Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #61
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Not much to update because the car is still at the body shop, however, we have been busy on other cars while we have the down time from my car. Parts are still showing up, almost on the daily, things are still coming back from powder coat and we are still working on bits and pieces of my car when we are done "wrenching".

First of all, Shane's new wheels showed up.... and boy are they light! Volk Racing RE30 - 18x10.5 = 17lbs

We had a few parts show up for my car including new carpet (which we won't show until it's in the car). It's laying out, unfolding, from what I believe is the smallest box in the world that you can ship carpet in. Some other JDM goodies came in over the week, including fuel system parts and other odds and ends.

We took the time to work on the engine while it was on the stand. Decided it needed a little "pop" just to give it some depth. I decided to clean up the water pump bolts and the timing cover bolts. Again sorry for the cell pictures, we think it turned out better than what we wanted.

Notable items were the HKS cams.

Not a huge update, but we have been busy finishing up a friends car, so we haven't been taking pictures of the parts as they come in. Not to worry though, everything will be shown before it goes on, or after it is on the car!
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #62
CLM_s13Type-x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CLM_s13Type-x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome full build, reminds me of the days when mine was fully stripped down waiting to be painted! Keep the updates coming.
CLM_s13Type-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #63
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Had a long weekend! Picked the car up this morning from paint (not completely finished)! Everything looks great, once everything goes back on the car, it will go back to Rico to get wet sanded and buffed completely. The car already looks amazing with absolutely NO wet sanding or buffing. The car has about 5 coats of clear over it which will give plenty of thickness to wet sand and buff for a "smooth-as-glass" finish.

Unfortunately this will be the last update on the car for about a month (maybe longer) as I have to leave out of state for personal matters.

Intake manifold, valve cover and a few other parts came back from powder coat. I still have quite a few things left for him to finish up like rear subframe, cross member, front and rear knuckles, brake calipers and other little odds and ends. Hopefully all of those will be done and ready to go back on the chassis when I get back to Michigan.

On with the pictures!

Two dirty dirty Kouki's at the house.

Shane sanding the tops of the letters on the valve cover.

Step one complete.

And from this morning, due to a time crunch and lack of man power, I took these on the trailer before it started raining. Only 3 of these made it, the other 6 or 7 were so out of focus you couldn't tell the trailer from the car.

Passenger rear quarter.

I tried to get as close as possible to show the effect of this paint, but it was not cooperating at all. The lack of sun and my horrible camera skills do not do any type of justice. Driver rear quarter...

Sadly, I won't be able to work on this beauty for a month and honestly it sucks. Now that I have the car back, looking at the hard work with paint laid over it, it was all worth it. Just knowing it's sitting in the garage, waiting for wrenches to be turned sucks

Oh and if anyone is interested the color is Tuxedo Black. It's NOT flake/metallic. It's a pearlescent black mixed with crushed pearl.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #64
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Building cars the right way so the five people that get to see it in the premie section can know we aren't hack jobs. Such a nice reward. I guess if we would have just put the cheapest possible knock off parts on it and called it a day it could have stayed open in chat. I mean after all, there are build threads in there now that are left open where all they did was put on knock off wheels and cheap ass coils. Sweet build thread mang.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #65
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
as soon as people see trevors rotas and version select aero they will come flocking.

Zilvia I are dissapoint.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #66
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
I'm following so that will be 6 people watching the build. Lol. Great work guys.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #67
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Awesome!!! Camera does a color like that no justice. I bet it looks amazing in person though. Once its finalized, hold onto your orgasm folks.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #68
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys! I was really unsure of this color on a smaller car. The more and more I looked at it in the little bit of sun we had this morning, the more I fell in love with it. Now I just can't wait to put it all back together.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #69
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

I lied, just another small update.

Gives me something to look forward too!

Oh, and since Shane got new wheels, I decided that he couldn't be the only one on the block with some mad tyte JDM wheels yo! Anyone wanna take a guess what they are??

I was told the lips had just recently been refinished, well...... not so much exactly. Looks like someone just took a Mother's ball and tried to "refinish" them while they were on the car!

Shane had a few tricks up his sleeve from his crotch rocket days!

That was about 10mins of buffing with the first stage of polishing compound.

Oh and if anyone wants to know, wet sanding wheels is a damn art. Shane knocked out one wheel in about 30 mins..... I had to re do mine twice..... and it was still cloudy!

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 05-23-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old 05-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #70
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Too bad my barrels need repair work too otherwise you guys would have another 4 to polish LOL

You will have to impart such techniques - Obi shane Kenobi
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #71
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
fer shizzle
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #72
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
looking good man, count me as a follower.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #73
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I have a guess, but I shall not say. Should be awesome!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #74
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I have a guess, but I shall not say. Should be awesome!

Fine then! I'll say it... VSXX!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 AM   #75
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Yep, that's mine too. :lol:

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #76
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Wrong, they are XXRs
Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #77
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

My shit is old school, Sportmax bitches!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #78
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Wow guys, super impressed with the time, quality of work, and parts put into this build. Definitely subscribed!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #79
higgzy

higgzy is an unknown quantity at this point
I love...as everyone else does, seeing these builds!! Soo good! That wiring looks like it'll be fun haha. What are your plans with the fusebox and excess wires etc?

Keep the updates coming!!

Cheers

Sam
higgzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #80
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Any updates?

@lees_garage
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #81
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

We've moved to Florida and just got the space to bring the cars down at the beginning of this week. Now we have to plan a trip back to Michigan to load everything up and bring it all down.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #82
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

^ this...

We're just now getting everything organized and lined up here in FL to start working on cars again. Logistics is a headache on this one haha.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #83
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Cannot wait to see some progress! Good luck with the move guys.

@lees_garage
Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #84
JDMDude

JDMDude is an unknown quantity at this point
This build... is beautiful!
JDMDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #85
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Thanks for the kind words, I'm ready to finish the car and enjoy it.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #86
Wake
Premium Member

Know how i know your gay?

Cuz you havent finished your car yet. Let me know when I can come to FL.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #87
Envy

Envy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Envy Send a message via MSN to Envy
You're lame Trevor, don't let me catch you posting about my car again <.<

Just kidding can't wait till I have my own 240 to work on, I miss working on your car with you and the shanmeister.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #88
Functiontheory

Trader Rating: (1)
Functiontheory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very nice, I love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see moar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #89
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Functiontheory View Post
Very nice, I love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see moar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks man I appreciate it. Hopefully updates will be coming soon.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #90
Wake
Premium Member

Fucking better be.
S.P.P.S. Member #00