Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
Zenkilove490
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Zenkilove490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S14 fuel pump removal

So im stumped on how to remove the fuel pump assembly out of my 97 240sx.

Fuel lines out the way and connections unplugged and moved out the way.

I can slide the assembly up on the bracket but it only slides so much where it feels like it hits something when i try the pull it out.

I can hardly see so im not sure if there are clips im forgetting idk every video i see everyone just pulls it out very easy.

Ive been wiggling and pulling and trying to figure out wtf is going on for the past 45min

Any advise would be much appreciated 😆
Zenkilove490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
RaNMaN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
RaNMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Grab it by the pu***.

There is an lip on the edge of it, when it slides to the end of the rail it hits the edge and can be difficult to get off. It's self explanatory if you can get some light in there so that you can see it.
RaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
Zenkilove490
Zilvia Junkie

Im trying to but its a pain in the pu$$..

It slides up and just doesnt wanna come out and i didnt want to break it
Old 10-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Zenkilove490
Zilvia Junkie

Do i have to push on the lip? What should i do?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
Zenkilove490
Zilvia Junkie

haa nobody knows in detail how to remove? lol
Old 10-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Be Gentle. Inspect the tank, drain the fuel out and look down inside. Reach in with a clean gloved hand and feel around the sock. Likely the sock or a wire is holding you up.

The pump will slide gently off it's hanger. I highly HIGHLY recommend you get a really good look and FEEL the pump slide up and down many, many times, before attempting to completely remove it from the tank. The fact you have not been able to remove it yet is a GOOD THING because to be honest, one of the hardest things to do is REINSTALL the pump correctly. This is because of 2 reasons:
1. the pump sock is easy to mis-direct. It must be placed a very specific orientation in the tank for it to work like it should.
2. The pump "hanger" (sliding up and down on the bracket) is difficult to "seat" for a beginner. This is why I suggested you slide it and inspect it SEVERAL TIMES before removing it from the tank.

Let me tell you a story. Go back to 2004. I had already done two or three fuel pump installs at the time, so I KNEW what to expect. And even so, I had a LOT of trouble putting that pump back on the hanger like it was supposed to go. So here is what I tried next. I brought my friend with me, who doesn't work on cars at all. I told him "put ur hand in the tank and feel the pump, slide it up and down on the hanger until you think you know exactly how it goes". Once he did this for a few minutes, I let him pull it out and we replaced it. Then, I let HIM put the pump back into the tank (hes never done anything like this before). Within 30 SECONDS he had it correctly back on the hanger good to go, whereas it had taken me almost an HOUR the previous attempt to do the same thing, because I just ripped the pump out of the tank without "feeling" the hanger orientation first.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I knew I'd run into a thread eventually about this. I took out the bracket and pump hanger and took a good picture of it. I'll dig it up once I get my memory card from work and post up for you OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote