Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Forced Induction

Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #121
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ohh man i need one of these haha
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #122
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
The install shots at the top of the first post show the motors are removed. Most people just weld brackets to keep them in the up position, but if you wanted them to be motorized by aftermarket means I would go with linear actuators.

We should finish shipping all pending orders today.
Considering all US S13s came with Pop Ups, and not everyone reads 5 pages threads to look for that one comment... I think this should be in bold on the very first post.

I would have not bought this kit had I known it was essentially not compatible with an S13.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #123
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
are you the guy who made McDonalds write "caution hot beverage" on their coffee cups?

OP modded with bold text.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #124
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
are you the guy who made McDonalds write "caution hot beverage" on their coffee cups?

OP modded with bold text.
No I'm the guy that called and has been very calm and patient and has not demanded his money back yet.

A friend recommended your company when I needed sub-frame bushings, I was very impressed with the quality after receiving them, being a nice guy I decided to go with the HMIC I saw on your page, I liked the idea of keeping my crash-beam, and I'm well aware of the practice of not running a BOV.

However, at no point did you state the conflict with the headlights, nor is there any clear photos of the interference, just photos of cars with the kit and no front end.

This seems like a great sense of gross negligence leaving that out as I stated, just about all US S13s are going to have pop-ups.

It's like Stillen selling the Roots S/C for the 350Z and never once mentioning the fact that you need an aftermarket hood.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #125
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
No I'm the guy that called and has been very calm and patient and has not demanded his money back yet.

A friend recommended your company when I needed sub-frame bushings, I was very impressed with the quality after receiving them, being a nice guy I decided to go with the HMIC I saw on your page, I liked the idea of keeping my crash-beam, and I'm well aware of the practice of not running a BOV.

However, at no point did you state the conflict with the headlights, nor is there any clear photos of the interference, just photos of cars with the kit and no front end.

This seems like a great sense of gross negligence leaving that out as I stated, just about all US S13s are going to have pop-ups.

It's like Stillen selling the Roots S/C for the 350Z and never once mentioning the fact that you need an aftermarket hood.
Hey if you don't want it I'll buy or trade you. PM sent.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #126
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Calm and patient people contact me via IM. You are welcome to have your money back, just return the parts. There is other people waiting for this stuff. Your point was taken and the change was made so you can stop busting my balls now in my advertisers thread.

I have an 8 page thread dedicated to this subject on the Parts Shop MAX products forum which I created to post infinite details about our products so I dont want to hear anything about gross negligence.

As much as I love all of our wonderful customers on Zilvia, and try to post lengthly, useful and informative advertiser threads, Im not perfect & the center of the universe for information on our product will always be our website. For that you have my apologies.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #127
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

All you had to do was open your hood and just "picture" where the intercooler would fit, you would figure out very quickly what all is in the way and what all you need to cut out. Even if none of his install pics show headlight motors, it has been listed and common sense would tell you that they dont fit with this intercooler
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #128
jholman05
Zilvia Member

jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
Glad to see you updated the original post about the pop up headlighs. I didn't really think of it either, and usually I have a pretty good imagination for things like that. Anyway, I just got the kit, and I have pop ups and they go up and down now, I just have to do it manually. I have quite a few quality pictures I can add to this thread explaining my fairly simple solution. When I get some free time I'll load them to my photobucket and post them in here if that's fine with Dan.
jholman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #129
BigwaveSC
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
BigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really niceBigwaveSC is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholman05 View Post
Glad to see you updated the original post about the pop up headlighs. I didn't really think of it either, and usually I have a pretty good imagination for things like that. Anyway, I just got the kit, and I have pop ups and they go up and down now, I just have to do it manually. I have quite a few quality pictures I can add to this thread explaining my fairly simple solution. When I get some free time I'll load them to my photobucket and post them in here if that's fine with Dan.
That would be very cool of you.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #130
jholman05
Zilvia Member

jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Here's a picture I loaded last night, I should find some time to load more tonight and do a brief writeup.

Obviously down.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #131
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Its cool with me to post pics in here, its only going to help customers out so feel free!

NICE, are those turnbuckles?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #132
jholman05
Zilvia Member

I kept the stock turnbuckle.

Sorry for all the pictures, I figure they can only help. This thread is lacking ka love anyhow.

All trimmed and painted.

Passenger side cut out

Driver side cut out

Passenger side ic fitment

Driver side ic fitment

If you loosen the radiator hose clamps on the hot pipe and twist it just right, the radiator line hardly touches the cold pipe of the HMIC. Not too much or it'll start to kink.

No problems on the ka hotside. I'm running a GTI-R T28, but the inlet and outlet are in the s13 sr20 stock locations. So I ordered the kit for the T25.

As for the headlights, this may seem like a pain, but I am running short on time, before I drive it to zdayz and this is what I came up with on short notice. Like the other dude that posted in this thread, I wasn't crazy about having my headlights permanetly fixed up. The linear actuators are a possiblity, but with the short time period I'm running on it wasn't an option. Also linear actuators aren't cheap.

So, I decided I would make a slotted bracket, use a wing nut to quickly loosen, raise up and lock back into position.

This peice bolts to the stock headlight motor, we'll call it the headlight motor arm. I unbolted it, took a grinder and ground the back side of the pivot off, then took a punch and hammer and knocked it out.

I then took the pivot and welded a typical 1/4 20 bolt onto it, since wingnuts for that size are easy to find. I have a regular nut on here, since I didnt get to the store in time. Once it's welded, pop it back into the stock turnbuckle.

Next are the brackets I made, simple and crude. All I used was a vise (to bend), drill and grinder (to make the slots and cut the metal). I could provide the measurements on these if anyone wants them. This bolts into the core support brackets, next to the headlights, using the factory location up top and a factory hole in the bottom which I used a through bolt.

You can barely see them here.

Up

Down

Not much clearance to the bumper, could easily be fixed if I made the bottom of the bracket 1/2" shorter. Other side has more clearance but they both work great.

There is just enough room for my normal sized hand to fit between the HMIC, Core support brackets and headlights to reach the wing nut, simply loosen, use the other hand to pull the headlight up, and tighten back down.

And that's just one way to keep your flip ups... just have to do it manually now

Also, before I got my bumper painted I went ahead and cut the pignose fake vents out, figure it'll get more air to the IC this way, I'm not all that worried about the high pressure zone of the bumpers aerodynamics.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #133
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Fantastic write up, I love how simple it is, thanks!

That has got to be the cleanest s13 engine bay I have ever seen in my life.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #134
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
I love that set up. Right now I do mine manually through the motors, I deleted all the wiring associated with them, so this is just better! I will do exactly the same once my IC kit comes in. Damn Japanese shipping...
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #135
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

lots of customer installation shots on the original thread too

Here:

http://zilvia.net/f/forced-induction...very-soon.html
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #136
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D.Bo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any way i can order jsut the cold pipe for a s14 greddy manifold?
D.Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:40 AM   #137
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Just the hard pipe or couplers and clamps too? Zip code?
Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 AM   #138
projectslider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
projectslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dan u got pm !! !!!!!
let me know~!!!!!
projectslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #139
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Just the hard pipe or couplers and clamps too? Zip code?
just the pipe itself...shipped to 70131
Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #140
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

$75 shipped
Old 06-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #141
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
$75 shipped

sweet just lmk how to order....dont see an add cart just for that item
Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #142
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

you can just go to www.paypal.com and send $ to [email protected], and write a note about what you are ordering in the message to recipient.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #143
D.Bo
Zilvia Member

payment sent!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #144
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

thank you = )
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #145
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I keep seeing this pop up on my subscribed threads and I get all excited....Damn you guys lol. I want my intercooler!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #146
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Its hard to believe anyone can have more anticipation than me, because we develop a lot of original parts so the wait time from prototype through production seems massive. I have to do all the paperwork each step through customs clearance, try to anticipate demand to stock stuff and make announcements etc, which results in spending a lot of time thinking about parts and wishing they were here already.

Sometimes I feel like the Steve Jobs of drifting. I should do a keynote speech, lol.

The latest update is these are finished at the factory. Ships out to us on Friday, arrives in USA warehouse next month which is when we can dispatch them to all of you guys waiting in line.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #147
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

I want mine before ASB! So sad.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #148
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
bump for updates - Would love to order one of these S13 Kits

price Shipped to N.C 28104
Old 07-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #149
kevo240

kevo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to order a kit to when will you guys have them in stock again
kevo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #150
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Piping is in, cores wont be in until early next month is what I hear.