Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #61
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love how indecisive you are with bumpers, all of them looked great though. Love lavender frost and this car in general.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #62
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I love how indecisive you are with bumpers, all of them looked great though. Love lavender frost and this car in general.
Thanks! It really is a problem haha.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:02 PM   #63
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Made some changes. Again.

Converted to 5lug, still on s13 brakes. Drives so much better with the larger wheels.

Current specs:

5zigen Pro Racer
F: 17x9.5 +8 (+38 with 30MM spacer) - 215/40r17
R: 18x9.5 +13 (+38 with 25MM spacer) - 225/40r18

Ill grab some more pictures soon. Im on the hunt for some wide front fenders, and I have a wing that needs to be painted.

Last edited by Krusty_s13; 11-21-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Krusty_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #64
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
So good man

Followed you on insta
Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #65
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Small update.

Rode around on the Pro Racers for a while, then came across some model 6's locally and had to have them.

Set them up with a 215/40 RS-R front and 235/40 595SS rear.

17x9 +40 with a 25mm spacer, square.

Then I got the chance to pick up the only set of wheels anyone should ever keep stashed forever. These definitely put a dent in my engine plans for the rest of the year but I couldn't let them pass.

17x9 +15 - 215/40r17
18x9.5 +12 - 225/40r18

I will snap some better pictures of it soon.

Keeping busy refitting all of the interior pieces. Installed some kicker door speakers and a dual din headunit. I have also started piecing together a turbo kit for the NA SR20. Simple t25/370/93 pump gas setup. I will get to that at some point!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:04 AM   #66
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
"The only set of wheels anyone should keep stashed forever"

:mychest:
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:07 AM   #67
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlmdCpe View Post

They're so good! Going to hunt for another pair of 17x9's though
Old 08-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #68
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlmdCpe View Post

:mychestalso:

hahaha, love this car! Looks amazing.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #69
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
:mychestalso:

hahaha, love this car! Looks amazing.
LOL

Thanks! It's finally coming together. A few small details to iron out and it should be good to go.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:10 AM   #70
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
as a fellow TE lover...

:mychesticles:

I love this coupe. You did well. Perfect blend of modified, but not over the top.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #71
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
as a fellow TE lover...

:mychesticles:

I love this coupe. You did well. Perfect blend of modified, but not over the top.
Thanks! Sometimes less is more my friend. Simple cars are always the best!
Old 08-21-2019, 05:49 PM   #72
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
When SlmdCpe told me you got these wheels I had to come look. I LOVE THIS CAR.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:29 AM   #73
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
When SlmdCpe told me you got these wheels I had to come look. I LOVE THIS CAR.
Haha, thanks dude! I am really liking the silver TE's on this car. Meshes so well with the lavender.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #74
kennedy8383
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kennedy8383 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where did you buy the rear quarter panel?
kennedy8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #75
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Jp fiberglass
Old 10-02-2019, 07:34 AM   #76
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Not much happening with the car as of yet. Had to replace the 4.6 diff with a stock ratio diff because the 4.6 whines so much that it is unbearable to drive. There is some play in the pinion so I am sure the shop that did the work did not set the pinion height correctly. I'll be tearing apart the 4.6 to redo it all.

Installed a coverlay and finished painting/installing the rest of the interior pieces that I will be running. Dont mind the center console, I will be painting that soon. Working on prototyping a hvac block off plate that bolts to the trim piece.

Pulled the roll center correction kit because the added track width didn't look right to me, I will be purchasing drop knuckles soon.

Wen't streeting with some friends last weekend and snapped some pictures.

Very happy with the current iteration of the car.
Waiting on a s14 K's wing to arrive. Ill be fixing some bumper damage and repainting some panels on the car.

I plan to refit the 4.6 soon, make an exhaust for the car, and just keep enjoying it.
Slowly working on collecting everything I will need for a simple t25 setup but that will happen sometime next year.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #77
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Fine...i'll come out and say it.

Please stay wingless or d-max wing at most.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #78
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Fine...i'll come out and say it.

Please stay wingless or d-max wing at most.
Haha, figured I'd give the s14 wing a shot. I have a spare trunk that I'll install it on and paint. Will try the dmax thing out as well, see which one I like best.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #79
JunethePS13

JunethePS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quick back story, my buddy reposted your page in his insta story right.. i followed, went about my day. Decided that since buying my first s-chassis in feb, it’s about time i joined Zilvia to look for some stateside parts. So i’m scrolling through the builds thread and yours caught my eye. It wasn’t until i was 10 mins into reading it that i saw you bought a 3d printer.. i then noticed your signature and it all clicked. Anyways, the internet is a very small place and i was mind blown for a second lol.

Absolutely love the car and your ever changing styling on it. Looking forward to more updates!
JunethePS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #80
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunethePS13 View Post
Quick back story, my buddy reposted your page in his insta story right.. i followed, went about my day. Decided that since buying my first s-chassis in feb, it’s about time i joined Zilvia to look for some stateside parts. So i’m scrolling through the builds thread and yours caught my eye. It wasn’t until i was 10 mins into reading it that i saw you bought a 3d printer.. i then noticed your signature and it all clicked. Anyways, the internet is a very small place and i was mind blown for a second lol.

Absolutely love the car and your ever changing styling on it. Looking forward to more updates!
Small world indeed! Thank you!

Not many updates as of yet.

Picked up tooling to redo the pinion height on my 4.6 diff. Still need to get that done.

Redid the paint on the overfenders. Giving them time to cure before I buff the whole car, it needs it bad.

Picked up some gktech knuckles and tension rods. Going to be pairing those with some s14 lcas.

Other than that, the cars been good to me. Going to focus on the little things so that it is reliable for next year. Once thats done, I will start to accumulate what I need for a Na-T setup.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #81
240sxdd
Zilvia Member

240sxdd is an unknown quantity at this point
Mark this car is so far from the white turd I saw years back. I'm proud of you my guy��
Old 11-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #82
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxdd View Post
Mark this car is so far from the white turd I saw years back. I'm proud of you my guy��
Thanks dude! It has come a long way for sure, but it is definitely far from done

To update:

Went back to Japan with the missus. Short trip to Tokyo, didn't get into anything car related but I was able to convince her to let me drag her to UpGarage one night. Snagged some corner lights and a Greddy boost controller while I was there. Starting to accumulate parts for a NA-T setup.

Saw some cool stuff in the parking lot.

Got back home to some ganadors! Prepped and painted them, and smoked the clear corners a bit to better suit the headlight. Installed everything and cleaned up the car. It had been sitting for a bit and collecting dust.

Next up,
1. Front end refresh, which will consist of GKtech drop knuckles and clearance tension rods, s14 lcas, remaned rack and new tie rods.

2. Going to have the car color sanded and buffed.

3. Fix pinion height on 4.6 r200 and reinstall, with new driver axle, ebc yellow rear pads

4. set up for end of year drift event on the 21st of Dec.

Thanks for keeping up!
Old 11-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #83
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Did you pick up the Ganas in Japan or stateside?
Old 11-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #84
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Did you pick up the Ganas in Japan or stateside?
Picked them up stateside from a Zilvia member.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #85
tuzzio
Post Whore!

This car just gets better and better. Suprised you're still running stock tails.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #86
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
This car just gets better and better. Suprised you're still running stock tails.
Thanks!

I'll eventually grab some aftermarket taillights and swap between them

Got the new front suspension installed this week. Car is still on stands peinding a nut and bolt check.

Front setup:
- GKtech drift/grip knuckle
- GKtech clearance tension rod
- GKtech offset rack spacer
- s14 LCA
- GKtech inner tie rod with MOOG s14 outer

Still have to clearance some things to make room for the additional steering angle. The wheel is super close to the OEM swaybar at full lock. Like, scary close. I may end up removing it and purchasing an adjustable bar.

Figured I'd give the offset rack spacers a try. I know all about the horror stories with bending racks, but this car does not see very much track time.
If I experience any issues with them, I will move my rack up.

I'll grab some pictures today and update later. Still have to fix my diff, replace an axle and figure out why my ebrake sucks.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #87
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Thanks!

I'll eventually grab some aftermarket taillights and swap between them

Got the new front suspension installed this week. Car is still on stands peinding a nut and bolt check.

Front setup:
- GKtech drift/grip knuckle
- GKtech clearance tension rod
- GKtech offset rack spacer
- s14 LCA
- GKtech inner tie rod with MOOG s14 outer

Still have to clearance some things to make room for the additional steering angle. The wheel is super close to the OEM swaybar at full lock. Like, scary close. I may end up removing it and purchasing an adjustable bar.

Figured I'd give the offset rack spacers a try. I know all about the horror stories with bending racks, but this car does not see very much track time.
If I experience any issues with them, I will move my rack up.

I'll grab some pictures today and update later. Still have to fix my diff, replace an axle and figure out why my ebrake sucks.
FWIW I don't have overcentering issues using just PBM eccentric rack bushings. I have Dang Drifters knuckles and chopped off bumpstops on extended LCA's. Lock is limited by the knuckle meeting the stop-less arm, and the car has plenty of angle.

Just something to keep in mind, I've destroyed a rack and the offset spacer itself running them.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #88
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
FWIW I don't have overcentering issues using just PBM eccentric rack bushings. I have Dang Drifters knuckles and chopped off bumpstops on extended LCA's. Lock is limited by the knuckle meeting the stop-less arm, and the car has plenty of angle.

Just something to keep in mind, I've destroyed a rack and the offset spacer itself running them.
Hmm. I did chop off the steering stop as well.
Were you out drifitng when you destroyed the rack?
From reading different stories about these, The lateral force from driving the car and steering it side to side shouldnt be enough to bend the rack. The bending should be from either a dirt drop or hitting something that would load the tierod inward toward the rack and effectively bend it because of the displaced load path to the rack.

That was my determination for running them, but I'd love to hear what happened to your rack. I may just grab some eccentric bushings and try that out.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #89
tuzzio
Post Whore!

For what its also worth, (I have 0 experience with this) I've heard horror stories about those PBM bushings and the rack itself sliding in the bushings from the aluminum not having enough clamping force.

That being said, this was some years ago at this point. They may not have been the eccentric bushings, PBM may have manufactured OEM style solid bushings that was causing the issue. Daigle switched out the bushings to ES poly bushings and never had that issue again. If this is an actual concern, I'll reach out to him and get the definitive info.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #90
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
For what its also worth, (I have 0 experience with this) I've heard horror stories about those PBM bushings and the rack itself sliding in the bushings from the aluminum not having enough clamping force.

That being said, this was some years ago at this point. They may not have been the eccentric bushings, PBM may have manufactured OEM style solid bushings that was causing the issue. Daigle switched out the bushings to ES poly bushings and never had that issue again. If this is an actual concern, I'll reach out to him and get the definitive info.
I've also heard horror stories about those eccentric bushings, but I also have zero experience with them. I guess I will now gain experience with these offset rack joints. Lets hope for the best!