Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #61
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks man! That reminds me I still have a bunch of updating I have to do! So, I’ll probably make another post when I’m out of work
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #62
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

So another update lol. At this point in time I really was trying my hardest to drive at my local track which is about a hour and 15 minutes away depending on traffic. There was test n’ tunes every Thursday for a bit and the first one I tried to go to got rained out. So I got lucky and was able to get the next Thursday off again which was difficult to get off because it’s a longer day at work.

Long story short, drove there for the car to break 5 minutes outside the entrance. Spent like a month trying to figure out what caused the car to stall out and stumble on acceleration+ intermittent shitty idle.Eventually, it got to the point where I had replaced almost every ignition component, leak down/compression tested the motor, timing, replaced all the fuel related items including injectors and fuel pump. Then, one day my wipers/radio and heater controls stopped working. I had a spare ignition switch and after a friend reminded me that that could be it I had nothing to lose. Swapped it in and boom! She fired up easy and idled better.

To celebrate, I bought more wheels
Avs model 6 17x9+20 pretty cool and got a good deal on them

Pos on the rack

Random pics you may enjoy or not

Got rid of the black wing because it looked like shit and opted for my red OEM ONE Ahhhhh. Honestly, it was a sad time but I parted ways with the red hatch. Just wasn’t seeing myself go very far with it like I envisioned. I parted it and sold the shell to someone who hopefully will do it justice.

After making some cash, I had a hole burning in my pocket. Jk. But, I wanted to do something I just didn’t know what. Then, one week my buddy told me about club fr jam and how mike and tony from burstspeed were renting cars out to drift for two days. We rented because he sold his s13 coupe and I really wasn’t trying to put that stress on my car and have to come back to work later that week. Or atleast try to drive back haha. My friend traded them some wheels and tires and they accepted his offer so we got some money knocked off the rental fees. It was very last minute but it was worth every DAMN Penny. I suck at drifting because I’ve only done it on the street and never a track but I HIGHLY SUGGEST EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO DRIVE.....DRIVE USAIR. You will not be sorry. The atmosphere is unreal and it was so awesome to be back a second time in one year. The hospitality and the generosity were second to none coming from guys I look up to. If any of you guys every find your way on this thread, you guys are the most humble, selfless dudes I’ve ever met. Anyway, Here are some flics and I will figure out a way to link my in car video of a run I did on extended intermediate

DAYNE

ME AND ALLEN

I have pretty much one more update to bring you guys up to speed to where I’m currently at!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #63
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Covid 9teen

So, its been some time and Im pretty bad at updating this thread. Among other things, Ive had a bit more free time due to work being slow from all this virus shit so Im going to pickup where I left off.

So I had drove the rental hatch at usair and after coming back I randomly started putting my ka together haha. It still needs the pan and timing stuff put back on it but I didnt care because I didnt necessarily need the motor for anything at the moment. Heres some pictures of a 75% assembled ka. Very cool, I know!

I just continued to daily my car well into fall. Went to a car meet with a buddy and he snapped some flics. I also chucked on my ganador tails out of boredom. Had the blitz 03s on for a minute and sold them to a friends friend.

I had promised my friends that Id drive this event at kilkare in Ohio. It was Halloween bash and really like my first event in my own car. It went really well aside from the fact the second day, the track got absolutely rained out. although people still drove, the layout was the opposite of the previous day and I was content with my previous day of driving. Didnt get a whole lot of pictures of me driving but maybe like two, but I did have some videos on my Instagram. Car did great! Had no issues for the 4-6 hours I drove

Going away for the winter,

I will actually update this thing in the morning when I make some coffee lol
Old 03-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #64
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Sick stripes

I forced myself to update haha. Sometimes I just feel like I don’t care about doing it but I also want to have something to look back at and laugh about or get excited to see how far things have advanced so anyway. Yeah

So, after doing those two events last year I felt the need to just kind of take a break on my s13. Not that it?s some crazy build or anything...I just genuinely wanted to focus on other things for a little bit.

I swapped a new overflow and some shifter return springs in. That?s about the extent of my off season prep haha

Then, I decided that my reliable Volvo was not fast enough so I swapped a B230ft in I went through and resealed/new gaskets along with that a borgwarner t5 from a mustang with the 5.0.
I completed the swap and had it going down the road in a month. It was still very cold and I have no heat in my garage so it was a lot of dragging going on with work and weather

Car runs great and is actually pretty quick even with a small td04hl on it. Its on 11ish psi and pulls pretty hard.

Then I bought a another daily for my old lady and not a month into owning it blew a headgasket. Did it at work in between actually working on other vehicles in a day and a half.

ALSO, I forgot to mention I had around $1200 worth of tools stolen out of my car which was pretty much everything I had for working on cars outside of work. Yes I have plenty of tools in my box at work but still sucks to have everything ripped out of your hands like that. It was a stupid mistake I made and needless to say that set me back and I will not be making that mistake again.

That sorta brings me closer to date.
I ended up parting ways with a few wheels and picking up a pair of fat vs6 to pit with my skinny model 6?s lol. They were white and I was not in love with them in white on my car so I spray painted them and hate it. They are 17x9+35 with 215/40?s. Probably going to end up having them powder coated.

Then and only then did I decide to make a poor mistake. I bought a truck. A big ol’ stinky one. Logical? No. But, after my friend towing my car all the way to Xenia,OH for that last event with his aluminum open trailer, in his duramax Colorado with 4 people...i could not return to street driving to my local track as it’s an hour and a half away. No where near as nice but it fits me in a way if you know me. I like shit boxes.

Deetzzz
89 dodge d250(2wd)
Single cab long bed
727 3 speed auto
Dana 60 I believe
12v 6bt non ic cummins
Hx35
Horrible exhaust out of the pass fender
Rusty but motor has no blowby

And runs good but definitely needs work in a bunch of other areas but just like anything I’m going to dump money into it so I can less then half back. It’s what I do. Tried to sell it due to buyers remorse but every time I drive it I’m like this is the shittiest, coolest truck haha. Some maybe can relate or maybe not.

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 04-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Bullshit
Old 04-01-2020, 10:16 PM   #65
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Tafuq is this
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #66
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Idk a culmination of bullshit really. And zilvia keeps fucking my posts up and inserting question marks for an apostrophe. Idk anymore
Old 04-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #67
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I mean still keep this thread alive. Just wondering which car this BUILD THREAD is for.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:57 PM   #68
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

^Sorry haha. I know it was a really random kinda post

Got the old beater out. Tossed on a less shitty hatch I bought awhile ago along with kouki tails and some g33s up front. Took it for a rip and needless to say Ive missed it! Got stuck taking it out as usual

Heres a link to me messing around in a parking lot around the corner from me. Needless to say, I feel like a 4.6 ring and pinion would help with the single cam. Although very fun, its kinda gutless compared to my Volvo which is sad haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWo9...&feature=share
Old 05-02-2020, 01:05 AM   #69
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Car looking nice sliding sideways. Hows the progress on that KA build?
Old 05-02-2020, 06:30 AM   #70
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

i actually havent done anything to the ka since i put it together! haha im also unsure why the picture quality on my last post is so bad. i pulled that ka from my other hatch and just really went through it so i could have a spare
Old 07-13-2020, 10:44 PM   #71
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Man, I?ve sorta been working on this thing here and there. Actually more then I want to but I?m guilty of the fact that sometimes working on this stupid thing is well...therapeutic in ways.
Something in me felt the need to try and do my best to make this car better in a bunch of different ways. The quest for a compromise in between a low/better handling machine. Something I felt was a culmination of what I like in a car.
I understand it?s not everyone?s cup of tea and 180 styling imo has a bunch of do?s and donts so please forgive me, if I stray haha.
Last drive I think before I decided to be stupid and put this thing on jackstands

Any how. Ive been trying to just get the car to a state that I don?t believe it?s been in for a while. So naturally, I ordered some parts. A good internet friend of mines recommended nismo mounts to raise the pan above the subframe and are a great alternative to most of the sold polyurethane mounts that are offered.
So, I scored a full set bnib(trans mount included) for $230 off eBay! Pretty neat.

Put them in

The clearance I gained definitely seemed to be a bit higher then the gktech ones I had, so that?s a plus and I?m hoping the car will feel less harsh aswell. Ignore my already smashed oil pan

I sold off my gktech rcc correction kit and paid for heatmaker hotside knuckles that Julian makes.I also held onto a front subframe I modified for my old car moving the rack 25mm forward. Decided to put that in along with some better shape es bushings I had laying around.

I also was given the opportunity at the first opening event at the localish track to ?borrow? a car along with my good friend Allen that I drove usair with. My good friend trey got this really cool shot of me figuring it out

Seeing/ride alongs with my friends propelled me to continue working on my car even when 50+ hour work weeks filled with working on cars drains you to the point where working on your own car is well...UNINTERESTING. Hahaha I?m sure many of you know the pain.

So, back to the shop !
Extended the old control arms I had on my car 25mm to pair with the new knuckles. This was my first time And I don?t have the proper tools but I?m willing to try something myself.

Also, went ahead and replaced this stupid bushing

That brings me to the rear of the car. Two people I talk to a bunch who are like minded In the sense that they appreciate the low style/stock body style schassis both had ended up getting some driftworks geomaster 2 knuckles for the rear and although they needed a very small amount of modification being they are not built off the stock knuckle. So, I went ahead and picked some up and they went in pretty smoothly. I did run into some issues running higher offset 9j 17s (+35 specifically) in the rear because of this, but I shaved the lcas down a little bit to gain clearance and there?s a chance the car will have to be raised some to compensate anyway for the knew rear knuckles. A small spacer will alleviate this issue.

Also, went ahead and replaced the rear lca bushings with some poly ones for better articulation! Haha

Also, decided to do a minor brake upgrade along with some ss lines all the way around and some e brake extensions.

I have a drive tomorrow but my old lady will be driving so I?ll post some more progress tomorrow. Until then
Old 07-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #72
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

So, I also ended up picking a c?s (first style) short shifter. I liked the shifter return springs but my cars shifting still felt super sloppy. I personally don?t like short shifters so it was a toss up between this and a nismo solid shifter.

Installed on bronze bushing I had bought awhile ago on the c?s because why not

I then fixed the headlight motor wiring. In the time I?ve owned this car, it?s never had functioning pop ups. Along with that, I fixed my headlights in general because after the last event I drove in October I lost one light, then when I was cruising Woodward in Detroit I lost the other. So, I did that and installed some led bulbs in the position lights !

Decided to fab up a small brace for my tension rod brackets. I?ve already dumped more money than this car is probably worth into it so I figured I?d might as well try my hand at something. This is flux core too because I let someone borrow my welder and they broke my regulator so I haven?t used gas since. The bottom of the brackets will be braced as well and I?m thinking of ways I can make them a bit more low car friendly.

That pretty much brings me up to date. I decided to try dyeing some carpet I got a while back or spray painting essentially. Didn?t come out too bad! We will have to see how long it lasts like that though. Before

After

I also went ahead and reinforced these things a second time as the first time my welds were a bit too cold and cracked where the typical flexing occurs.

Currently still waiting on knuckles to show up so the front end can be put back together and I can decide if 25mm extended flca is enough or too little of an extension for what I?m trying to achieve.i also came across some cool bits I felt the need to buy I guess
Yashio factory tension rod to frame braces I thought were neat. Maybe even a bit over kill

Also, another water temp gauge because I love the first version and was sad when I sold my other one due to it not working with 89-90 wiring. This one is thankfully a 2 channel probe style which I rarely see for sale so the hope is I can get it functioning on my car!

LASTLY(wow I?m long winded) I bought another tow truck
96 auto, extended cab long bed, 2WD and 12v! Texas truck until this past fall so beat up but no rust. I?m happy
Old 07-14-2020, 08:07 PM   #73
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Cool car you have here dude. Bang out the bottom of the pan on that thing dude, sketchy! haha. Also make sure you fill it a quart over on track days, that's how my KA bit the dust.

The tension rod brace makes a ton of difference man, really any chassis stiffness that you can add to these wet noodles is a huge bonus.

See you at some events this season?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #74
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

That?s the hope man! And yeah as far as the pan, that the plan man I was actually thinking about pulling the dent out of the pan with a stud welder haha. Don?t know how well it?ll work and at this point dropping the subframe to pull the pan isn?t too difficult to do anyway
Old 07-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #75
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Got the yf gauge and tension rod brace done and the yf braces on. Even managed to get the wiring sorted for the yf gauge. It now displays water/oil temp via two channels+more that can be Selected via the switch that was included.

Also, ended up picking up a set of wmb xt7s 17x9+28. Hoping these knuckles will show up within a week or so because I?ve missed 4 events since I put my car on stands and I really would like to drive some this season. Anyway that?s it for now I know this thread isn?t that Interesting/sorted but you get the gist of what?s going on
Old 07-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #76
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Those tension rod braces are interesting. Anything to help the wet noodle front end of an S13 I'm sure helps.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #77
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Finally got knuckles yesterday. They look insane.So went ahead and installed them along with q45 brakes/ss lines.

Control arms are extended 25mm and I?m using moog s14 tie rod along with what I want to say is a 90?s maxima outer? I can?t remember I have so many combinations of random inners/outers in a box haha.

Eyeballed the alignment and we should be about Gucci to lower the thing today after work and adjust ride height and such and work out all the small kinks as with anything.

Probably going to go ahead and extend my other lcas too(the new ones) for spares and maybe weld some bump stops back on to the lcas on the car. After that the interior needs to go back together and she?ll be pretty much ready to rock. Maybe weld my holes up in my exhaust haha
Old 07-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #78
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
great update! this car reminds me a lot of my setup
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:03 PM   #79
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Hahaha I took a lot of inspiration from you dude 😅😅 I appreciate you always answering my annoying questions
Old 07-23-2020, 04:19 PM   #80
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Hell yeah dude, those heatmaker knuckles are cool.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #81
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks dude!

Got this turd back on the ground.car was DUMPED. Had to raise it up but this is a benefit of the drop knuckles because now I can actually use the coilovers vs it being nearly bottomed out.

Note subframe stud Lol

Pre-drop knuckle rear coilover settings

After:

Still dumped lol

Got to align my buddy conor?s g35 before no star bash. Very cool car, even cooler guy.

Also got the new wheels today. Super good condition

Also Throwback to me rolling onto grid at kilkare last year photo curtesy of Jack!
Old 08-27-2020, 10:37 PM   #82
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Man, this build took a relatively sharp turn south. Haha. So, let?s back track.
I ended up getting the car back together suspension wise and I was hyped. So I started it and I had the infamous lifter ?tick? single cam ka?s are known for. So me being me, I pulled the valve cover and debated on whether or not I should replace just the problematic one or just all of em. So, I found a full set of 12 oem rockers so just went that route.

I then noticed the driverside timing guide was missing a chunk. So then it dawned on me and decided I?d pull the front cover and oil pan off and do the timing components.

You can see the rubber expansion plug I made due to the fact that once I assembled everything something was style making noise with engine speed. It sound like the timing chain so drilled a I believe 2? hole in the front timing cover to ease the removal of the tensioner. I swapped to my old one which made no difference. So I then opted for an even more expensive ?ratcheting? tensioner to see if maybe it was somehow slack in the chain.

What was weird was that the motor ran smooth and normal at idle but above it you could hear what sounded like timing chain slap. Upon this inspection, I realized my oil pressure was reading funny. It always has been pretty low at idle when hot like 6-7 psi but the dummy light never kicked on(yes it works) but this made me more concerned because even with the new pump, the oil pressure wouldn?t rise past 3k rpm. Max it would see was like 40-45 psi cold and drop from there and when revving it it would sometimes go down?? Unsure if my gauge was accurate so I hooked up a mechanical gauge to the sender and gave me the exact same readings.

So I yanked the motor...

Painted my bay with really shit prep but I didn?t care too much as long as it looked better then it did.

Stitch welded a few spots nothing crazy at all but just to help with some of the flex.nothing to sneeze at.
Here?s some stuff I blew out of the crank...

Bearings were scored pretty nicely on some of the journals so I?m chalking the oil pressure up to worn bearings from pieces of the timing guide being circulated throughout a engine I beat on regularly.

I was torn in between rebuilding the single cam after buying all this oem shit for it and I even went on to trying to hone the block myself with a stone hone. Didn?t really get the desired crosshatching I wanted so I tried to get in contact with 4 machine shops all being atleast a month out. Wasn?t enough time for me to make the last event I?m probably driving this year.

Then, I hit my homie up who?s a machinist and he recommended me a guy that seemed like a really solid candidate but it fell through and I was at a complete stand still.

So I was at a Stand still with what I wanted to do. So, without much time I was looking at the dual cam i mostly assembled awhile back and I didn?t want to swap it because even with machine work I felt the single cam would be a bit cheaper due to the fact I had sold off a bunch of dual cam stuff and for whatever reason it?s seems to be expensive around here for parts. Hell, a dude I know just sold a 1 owner, mint hatch he had for $32k with a single cam on bat.

Anyway, made the decision to just swap to the dual cam because it was my best option at this point.
Specs on the engine are pretty simple
Oem gaskets all around
All new exhaust studs
Oem head gasket
Hone
New rings and standard clevite bearings
Decked head
Arp headstuds
Osk timing set

Then this happened. Broke a stud somehow on the very last torque sequence. All the others were fine and the included fastener lube was utilized. Managed to get it out and replaced

Thought I was a machine shop

New clutch setup

Picked up some parts from a buddy

Most of the bay back together. Remounted setrab ps cooler, got rid of the stock ps lines because I kinked the hell out of my high pressure line so just ended up getting the isr kit. Got the body harness plug swapped out and put in a dual cam cluster I had laying around. Throttle cable swapped. New clutch line as well

Current state of affairs. Distributor mounted, timing chain installed, oil pan and rear main and housing. Yadda yadda you guys know the drill I?ll spare you the details.

Signed up for Halloween bash again this year so let?s hope I can have the car together and everything goes smoothly. I?m very close to being able to put it in just have to get the flywheel/clutch on and the pilot bearing swapped out. The knock sensor needs to be mounted(in the mail)still and since I deleted the factory
Pcv intake tree thing I have to figure out a way to tie the the factory pcv in or running a catch can since it needs to see vac I believe to function being that it?s a check valve. So that?s pretty much where I?m at currently with this stupid thing
Old 08-31-2020, 12:30 AM   #83
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

So managed to get the motor in by myself the other day. I ended up replacing the pilot bearing using the ol greasy boi trick. Work like charm being my first time on a old ka. Anyway it came out in fragments haha.

White bunny comp clutch full face vs my old 6 puck. When I bought this like almost two years ago I didn?t really KNOW the difference at the time nor did I really drift like that. But whatever I?ll run it for now

Motor going in

Went to grand haven for a day trip sorta thing with some of my family and came back and got the harness in and managed a first start today. It has open headers atm so its atrocious but it sounds pretty healthy. Feels good to go from assembling a motor somewhat to being swapped into my car and running in less then two weeks by myself. Feels cool. But anyway, still a lot of tidying up to do and routing of a few wires.

What?s left is to do(no specific order)
Bleed clutch
Bleed brakes
Assemble the rest of the accessories(alt,belts,ps stuff)
Put some water in the engine
Fab up a flex pipe for the exhaust In place of cat
Bleed ps
Make some -8 lines for ps cooler
Break in motor/clutch
Install my sorry looking body panels
Swap some wires around for the pbm/yf gauges
Change oil once or twice before this event
Fill engine with good oil(gonna try redline 5w50)
Align car at work

If everything goes to plan I should have this thing pretty much back on the road within the next week. Cheers!
Old 08-31-2020, 06:19 AM   #84
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Jealous of how close you are to having the car running! Looks good man.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #85
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

It runs! Although like shit atm have to still adjust timing and make it not open header. Excuse the potato quality video https://youtu.be/24zccf7xljw

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 09-22-2020 at 04:32 PM..
Old 09-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #86
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Cars been running great for a few weeks now. Feels super healthy. Only issues I had was the one dead injector I swapped had a upper o-ring get pinched and eventually started leaking. Got that swapped and all is well.
Mandatory dusty ass gas station pic with no fenders so I could get it aligned at work a bit easier

I was not happy with fitment after tossing extended the first pair of lcas a inch. Like it was okay but I didnt really wanna use huge spacers if I didnt have to. So I had a brand new pair of lcas and made some 38mm extensions. Not perfect but whatever.

Got the toe good enough to drive around

After I aligned it(insert I aligned it myself meme)

Drove around a bit was really just trying to feel the car out and get any small issues sorted

Buddy of mine took some night time flicks

Picked up a hood for cheap because mines has always seemed to be sorta flimsy lol just need to go kgp already.

The collection thins

Went to a sick ass meet (at my job)

Blew up a frame rail

Grabbed some 3/16ths and chopped whatever the weak shit(it?s like 2 layers) Nissan uses is.

Glued it in

Tossed some undercoating on it because I?m bound to rip it off anyway

Decided to make a cheesy little switch for killing power to the headlight motors so I can switch in between fully operational headlights(all the way up) and running the sleepy eyes while still being able to have the headlights on.

Just going to keep driving the car breaking it in. Going to change the oil and order some tires for the event next month. Going to spectate two events coming up though with some friends driving as well
Old 09-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #87
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

This thing is slammed dude! I dig it.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #88
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks man! I tried to not just dump it like some schassis owners typically do and ride around with it handling like absolute poop. It doesn?t obviously handle like some car that?s not 2? off the ground but I wanted to have some level of handling at such a low height. There?s a couple of cars I?ve taken inspiration from a big one being Mikinyu,asano,keeve,juan,nick,tmy.180s cars being really big inspirations to why I chose to keep the car low. My cars nowhere near their level of dedication to being low. But they are super interesting to me nonetheless and that?s just sorta the style I?m after but want it to be relatively capable on the track.

Sorry for the long list. Just had to share some of my favorites
Old 09-24-2020, 12:21 PM   #89
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Hell yeah dude! At some point after my racecar is done, I want to section the frame rails on the street car so I can run it really low. I plan to go through the whole chassis though so I can make the thing last haha.

Going to hit any events this season? I'm trying to get mine together so I can at least do a few. Maybe head down south to do a Drift Nirvana event even.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #90
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

That would be sick! I?m going to be going to a private event this Sunday but just spectating and riding along with a bunch friends. Maybe they?ll lend me a car to do some laps haha but I?m driving next month at kilkare and before that I?ll probably try and go hang at halloween bash at autocity. Should be a good time! I have to get a trailer soon so I can drive out to usair with my friends that way