Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > R Chassis

R Chassis Technical discussion related to the R Chassis such as the R31, R32, R33, R34, and R35.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
S14 rear/S13 front in R32

So while I rebuild my S14a Silvia, I have my R32 on the lift next to it. I have the rear end built for both of these. The S14 is obviously keeping the rear it came with fully rebuilt/braced and I'm using conversion bushings for the R32 to accept the S14 rear end for better anti-squat and such.

Now, there are people out there that are doing S13 front end swaps on the R32. I know there is limited write-ups but all it seems to need as far as fabrication is drilling a new location to accept the S-chassic coil. Everything else for the most part is a bolt-on affair. Does anyone have experience with an actual write-up or information regarding the swap? There was a gentleman on Facebook I was talking to about it but he stopped responding so maybe all the angle he gained killed him. I'm just looking to have a place that will have a well-documented write-up now that this chassis is popular and easily obtainable in the states. Driftworks made a 'kind of' write up but not really.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Seems pretty basic, just drilln the proper holes for the upper coilover mount could be a pain

https://youtu.be/7EHFanlkYxQ

Guy has a few vids docu. Some of the work
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I watched it and actually borrowed a S13 strut tower bar set up to do the drilling. Driftworks also has some shit pictures too and a semi-walk though. I'm considering doing an active write up on both the S14 rear end swap and the S13 front end swap. I also will be doing S13 coils all the way around. It should make for an interesting setup.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
def in for that swap....funny years back full-race adopted the GTR r-chassis rwd to s-chassis. Now ur going the other way...wanna see awsome angle!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
def in for that swap....funny years back full-race adopted the GTR r-chassis rwd to s-chassis. Now ur going the other way...wanna see awsome angle!
Well the Full-Race was an AWD S14 conversion. You have to run the GTR/GT4 front suspension to accommodate the axles and hubs.

Sup has a GTS-T, so it's basically just a S13/S14 Hybrid of sorts with the wonky GTR/GT4 style front suspension.

The S-13 front is going to drop a bunch of weight while giving him more aftermarket options and more angle options if he's into drifting.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote