Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
What about compairing the 2871r .64 to the 2871GT-RS style.....any power difference?

I know the GTRS style is a direct bolt on but will the 2871r (non-gtrs style) make more hp?

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
What about compairing the 2871r .64 to the 2871GT-RS style.....any power difference?

I know the GTRS style is a direct bolt on but will the 2871r (non-gtrs style) make more hp?
CAn someone give some info on this please?

Is their any power difference?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
red s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
red s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

yea i would like to know about this also. and s13envy and i have a very close setup. i have,

red top bored to 86.5 with weisco piston. 8.5/1
cometic 1.2 metal hg
hks s2 264in/272ex cams
greddy intake
2871r .86 old style internal gated
enthalpy tune
nismo 740cc inj.
nismo fpr
z32 MAF
mr mani.
greddy o2 pipe
mr dp
mr mid pipe
apexi gt spec ex.

now i've talked to s13envy b4 but mine just doesn't seem like it runs that good. i can only about 3 cars on my friends stock sr with me running 22psi. it run's real rich but i've turned the fpr down. it should be at 36 psi. like steve shadows said my w/g jumps so much. i was going to sell the turbo and get the new gt-rs 2871r with the .64 and p/fc and go to the excel shop in columbus,oh. although i have yet to dyno it so maybe some small adjustments would help. there's no boost leaks, everything is button'd up i just don't know. any idea's on the new setup with the .64 and p/fc? don't go with? go with. codyace your setup is what i'm looking for although i don't need 400 whp. s13envy your setup as well like we've
talk about b4.

Last edited by red s14; 06-07-2007 at 09:23 PM..
red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:

they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

plus Paul what are you doing! go get a 3071R maybe even twin scroll haha
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #5
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

car sould be running by tomrrow w/ the new set-up so, we'll see how she does.

hit the dyno , then u and luke better watch out.. LOL , j/k

Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
red s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
red s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
[quote=steve shadows;1408014]they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

reds14-i firured it was the same maybe spool time was diff. thats about it.

update guys! got rid of my old setup....going with sc61, 38mm wastegate, 810cc inj, ect!

The 2871R was an awesome turbo for me, but for some reason I decided I want more power lol..Its a sickness06-08-2007 02:42 AM

reds14-damn man is your turbo the gt-rs style or old style. your should bad ass like its not already. good luck.
red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote