Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #61
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Talk about relevant updates and how you and/or your family is holding up.

Let?s keep it as non-political as we can..
Or not I guess.

Seriously though, let?s not turn this into the Trump bashing thread 2.0.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #62
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
The thing I hate the most about this fucking issue is the humongous amount of shit information that is being let out without any facts or information to back it up. One day you hear one policy, then it changes to something else. Now we’re 3 weeks in and our wanna be Mathew McConaughey govenor decides we should all be wearing some form of a mask huh?

The social distancing thing sucks ass too, I don’t mean people standing further away from me in lines while paying or waiting, but this whole shit to keep people out of the stores and 6 feet away at all times is just ridiculous and not gonna happen in certain areas. It’s plugging the rest of the system up and for those like me who still have to work, it’s making dealing with fucking idiots way more difficult.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:58 PM   #63
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Well in defense of the situation, it IS changing day by day. Just watch these press conferences every day and get the info right from the administration’s team.

Obviously there are local policies but for the most part it’s the same deal.

And yeah, it all sucks. Just do your best and try to be conscious of the guidelines. That’s all you can do.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #64
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
The thing I hate the most about this fucking issue is the humongous amount of shit information that is being let out without any facts or information to back it up. One day you hear one policy, then it changes to something else. Now we?re 3 weeks in and our wanna be Mathew McConaughey govenor decides we should all be wearing some form of a mask huh?

The social distancing thing sucks ass too, I don?t mean people standing further away from me in lines while paying or waiting, but this whole shit to keep people out of the stores and 6 feet away at all times is just ridiculous and not gonna happen in certain areas. It?s plugging the rest of the system up and for those like me who still have to work, it?s making dealing with fucking idiots way more difficult.
Like exitspeed said, its day to day. Also, they still have to go b the CDC guidelines. Remember, the governers are not scientist or doctors......

However, if the CDC says one thing, and the governor completely ignores it, that is totally on the governor (like FLorida......)
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #65
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It just dawned on me that these kids are probably going to have some PTSD going back to school.

There's this whole situation they are in right now, the extra stress at home and lack of structure (although I know most parents are trying their best, myself included) and then not seeing their friends in person and interacting with them. And then we're going to just throw them back in to a classroom setting. It's going to be tough. And this is different from Summer vacation because a lot of kids still have activities they do like sports and whatnot. It's also significantly longer.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:19 AM   #66
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
^^ Agreed. Or the stress on literally not advancing daily and gaining knowledge.

Also, people who have to transition back to work at minimum 3 months not commuting, not deal with other people, not dealing with traffic, parking, or just public transit.

It's amazing how many things we take for granted
Old 04-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #67
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Just wanted to post in hopes that no one here ever gets it. Friend's mom got it and she passed in 4 days.

The numbers are very real, but they get outdated literally minutes after publishing. The big unknown is the unconfirmed cases. The ones that are undiagnosed. THAT'S the scary figure. Why? Because there's no number for it.

I'm blessed to be healthy (as of today), to still have a job (as of today), and for none of my loved ones to be affected (as of today). Do that facetime session with that friend or family member you've been putting off for months/years. Make that bomb ass meal you always wanted to tackle. Say I love you to as many people as possible. You really never know.

Stay safe everybody. Political-party jabbing/finger-pointing isn't the thing to put effort into right now. Take care of yourselves.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #68
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
With all due respect, this entire thing is political. Everything is political when it relates to politicians and their actions. I get worked up about it because people are dying due to ineffectual governance and people who don't die may end up getting absolutely nailed to the wall by healthcare costs after a period of unemployment.

My shop's still open, but my painter, one of my body guys, my GM and one of my bookkeepers are all taking time off. It's raining, which means I'm double-fucked because I can't put cars outside so what work we do get done is at 50% efficiency.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #69
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
I wanna know when they make “Hazard pay” mandatory for everyone still going in. Fucking Costco stockers get another $2 raise, but I work on equipment and vehicles that’s all over skid row and we don’t get shit. To make this sane, they must keep everything equal.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #70
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This week is supposedly peak week. Lets hope thats the case and things start to calm down.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #71
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

^ that's somewhat inaccurate. Each state has it's own projected peak time frame. DC for instance is not until June/July timeframe.....
Old 04-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #72
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
No one could know peaks because we simply aren't testing enough, and where we are testing, we're not completing testing fast enough. California has more than 10% of its tests currently in process. You cannot determine how this moves through our population without data.

In SoCal, my town has less than 10 cases for an infection rate of approx. 0.02%. One of my techs decided to take the week off because everything has him on edge. I need him to finish three cars, so now I'm another week behind.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #73
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Texas peak is unknown, due to the fact several nursing homes failed to contact the CDC with positive Covid cases. This happened in my home town of Yoakum, Texas as well as Austin, Texas. My wife is currently working from home screening patients and sending them to a local Covid testing centers or scheduling them to see their PCM. On the military front, more and more of my collides in the Medical field are getting activated. I'm nervously waiting to see if the Federal Government activates a stop clause measure for all service members EAOS or Retiring in the next six months. All Branches of service missed their recruiting quota by significant amounts for the past three years, regardless of what the POTUS says.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:59 AM   #74
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just got a mandatory 2 day furlough at work because none of our customers are paying us and payroll is getting scarce. Whack.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #75
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Just got a mandatory 2 day furlough at work because none of our customers are paying us and payroll is getting scarce. Whack.
Im a government employee and if I were to get furloughed Id actually be getting paid more to sit at home as opposed to be receiving a government job paycheck. My state the max for UI is $450 a week PLUS the $600 additional that is being thrown in due to the CARES act
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #76
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Im a government employee and if I were to get furloughed Id actually be getting paid more to sit at home as opposed to be receiving a government job paycheck. My state the max for UI is $450 a week PLUS the $600 additional that is being thrown in due to the CARES act
Not bad haha.

I've been taking solo drives up and down my local canyon road for the sake of getting out of the house and getting some fresh air. Unfortunate circumstances, but the roads are EMPTY.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:13 PM   #77
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Not bad haha.

I've been taking solo drives up and down my local canyon road for the sake of getting out of the house and getting some fresh air. Unfortunate circumstances, but the roads are EMPTY.
Careful, I heard they were ticketing and impounding around GMR/ Azusa canyon.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #78
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
So..nothing's changed?

I'm curious how this whole thing is and will affect the housing market. Right now interest rates are really low, but houses are sitting on the market largely because people literally can't go out and see them.

I also keep wondering if things will fully recover when this all blows over. Are all the displaced workers going to get their jobs back? Are people going to come out of quarantine in full force and start spending money?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #79
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Not the case each time I go, but yeah I do watch out everytime regardless.

Yeah this is the new "normal" for a while.

As for recovery, it'll take a looong time. This pandemic basically made the economy go cold turkey in a matter of weeks. Can't undo all that just as fast.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #80
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It just dawned on me that these kids are probably going to have some PTSD going back to school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
^^ Agreed. Or the stress on literally not advancing daily and gaining knowledge.

Also, people who have to transition back to work at minimum 3 months not commuting, not deal with other people, not dealing with traffic, parking, or just public transit.

It's amazing how many things we take for granted
PTSD? What the fuck, we're talking about staying at home _NOT_ going to Vietnam. Gee I can see it now, PTSD over staying at home and jerking off, playing videos and watching DVDs. There is NO comparison to this being anywhere near as bad as how it was in the past. This is like a vacation.

The only PTSD I can think of are husbands who are at home, listening to their yelling children and nagging wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm curious how this whole thing is and will affect the housing market. Right now interest rates are really low, but houses are sitting on the market largely because people literally can't go out and see them.
They have online viewings, no big deal. Problem is the excess inventory from all the people who will be DEAD. Supply and demand, watch the prices DROP.

More important is that this Safer At Home request will get extended and more strict, mark my words. This is just the beginning.

I feel sorry for anyone who's paid their rent. Next month is right around the corner and again, rent will be due. Paying rent while being forced to stay home and not work (non-essentials)? I dont think so. Not unless you're able to work from home and are actually generating money.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #81
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Dude, people your age are dying. You need to be careful.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #82
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by goleloyu View Post
Doctors say that COVID19 will become a seasonal disease.
And a pandemic will end only when more than 50% of the representatives of society will have immunity. Or through a disease or through vaccination.
Different countries will go to this in different ways. But the faster immunity is formed in most citizens, the earlier the economy will be restored.
The US goes this way, hoping to minimize losses. By autumn, the formation of the immune layer will be completed.
The country has a resource for this.
China will go the other way - they will start the industry now, but they will introduce total control of the incidence before the invention of the vaccine.
They have a resource for this.
Europe will be tormented slowly and for a long time. And the industry will not be launched, and the immune layer will form for a very long time.

What’s your source? The virus will mutate and evolve, it already has with two strains identified.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:25 AM   #83
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I've been working from home for three weeks now. My last haircut was on day four.
I haven't missed a second of work, and have actually eked a little overtime since my last move was back to hourly despite coming with a raise.
I miss my barber more than almost anyone

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 05:26 AM   #84
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
PTSD? What the fuck, we're talking about staying at home _NOT_ going to Vietnam. Gee I can see it now, PTSD over staying at home and jerking off, playing videos and watching DVDs. There is NO comparison to this being anywhere near as bad as how it was in the past. This is like a vacation.
Obviously this isn?t the same as being in a war.

However, war isn’t the only traumatic thing someone can experience. I?m POSITIVE people had some form of PTSD after the Great Depression and I know for sure lots of people had PTSD after the Great Recession. Same thing. I?m telling you when we toss these kids back in a room together after not seeing anyone for 6+ months they?re going to feel weird and uncomfortable.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #85
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Working in mental health and specializing more in emotional trauma, a common misconception is that ptsd is reserved exclusively for war and combat. Not to minimize ptsd from war, it's actually far more widespread and I don't doubt we'll get a lot of people being traumatized by all of this. One thing that definitely is there is a lot more depression from what I've seen so far.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:43 PM   #86
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
At this point, I am willing to remain home for a couple extra weeks while people decide to "liberate" their states and kill off a few hundred thousand people just to prove that the scientists and doctors know what the fuck they're talking about if the "leaders" apparently don't

And I write too!
Old 04-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #87
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
At this point, I am willing to remain home for a couple extra weeks while people decide to "liberate" their states and kill off a few hundred thousand people just to prove that the scientists and doctors know what the fuck they're talking about if the "leaders" apparently don't
Although I still have to go to work as our company was deemed essential, I do hope that those needed "liberation" go out and get sick. I really hope these individuals realize that staying at home will benefit the entire community, not just themselves. But at this point, being several weeks into it, they wont and they will be begging the hospital to let them in when they're blue in the face cause they cant breathe.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #88
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Although I still have to go to work as our company was deemed essential, I do hope that those needed "liberation" go out and get sick. I really hope these individuals realize that staying at home will benefit the entire community, not just themselves. But at this point, being several weeks into it, they wont and they will be begging the hospital to let them in when they're blue in the face cause they cant breathe.
Yeah, my company is one of the most "essential" in all of this (clinical lab), but I work a position that was easily transitioned to work from home. So I havenot missed a second of work.
I usually really only leave for supplies and custody exchanges. Gas is so cheap right now that I take the long way everywhere. I live less than a mile from two grocery stores, so I can get there early enough to not worry about meat and toilet paper shortages. I am actually SAVING more money during this shit than I might have if I was able to roam freely. That said, I wouldn't be mad if this shit lasted on through May as well!

And I write too!
Old 04-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #89
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Dude, people your age are dying. You need to be careful.
LOL he is not really 78 . Oh and people of all ages are dying. The biggest factor is a high percentage like close to 85% of the people dying have underlying health issues already.

The best thing to do is to keep distance and wash your hands quite frequently. I literally wash my hands everytime I go outside and inside. I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer so I have it when hand washing is not available. You can easily make hand sanitizer as well. Rubbing Alcohol and aloe or mint tea oil and hydrogen peroxide.

I know social distancing sucks but what sucks more is getting sick with
Covid19 . Though truthfully if you live in California you have a high chance of already having been exposed or even having had it already.

Why do I say this? Look at the timeline it broke out in Wuhan in late Nov early December. It was reported to the WHO by China at the end of December. The only journalism that really covered it with alarm was the Journal of Science. Every other news organization noted it but did not give much attention.
Meanwhile Los Angeles and Long Beach two of the biggest ports in the country and responsible for a high percentage of imports from China went about their business. With business you had people traveling back and forth between here and China.
Now a high percentage of Chinese immigrants also do business with or worth in the Silicon Valley as well.
So you had two major interaction points in California . So forward to mid January and NAMM ( NAtional association of music merchandisers) a huge music industry convention in Anaheim where all the music equipment manufacturers get together. People come from all over the world to look at the new equipment coming out from all the manufacturers aka retailers. Ad to that its a major gathering of musicians from the very famous to not so famous that perform at sponsored shows for free. Ad into that producers and engineers as they now have included AES ( Audio Engineering Society ) into the mix.
Now why bring this up. Well as like most modern industries lots of stuff in the music industry is now manufactured in China and yes at NAMM there are a lot of Chinese reps. Well a lot of the Chinese reps at NAMM where going around wearing face masks. We asked ourselves hmm why are they wearing face masks. No one was talking about Wuhan no one was talking about Covid. Hell they were not even talking about it.
Now since we know that a lot of Asians at the first sign of sickness dawn face masks in hopes of not getting sick. Ya that sounds like a stereotype but before Covid19 in the U.S. it was pretty much true.
So we did not think much, except after NAMM several of us got sick with strange colds or fevers. My friend had a fever that put him down for nearly two weeks and he had cough he could not get rid for three weeks afterwards.
I had a strange chest only thing I thought was a cold that lasted over two weeks as well.
They even have told us a majority of healthy people who got Covid would experience a cold to severe cold to flu like symptoms and nothing more and some would not even know they had it.

So I think based of this sensible yet partly anecdotal evidence that its been here in California and possibly the U.S. overall longer than we realize.
That it took awhile to spread to the point where it spread faster.
That the reason California numbers are much lower than say New York are several different factors one is California is already started down the herd immunity road due to longer exposure. 2 is New York is more densely populated in the City. Plus did not have as much prolonged exposure. 3. That people here were getting it a lot but it was not being diagnosed as it appeared to be the flu. We have had a exceptionally bad flu season this year and 20k people have died from the flu( or so they think) as well in the U.S.
Plus my sister runs a credit card processing business and had clients in Vegas that got sick in December with pnuemonia like symptoms were tested for flu but did not show positive and had to go the hospital for it.
Just another interesting question and story.
So Social distancing can help for awhile to flatten the curve though eventually we do have to interact otherwise we will pro long the timeline of the disease.
First order would be to let children go out play and see friends as they are the least affected and would bolster herd immunity because they will develop anti bodies quickly. The older and at high risk( due to underlying medical conditions should still shelter in place. Healthy and recovered should go back to work and we should have testing perhaps by the businesses of employees to make sure they are not sick( ya I know that part is a tall order because we need more testing capability but that is actually starting to be corrected)
This would be the way till a Vaccine that works could be developed and administered.

Its really the way out though take it for what you will this is a new paradigm so to speak. It will probably be a year or two before we are back to what most of us considered normal.
Do not let the conspiracy theorists rule your thinking though be rational stay healthy we will get through .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:54 PM   #90
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
That said, I wouldn't be mad if this shit lasted on through May as well!
Fuck that, we need to get back to being social. That?s human nature for normal human beings. Not all of us like to be hermits in our house afraid of the sun. Video games and shit is not a way of life, being outside and having interactions with other people is.

The thought of people/kids having PTSD is a joke. People need to harden the fuck up, i being a millennial can say we are the softest fuckers around with all these worries. Bunch of pussies now days with so many worries, the youth is doomed because of how we?ve evolved in our methods of thinking.

I am essential, have been since day one. All my family is essential, not a thing has changed in that regard. Once a cure is made this will be just another faze, am I?m willing to bet still a lower deal toll than SARS or even the flu season of 2016 which was around almost 80,000 killed?