Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #31
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Just wondering what psi everyone runs for drifting at the track. Figured this might help get newbies started on some sort of car set up and possible have some other intermediate drivers try something new and learn something from it.

Please post up tire size, PSI used, and around how much wheel HP you're running. If you're on a stock motor, just say that. I'll start off

Front:
255/35-18
32 psi cold

Rear:
245/40-17
45 psi cold
Around 195 whp.

Might play with the psi a bit more though.
300zx felt like a FC. Well, at least the twin turbo one, so 245 or bigger works well. 40 psi in the rear, 35 in the front.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #32
l20bdime
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
l20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA-T estimated under than 300hp.

225/35r18 federal SS front: 30psi

245/40r18 federal SS rear: 30psi

I run nitrogen in my tires which keeps the pressure from going up when the tires get hot. so its 30psi hot or cold. 18 inch federals chunk but since ive been doing this they've been really good.

when i had stock KA i ran 225/45r17 federals at 50+psi. that way you can actually make smoke with a KA.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #33
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by l20bdime View Post
KA-T estimated under than 300hp.

225/35r18 federal SS front: 30psi

245/40r18 federal SS rear: 30psi

I run nitrogen in my tires which keeps the pressure from going up when the tires get hot. so its 30psi hot or cold. 18 inch federals chunk but since ive been doing this they've been really good.

when i had stock KA i ran 225/45r17 federals at 50+psi. that way you can actually make smoke with a KA.
Yeah I don't make smoke...gonna try raising to 60psi...see what happens on the next "dry" drift event. How do you get nitrogen into your tires? have it hooked up to a tank?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #34
techtrix
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
techtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfectiontechtrix is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah just rent a nitrogen tank from a welding supply store.

Michael Essa GSR Autosport
techtrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #35
l20bdime
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
l20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of lightl20bdime is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i work at a nissan dealer and we have a machine for the GTR's where you hook up hoses and it drains out the old air and adds nitrogen, then repeats to make sure its pure.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #36
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

wow...that's pretty amazing.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #37
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coty_garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump to get this thread going again lol
coty_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #38
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
40psi on any and all tires on my car. Hot or cold, when I check, if its not 40, I will set it to 40psi.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #39
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
25psi front
19psi rear
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #40
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
I totally agree with citytire and tire pressure is very dependent on many factors. Granted, there is somewhat of a starting point, but it really depends on what youa re after. I like to run a lower pressure so the tires grip more and i can drift faster.

Rule of thumb is, if you want more grip lower the pressure and less grip you increase the pressure.

It definately pays to have a good "calibrated" if possible guage. Some of the crap you can buy at autozone etc could potentially be off from what it's reading.

If your serious about drifting, tire pressure is a BIG deal. If not and just have fun, just play around with it and see how you like the feel of the car and how it reacts under different pressures.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #41
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by l20bdime View Post
i work at a nissan dealer and we have a machine for the GTR's where you hook up hoses and it drains out the old air and adds nitrogen, then repeats to make sure its pure.
The Bee-R B5 wheels actually have dual valve stems for this purpose. I'm surprised alot of other wheel manufacturers havn't caught on.

You basically get a more balanced tire as well in addition to lower tire temps.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #42
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Stock S14 SR
F: 225/35/18 Federal SS595 40 psi cold
R: 225/40/18 Delinte D7 45 psi cold

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #43
NERPtech

Trader Rating: (0)
NERPtech is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Measuring cold tire pressure isn't going to do you any good. Most tires aren't going to heat up the same as the next brand. I have started with 40 cold in the rear after 1 lap was up to 68 ish.

I have found at 150whp that
Front 30psi hot
Rears 36-40 psi hot. Depending on the wheel and tire I have on. Ranging from 215/45 - 235/40 ish
NERPtech is offline   Reply With Quote