Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Good deal or not?!?! HELP!

Hey guys, im new to this forum and i hope to soon own my very own 240. Ive been looking for SO long and by chance the other day i found one... Get this:

Garage Kept- old woman owned
'89 Fastback 240sx
18000!!! MILES
Auto
Spotless exterior with no rust or dents
Dry rotted tires from what i hear...

Just quickly talking to him he says she wants about 5 grand which is WAY over the KBB, but i also know KBB isnt correct, i really want this car what should i tell the guy...

Also what do you guys think of this deal?
l2edken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
eh 5 for s SOHC & its a auto...fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2edken View Post
Hey guys, im new to this forum and i hope to soon own my very own 240. Ive been looking for SO long and by chance the other day i found one... Get this:

Garage Kept- old woman owned
'89 Fastback 240sx
18000!!! MILES
Auto
Spotless exterior with no rust or dents
Dry rotted tires from what i hear...

Just quickly talking to him he says she wants about 5 grand which is WAY over the KBB, but i also know KBB isnt correct, i really want this car what should i tell the guy...

Also what do you guys think of this deal?
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
it's way too much

go see the car, explain to them why it's not worth that much

SOHC
Auto
Did you mean 180,000 miles?

If they aren't willing to negotiate and reach a fair deal move on
Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
ask her to share whatever shes smoking.

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
boogerlovers
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
boogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiNMAN View Post
ask her to share whatever shes smoking.
lmao...buh yeah thats waaaayyy too much...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
18,000 miles?

4000 dollars tops
sohc/auto

We need pics

Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
ehhhh not feelin it. too much for a single cam/auto as clean/low miles as it might be
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
NEXT........

/Thread

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
if it is in fact 18k miles, who cares it's an SOHC
Old 04-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
her to share whatever shes smoking
hahah +rep.....
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
1989, bout 20 yr old car,18,000 miles..

hows that possible lol

auto, ...

some people would pay 5g's tho
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #12
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No way.. Although that is pretty crazy low miles.. To do any spirited driving, your gunna have to drop some more cash into it, maybe for 3k.. show him the going rate for an 89.. its like 1.5k
Old 04-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
18k miles
automatic
at least AT LEAST 3500. Its an '89.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
no way 5k for a stock s13. Kouki 180sx maybe
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #15
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
i'd do it.......... BUT......... the price........
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #16
dragon_x330
Zilvia Member

dragon_x330 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via MSN to dragon_x330
WAAAY over priced. Its a single cam and an auto to boot, major deal killers. Ask him to drop the price and if he's an ass then bounce and show him all the GREEN you brought. It'll make him pissed.

But yeah, DOHC with 5-speed that car would be a steal, but nah.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
FUCK NO. Whats the point of having a low-mileage paper weight? The point of a low-mileage car is MOSTLY because the tranny/motor are in new condition. However, there is no point in a low mileage SOHC. A piece of shit isn't worth any more just because it hasn't been used. Its still a piece of shit and needs to be flushed down the toilet or thrown on your neighbors lawn.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
Phatz
Leaky Injector

Phatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond reputePhatz has a reputation beyond repute
Def NOT a good deal at that price. as other brothas have said, that is a lot for the year... but if the car is that cherry (18k mi? to church and back? haha) might be worth some kind of a premium.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
coolcatracing
Zilvia Member

coolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to allcoolcatracing is a name known to all
A girl local here is selling her 94 vert with a new top and silvia front for $3K. $5K for a SOHC and a hatch is retarded. I've got a great condition 92 hatch I'll sell you if you want to put a new motor in it for $500.
coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #20
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
1.) 18,000 miles is amazing. BUT, it's a 20 year old car. you're going to need to replace the rubber bushings because they're probably all dry-rotted (normally they'd just be worn and broken, same net result)

2.) it's a SOHC automatic. so you wouldn't want any of that anyway, regardless of mileage

the only positive thing about it is the lack of rust... but my s13, which had 167XXX when i bought it, was/is rust free (save the hatch of course).

do yourself a favor and pass on it. find a higher mileage s13 and replace all the bushings with an Energy Hyperflex kit as soon as you buy it, and you're good to go.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #21
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
aight thanks for mad quick replies on this... theres no way in hell im gonna pay the 5k for it... KBB and Edmunds even with that mileages, YES its 18000, say in excellent cond 1700ish... i wanna work him down off that cause then ill buy it
l2edken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Actually a low mileage car that has been sitting around is worthless due to time wear. A car that at the least sees several thousand miles PER YEAR is much better off. Bushings will be dry and shit... Seals will probably be blown here and there from drying/cracking, water in the gas lines and tank, all sorts of rot maybe in chassis, maybe in the frame.. the list goes on, ask muscle car guys that store their cars. I'd pass.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I would give $2500 for it cause very few people use the single cam engine, ive seen multiple get thrown away
Old 04-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I recently sold a 89 with 65k original miles on it for $3500 5 speed clean ass car Black SE no sunroof.
Honestly her car is worth 4k tops. 5k forget it. Though ya at this point in time if your going to build a 240sx mileage is not a big deal. A clean chassis with decent interior is. I have seen 140k cars that were as clean as 50k cars. If you plan on modding it beyond a 5 speed swap do not buy it. A car that low in mileage deserves to be kept relatively stock for posterities sake.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote