Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
S14 OEM Side Skirt Hardware Install

I was wondering if anyone had ever been succesful with installing s14 kouki side skirts on a base model s14 while using the factory SE hardware?

The issue is that there are no mounting holes in the rocker panel of the base model. At best I figure you could drill a small round hole and work it out to a square hole with a dremel that would accept the square gromemt on the bottom but then you still have to mount it to the car with jb weld or something.

The hardware that goes down the side of the car is also confusing. I know hwo to get it to hold the skirt and clip together but I dont see how to attach the hardware to the car. I would hate to use something like jb weld on the side of my car where it could be visible if the skirts were ever removed.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great question here bud. Sitting in the same mess with mine.
OE side skirts with no where to attach them to.
Will follow this closely and if I sort something out will post here...
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKriss View Post
Great question here bud. Sitting in the same mess with mine.
OE side skirts with no where to attach them to.
Will follow this closely and if I sort something out will post here...
So far I have gotten all the part numbers from nissan. All the hardware minus the end caps is around 160 bucks and its almost all on backorder.

The bottom mounts under the rocker look like you could drill a round hole small enough to almost clear the square end of the grommet then you could use a dremel to square up the holes for a tight fit, maybe use jb weld to hold them up into the new hole after attmepting to Primer the area you drilled with acces only from the outside of the rocker. Look at your front fenders rear lower mounsts and you will see a similar designed grommet for the install to make more sense on squaring up the hole.

For the sides the hardware is a bit more confusing, its easy to see the yellow clips go into the side skirts and it also looks like the white clips recieve the male end of the yellow clips but how do you mount the large flat white piece to the car on the sides of the rockers? I have another zilvia member telling me he put paint on the yellow clips and drilled his car to recieve the male end directly? This to me doesnt sound correct I feel like the correct way to do it is to attach the back flat side of the female white clip to the car again with something like JB weld.

And of ourse it goes without saying the front and rear install where the splashmud guards would go and even with all the factory ahrdware a little 3m tape at the top edge is a good idea.

Can anyone else with first hand experience chime in? Id like to hear how you guys did it. But i have a few problems. I refuse to screw screws directly into my rocker to rust down the road and I refuse to leave any open metal anywhere without primer and paint as that shouldnt be done anyway.
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
driver11324
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
driver11324 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
These are for Navan sides, but they are very similar in mounting. Hope this helps!
NISSANSIDE10012 by driver11324, on Flickr
NISSANSIDE20002 by driver11324, on Flickr
NS3 by driver11324, on Flickr
NS4 by driver11324, on Flickr
NS5 by driver11324, on Flickr
NS6 by driver11324, on Flickr
driver11324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
Down2Earth
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Down2Earth will become famous soon enoughDown2Earth will become famous soon enoughDown2Earth will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont mean to revive a dead post but I was looking for this today and found this post, figured this deciphered info would be helpful, AS OF 1/31/2019, this is all still available from the Nissan dealer:

76848-35f00 Body clip (need 8)

01553-07551 Bumper clip (need 8)

------------------------------

01281-00641 Lower body clip (Need 4)

01241-00841 Rear metal tabs (Need 4)

------------------------------

Screws:

m5x20 (quantity 4)
m6x18 (quantity 4)
m6x12 (quantity 4)
Down2Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 01:46 PM   #6
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
doyle4281 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
So far I have gotten all the part numbers from nissan. All the hardware minus the end caps is around 160 bucks and its almost all on backorder.

The bottom mounts under the rocker look like you could drill a round hole small enough to almost clear the square end of the grommet then you could use a dremel to square up the holes for a tight fit, maybe use jb weld to hold them up into the new hole after attmepting to Primer the area you drilled with acces only from the outside of the rocker. Look at your front fenders rear lower mounsts and you will see a similar designed grommet for the install to make more sense on squaring up the hole.

For the sides the hardware is a bit more confusing, its easy to see the yellow clips go into the side skirts and it also looks like the white clips recieve the male end of the yellow clips but how do you mount the large flat white piece to the car on the sides of the rockers? I have another zilvia member telling me he put paint on the yellow clips and drilled his car to recieve the male end directly? This to me doesnt sound correct I feel like the correct way to do it is to attach the back flat side of the female white clip to the car again with something like JB weld.

And of ourse it goes without saying the front and rear install where the splashmud guards would go and even with all the factory ahrdware a little 3m tape at the top edge is a good idea.

Can anyone else with first hand experience chime in? Id like to hear how you guys did it. But i have a few problems. I refuse to screw screws directly into my rocker to rust down the road and I refuse to leave any open metal anywhere without primer and paint as that shouldnt be done anyway.

Hey there, did you ever end up finding a good method to drill all these holes for the Kouki skirts? Thank you
doyle4281 is offline   Reply With Quote