Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #31
Tariqka-t

Trader Rating: (0)
Tariqka-t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Started a youtube channel. Lots of Schassis content including my own 700whp S14. Check out the channel, new vids every Tuesday @ 12:00pm PST.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpx..._as=subscriber
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #32
dan_the_drifter

dan_the_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyDub23 View Post
Hey man, I liked your videos and I just subscribed. The only thing that you can add to this is a cam mounted on the car. It's a bit shaky if you continue using a helmet cam.
Sorry for super delayed reply! Don't come on here that often.... Thanks for subscribing, ye I think I will be trying to fit a decent cage mount for this season (whenever it starts) and also upgrading from the cheap copy Gopro to a genuine Gopro session.

Dan
dan_the_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #33
c0ryhaze

c0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choicesc0ryhaze has made poor choices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFh4EK0vek

Hey guys,

I recently just got back into vlogging since the COVID-19 pandemic and I would love to have your support!! Please give constructive criticism!! I would also love to hear your feedback and would truly appreciate the support!! Please subscribe for more content!!

and also... catch you on grid!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TripzeyHD/
c0ryhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #34
dan_the_drifter

Also took the time to make a video now I have some free time, the UK is pretty near lock down at the minute. Stay home and stay safe everyone! So this is the first part of replacing my front hubs/bearings on the s14a or kouki as most of you know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWa1P30atzs

Last edited by dan_the_drifter; 04-03-2020 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: Corrected link
Old 04-03-2020, 03:28 AM   #35
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_the_drifter View Post
Also took the time to make a video now I have some free time, the UK is pretty near lock down at the minute. Stay home and stay safe everyone! So this is the first part of replacing my front hubs/bearings on the s14a or kouki as most of you know it.

https://youtu.be/PWa1P30atzs&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://youtu.be/PWa1P30atzs&fs=1" />https://youtu.be/PWa1P30atzs">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/PWa1P30atzs
Dan. You gotta do [] YTHD (put into the bracket) PWa1P30atzs [/YTHD] to embed.

I also did a video. I'm going to check yours out meow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvKL-ZcXvA
Old 04-03-2020, 04:45 AM   #36
dan_the_drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Dan. You gotta do [] YTHD (put into the bracket) PWa1P30atzs [/YTHD] to embed.

I also did a video. I'm going to check yours out meow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvKL-ZcXvA
Thanks just sorted the link out, think I posted it up about midnight originally lol.

Just subscribed to your channel that video was really well edited, I hate talking on video's but it definitely makes the video more interesting to watch.

I would have gone for a gktech twin caliper on my s chassis if the import duty to the UK wasn't crazy at the time..... Ended up with a homebrew set up but it works pretty well so not too bothered.

Look forward to the next video.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #37
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_the_drifter View Post
Thanks just sorted the link out, think I posted it up about midnight originally lol.

Just subscribed to your channel that video was really well edited, I hate talking on video's but it definitely makes the video more interesting to watch.

I would have gone for a gktech twin caliper on my s chassis if the import duty to the UK wasn't crazy at the time..... Ended up with a homebrew set up but it works pretty well so not too bothered.

Look forward to the next video.
Yeah man, definitely have to get over that I guess. I don?t love the talking either cause I?m usually just BSing... it helps for everything I suppose. I?d definitely recommend outlining what you want to say so you?re not just rambling about crap like 99% of these videos! I?ll subscribe too man! I appreciate it.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #38
dan_the_drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Yeah man, definitely have to get over that I guess. I don?t love the talking either cause I?m usually just BSing... it helps for everything I suppose. I?d definitely recommend outlining what you want to say so you?re not just rambling about crap like 99% of these videos! I?ll subscribe too man! I appreciate it.
Ye I tried talking in parts of the next video i'm in the process of making, the second part of the wheel bearing video.... It definitely makes the video better but I find I have to rehearse what i'm going to say and then get a bit jolted lol.

All practice though! Appreciate the sub, thanks
Old 04-05-2020, 02:36 AM   #39
knate
Leaky Injector

knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
I have a channel for our Blue Bayou racing videos. We drive a 240SX with a VQ30DE, aero, and Koni race suspension.

Subscribe to my channel to see more race videos!
Blue Bayou Racing Channel

We had Randy Pobst drive our car last year and I finally finished the video for that day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHwGx0aI5AQ

I also have a video comparing my fastest lap of the weekend to his fastest lap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAk5VUYQ2pI
knate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #40
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by knate View Post
I have a channel for our Blue Bayou racing videos. We drive a 240SX with a VQ30DE, aero, and Koni race suspension.

Love all of your videos.

Thanks for taking the time to put them together.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:17 AM   #41
dan_the_drifter

Will go through and watch all the other vids in this thread later, lots of decent stuff by the looks of it! I've just made part 2 of replacing my front wheel bearings and swapping over the extended front studs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL0bS5DEmUE
Old 04-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #42
knate
Leaky Injector

knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
We raced for three hours with only 5th gear.. and I still managed to barely beat my fastest lap with the KA driving like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saICphKe7pY
Old 05-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #43
knate
Leaky Injector

240SX Endurance Race

There is a crash at 4:20 in the video.. leave a comment to say who you think is at fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ScMOQ3Lqw
Old 05-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #44
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Awesome road racing footage. Randy has such unique steering style. Had the pleasure of piloting some AER teams with him over the years.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #45
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
Awesome road racing footage. Randy has such unique steering style. Had the pleasure of piloting some AER teams with him over the years.
Thanks! He is so amazing at giving feedback, I'd love to get him in the car again now that I've made changes based on his feedback.

As you can see I'm trying to make my way through some of my backlog of races. Only three sprint races, and three endurance races to go before I'm current.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #46
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
What did you guys end up changing from his feedback? He noted the car was soft, what rates/bar are you running?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:28 AM   #47
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
knate, the Porsche could have been slightly more patient. With 2 slower cars ahead/less braking potential, so even if he "squeezed" through, he would still have to content with 1 other car further ahead going into

From the looks of it, Porsche has more straight line handling than just about anything else in shot.

Yeah, patience is a virtue....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #48
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
What did you guys end up changing from his feedback? He noted the car was soft, what rates/bar are you running?
The shocks were set too soft, not necessarily the springs. We are running 8k/6k springs on a very light car. Then running a stock bar in the rear with a Sikky sway bar up front. He suggested trying to go softer with the front bar and cranking up the shocks.

We have also since swapped for GK Tech knuckles but have not had a chance to test them. Hoping the corrected roll center will help a little mid-corner grip. We also swapped to higher friction rear brake pads to help shift the brake balance.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:34 PM   #49
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
knate, the Porsche could have been slightly more patient. With 2 slower cars ahead/less braking potential, so even if he "squeezed" through, he would still have to content with 1 other car further ahead going into

From the looks of it, Porsche has more straight line handling than just about anything else in shot.

Yeah, patience is a virtue....
Totally agree, those cars had been duking it out for quite a few laps and I think it made him a little more impatient. That Porsche definitely has some speed, but that Honda is no slouch! We have 190-200whp and he would walk away from me. The Porsche has since been fully repaired and is back in action.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #50
e1_griego
Post Whore!

How light is your car?
Old 05-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #51
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
How light is your car?
The last weight I can find was when we were corner balancing after putting on the coilovers and with the V6. It shows 2456 lbs, which I believe was with driver and cool suit cooler, not sure how much fuel, probably 1/4-1/2 tank. We did some extensive work with the plasma cutter when building the car, it's 22-something without driver and low on fuel.

I have most of the build of the car below. I didn't think to start doing timelapse until after I had already done most of the plasma work and cage was in. You can kind of see before we put the windshield in how the A-pillar bar runs up inside the hollowed A-pillar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haN24WVjsCA

When we swapped in the V6 we gained around 25 lbs if I remember correctly, although it was all from the big transmission so a little further back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8KuxTykoxI
Old 05-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #52
knate
Leaky Injector

The first of two sprint races from July of last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTaBiTx50k
Old 05-17-2020, 08:33 PM   #53
knate
Leaky Injector

Second sprint race... this one had some epic battles with the Ecotec-powered Race Invaders Miata, then ended with an epic crash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swollCqakwA
Old 05-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #54
Vwongjj

Vwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the roughVwongjj is a jewel in the rough
Damnnnn didnt know there was this thread!

I've got a youtube channel too!
From the sunny island of Singapore!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVZ..._as=subscriber
Vwongjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #55
knate
Leaky Injector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMqpsE64zrk
Old 05-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #56
e1_griego
Post Whore!

I ended up playing with that 1st place SN95 at the ridge last weekend -- had a GREAT session with him. We were both on RS4s and it was a pretty good cat and mouse game.

I'll restate that I love your videos and the way you edit the passes together. Only Lucky Dog videos that I ever watch.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #57
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I ended up playing with that 1st place SN95 at the ridge last weekend -- had a GREAT session with him. We were both on RS4s and it was a pretty good cat and mouse game.

I'll restate that I love your videos and the way you edit the passes together. Only Lucky Dog videos that I ever watch.
Thanks, I appreciate it! What is done to your car and how did it compare?
Old 05-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #58
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Standard NRR build -- 8611s, front progress bar, 550/400 springs, all spherical, ~320whp SR, OSG rear end, 255s all around.

He'd get away from me a bit on the straights but I could reel him in through corners. It was great fun.

I went to chat with him afterwards and together we lamented RS4s lol
Old 05-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #59
knate
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Standard NRR build -- 8611s, front progress bar, 550/400 springs, all spherical, ~320whp SR, OSG rear end, 255s all around.

He'd get away from me a bit on the straights but I could reel him in through corners. It was great fun.

I went to chat with him afterwards and together we lamented RS4s lol
Wow, 320whp and he was still faster in the straight? We only have 190-200whp right now and if we go VQ35 we're still only looking at 240whp or so..

RS4s are not too bad.. much better sidewall than the floppy RS3. I am a HUGE fan of the feel of the RE71R, but we also only got about 9 hours before they were bald in areas. The precision and grip of the RE71R is amazing. The next day driving on RS4s I went off track a couple different times trying to drive them like the RE71R. However the RS4s I can get 20+ hours out of and while they don't feel nearly as good, they are not *that* much slower once you get a bunch of heat into them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCxHeME_wCs
Old 05-31-2020, 09:14 AM   #60
e1_griego
Post Whore!

He wasn't getting me by a lot, but it was also my 3rd session ever there, I learned a lot from following him around. I chatted with him a bit and he says their car makes 350whp.

Suggest you not try the a052. They're cottamned amazing but 2 track days' worth of life lol.

I figure I'll try re71s next or maybe just do something 100tw.

Last edited by e1_griego; 05-31-2020 at 10:28 AM..