Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:07 AM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Sega vs Nintendo!!! GO!!!

Ok, since most of everyone posting on here now is OLD (yes, Im referring to ALL of you)... time for a good discussion since Im watching a video about it.

Sega Master System vs NES... or Sega Genesis vs Super Nintendo!

GO!!!!!!!!!!

8 bit and 16 bit ONLY! No Dreamcast vs N64 vs PSX vs Xbox.

Which was your favorite? Why was it great? What made it better than the other? Sonic vs Mario? Blast processing vs Mode 7? Peach vs Bowsette? oh wait... wrong console generation LOL

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2022, 08:15 AM   #2
PhilthyS13
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
PhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfectionPhilthyS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
NES > Master System
Never even saw a master system. But also never saw R.O.B. in the flesh either. Super Mario 1-3, Tyson’s punch out, excitebike, Legend of Zelda, TMNT, double dragon, contra, Metroid, Megaman, Tecmo Bowl, Ikari Warriors (brothers?) and I forget the rest.
Never called the tip line, but I guess that was a thing. I think a few friends had the Power Glove but it wasn’t that cool.
Peak NES was going to the local premier of The Wizard and they gave us issues of Nintendo Power. That was a sweet mag.

I call Genesis v SNES a toss up.

Super Mario world was cool, but Mario cart with a 4 splitter was the best. All the “super” sequels were pretty good. I started playing final fantasy on SNES, I forgot the number. NBA jam, sim city and mortal combat were good.
I had one friend with super scope. It was cool, I forgot all the games but they were fun

Genesis
Sonic was cool but in a different way than Mario. I had genesis first and later SNES. Games I really liked were Rambo III, Pirates! Gold (still my all time fave), altered beast (poooower up), golden axe, Desert Strike (I think I have one of the sequels too), populous, smash tv and Madden/College Football’s National Championship.

It was also cool that 1. There were still arcades and 2. Many games were available in both like NBA Jam.

I don’t think anyone I knew had one, but Turbo Grafx 16 was around too. I always heard about Neo Geo but supposedly the games were like 500 bucks so nobody had them.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:36 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
a really good vid of NES vs SMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoddAPZD7Pc

Old 04-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #4
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I had both Sega Genesis and SNES as a kid.

I like both...

And 30 years later gaming companies are tripping our nostalgia buttons by releasing a lot of IP that was top tier back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6wK4GJds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3LAkr0ANgw

Edit: @dorki How come your previews are working and mine aren't...

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:42 AM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
got a snes. For a while i was hooked on street fighter. Original system from the 90's, controls cartridges and everything. Havent hooked it up since we moved last year. Currently playing guitar hero on the wii
Old 04-22-2022, 10:50 AM   #6
Umi_R98

Trader Rating: (0)
Umi_R98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NES was way more fun than Sega Master System. Only knew a couple of people that had them, and they also had an NES.

TGFX16 my cousin had it, small game library. Played Bonk & R-Type and thats it, then go back to playing the SNES or Genesis.

I would say SNES & Genesis are pretty equal for me, great libraries & always had a ball playing either system.

Sonic vs Mario? SONIC ftw.
Umi_R98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:17 PM   #7
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
Never had SMS it i still have NES from 1987. F me i sold my snes and genesis though. I really miss sega. Now I’m trying to buy old systems and games again
GrimDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A little off topic but I still have my Sega Game Gear and man does it rock!
Ah the good old days of playing Sonic til your fingers locked up.

Back on topic NES was the SHIT!!! So many classic games and endless hours on Mario bros and Duck Hunt.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A DOG 406 View Post
A little off topic but I still have my Sega Game Gear and man does it rock!
Ah the good old days of playing Sonic til your fingers locked up.

Back on topic NES was the SHIT!!! So many classic games and endless hours on Mario bros and Duck Hunt.
you were on topic with the Game Gear... its the Sega Vs Nintendo thread dude

Old 07-11-2022, 05:24 PM   #10
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
man hard choice here but i would go with super nintendo. Mario cart and street fighter were my favorite along with many other games. Although i really liked sega genesis killer instict. Good old days
Old 07-11-2022, 05:48 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
Although i really liked sega genesis killer instinct.
Killer Instinct was ported to the SNES dude