn't even ask him to, but he went above and beyond.

Going along with the refresh, I decided to get the camcovers powercoated. My little one picked the colour

Moved on to the rear... The original rear diff bits I had ordered were for a different car... Awesome So I hit up S9 for their bushings, and I'm glad I did!

...and installed...

And I have a question for some of you... have you really imported a car if there's not a birds nest of wires, hiding under your dash?!?

I'm just happy that its sorted...

My Defi gauges are in! I decided on 52MM as I didn't want them to be super visible from outside of the car. It's close enough that I can rear them accurately.

Fast forward a some time, and she was ready for the voyage to Final Bout!

I was beyond hyped on the drive home...

So there's a rather large update HAHA... Next post will be of me cleaning things, tweaking a few things, and FB!

Cheers!

Old 06-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #125
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Tricky da Gawd back at it!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:14 PM   #126
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Tricky. What a time to drop an update =)
Old 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #127
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Tricky da Gawd back at it!
HAHAHA Man... It's been a minute I know I'm going to try to update this more ofter. My Instagram is wayyyy more up to date...

@rhd_matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Tricky. What a time to drop an update =)

Old 06-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #128
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright... So I cleaned up the engine bay...

Took some time...but it looks a heck of a lot better then before! (At least I think so)

Threw the Night Pager cover that I bought my last trip to Japan on... I also have a Greddy oil cap (new) but I haven't come to grips running it seeing that they are now selling for $500

Final Bout was a great time, and the car made the 11 hour drive like a champ!

The Hotel was the SPOT! We just needed a 90

I rate your portions America

And the ride home was cool...

Overall it was a great trip. I got to catch up with friends and watch some amazing driving. Hopefully I can make it out if there's one this year.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #129
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright, lets pick this back up...

So I had enjoyed driving this thing for the rest of the summer and into fall...

Ended up daily driving it to be honest. The little one loved it for sure... It made the drive to school a bit more fun for the both of us! Threw my STI in the garage till about mid October.

Next on my list was to FINALLY get the kit sorted (more on this in a later post). Looking to style up a little, I had placed an order for new tails and corners from Streeter.

I went with clear tails, and smoked corners...

I also started looking into some added engine upgrades since I was planning to get a pro tune with the Power FC install. I need to figure out fuel (pump and injectors), and I'm looking into camshafts. Nothing crazy, at most 264/264. I also need to purchase a wideband, and a few other small bits. I'm not looking to get too crazy into the engine, as that can be a dangerously expensive rabbit hole.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #130
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Soooo I guess it's update time. I wanted to upload more images but imgur isn't playing nice with me. That's unfortunate, and I guess it's time to find another host.

Anyways we had a rather mild fall leading into a late snow fall so I was really just out and about.

I also placed an order for some more fiberglass because... why not? I liked how the DMAX stuff looked while I was at their booth at TAS a while back so I placed my order through Streeter!

You know it's going to be a good time when there's red marker lettering on the box...

I feel like they need to get some more toner for the printer...

And the goods...

The quality was pretty good. It's thin in some spots, but the fitment is spot on and there wasn't any pitting or deep grooves. DMAX has been hit or miss for a bit, but I'm happy with what I received.

Old 03-29-2022, 10:07 PM   #131
AreOhWhy

Trader Rating: (0)
AreOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Imma need to see an update while this is still up!!
AreOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote