Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 11:47 PM   #1
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Cool S12 - Finally Building my Retro Dream Car

So, after spending about 3.5 years in Japan, and searching HIGH and low for an S12 worth half a damn (I had 4 sold out from under me) I found a decent starting project once I got back stateside TheRealSy90 and I drove out to Texas to pick up the chassis and bring it back to the great Sunrise State (AZ) !!!

BLUF: CA20E is blown, got an SR20DE and S15 6spd lined up to swap it in

Got the car sight unseen almost, knowing it didn't run and [seller] couldn't figure out why. Get it back home to diagnose later (work ramped up for a few weeks)

Replaced the battery and crank but no start. Checked for spark but was unsure of timing...checked for fuel and found the pump wasn't cranking. R2'd the pump with an S13 pump, and the relay just in case. Still no fuel, and no start when crank.

Gave it a few weeks, came back and checked compression with a mate...Cyl 1 was at 0...Cyl 2 was at 30? AND THEN, the bitch tried to fire up...the distributor was disconnected...and she shook like Fukushima!

Figured either it was mistimed, or it jumped. Regardless, she's blown. I don't quite care for a CA20E enough to seek a rebuild so we're headed into S12 build phase 1! SR20DE!

Waiting on my import to get here so I can sell that and help fund this a bit.

Tune in next time for more of my 80's nightmare!

P.S. I'M SO SORRY FOR THE GIGANTIC PICTURES!

(sticker from FreshTango always gotta support the homies and be a degenerate somehow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Congrats on your project, but this is not a build thread. I approved it to serve as a warning to others that we're looking for builds, not ideas. It's clearly stated in the sticky at the top what sort of parameters need met.

The sticky: https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=449877

The most salient snippet of that post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Threads in this section will require moderator approval before posting, and all threads consisting of parts lists and "I plan to..." with no actual building taking place will not be approved. Same applies for still-stock cars with a cache of yet-to-be installed parts. Very seriously here. If you want your thread approved, the thing to do is shoot your shot right from the first post. Incomplete, no-building and hopes and dreams builds will be deleted every time. No, we do not send a message to inform you that your thread was not approved, this post should inform you right out front why it was not.
Closed Thread