Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #31
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
^ Apparently, because most of us OG's were full green until some little cuck decided his colored skin was more important than anyone else. This is what people call 'reverse racism' this day. I like to just leave it at racism.

Everyone is racist. If you don't think that then you're uneducated AND racist.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #32
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
^ Apparently, because most of us OG's were full green until some little cuck decided his colored skin was more important than anyone else. This is what people call 'reverse racism' this day. I like to just leave it at racism.

Everyone is racist. If you don't think that then you're uneducated AND racist.
Embrace the red! Wear it with pride lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #33
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it is petty to rep for political differences, i dont get that. neg repping to me serves to make things more divisive and not sure how thats constructive.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #34
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Like most things, when it's dished out for anything someone just doesn't likes it loses its purpose and meaning. It's like when anyone that supports the enforcement of immigration laws is called a racist. The word 'racist' begins to lose its true meaning. A bunch of red squares used to mean you were a troll or just a plain a-hole on this site. Now what does it mean?..you're republican? lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #35
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
^ 100٪ correct
Old 10-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #36
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
geez these days even staying neutral makes one a white supremist apparently. I think its fair to say things have gotten a lot worse this year.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #37
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
geez these days even staying neutral makes one a white supremist apparently. I think its fair to say things have gotten a lot worse this year.
Thats what happens when people are forced to stay home, cant work and stick a rag over your face. People then to get a little grumpy and blame others...
Old 10-16-2020, 06:40 AM   #38
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Pretty much what it means to the T now. I don't even associate myself completely with one party or the other. Each has their own good ideas - the problem is none of it really goes into motion unless someone is there to make some coin off the deal. Politics shouldn't also be a business.

I just think it's stupid for the sheep to say stupid shit like 'Trump is racist, fuck you nazi pig for sticking up for him racist communist' or some stupid shit like that. If you come at me with that sort of shit, I'm just going to assume you're uneducated and voted for Bernie at some point.

I'd be curious to see what clowns are out there negative rep'ing everyone for no reason. Hopefully an admin/mod/whatever sees the abuse of the system. It's pretty sad that the only gratification in someone's life is going to an online forum and just negative rep'ing everyone that doesn't share their own opinion.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #39
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
No one forces you to suffer. You stay there and take it until you prolapse, ask for a courtesy stuffing and then keep on rolling. You're a free man. You're not chained and binded to that shit hole of a state. What a shame, too. Beautiful state to visit, terrible state to stay in.
California is awesome.

Amazing wages, many different subcultures, snow, beach, hikes, mountain roads, "city" life, rural area life, and all types of diversity can be had within an arms reach.

CARB/Emissions suck, but you learn to deal with it.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:42 PM   #40
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

if only real state costs wouldnt be so overpriced. 8 months into the pandemic and even that doesnt slow the real estate market.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #41
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
if only real state costs wouldnt be so overpriced. 8 months into the pandemic and even that doesnt slow the real estate market.
It depends in the market you're in. San Francisco in particular, but largely the whole Bay Area has taken a sizeable drop.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #42
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the state sucks. it sucks cock.

born and raised here, i can say that its a complete disaster. i prefer LA of the 80s with the gangs, drugs and graffiti. now its just a bunch of hipster fucks who cant decide their sexual orientation, let alone decipher if their cock is a vagina

any other state is better than california
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:36 PM   #43
S14rebuild
BANNED

For how patriotic i am, i would move out the country before id ever live in California.....
Old 11-18-2020, 02:01 PM   #44
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If California had the same laws as TN, I'd move back in heart beat...

I'd honestly have to win the lotto, or inherit a house to be enticed to move back. Which sucks, because I miss the weather, mountains and food a lot.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:23 PM   #45
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
If California had the same laws as TN, I'd move back in heart beat...

I'd honestly have to win the lotto, or inherit a house to be enticed to move back. Which sucks, because I miss the weather, mountains and food a lot.
Can you elaborate on the laws?

Depending on your skillset, you could try landing a job in the bay and have them relocate you out here, if the salary is favorable.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #46
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
It depends in the market you're in. San Francisco in particular, but largely the whole Bay Area has taken a sizeable drop.
in los angeles now and real estate is downright depressing. run down pos houses in boyle heights are like 700k easily. I just need to make more money.

lived in the east bay and sf for 7 years. still have family there but could never move back. san francisco imo is the most depressing city in the world unless you're rich, and i lived there in the late 90s.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #47
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Best bet is to wait till covid is coming under control. The protection of eviction will run out and places will begin to foreclose.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #48
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Can you elaborate on the laws?

Depending on your skillset, you could try landing a job in the bay and have them relocate you out here, if the salary is favorable.
Mainly related to firearms.

In Tennessee:
  • There's no magazine capacity restriction
  • There's no ban on semi-automatic rifle, pistol, or shotgun "features" (Also known as the "Assault Weapon Characteristics")
  • No firearms banned by name
  • You can own Silencers, SBRs, SBSs, Machine Guns, Destructive Devices, or AOWs if you pay the $200 tax stamp and get approved *NFA Rules apply
  • There's no registration for handguns/ long guns
  • No background checks on private gun sales
  • Conceal Carry License is "Shall Issue" vs. California's "May Issue"
  • A person can have a loaded firearm in a lawfully possessed motor vehicle, or boat (if not prohibited from purchasing, or possessing a firearm).
  • I'm sure many more
Also, where I live there's no SMOG, or modified car laws.

As for jobs/ careers... I'd probably do a lot better out in California and there are some great roads around the bay area/ San Jose. I just wouldn't want California to be the "only" place I lived. Thus why I'd only move back if I had the means to afford a place there and "out of state".

Moving from the Los Angeles area to the Memphis area in my mid teens was definitely a pretty big bummer, but family and part of the above is why I haven't moved back. The biggest bummer, being that the closest mountain roads are either 4hrs to the west in AR, or 6hrs to the east (Tail of the Dragon area). At least there are some winding roads around here, though.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #49
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Best bet is to wait till covid is coming under control. The protection of eviction will run out and places will begin to foreclose.
That may take a while. Even if the state cuts off all of the eviction protection from Covid (which I don't think they will) it could take years before the foreclosures hit the market in sufficient numbers.

What is concerning is the commercial real estate market with businesses going under.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:30 PM   #50
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
What is concerning is the commercial real estate market with businesses going under.
Tell me about it! I have a couple clients who are commercial real estate brokers and/or owners. They (especially the owners) are pretty fucked without some sort of government intervention. I have heard some pretty interesting ideas for repurposing unused space though. I think there's definitely and opportunity for someone to figure out a way to make a fortune from this.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:45 PM   #51
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Mainly related to firearms.

In Tennessee:[LIST][*]There's no magazine capacity restriction...
This was shot down recently. No more 10 round capacity...been meaning to pick up a couple 30 rds.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #52
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
This was shot down recently. No more 10 round capacity...been meaning to pick up a couple 30 rds.
Damn, for some reason I though they went back on it... That's a pretty big win and you'd almost think it would further collapse the "Assault Weapon Characteristics" BS.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:11 PM   #53
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Damn, for some reason I though they went back on it... That's a pretty big win and you'd almost think it would further collapse the "Assault Weapon Characteristics" BS.
TBH, it barely broke the news and nobody really cares. I highly doubt pistol grip rifles will be allowed.

Personally, I'm fine with them being banned. I lost a friend from a mass shooting.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #54
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
I lost a friend from a mass shooting.
Serves him right for not having a gun to defend himself.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #55
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Serves him right for not having a gun to defend himself.
Instead of biting at this tasteless reply, I'll ask you this.

How would you defend yourself if you're shot from behind in a church mid prayer?
Old 11-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #56
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
Instead of biting at this tasteless reply
PTSD much?

Quote:
How would you defend yourself if you're shot from behind in a church mid prayer?

For real though?

Have a church full of badass motherfuckers packing heat and ready to ride the lighting in the name of sweet baby Jesus. God wins again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKbgO9qnLs

You can kindly end your political career now.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #57
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
in los angeles now and real estate is downright depressing. run down pos houses in boyle heights are like 700k easily. I just need to make more money.

lived in the east bay and sf for 7 years. still have family there but could never move back. san francisco imo is the most depressing city in the world unless you're rich, and i lived there in the late 90s.
a crack house across the street from the watts towers will easily cost 500k (no joke, look it up)

i have no idea how or why anyone would want to buy property here

how cool is it though, you can own an expensive property (beachside) in venice beach and directly in front of you on the sand, you've got a view of blue tarps and homeless chillin, fighting, drinkin, puffin, injecting, pissing n shitting

hahaha this is what you call the executive class
Old 11-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #58
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Venice Beach was always trash. Anyone who thinks otherwise has rose colored glasses on.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:54 AM   #59
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

not a fan of venice either. never understood the appeal.

yeah LA definitely not for everyone. in LA I think the sweet spot is somewhere around 600-900k. have been eyeing eagle rock and highland park area myself. some consider long beach a good value.

also tempted to consider moving NY with housing costs being hit harder. sucks that monthly hoa costs with apartments out there so high.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:14 PM   #60
ixfxi
Post Whore!

When did I say anything GOOD about Venice? I just used it as an example of over-priced shithole with a homeless problem. You wanna use Van Nuys as an example of a more reasonably priced area that has a homeless problem, be my guest. My point is that the homeless are not treated the same as the rest of us.

Super Citizens