Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #331
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
You should verify that your GKTech shifter is allowing it to fully engage in 5th gear.
You sold yours pretty quick didn't you? Do they run an oem shifter guide plate? Not sure if not running one effects anything or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
that's mantastic, but since this is the cd009 SWAP thread, the general assumption is that we're SWAPPING cd00x trans into things, your g35 obv doesn't count. now fuck off with your attitude while I'm trying to help.

Just saying not everyone is taking the casing off or cutting it. I think an ls1 with a cd009 is considered a swap? Just not a good one obviously. I just wanted to see if there was a way to tell if my g35 had a cd009 that I didn't know about yet with out pulling it apart, since no one has a straight answer if 05 g35s have them or not. Sorry I didn't know what diagram shows the difference between the two in the 64 pages. lol Settle down bud
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #332
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
You sold yours pretty quick didn't you? Do they run an oem shifter guide plate? Not sure if not running one effects anything or not.
I used mine for one season, only because the s999 ones where not out in time and the cbf one wasnt to easy to get. The GK sat way to far back for my liking, especially since I installed my jz as close to the fire wall as I could.

But when I installed the GK shifter first, I had the bracket not quite right, and this made 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear not fully engage, allowing them to pop out easily, I re adjusted the bracket and they then it worked, I only used the shifter for 3 events last year.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #333
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys,

So like I said previously we have a limited amount of our SRVQ bellhousinsgs left, so if you were thinking of picking up a kit now is the time to do it because we won't receive our next batch for 6 weeks!

PM me or email me at [email protected] for a quote!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #334
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I used mine for one season, only because the s999 ones where not out in time and the cbf one wasnt to easy to get. The GK sat way to far back for my liking, especially since I installed my jz as close to the fire wall as I could.

But when I installed the GK shifter first, I had the bracket not quite right, and this made 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear not fully engage, allowing them to pop out easily, I re adjusted the bracket and they then it worked, I only used the shifter for 3 events last year.

That sucks, did it have to do with the 350z and g35 shifter mounting points being different? Also don't you have to cut the shifter shaft down for the gktech shifter as well? Luckily I got a serialnine one when they came out, although the newer redesign would be nice since side to side movement is nonexistent in their v1.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #335
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
Luckily I got a serialnine one when they came out, although the newer redesign would be nice since side to side movement is nonexistent in their v1.

Same here got a chance to buy two, sold the other for $700 almost got the other for free.
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #336
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Lol people spending $700 on a shifter when the $300 Mazworx or $230 GKTech both work well. That's cool you were able to profit tho.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #337
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Lol people spending $700 on a shifter when the $300 Mazworx or $230 GKTech both work well. That's cool you were able to profit tho.
With development of our FAVQ kit we're actually looking into redesigning the SRVQ shifter to be adjustable and considerably shorter. We're thinking about having multiple shifter positions on the same bracket and have multiple linkages, or simply making on short linkage with an adjustable handle which you see a lot in the domestic market.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #338
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Ehh I will gladly spend $450 for the serialnine, i wish it wasnt so much but thats the way it goes. The maxworx ($225)one sits way to far back for any swap, only uses the two top mounting points, does not include a lever meaning its stock throw and you have to shorten the striker rod. The gktech one looks too light and toyish? Maybe i am wrong, but you have to shorten the striker for this as well. Personally i like the design of the serialnine not needing to cut the striker and with the bearing for smooth consistant feel. But that is why we have options, everyone can buy the shifter that meets their goals and budget.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #339
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
With development of our FAVQ kit we're actually looking into redesigning the SRVQ shifter to be adjustable and considerably shorter. We're thinking about having multiple shifter positions on the same bracket and have multiple linkages, or simply making on short linkage with an adjustable handle which you see a lot in the domestic market.
Good to see its getting a redesign to keep up with competition
Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #340
MattTenFour

Trader Rating: (1)
MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
You should verify that your GKTech shifter is allowing it to fully engage in 5th gear.
Good point. That's going to be the first thing I check. I had an operator error when I installed it initially which wouldn't allow me to shift into 1st, 3rd or 5th. Hopefully it'll be something simple and not a bent shift fork.
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #341
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:

IKR, dint really want to sell it but she offered me that price and I dint hesitate. Don't know if I did a mistake since its a one time parts (discontinue?) oh well maybe its the only one in Malaysia now...
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #342
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I got my CBF for 185
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #343
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah I'll be honest, the mazworx shifter that came with my kit was garbage IMO. Glad they're making a new one.

Went GkTech myself and it shifts into each gear perfectly. Wasn't difficult to trim a little bit off the selector rod. Easier than having to take the stock linkage somewhere to get welded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #344
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Went GkTech myself and it shifts into each gear perfectly. Wasn't difficult to trim a little bit off the selector rod. Easier than having to take the stock linkage somewhere to get welded.
Agreed. It took me 30 seconds to trim the selector. Actually took me longer to unravel the cord for the angle grinder than it took me to cut it...

And mine shifts perfectly fine outside of the car. Will shift even nicer with the synchros spinning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSouzrLA...uckyx222&hl=en
Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #345
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Why did you guys trim the selector rod? I didn't have any issues with the gktech shifter.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #346
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
Why did you guys trim the selector rod? I didn't have any issues with the gktech shifter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gN1lNHWEdQ

Skip to 5:45. Hits if you don't.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #347
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #348
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Anyone have pics of the gktech shifter in an S13/14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #349
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Anyone have pics of the gktech shifter in an S13/14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Works fine if you are sr. You are jz so it's gonna be pushed back. Serial nine is what you need.

RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #350
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey guys,

Just to keep everyone in the loop we're down to one bellhousing left so if you were thinking of grabbing a kit this spring this is your last chance! We'll be backordered for about 6 weeks.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #351
KyleT
Leaky Injector

KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't been in here in a while. But everyone who ordered a cbf shifter definitely get your money back! That guy is a complete joke. I had paid for two of them back in august and had been in contact with him every month and he would tell me the same thing. He told me end of January the group buy was over and orders would be shipped out. Fast forward to march and I finally laid into him and he told me the same thing. I've talked to multiple people and have gotten the same story from him.

I got refunded for both shifters and went straight to touge factory and ordered two serialnine shifters. They were backordered but I heard from them this week and they just got a big shipment in.
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:28 PM   #352
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
Haven't been in here in a while. But everyone who ordered a cbf shifter definitely get your money back! That guy is a complete joke. I had paid for two of them back in august and had been in contact with him every month and he would tell me the same thing. He told me end of January the group buy was over and orders would be shipped out. Fast forward to march and I finally laid into him and he told me the same thing. I've talked to multiple people and have gotten the same story from him.

I got refunded for both shifters and went straight to touge factory and ordered two serialnine shifters. They were backordered but I heard from them this week and they just got a big shipment in.
Lmao same here brother that guy is terrible. Ordered beginning of December and my story is literally what you wrote down word for word. Getting my refund tomorrow!
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #353
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Meanwhile, GkTech identified a quality control issue with 2 of the first 200 cd009 shifters they sold. As a result they are replacing all 200 of those shifters with a newer revised version free of cost.
Now that is commendable.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:01 AM   #354
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Meanwhile, GkTech identified a quality control issue with 2 of the first 200 cd009 shifters they sold. As a result they are replacing all 200 of those shifters with a newer revised version free of cost.
Now that is commendable.

how do u know which one u got? mine still in box. thanks for sharing
I meant anyway we can tell by eyes they were the first 200? I'm just starting to collecting the parts so no way I can tell it will engage or not.
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #355
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Gktech is very helpful however they had an issue with the high clearance sway bar , it was too long! He said he would send me a replacement ... I haven't seen anything in months
Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #356
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Interesting. Now I'm wondering if my shifter is one of the bad ones. What did they find out? This z33 conversion is such a pita! I should of just bought a osgiken gear set and called it a day. no shifter problems, no abs diff swaps and no Dakota digital bs!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #357
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

If you had an affected shifter they would have contacted you by email. If they haven't then don't worry about it.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #358
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
Gktech is very helpful however they had an issue with the high clearance sway bar , it was too long! He said he would send me a replacement ... I haven't seen anything in months
Interesting i have that swaybar and i bought it in prebuy ... ill see with them about it !

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #359
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukiii View Post
Lmao same here brother that guy is terrible. Ordered beginning of December and my story is literally what you wrote down word for word. Getting my refund tomorrow!
Yep X3. I had to do a PayPal claim. So now this week I got an email from PayPal saying they hoped it would be resolved(4/25) but the cbfperformance refund payment was declined by his bank account so I will have to wait another 3-5 days while they try again. What a freakin joke

Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #360
KyleT
Leaky Injector

KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
Well after waiting for two months already, touge factory told me it will be another 5-6 weeks on the serial nine shifters
KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote