Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
turbo-travis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
turbo-travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S13 zenki vs. Chuki headlights Identical?

I just bought another S13. It has some damage to the headlight/fender so I need to replace both. I got a headlight assemble from an 89 hatch to put on my 91 coupe. Im have a tight fit near the hood and fender, although it will fit and clear the hood when popping up. I can adjust the hood for a little bit of clearence but I was wanting to make sure the headlights are exactly identical between the zenki's and chuki's. It seems like there is more of a gap between the headlight and bumper. If they are the same then as suspected my front support may be bent a bit. Here's some pics to compare the good left side to the snug right side. BTW i know the gap against the fender is huge because of the damage to the fender, just worrying about the hood to headlight, and headlight to bumper clearence

turbo-travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
They are the same. I believe there is some wiggle room for the cover its self, but it looks like your fender is what is misaligned.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I agree with Zar. Fender is what's throwing it off a bit.

The other piece that may be bent (which is creating the gap between the headlight and the bumper) is the bumper bracket.

Bottom right corner, the second one.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
turbo-travis
Zilvia Member

hmmm, okay i have the plastic piece for the headlight, havnt installed it yet. I'll do that with a new fender and see how the clearence looks
Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You can adjust the fender slightly.

Try loosening the bolts that hold the fender down and try pushing the fender inward and then tighten down the bolts.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
turbo-travis
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
You can adjust the fender slightly.

Try loosening the bolts that hold the fender down and try pushing the fender inward and then tighten down the bolts.
well the fender is worse than what it looks in the pics so i'm just gonna replace it. I'll adjust accordingly though on install