Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-26-2022, 05:41 AM   #31
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
excellent thread!

where did you find these new??? part number?
I found them on Ebay from Japan-motors. The part number is 80570-41L00
Old 10-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #32
Danb
Zilvia Member

I've been steadily working on this thing. There has been a lot of problems that I have worked through to get this update but I am sure there are many more to come.

I began assembling the suspension now that the car is off the rotisserie. I added a gusset kit to the S14 rear subframe and also gusseted the RLCA's then sent them off to be powder coated.I also painted the diff and installed an S14 rear cover on it along with the diff stubs that villains converted to Z33 flanges

I installed Voodoo conversion bushings on the subframe and at it's highest position, it was touching some points of the car in a few places so I had to clearance those areas.This caused me to have to damage the new underbody coating so I patched those areas with some 2k raptor liner in the aerosol can, after that I got the subframe and diff installed.

At this point, I am moving into a new phase of the build. I have had most of these suspension parts for one to two years while I waited to finish the chassis work. I laid everything out that is getting installed now and got to work. I made a last minute change on coilovers, I found a new set of Silvers two-ways on a part out for $1200 so I scooped them up as I think this will add some benefits for me. They are a high level spec build by Silvers by being a long travel setup which are built around using drop knuckles along with bigger shafts and custom valving/spring rates.My only concern is will they go low enough for my build so I will be hanging onto my fortunes as a back up option if the Silvers can't get low enough and if I do not want to reconfigure them spring wise to get a little lower.

I got the wheel faces back from powder coating. This turned out to be a huge ordeal, the 1st place I took them to made a lot of mistakes and ruined my center caps. This took 2 months to sort that ended in me getting a full refund and having to order new centers from the UK. I found a new place and they turned them out in a week and did a really good job. I would of had a complete update on the wheels all back together but I struck bad luck again while ordering new wheel bolts. VRwheels was out of stock on gold bolts and three piece was like $80 higher so I did a search and found "www.Calwheels.com" and purchased them but turns out that was a scam site that was copying VRwheels inventory and address so I had to work on getting my money back there. VR is restocking this month and I am about to travel to California so hoping to drop by and pick them up in store.

I moved to the front now that the rear was assembled, did the GkTech power brace kit and had that powder coated. I was held up for just over 2 months waiting on THL to ship my front subframe, they went on a bender and I had to file a PayPal dispute because they were MIA for 3 months. I ordered a destroy or die front subframe and got it in less than a week which really helped out. THL came out from hiding and shipped the subframe that I ordered in April at the last day of the PayPal dispute so now I have two subframes which I will sell one or the other after I determine which one is the best for my setup.

Front end is assembled, I then installed the power steering setup. Everything is mostly just roughly installed with adjusting everything out still needs to be done.

Next piece of the pie is to get the brakes rebuilt and refinished, they are took apart now and heading to be sand blasted and then I will paint and assemble them. I live like 20 minutes from Z1 and they stock most all of the rebuild parts so I'll cruise by there once I get back from California

Old 10-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #33
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
As per usual, excellent update. Keep up the good work.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:57 AM   #34
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
dude this is turning out awesome!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:33 PM   #35
Danb
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
As per usual, excellent update. Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
dude this is turning out awesome!!!
Fo show guys
Old 10-09-2022, 10:17 PM   #36
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Jesus i love it
Old 11-19-2022, 06:50 PM   #37
Danb
Zilvia Member

I did a lot of searching on products to use to paint the calipers, I wanted to use something that would be good long term. I ended up finding this company called One Hit Wonder, they make hydrographic paints but have tested their base and 2k clear up to 400 degrees so I ordered their Brite Red base with their 2k clear.

I made this rack to paint the calipers out of PVC pipe and got to work

I let the calipers cure a few days and sanded the paint off the letters and prepared to start assembling. I bought all new zinc bolts and hardware. They look awesome.

Now I turned to the wheels, got the gold assembly bolts in and put them back together after powder coating. I realized I didn't take a pic after I put the new tires on. The rears in this pic have 235's instead of the 255's that I mounted after I took this pic.

Now I am finally at the finish line of getting the car off the blocks. It's came such a long way from being a near dead 240 to what it's progressing to be now.

I'll be getting it prepped for paint now, there is quite a bit of work to before it's ready so will probably be a while before that happens.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #38
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Nice work. Looks like a very proper build coming together. If you sell the THL subframe, hit me up.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 02:42 PM   #39
Danb
Zilvia Member

Been a while since I've posted an update on this.

It's been a really busy year for me combined with lacking motivation to do all the fit and finish of the body. It turns out that I really hate fitting fiberglass kits so been struggling to push through it and get it all done. I haven't documented any of the work for this update, just gonna get it done and painted and then start the stuff I'm looking forward to.

It's looking pretty cool and the vision I have for it is starting to really come together.

Old 09-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #40
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Those bumpers are soooo good. I adore the style where they sort of angle in toward the bottom. Makes the car look short and tiny and nimble and it's a big win lmao

You gotta drive it doorless at least once like a Jeeper! haha. Sick setup. Cheers from Florida
Old 09-17-2023, 09:41 AM   #41
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Still looking good man. I can totally relate to the motivation thing. Cars are so much easier to work on after they run and drive and you can experience them. Did you ever figure out which subframe you want to use?

Old 09-19-2023, 12:52 PM   #42
Danb
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Those bumpers are soooo good. I adore the style where they sort of angle in toward the bottom. Makes the car look short and tiny and nimble and it's a big win lmao

You gotta drive it doorless at least once like a Jeeper! haha. Sick setup. Cheers from Florida
lol thanks man, yea it's an odd kit IMO that needs some approach to make it look right. Big beefy 18's make it look like weird or certain paint colors that heavily highlight the inward angles of the bumpers. I have some things in mind to make it look really cool. Thanks for kind words!
Old 09-19-2023, 12:54 PM   #43
Danb
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Still looking good man. I can totally relate to the motivation thing. Cars are so much easier to work on after they run and drive and you can experience them. Did you ever figure out which subframe you want to use?
Roger that! I haven't made a decision on the subframe yet, i should know over the winter or spring time when i finally get the motor in. Stay in touch on it and if i decide to not use it then you can have dibs if your still interested then.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:13 PM   #44
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb View Post
Roger that! I haven't made a decision on the subframe yet, i should know over the winter or spring time when i finally get the motor in. Stay in touch on it and if i decide to not use it then you can have dibs if your still interested then.
Word man thanks! Also I didn't even know gktech made those rlca reinforcements and now I'm mad I didn't order them on my order last week lol.

If you haven’t already experienced FEAL coilovers, you’re going to love them. Good ride plus good performance on track. Such a win.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 09-26-2023 at 04:59 AM..
Old 09-22-2023, 01:56 PM   #45
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Goodness gracious I just reviewed the first page again. Completely blown away with the amount of fab work done here. You're a role model, bro! rofl

Plus that dirtbike and those ATVs are wicked! I have a CR125 still after selling my CRF450R last year. I still miss my Banshee. The Raptor 700 is on my short list. Riding the trails here in Florida are fun. I use my dual sport DR-Z400S a lot now especially because certain forest areas prohibit off-highway vehicles so that bike is my cheat code
Old 09-25-2023, 11:39 AM   #46
Danb
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Goodness gracious I just reviewed the first page again. Completely blown away with the amount of fab work done here. You're a role model, bro! rofl

Plus that dirtbike and those ATVs are wicked! I have a CR125 still after selling my CRF450R last year. I still miss my Banshee. The Raptor 700 is on my short list. Riding the trails here in Florida are fun. I use my dual sport DR-Z400S a lot now especially because certain forest areas prohibit off-highway vehicles so that bike is my cheat code
Well in the beginning, to be honest i didn't know a lot about what i was doing with the fab stuff. I could make metal pieces but the welding wasn't very good and later once it kind of clicked with me, i went back and ground down a lot of it and redid it lol. The floor pan piece was totally reworked on both sides just to make sure it was safe LOL.

Nice man, i had a banshee years ago and wish i would had held on to it. They are so expensive now days. The DRZ sounds fun, i wouldn't mind having a dual sport or adventure style bike, i could see myself enjoying that. I built an enduro bike this past winter, been tackling some of the GA mountain terrain this year gearing up to run some enduro or cross county races soon.