Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zangetsu1223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Build for Drift beginners?

my name is Jean and i am trying to get in the drifting scene and i have just started saving up..i think i got 2k for now and i plan to raise it up to 5k and i am looking for a 240sx so that i could turn it into a drift machine..any ideas? suggestions? sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
new2sr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
new2sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Ill be nice, which most on here wont be, trust me.

Try dealerships, ebay, auctions, autotrader, craigslist, local newspaper.

if its something ur gonna beat up on, just find something with as little as rust as possible that runs since ur probably gonna hit shit with it when drifting.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Find a stock 240 on craigslist. Buy the biggest bodykit you can, a fake bride seat, some emusa coilovers, and weld your diff (pinion to spool is usually the best way to do it)...

Thats pretty much the basis to every professional built drift car.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Lots of stickers and the car has to be a TOTAL piece of shit. Preferrably it should leak oil uncontrollably, smoke, cut-out randomly, and have wires hanging all over the place. When in doubt with wiring use the house style twist-connectors, those are rad for drifting. Also every single piece of bodywork MUST be held on with zip-ties. If not your ride will never be "drift ready"...

Old 11-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I started with a s13 coupe with KYB lower springs bought it for $2100 with a rebuilt KA24DE, still runs like a champ. Starting stock is the best way to go so you actually learn how your car handles. Stock as in go to your first event with just that. No welded diff, not even lower springs like I had. Just simply learn your vehicle. Then after you have learned your vehicle go for a stiffer suspension, stiffer the better for drifting, my next upgrade for the drift car was PBM coilovers(love them, stiff as hell) and weld the diff. Oh and I purchased a Koyo Radiator because I found my stock KA overheating at the first event. Now it runs cold on the freeways since I don't have the $$ to tow my car out, and it runs perfect at the events. I am no professional at drifting yet I am going to my 4th drift event this month with the following upgrade: PBM coilovers, Tein Inner Tie Rods, SPL Outer Tie Rods, just replaced steering rack bushings, modded stock s13 knuckles (more angle), Sparco Racing Seat, and a NRG HUB, NRG QR, and Nardi steering wheel (so the wheel sits closer to me).

I hope this gives you a little idea of what to do.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sr20 View Post
Ill be nice, which most on here wont be, trust me.

Try dealerships, ebay, auctions, autotrader, craigslist, local newspaper.

if its something ur gonna beat up on, just find something with as little as rust as possible that runs since ur probably gonna hit shit with it when drifting.
hey i appreciate it man and yeah im definitely gonna beat on it..also, i was keeping track of the 240s in craigslist and i found a couple of them there..they got rolling shells, stocks and KAs from 2.5k to 6k..

Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Find a stock 240 on craigslist. Buy the biggest bodykit you can, a fake bride seat, some emusa coilovers, and weld your diff (pinion to spool is usually the best way to do it)...

Thats pretty much the basis to every professional built drift car.
lol that fake bride seats kind of cracked me up..anyway that emusa coilovers are they any good? cuz ive never heard of them..

Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Lots of stickers and the car has to be a TOTAL piece of shit. Preferrably it should leak oil uncontrollably, smoke, cut-out randomly, and have wires hanging all over the place. When in doubt with wiring use the house style twist-connectors, those are rad for drifting. Also every single piece of bodywork MUST be held on with zip-ties. If not your ride will never be "drift ready"...

tnx for the advice i guess

Old 11-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass8 View Post
I started with a s13 coupe with KYB lower springs bought it for $2100 with a rebuilt KA24DE, still runs like a champ. Starting stock is the best way to go so you actually learn how your car handles. Stock as in go to your first event with just that. No welded diff, not even lower springs like I had. Just simply learn your vehicle. Then after you have learned your vehicle go for a stiffer suspension, stiffer the better for drifting, my next upgrade for the drift car was PBM coilovers(love them, stiff as hell) and weld the diff. Oh and I purchased a Koyo Radiator because I found my stock KA overheating at the first event. Now it runs cold on the freeways since I don't have the $$ to tow my car out, and it runs perfect at the events. I am no professional at drifting yet I am going to my 4th drift event this month with the following upgrade: PBM coilovers, Tein Inner Tie Rods, SPL Outer Tie Rods, just replaced steering rack bushings, modded stock s13 knuckles (more angle), Sparco Racing Seat, and a NRG HUB, NRG QR, and Nardi steering wheel (so the wheel sits closer to me).

I hope this gives you a little idea of what to do.
good luck on your upcoming event dude and yeah it definitely helps man..i work at autozone and im familiar with that KYB coils also that PBM is it any good? and what about differentials? where can i get good ones?

this is "kind of" my wishlist:
mishimoto radiator
enkei rims
megan coils
greddy exhaust
KN intake
turbonetics
sparco seats

Old 11-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I heard 240s are not good for drifting.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
I heard 240s are not good for drifting.
yo are u serious?,u know most of the drifters use 240sx or have used it..

Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zangetsu1223 View Post
yo are u serious?,u know most of the drifters use 240sx or have used it..

Yeah, he's totally serious. Civics are best for drifting...

Your "kind-of wishlist" sucks BTW.

Look, we see this EXACT SAME THREAD once a month. You really need to invest more of your time learning a lot of stuff. Make zilvia a part of your daily routine. Search here and on google for "drift car setup" and "drifting techniques" and start to develop a basic knowledge of what you want to do. Once you've got a basic knowledge, go to some drift events, talk to people, learn stuff. You can't learn everything you want by posting a dumbass thread asking to be spoonfed information when you don't even really know what information you want or need. This doesn't happen overnight. It takes YEARS of dedication and research to become knowledgeable in what you want to know.

I would advise you to initially focus more on learning to ACTUALLY DRIVE the car before you just jump into drifting. Drifting is a driving technique, NOT a sport. It is not the first one you need to learn. Go to some trackdays and spend some time with their instructors. Get comfortable driving a car ACTUALLY FAST and develop some basic driving techniques. This basic foundation is necessary if you want to be any good at drifting.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
xoxide
Post Whore!

I seriously regret seeing this guys location....
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Look, we see this EXACT SAME THREAD once a month. You really need to invest more of your time learning a lot of stuff. Make zilvia a part of your daily routine. Search here and on google for "drift car setup" and "drifting techniques" and start to develop a basic knowledge of what you want to do. Once you've got a basic knowledge, go to some drift events, talk to people, learn stuff. You can't learn everything you want by posting a dumbass thread asking to be spoonfed information when you don't even really know what information you want or need. This doesn't happen overnight. It takes YEARS of dedication and research to become knowledgeable in what you want to know.

I would advise you to initially focus more on learning to ACTUALLY DRIVE the car before you just jump into drifting. Drifting is a driving technique, NOT a sport. It is not the first one you need to learn. Go to some trackdays and spend some time with their instructors. Get comfortable driving a car ACTUALLY FAST and develop some basic driving techniques. This basic foundation is necessary if you want to be any good at drifting.
well yeah dude i know that it takes years but it dont hurt to ask ya know and thats how i learn too..
there arent really tracks here in j-ville so if i ever get one, i dont know where to take it and yes i totally agree on that part when u said that posting threads here and there wont make u a good drifter but while im saving up money for that 240sx i want to get the most ideas that i can..organize them..

ive been looking at videos and threads like the drift bible, drifting.com, etc and i dont want to be spoonfed either because i know its all through hardwork man..

it might stupid and ridiculous for ya but this would help me avoid some of the basic crap that needs to be avoided when getting started..

Old 11-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:

and hey i appreciate u being honest bro and one more question, civics really? i know u can drift FWDs but civics?..i know you are talking about the EGs, EKs and others

Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I seriously regret seeing this guys location....
now why is that?

Old 11-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
xoxide
Post Whore!

Its rather embarassing seeing someone from the same city who is incapable of searching and doing their own research.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Its rather embarassing seeing someone from the same city who is incapable of searching and doing their own research.
ive been looking through these forums and others too..i dont really think thats incapable..but its true that i'm a little naive and dumb but thats because idk shit bout this stuff thats y i ask..

Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
CharCharXD
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
CharCharXD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The noob bashers of zilvia strike again lol
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharCharXD View Post
The noob bashers of zilvia strike again lol
yo charchar your name is familiar..are u by any chance that same charchar from psn?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
good luck on your upcoming event dude and yeah it definitely helps man..i work at autozone and im familiar with that KYB coils also that PBM is it any good? and what about differentials? where can i get good ones?

this is "kind of" my wishlist:
mishimoto radiator
enkei rims
megan coils
greddy exhaust
KN intake
turbonetics
sparco seats

Thanks man. I like PBM because they are stiff in other words I wouldn't want to daily drive on PBMs. If you are on a budget id say Megan's I was planning on those but I figured I should go big so I spent the $1200. I wouldn't purchase expensive 17inch+ wheels at first I am running stock 15inch SE wheels because they are small and very easy to spin the wheels, which is needed for an under powered KA.

You need to make plans and figure out what you want to do. Like is the 240sx going to be a track car or a daily and a drift car. Do you plan to keep the KA and turbo it or just keep it stock and wait till it blows up to swap in a different engine.

For my plans I am waiting for the KA to blow up to swap in a v8. Only thing I did was better cooling which is key for a drift car since your beating the shit out of it. Message me if you have any more questions

Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass8 View Post
Thanks man. I like PBM because they are stiff in other words I wouldn't want to daily drive on PBMs. If you are on a budget id say Megan's I was planning on those but I figured I should go big so I spent the $1200. I wouldn't purchase expensive 17inch+ wheels at first I am running stock 15inch SE wheels because they are small and very easy to spin the wheels, which is needed for an under powered KA.

You need to make plans and figure out what you want to do. Like is the 240sx going to be a track car or a daily and a drift car. Do you plan to keep the KA and turbo it or just keep it stock and wait till it blows up to swap in a different engine.

For my plans I am waiting for the KA to blow up to swap in a v8. Only thing I did was better cooling which is key for a drift car since your beating the shit out of it. Message me if you have any more questions

thats nice dude..imma go check on that PBMs and for the wheels, i'm not gonna go right away with enkei but i will go for used and cheap ones..

and yeah you're right..i need to make plans for all that stuff cuz as of right now i'm just happy go lucky lol

as for the engine, imma wait until it blows and then swap it with either a 2jzgte or rb26dett if possible and affordable cuz those two caught my eye

Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
poor lil fella. he never even knew what hit him.....

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
poor lil fella. he never even knew what hit him.....
man, of course i mean shit i just moved to this country like 2 years ago so i really dont know so why dont ya enlighten me?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sadly you already found out that zilvia is ruthless to the noobies. We have all been there, but sometimes it is best to keep quiet. lol that is what I personally learned. You will catch on with time. Keep an eye on open threads where you might be able to ask a quick question without getting flamed. Just don't thread jack. The main issue people have here is using the search. There is a reason for that: 99% of things have been covered AT LEAST twice. lol It might take time but search. If you can't find the answer, look for the "Small Questions" thread.

As for the guy above saying he has PBM coils, that doesn't really help you. It is the spring rates that you want to know about. I don't know what PBM runs stock, but spring rates really make a difference in stiffness. Like Fortune Auto runs 8k front and 6k rear springs (I think), yet I know i will be ordering my set with 10k front and 8k rear.

I am going to shoot down your fanboi dreams here but forget about all parts you think you want unless you really know about them. With a 5k budget, good luck. I will be spending over 3k in suspension components alone this winter and that doesn't even include my 5 lug swap, rims, tires, and brakes. Forget about engine swaps. Buy a stock 240 and change only the suspension and weld up the diff. Push the piss out of that car and get used to that. Believe me, 150hp is more than enough contrary to popular belief. A 2jz or RB26 are both insane swaps that will result in your death or you selling the unfinished project out of rage. Keep it simple. KA-t, SR20, maybe a 1Jz, Rb20 or RB25. But focus on handling first. I have a car with a relatively stock SR20 but I am putting all of my focus on suspension first. The best drivers (yes, drivers. not just drifters) always recommend learning with a low powered car. Take that advice and take small steps.

You might not have tracks in the area, but keep an eye out on local forums for drift events. People sometimes organize events in large open parking lots, just like they do with auto-x. Just keep it off the streets. Yes we all "accidentally" kick the clutch going around an on/off ramp every now and then, but don't make it an every day occurrence.

Good luck, reality is going to hit you hard...I was prepared and I know it sat me down!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post
Sadly you already found out that zilvia is ruthless to the noobies. We have all been there, but sometimes it is best to keep quiet. lol that is what I personally learned. You will catch on with time. Keep an eye on open threads where you might be able to ask a quick question without getting flamed. Just don't thread jack. The main issue people have here is using the search. There is a reason for that: 99% of things have been covered AT LEAST twice. lol It might take time but search. If you can't find the answer, look for the "Small Questions" thread.

As for the guy above saying he has PBM coils, that doesn't really help you. It is the spring rates that you want to know about. I don't know what PBM runs stock, but spring rates really make a difference in stiffness. Like Fortune Auto runs 8k front and 6k rear springs (I think), yet I know i will be ordering my set with 10k front and 8k rear.

I am going to shoot down your fanboi dreams here but forget about all parts you think you want unless you really know about them. With a 5k budget, good luck. I will be spending over 3k in suspension components alone this winter and that doesn't even include my 5 lug swap, rims, tires, and brakes. Forget about engine swaps. Buy a stock 240 and change only the suspension and weld up the diff. Push the piss out of that car and get used to that. Believe me, 150hp is more than enough contrary to popular belief. A 2jz or RB26 are both insane swaps that will result in your death or you selling the unfinished project out of rage. Keep it simple. KA-t, SR20, maybe a 1Jz, Rb20 or RB25. But focus on handling first. I have a car with a relatively stock SR20 but I am putting all of my focus on suspension first. The best drivers (yes, drivers. not just drifters) always recommend learning with a low powered car. Take that advice and take small steps.

You might not have tracks in the area, but keep an eye out on local forums for drift events. People sometimes organize events in large open parking lots, just like they do with auto-x. Just keep it off the streets. Yes we all "accidentally" kick the clutch going around an on/off ramp every now and then, but don't make it an every day occurrence.

Good luck, reality is going to hit you hard...I was prepared and I know it sat me down!
tnx man that was really an eye opener for me and now i know where to start with..imma go more in depth in my research to get more info and as for the flaming, it gets annoying sure, but ill still ask questions man..

damn, necessito mucho cash for sure but one quick question though, how much should i save up to get a car and get some decent mods that will help me practice drifting?

"accidentally" lol anyway after i get my 240,
ill be attending that saturday meet in my area to gather some more info..i also know about one area that they use to drag..

Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Not sure about the Florida market but I picked up my SR powered S13 for 5k. You can probably find a decent KA powered S-chassis for 2500-3000. Then i wouldnt spend less than 1000 on coils unless they are on sale. Parts by Max (PBM) probably would work for you. I am personally going with Fortune Auto 500. Weld your diff, then spend some money on some more power (Intake, headers, exhaust) and cooling. Keep spending money to keep the car reliable while you save up money to do things right. You get what you pay for, so i recommend trying to get nothing but good parts. You might be able to get the ISIS suspension arms (Ryan Tuerck runs them on his missile so they cant be too bad for a beater). Handling is key to drifting. Power just makes it more insane once you have the basics.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
zangetsu1223
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post
Not sure about the Florida market but I picked up my SR powered S13 for 5k. You can probably find a decent KA powered S-chassis for 2500-3000. Then i wouldnt spend less than 1000 on coils unless they are on sale. Parts by Max (PBM) probably would work for you. I am personally going with Fortune Auto 500. Weld your diff, then spend some money on some more power (Intake, headers, exhaust) and cooling. Keep spending money to keep the car reliable while you save up money to do things right. You get what you pay for, so i recommend trying to get nothing but good parts. You might be able to get the ISIS suspension arms (Ryan Tuerck runs them on his missile so they cant be too bad for a beater). Handling is key to drifting. Power just makes it more insane once you have the basics.
i gotcha..the market here is pretty good from my point of view because i saw a couple of 240s on craigs that look fairly well and at low price..oh yeah as for welding your diff,can u add more info? and imma dig up the thread that talks about it..allright imma put on my training wheels take one step at a time..

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #29
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
i gotcha..the market here is pretty good from my point of view because i saw a couple of 240s on craigs that look fairly well and at low price..oh yeah as for welding your diff,can u add more info? and imma dig up the thread that talks about it..allright imma put on my training wheels take one step at a time..

I dont have personal experience with welded, but you can tell when someone has one. Google it, there is plently of info out there. I have a clutch type LSD in my S13 and love it...noisey but I like it. I am glad I never had to deal with welded diffs.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #30
GUZZLE7
Leaky Injector

GUZZLE7 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol all these guys are frigan jerks. let me help you out broseph. i dont know if you know the basics on 240s but here it is:

So you have s13 240's (1989-1994) which is going to be your best bet because they go for about half the cost of s14 240's (1995-1998) and they are a couple hundred pounds lighter which lighter is always bettter although the s14 flex points are way better and overall is a more stable chassis but dont worry about that right now just swoop up an s13. i wouldnt spend anymore than $2000 for a good running stock s13. i got my s13 shell for free. i dont know how the prices are in florida, but in northern california its like a 240sx grave yard. you can find 16 year olds driving 240's around every corner and theres like a minumum of 4 pages on craigslist worth of 240 parts in this area every day.

the s13's came with two different motors a ka24e (which is a single cam) and a ka24de (which is a dual cam). get a dual cam dont get a single cam. lol and make sure its a 5 speed. lol and the guy talking about civics drifting hes just kidding no fwd shit. gatta be manual rwd. KEEP THE STOCK exhaust and air box on it. if you know anything about back pressure and valve rim overlap for naturally aspirated cars you will know that throwing some afermarket 3 inch frigan exhaust on it loses power and the stock air box is the coldest form of air because its plummed to the outside of the car. everything else is just aftermarket hot air waste your money intake. just do a simple tune up plugs, wires, filter, all your fluids, and get your timing right. thats all you need to worry about for the motor for now. starting with the stock power is good because it will train you to have to weight transfer harder and use your speed and momentum to keep the car sideways instead of relying on power to do it all for you, that way when you get more power it will be easy for u.

ok now for suspension you must have a welded diff. vlsd is too unpredictable they are old and shitty and they sometimes open up mid drift. just weld it solid. in cali a wleded diff goes for 80 bucks or if you have an open diff in your car and you know a welder you can pull it out and have him weld the spider gears together. it literally takes more time pulling it than it does welding it, its real easy and it takes less than an hour to pull the diff. make sure the gears are cleaned off very well and theres no gear oil left on them or the weld will suck and might break. for now i would just get EMUSA coilovers they are only 400 bucks on ebay and the most important part is they are way stiffer than stock and you can go pretty low with them, unless you have the money to buy good coilovers, but like that guy said its really all about the spring rate and most important part is getting a better spring rate than stock and lower the cars center of gravity because they are like monster trucks stock. i would just use SE wheels you probably dont want to buy 17 inch rims because your going to have a tough time spinning them with the amount of power your going to have. i would try to run the least amount of camber in the rear as you can so you dont spin out every time u try to transfer back and forth and a decent amount of camber in the front so u have some tire on the ground for when your at full lock. get a drift button on the e-brake they are only 10 bucks that way you can use the ebrake without it locking and maybe a steering wheel that your comfortable with. thats all you need to do to the car and your ready to start learning comfortably. should only cost around 2500 bucks if u do it right.

now like that guy said you need to learn how to drive first not just drift. i dont know how well of a driver you are but i know i first started off road course racing so i had the whole concept of Apexing, oversteer, and understeer down. go hit a couple of track days and get used to the car, or do what everyone on zilvia frowns upon and hit the mountains and get down the concept of entering a corner and accelerating through a corner and not using your brake in the corner. feel the cars breaking point where the rear tires begin to brake traction and get used to the 240. they are amazing cars they handle just as good as they drift if u set them up right. then when your ready to drift take it to a skid pad day, or take it to and empty parking lot like every on zilvia frowns upon, and get down drift nuts... no not donuts.. so all you do is so at a stop, turn the steering wheel full lock in one direction, in first gear clutch in, rev the motor up as high as u want and then dump the cluch as hard as u can. the rear end is going to kick out and the car is going spin sideways but stay on the gas. now if u keep holding the steering wheel in that diresction your just going to do rodeys (gangster muscle car donuts), thats not what your going for you are trying to do drift nuts, so contrary to your natural instinct, you need to literally let go of the steering wheel, let the steering literally slide in your finger tips and the car will literally correct itself. let the steering wheel keep sliding in your hands until the car is now doing a big circle instead of just a spin, then catch the steering wheel and hold it there but stay on the gas the whole time. now u can just play with the gas (throttle on and off) and do bigger and bigger cirlcles. put a few cones spread apart and try to do a big circle around them all. and DONT forget to practice it going the opposite direction. you want to be comfortable both ways. this is the basic concept of counter steering clutch kicking and thottle control. now once you master it both ways try to do figure eights. so to do a figure 8 all you have to do is perform a drift nut and then mid drift nut let off and the car wheel transer the other way then instantly get back on the throttle while letting the car counter steer. this will train you to tranfer between corners so you can connect drifts. you will learn that connecting drifts corner to corner is way funner than just hitting one corner. once you've mastered the transfer and the figure 8 now its time to hit a corner. WHOLE nother ball game here bacuase now you have to master the intiation, weight transfer and speed. find a very wide corner with round curbs and no poles lol or go to the track. now this is the fun part. this is where knowing how to apex comes in handy. similar concept to apex in road racing but you start the corner way earlier becasue your going to be sideways way before the corner. this is where everyone goes wrong they dont use enough speed and they start the drift in the middle of the corner which is all wrong its not a drift if u start it in the middle of the corner its just a power slide then. a drift is initiated way before u get to the corner, its called phat dopey fresh long initations. and THE MORE SPEED the easier it is even tho your fear will tell you otherwise. start off in second gear here. your going to have to watch videos on this because its hard to explain i recomend watching the drift bible or 'in car' videos of pro drifters or have some guy that looks like hes good at the track take you for a ride and study him. i always enter the corner wide, about mid range in my RPMs, and weight transfer the shit out of the car (you basically flick the steering wheel towards the inside of the corner super hard) and then clutch kick at the same time you flick the steering wheel. dont be a bitch with the clutch kick rev that sh*t up to red line and dump that clutch hard. you have to time the weight transfer (flick of the steering wheel) and the clutch kick perfectly, then once the car kicked out sideways do the same concept as the drift nuts and let go of the steering wheel let the car correct itself and let the steering wheel slide in your fingers. there will be a moment where your off the gas but once you catch the steering wheel get back on the gas hard. aim the nose of your car at the inside of the corner then extended your drift to the outside of the corner almost to the curb. im usually sittin on rev limiter hard and extending the shit outa my drift all the way until my rear bumper clips the other curb. its easier to straightin the car out if u stay on the throttle hard until the car is perfectly straight dont let off abruptly.

then after that u can learn manjis and 3rd gear and connecting corners and using the ebrake to extend the drift and slow down and all that fun stuff but learn all that other stuff first. hope all this helped and god bless man.

Last edited by GUZZLE7; 11-02-2013 at 03:19 AM..
Closed Thread