Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-30-2015, 07:15 PM   #631
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Those S15 lights are amazing.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2015, 04:27 AM   #632
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #633
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Kind words. I'll oblige with 2 more photos of some recent work.

People need to pay careful attention to my "more is less" philosophy. This is a factory HID-spec S15 headlight, brand new. Upgraded to dual LED configuration w/ high-output high beam bulbs. Its all plug-and-play, just like stock.

Nice setup for an S15 customer down under.
pics of car this is going on?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #634
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

It's called a NISSAN S15 Silvia. It was not sold here in the US, only available overseas.

;-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #635
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to upgrade my stock s13 sealed deals.

Is the kit frsport sells a decent deal?
(http://www.frsport.com/FRSPORT-1140-...13_p_1390.html)

or would I be better off piecing together something on my own?
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 PM   #636
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
How are these H4 LED bulbs? They seem to be a favourite among motorcyclists (http://lightingmycycle.com/2014/08/2...lb-hands-down/). They retain low and high beam, which is nice. I assume they are not as bright as drop-in HID's, but that is probably a good thing in regular reflector housings, as long as they are at least on par with standard halogen bulbs.
Do they actually have a fan inside? Is the fan loud? Is the output just false advertising, like blue-coated bulbs or LED tower bulbs?

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 AM   #637
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
An Incandescent filament emits light nearly 360* from a very specific focal point. Replacement LED "bulbs" certainly do not and you will get poor light distribution which can also include hot spots and shadows. The light is often narrow and not enough is thrown down the road, it's all kind of an even wash, which leads you to focus on the area right in front of you. This is horrible for motorcycles where safety is a great concern. My advice is do not even try. The only good option for LED is a sealed beam replacement and even then some halogen replacements will outperform, or an HID projector retrofitted housing with oem components certainly will.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #638
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...900-evolution/

^ You guys realize that there are actually companies that exist, that spend the time, money and resources to engineer a product specifically for our application?

DOT compliant, as marked on the lenses. Ugly looking, though...

Seriously, I start to wonder if you guys even think about these things. Come on Matej... get it together, baby.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #639
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

The truck lite units look much better than jwspeaker. I don't have first hand experience with either though.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #640
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Care to share some strobe lights on a 180sx? (Track use only) ;_;
Old 05-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #641
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
The truck lite units look much better than jwspeaker. I don't have first hand experience with either though.
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...50C_0357629851

No cheap, but cool. Someone did it, there's write up light output too...

Saw them on sale once for $180 each, employee price is $178 IIRC.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #642
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
^ those look cool. It's neat to see LED headlamp replacements (which look to be well designed) hitting the market.

here is another option from GE:

http://www.amazon.com/GE-NIGHTHAWK-R...NR35ME8SCKVQK3

http://www.amazon.com/Grote-90951-5-...097911-1952665
Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #643
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...900-evolution/

^ You guys realize that there are actually companies that exist, that spend the time, money and resources to engineer a product specifically for our application?

DOT compliant, as marked on the lenses. Ugly looking, though...

Seriously, I start to wonder if you guys even think about these things. Come on Matej... get it together, baby.
Do not have 7x5" headlights anymore, just a car that happens to use H4 bulbs as well.
No LED bulbs for me then, until LED projectors become more available for retrofitting.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #644
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
No cheap, but cool. Someone did it, there's write up light output too...Saw them on sale once for $180 each, employee price is $178 IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
^ those look cool. It's neat to see LED headlamp replacements (which look to be well designed) hitting the market.
I think they're all fucking butt ugly. And on top of that, the price is fucking silly.

People talk about how long the LED last, so its a worth-while investment. What about the construction of the light? Its fucking plastic, which means the lenses are easily damaged from road debris AND UV exposure.

Maybe I'm just too old school, but if you ask me its no fucking comparison. I'd toss a few bucks towards a Hella or Cibie e-code and call it a day. Glass and metal construction, the end.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #645
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
I posted this up a couple pages back. These are the JWspeaker 8900 on my coupe before properly aiming. The price is hard to swallow. Luckily im setup wholesale with them and figured to give it a try. I love the lights but i also feel a cibie e-code setup with proper bulbs would be right up the alley. The only issue with cibie e-code is the ease of purchase IE click and order for most of the guys on this forum. I tried to bring them in in bulk but haven't found a source reliable enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Started looking into better lighting for the pop ups. I have a set of cibie e codes coming in. Here im testing a set of jw speaker 8900. Super costly but ill be offering it to the community at a price below what it is online. Havent finished aiming them.

tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #646
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I had silviaks2nr do my D2s retro fit, beyond pleased with look and performance of them so far. Thanks again man

icedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #647
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
I had silviaks2nr do my D2s retro fit, beyond pleased with look and performance of them so far. Thanks again man

Looks good 👍

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #648
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
So cool!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyir7t2mToM

Old 07-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #649
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Let's get this going again!

LED 3rd brake light conversion with factory red diffused lens. Lettering shaved and restored to a high sheen. The light uses an OEM tbl superflex LED module with an inner jewel lens that focuses the LEDs before they are diffused through the OEM red lens. This is how the optics were designed for the original light as well. The nice thing is it's plug and play and just uses taillight sealant to seal it to the body. Excuse the remains of the factory foam seal in the photos!

Thanks to icedsole for the pics!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:28 PM   #650
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
That is so clean looking!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #651
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mikeyee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mikeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #652
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^Thats hot

Old 09-08-2015, 07:21 PM   #653
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
There's a lot going on here

Old 09-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #654
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

A lot of dumb. Yes.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #655
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
There's a lot going on here
Quote:
A lot of dumb. Yes.
I concur.

Just because its shiny, doesnt mean its good.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:02 AM   #656
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Y'all crazy. That thing is smooth.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #657
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Y'all crazy. That thing is smooth.
That giant light bar on the inside of the glass is not going to help. Assuming it isn't there just for looks, when its dark he will turn it on and the light will hit the window and blind the driver, not to mention anyone in front of the car with it being right at rearview mirror level.

Clean car, yes. Full of good ideas, no.
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #658
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

'I made my headlights super shitty so I'll put this giant light bar inside the car'

drives with head out window at night...
Old 09-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #659
FeArZ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
FeArZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Those mirrors
FeArZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #660
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyee View Post

Mike is the best dude.