Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-13-2022, 06:30 AM   #31
blankblank

Trader Rating: (0)
blankblank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Literally just that. It adapts from the 5 bolt flange, to vband for ease of serviceability.
I should have asked who makes it, is it being sold
blankblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2022, 07:04 AM   #32
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankblank View Post
I should have asked who makes it, is it being sold
Does Canada not have google? What fucking year is it?

tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:24 AM   #33
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
:WAVE:

Picked up a 22-350. going to be popping it on a s14 sr20de with MHG/studs, 740's and flex fuel. Will report back when there are numbers.
Did you ever get this installed? One of my clients just brought me one to install and I?m curious about a few things.

1: it def needs to be re-clocked, both so that the compressor outlet points the same direction as a normal t25/28, but also so that the chra oil drain is on the bottom instead of on the side

2: the WG actuator uses a bent rod instead of a straight rod, how did you orient it so everything lines up correctly? I can?t see how it would work without chopping the rod and welding it back together, or somehow twisting the rod in the diaphragm housing, which I?m reluctant to try.
3: did you have to weld an extension on to the compressor outlet? I?m reluctant to put a silicone coupler that close to the manifold

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #34
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mark has a picture on his instagram of the turbo on the manifold mounted on the SR, but I don't see any lines hooked up, yet.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #35
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Mark has a picture on his instagram of the turbo on the manifold mounted on the SR, but I don't see any lines hooked up, yet.
do you know their IG?

Quote:
Old 09-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #36
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Did you ever get this installed? One of my clients just brought me one to install and I?m curious about a few things.

1: it def needs to be re-clocked, both so that the compressor outlet points the same direction as a normal t25/28, but also so that the chra oil drain is on the bottom instead of on the side

2: the WG actuator uses a bent rod instead of a straight rod, how did you orient it so everything lines up correctly? I can?t see how it would work without chopping the rod and welding it back together, or somehow twisting the rod in the diaphragm housing, which I?m reluctant to try.
3: did you have to weld an extension on to the compressor outlet? I?m reluctant to put a silicone coupler that close to the manifold
I did!
It definitely had to be reclocked. I had to twist the WG rod a hair, and it is maxed out on its adjuster (as I have it installed). I used a t28 drain that i had to modify a bit. I am going with a silicone 90 out of the outlet for now. I am a bit hesitant on that as well, but worst case I will just weld a 90 on to the outlet. Shoot me a message on IG @krustycoupe and I can send you some pictures. Havent had time to host images.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #37
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Very excited to see someone get one of these tuned.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:40 PM   #38
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
GBC-350 vs GTX2860

Old 10-13-2022, 02:50 PM   #39
brndck
Premium Member

Just some info I came across during my struggle installing this.

1: turbo doesn't come with fittings for oil feed or drain

2:customer bought a ISR stainless line kit from enjuku. I've used this same kit before on s14/15 t28. The fitting is too large to thread into the chra on the turbo.

3: bought a fitting from ATP they say will fit this turbskee. It does thread into the turbo, but the other side (where the oil line threads on) is too large. The fitting size on the ATP fitting is -4AN but the oil feed line fitting is -3AN. Fortunately for me, Earls fittings is right down the road and they were able to get me the following:

Correct size is 10x1 to -3AN

XRP 420133 is the correct part #. Earls sells them for $11 and it comes as a pack of 2, even tho you only need one.

I still do not have an answer back from Garrett regarding if the turbo requires a restrictor/what size it should be. Since it's a journal bearing turb, I assume no, but they should be providing this info on their site, or at least answering their emails. BorgWarner has all this info clearly listed on their site for all the EFR turbos. Restrictor size (built in), fitting sizes, bolt hole sizes, etc.

4: oil drain. I bought a s14/15 turbo oil drain and basically had to cut it, spin the flange 180*, and re-weld it. The drain was hitting the back of the compressor housing, on one of the bolts. I'll post video later on when I'm finished with the whole project.

Silicone couplers should be here in the next few days, then hopefully it will be ready for the Dyno. So far this install has been death by 1000 papercuts. Every simple little thing becomes another issue.

Quote:

Last edited by brndck; 10-13-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Old 10-13-2022, 03:02 PM   #40
brndck
Premium Member

Man I hate Tapatalk

Quote:
Old 10-13-2022, 04:01 PM   #41
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Not sure where you got that oil drain, but it looks ass regardless haha.

Yeah, this is definitely not plug n' play. My oil feed line is -4 from DIF, so that's interesting that ISR does a -3. The factory banjo bolt on journal bearing OEM Nissan turbos is a 1.4mm restrictor, so that might be something to think about.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:46 PM   #42
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Not sure where you got that oil drain, but it looks ass regardless haha.

Yeah, this is definitely not plug n' play. My oil feed line is -4 from DIF, so that's interesting that ISR does a -3. The factory banjo bolt on journal bearing OEM Nissan turbos is a 1.4mm restrictor, so that might be something to think about.
oil drain. For $22 i can't be mad
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...BoCKCcQAvD_BwE

i'll def be measuring the port size of all fittings and see if garrett ever replies (seriously i've sent 5 emails to them already)

ATP does also sell a banjo bolt setup for this turbo that is -4AN as well. I thought about going that route, and having a new line made all in -4AN, but it would just add more to this customers cost, with no benefit.
https://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=GBC

Quote:
Old 11-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #43
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to allKrusty_s13 is a name known to all
quick bump.
No dyno info yet, scheduled on the 9th of this month so i'll report back in a week or so.

Here's some pictures of the turbo mounted up.
OEM manifold, tomei outlet. Used a oem t28 drain that i had to cut and shorten/clock.

Drove it around last night for a little last night, and I have no frame of reference as I haven't driven a turbo SR car in some time, but it seems to come on at 3-3.2k rpm.

I'll post once i have some dyno numbers. Simple setup, 740cc injectors, e85, and the supporting mods. Unopened s14 sr20de with nistune.