Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #1231
NoBrakes!

Trader Rating: (0)
NoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 rb20det turbo inlet elbow

ok guys i been searching all through this thread with no avail but im in a unique situation so i didnt expect to find much.

i have a rb20det missing the oem turbo inlet elbow. i am trying to get something on there that works asap but im strapped for cash (college student). getting a "new" one from japan right now for 100 is out the question.

i know that the rb20 and 25 inlet elbows are different diameters so that wouldnt be something i could swap over without doing the turbo upgrade.

I am trying to see if there is any other vehicle that uses the same part where i may be able to get faster than the one straight from a rb20. my friend has the inlet elbow from a sr20det that looks the same but i dont know if its the same diameter. if that will fit that would be perfect. please help me out!
Old 09-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #1232
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
No...need to souce one used..check ebay and local forums. U can even have one fabbed up from aluminum or steel
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #1233
BenRice
Leaky Injector

BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Do you mean the inlet hose that goes from the AFM/MAF to the compressor inlet and has ports for the rocker breather and BOV/recirc valve return?
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #1234
NMcCabe2gX

NMcCabe2gX is an unknown quantity at this point
RB Rb25det neo

What's up guys, so I have a 1991 S13 240sx project in the works at the moment. It's a complete shell and I'm closing in on the time to put a motor in it and start putting things back together. I've been through nearly every motor swap idea possible, but finally landed on the RB25DET NEO. I've done as much research as the internet will allow me, but I've still got a few questions in terms of how difficult the NEO swap will prove to be over a normal RB25DET. What I'm afraid of is, if I buy a NEO, is there a solid (or even enough of an) aftermarket to support it and what exactly is needed if I go that route? I've seen multiple different parts that have been throw around this forum site, forums from Australia, any forum that might hold any information I've probably been through but I want to make sure I can 100% make this happen before diving in head first. Any experience/information y'all could provide would be awesome.
NMcCabe2gX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #1235
Yad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hello guys i have aquestion regarding rb25det with ka24de transmission.what kind clutch flywheel como do i need?someone has info on the swap
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #1236
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Z32 na.....
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote