Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #40471
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Last month at mussaruman! (Musselman Honda Circuit)

Stupid rake

Moar rake

Old 08-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #40472
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Dat purp doe....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #40473
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #40474
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
So who's gonna step up and start making zenki headlights. Finding a used set is ridiculous were I live lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Circuit Sports are no longer being manufactured. Finding any clear covers is near impossible. The reason no one has 'stepped up' is because every one of you fucks that own a zenki is a ratchet lil bitch who wants EGay prices for legit parts.
NOW that I have your FULL attention:
The cost of manufacturing new lights is very expensive. The entire headlight assemblies must be sent out to a company that manufactures things. This no longer goes on here in the US, but in China. To make the molds is around $10,000 per part, steel is higher than aluminum. Then there is the QC, the parts have to be sent back here for fitment, adjustments made, then sent back if real parts are not in hand. Then there is the AMOUNT of parts made. With 7500 zenki's being made and imported each year for 941/2, 95, and 96, that is less than 21,000 cars, or pairs of lights. To be real about it, one would only make about 10,000 units to sell to the motorsports import community.
Now back to the reality:
You ratchet little bitches won't pay $600 for a set of brand new clear lights that are fully kitted with HID's so stop begging because you caused this. Each time you bought some fake ass shit on EGay, you dug the hole deeper.
Each time you bought any part off EGay, you dug this hole deeper.
Now that the cost to make GOOD parts has gone up, you don't want to shell out what it costs to BUY the parts, so no one wants to make them.
You want cool looking wheels, but you buy Vaarstoen instead of WORK or VOLK. You want Rocket Bunny, but you buy ViS clones or Duramax clones instead.
YOU ALL CAUSED THIS.
You want someone to take the plunge to manufacture NEW, CLEAR LENS light kits, Oh, you only want the COVER? You willing to pay $300 - $400 per set? What, you mean if I take the $75,000 cost up front to make these, you will only pay $250 a set? Who can guarantee me that all 10,000 sets will sell, considering how many zenki's are on the road?

Get it? Does this explain the whys and reasoning and the economics of why we can't have nice things?
Old 08-24-2015, 07:03 AM   #40475
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Final Bout Prep coming along nicely, only two more cars that need to be painted!

Old 08-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #40476
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
King of cool...

...Forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post

Get it? Does this explain the whys and reasoning and the economics of why we can't have nice things?

Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #40477
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Circuit Sports are no longer being manufactured. Finding any clear covers is near impossible. The reason no one has 'stepped up' is because every one of you fucks that own a zenki is a ratchet lil bitch who wants EGay prices for legit parts.
The cost of manufacturing new lights is very expensive. The entire headlight assemblies must be sent out to a company that manufactures things. This no longer goes on here in the US, but in China. To make the molds is around $10,000 per part, steel is higher than aluminum. Then there is the QC, the parts have to be sent back here for fitment, adjustments made, then sent back if real parts are not in hand. Then there is the AMOUNT of parts made. With 7500 zenki's being made and imported each year for 941/2, 95, and 96, that is less than 21,000 cars, or pairs of lights. To be real about it, one would only make about 10,000 units to sell to the motorsports import community.
Now back to the reality:
You ratchet little bitches won't pay $600 for a set of brand new clear lights that are fully kitted with HID's so stop begging because you caused this. Each time you bought some fake ass shit on EGay, you dug the hole deeper.
Now that the cost to make GOOD parts has gone up, you don't want to shell out what it costs to BUY the parts, so no one wants to make them.
You want cool looking wheels, but you buy Vaarstoen instead of WORK or VOLK. You want Rocket Bunny, but you buy ViS clones or Duramax clones instead.
YOU ALL CAUSED THIS.
You want someone to take the plunge to manufacture NEW, CLEAR LENS light kits, Oh, you only want the COVER? You willing to pay $300 - $400 per set? What, you mean if I take the $75,000 cost up front to make these, you will only pay $250 a set? Who can guarantee me that all 10,000 sets will sell, considering how many zenki's are on the road?

HAHAHAHA. who pissed in this guys Starbucks this morning?

I don't need to know how/why china makes everything or why 240 people are cheap. that's not my problem. I would have no problem paying $600 for glass German lights or even the $256ish each for a new oem light. But I am not just driving my car to meets/shows and hardparking. My luck, id bust a light at a next event. So why bother. I'll just keep buying USED lights and making them how i want. i can retro them how i want.

I never asked for cheap ass ebay lights. I'd pay $400-500 if someone did retro style lights with clears all done. saves me the time with doing it. If they are shit then I wouldn't buy them.. that simple.. I would just like to go to NAPA and get a non CAPA light for like $170 a piece, just like every other 90's import. I don't see why people need to charge crazy prices for USED oem parts. This isn't a 1976 934 we are talking about. its a 90's Japanese coupe. It's not being called cheap, its being realistic. I ended up getting a perfect pair off someone for $162 shipped and clear lens for $100. I don't know what to tell you about people buying knock off stuff for our cars. That's every car community homie.

there are still a lot of zenki's on the road. everyone just goes kouki cuz its easier then finding a real one and dealing with obd2
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #40478
AJ custums

AJ custums is an unknown quantity at this point
Do u still got the fog lights n how much
AJ custums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #40479
AJ custums

AJ custums is an unknown quantity at this point
Do u still got the fog lights
AJ custums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #40480
hillside

hillside is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got my zenki back in one piece, navan front bumper and kouki rear end coming next

hillside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #40481
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Final Bout Prep coming along nicely, only two more cars that need to be painted!
Excited to see that next weekend.

Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:56 AM   #40482
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 08-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #40483
ExtraGoodness

ExtraGoodness is an unknown quantity at this point
ExtraGoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #40484
pancakes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Now back to the reality:
YOU ALL CAUSED THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
HAHAHAHA. who pissed in this guys Starbucks this morning?

I don't need to know how/why china makes everything or why 240 people are cheap. that's not my problem. I would have no problem paying $600 for glass German lights or even the $256ish each for a new oem light. But I am not just driving my car to meets/shows and hardparking. My luck, id bust a light at a next event. So why bother. I'll just keep buying USED lights and making them how i want. i can retro them how i want.

I never asked for cheap ass ebay lights. I'd pay $400-500 if someone did retro style lights with clears all done. saves me the time with doing it. If they are shit then I wouldn't buy them.. that simple.. I would just like to go to NAPA and get a non CAPA light for like $170 a piece, just like every other 90's import. I don't see why people need to charge crazy prices for USED oem parts. This isn't a 1976 934 we are talking about. its a 90's Japanese coupe. It's not being called cheap, its being realistic. I ended up getting a perfect pair off someone for $162 shipped and clear lens for $100. I don't know what to tell you about people buying knock off stuff for our cars. That's every car community homie.

there are still a lot of zenki's on the road. everyone just goes kouki cuz its easier then finding a real one and dealing with obd2
Spot on. I think I paid 5 or 550 for my glass headlights. Didn't even look at the price of the add until I had to type it into paypal. But you are right; Ive had them for over 6 months and haven't put them on because I am still dallying my car and don't want to risk it. It is unbelievable what this scene has come to.

WTB s14 abs 5 speed drive shaft and vlsd
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #40485
lowerclass

lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point

(-11 degrees of work in progress)

Yeah it's totally reasonable to spend 600 dollars on replacement oem headlights for a car that cost 3 thousand dollars…
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #40486
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
gotta pay to play...
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #40487
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Circuit Sports are no longer being manufactured. Finding any clear covers is near impossible.
Wait... For real?! This makes me want to cry. I don't even like the german glass headlights...
Old 08-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #40488
Confuzedd
Leaky Injector

Confuzedd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys a drunk driver rear ended my car yesterday (drunk at 4pm smh) while I was helping my boy on the side of the road cause his car broke down. As she hit my car from the rear my car hit me against the wall. Going to the hospital later cause I was ok yesterday now I feel like I got hit by truck (see what I did there).

But my question is do you guy think this is fixable ? My car is sitting in a tow yard now. Idk much insurance money Im gonna get from it. Luckily my parents are well off so I have the option to get a brand new car but I love my car and would want to continue to own it if possible.

What would be the best course of action ? part out ? keep car if possible ? take parents offer of 2015 VW Passat ?

Only valuable mods include . SR20DE engine and tranny. 18x9.5 MB battles, and coilovers
Confuzedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #40489
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzedd View Post

Hey guys a drunk driver rear ended my car yesterday (drunk at 4pm smh) while I was helping my boy on the side of the road cause his car broke down. As she hit my car from the rear my car hit me against the wall. Going to the hospital later cause I was ok yesterday now I feel like I got hit by truck (see what I did there).

But my question is do you guy think this is fixable ? My car is sitting in a tow yard now. Idk much insurance money Im gonna get from it. Luckily my parents are well off so I have the option to get a brand new car but I love my car and would want to continue to own it if possible.

What would be the best course of action ? part out ? keep car if possible ? take parents offer of 2015 VW Passat ?

Only valuable mods include . SR20DE engine and tranny. 18x9.5 MB battles, and coilovers

buy it back and part it out .... then get a clean kouki or zenki.... or get a new car
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #40490
Confuzedd
Leaky Injector

Confuzedd is an unknown quantity at this point
The driver was drunk and it was also a hit and run, she was later found and arrested. I think she goes to school with me...
Im not sure if including that means Ill get more money just thought id let that be known
Confuzedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #40491
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
1) Get a lawyer and then, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
buy it back and part it out .... then get a clean kouki or zenki.... or get a new car
Old 08-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #40492
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 08-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #40493
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
1) Get a lawyer and then, this:
YESS GET A LAWYER.
and yes buy it back to part it out.

also, if the drunk driver has insurance (which I wouldn't be fucking surprised if she didn't) sue her insurance for personal injuries. hope youre ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #40494
mixeds14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mixeds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Wait... For real?! This makes me want to cry. I don't even like the german glass headlights...
I seen some on ebay. 179 bucks for the clear replacements.. touge garage selling them
mixeds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:40 PM   #40495
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzedd View Post

Get a lawyer, then the Passat...

Buy the totaled car back, and strip it of the good parts. Then you can look for a new project car while you're driving around in a car with modern amenities...

Old 08-29-2015, 01:25 AM   #40496
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^ ^ ^ also if your insurance does not cover tow yard fee's I'd get the car out as soon as possible to not further any existing tow fee's. But yeah buy it back for the low and part out.
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 AM   #40497
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 08-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #40498
princequeeley
Leaky Injector

princequeeley is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraGoodness View Post
What are the specs on the cosmis wheels and those work emitz your running car is dope!
princequeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #40499
Ryan_1
Leaky Injector

Ryan_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

our cars look the same

pc screenshot
Ryan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:28 PM   #40500
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_1 View Post
our cars look the same

pc screenshot
Yeah remember I sent you a pm! Mine was getting painted when you had posted the pics of it on this thread when it was all done! Your car looks great with VSKF's