Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #91
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Coming soon! .....................................2014.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #92
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Coming soon! .....................................2014.
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with that! I've been saying "my car will be ready soon" for the past 3 years now.

Just need to wrap up two more jobs before focusing in on my car once again.

As long as it gets done, that's all that matters (right?).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #93
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Well I mean if we get back to his car before summer it will be an achievement. You figure we moved 1800 miles away. And moving with a car in pieces like that is no small task. Not to mention the sheer cost of moving.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #94
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Why the move to Florida? Did you manage to get any of the cars down yet?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #95
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
I have four of my cars here, still have four more in Michigan, and then Trevors black hatch. We moved down here because nothing is going on in Michigan, its just a black hole of a state that sucks people in for death. We moved down here and started a business. I'm "hoping" to get back up really soon to get the rest of our stuff. We'll see. We've also been collecting other things for this car while we've been here. So it should be pretty good once it starts back up.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #96
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
BLAH BLAH BLAH do it already, jerks.

and dont forget those coils when you guys go back lol
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #97
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Shut your whore mouth! I'll give a lengthy reply later of why this process is taking so long.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #98
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
my whore is asleep so her mouth is currently shut. SO THERE!

You always have lengthy explanations. I guess ill get at you on AIM someday soon lol.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #99
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
My somewhat non-lengthy reply is:

Lawyers are expensive on a weekly basis. Divorce is a lengthy process. So said lawyers take a lot of my money.

If Shane wasn't my best friend and the older brother I never had, I would be out on the street with no car, no house and no friends. This has been a hush hush situation that not many people know about. So this entire build has been kept alive because of Shane, while I've been figuring out what direction to take in life.

Hopefully with the way things are going, we should be getting on with this build soon and a few others that Shane has been working on as well.

All in all, thank you Shane for everything you have done for me. No homo.

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 12-02-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #100
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Props to Shane for being a boss friend. Dealing with lawyers and legalities is a major pain. You know of my past situation, what a major headache. The best thing to remember is to keep your mind busy and away from negativity. Having a project car to work on during hard times is a huge stress relief, especially when you start to see progress.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #101
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

So after a year and a half... We're finally getting everything down to Florida! We got one truck full of the garage packed and moved. We ended up having to get creative packing the truck full of tools and car parts. We ended up bringing my chassis and Shane's white hatch as well. We're going up on the 27th to pack the rest and hopefully be back to be ready for new years.

Oh and this is where we're at in Florida.. Needs a lot of organizing, but we're here.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #102
Wake
Premium Member

That pic is fucking instagramtastic!

Glad to see you guys going forward.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #103
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

We decided to go sil80 on this bitch.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #104
Wake
Premium Member

STOP IT! Quit playing when I need fenders.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #105
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

I'll sell you the rocking horse.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #106
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Looks so weird with the sil front. Updates soon!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #107
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just read every post in this thread. Such an awesome, detailed thread. I really like the mini-review posts. Hope everything's going well! Will be staying tuned in.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #108
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Just read every post in this thread. Such an awesome, detailed thread. I really like the mini-review posts. Hope everything's going well! Will be staying tuned in.
Thanks man, we just dug through all the boxes today and found everything to start putting it back together. Was a nice relief to see all the parts made it safely.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #109
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Finally got a few hours to work on the car today. Felt good to actually put parts back on the car. So I guess this starts the assembly process of this build.

First up we had to move all sorts of parts and whatnot out of my car because its been used as a storage unit for the past year. Some parts for my build, some for Shane's build. And then random things that aren't even car related.

So after a space was cleared inside I decided I'd start with the pedals. Starting with the clutch.

Pedal número uno done!

Next was the brake pedal, which required the booster to be mounted at the same time. Lets just say the booster wasn't exactly ready for the engine bay.

So after some work and some magic it was ready.

Decided to install the brake master cylinder while I was here.

Next up was getting the heater core, A/C box and blower motor mounted. While I don't have any photos of this, it was pretty straight forward. We decided that now would be the time to switch all the sensors and control units for the JDM DCC over while everything was accessible.

After that was done we started routing the ducting for the HVAC system.

Dash bar and associated brackets were bolted in next. It took a little convincing to get everything lined up.

Note: this is much easier with an extra set of hands.

To tackle the dash harness we have Shane's vert project next to mine. So while his car's interior is a little more.. a lot more.. completed than mine, it definitely helped to cheat about every 30 seconds.

To figure out what went where and what ziptie clips popped into the correct holes on the dash bar is what took the longest IMO. The harness pretty much lays itself out, securing it to the chassis properly is another story.

So that's where we left it today. It was nice to spend the day actually working on it. It is a whole lot more satisfying putting parts on it, instead of in it.

We also found just about everything we need to put this project back together, which is quite impressive after moving this entire car ~1500 miles, that has lived it's life in zip lock bags and cardboard boxes with 3 separate trips and soon to be a 4th.

So I will end this with a picture of our playground.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #110
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Since I've started working on this again, I guess it's appropriate to have it moved so the public can see it.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #111
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Super excited to see this build back in action....

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #112
Wake
Premium Member

so your saying I should move to FL?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #113
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Looks good man, I'm dreading having to pull out my dash, heater core, wiring loom etc but it MUST be done!

I'm confused. You already installed the stuff and are going to skip the DCC or do it later? I'm thinking of going DCC as well so the perfect time to convert it all over is where you are now.

Mucho props are the build...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #114
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

We're doing the DCC conversion as we go along. Already did the airmix motor, fan speed sensor, and we will start on the wiring conversion next.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #115
atvrider647

Trader Rating: (0)
atvrider647 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
subbing! I love your neatness, I wanted to do the EXACT same thing to mine, but I get nervous when I start thinking about it.

Where did you buy the carpet from?
atvrider647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #116
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
We're doing the DCC conversion as we go along. Already did the airmix motor, fan speed sensor, and we will start on the wiring conversion next.

Did you use all JDM parts or US equivalents?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #117
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

It's a JDM set that was bought in the for sale section here a while back.

Stockinteriors.com for the carpet.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #118
Wake
Premium Member

Ah I may have to buy another DCC just to get all the sensors with it.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #119
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
If you guys can document your install process with the DCC with pics and info, I and many others would be very appreciative
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #120
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

My s14 conversion and the one for my vert have used American counter parts for everything I could do. Minus the head units and airmix motor.