Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #361
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got my serialnine shifter today and got the transmission all installed, still need to make some tweaks and put the interior back together but I'm pumped. Shifter sits about 2in further back with the 2j but it shouldn't be a big deal. Quarter master TOB is all shimmed and I think I got it perfect, clutch pedal feels great. Can't wait to actually get this thing back on the road.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #362
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
Got my serialnine shifter today and got the transmission all installed, still need to make some tweaks and put the interior back together but I'm pumped. Shifter sits about 2in further back with the 2j but it shouldn't be a big deal. Quarter master TOB is all shimmed and I think I got it perfect, clutch pedal feels great. Can't wait to actually get this thing back on the road.
Why did you have to shim the TOB? Pics? Im about to do the same trans swap. Already purchased the SerialNine shifter and ill be getting the collins A340 kit
Old 05-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #363
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
If you had an affected shifter they would have contacted you by email. If they haven't then don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well i bought it of another member so no luck there. still brand new
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #364
MattTenFour

Trader Rating: (1)
MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Meanwhile, GkTech identified a quality control issue with 2 of the first 200 cd009 shifters they sold. As a result they are replacing all 200 of those shifters with a newer revised version free of cost.
Now that is commendable.

Do you know what the issue was with the shifter? From what they told me I have one of the first few shifters they released. Mine vibrates like hell in addition to the issue where it pops out of fifth gear. I just sent GKTech an email and I'll fill in the group if they shed some light on the problem.
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #365
KyleT
Leaky Injector

KyleT is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend ended up giving me his serial nine shifter he just got in the mail. Looks awesome and fits great.

Dropped my 1jz/cd009 in the s13 the other day. After pounding the crap out of the trans tunnel beforehand it still was a very tight fit. I'm using freed engine mounts and the full collins kit. The shifter hole in the tunnel will need to be cut about 2" farther back to fit the shifter base. As expected, but the shifter arm should sit in the right spot on the console.

I'll take some pictures of the transmission later

KyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #366
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
Do you know what the issue was with the shifter? From what they told me I have one of the first few shifters they released. Mine vibrates like hell in addition to the issue where it pops out of fifth gear. I just sent GKTech an email and I'll fill in the group if they shed some light on the problem.

Popping out of gear is not the shifter itself, it needs to be properly adjusted.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #367
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
What Power Steering reservoir is that?
Old 05-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #368
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaleher View Post
Yep X3. I had to do a PayPal claim. So now this week I got an email from PayPal saying they hoped it would be resolved(4/25) but the cbfperformance refund payment was declined by his bank account so I will have to wait another 3-5 days while they try again. What a freakin joke

Luckily my CBF refund went well and I got my $$$. Immediately threw the money into a serialNINE setup I got from RickS14!

Well worth the extra money especially considering CBF subpar customer service
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #369
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
What Power Steering reservoir is that?
You can find it on like any late 90's toyota camry, corolla, solara, etc. Bend the bracket a little and it fits perfect by the clutch master. Same hose sizes as the 240 rack and jz pump.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #370
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
You can find it on like any late 90's toyota camry, corolla, solara, etc. Bend the bracket a little and it fits perfect by the clutch master. Same hose sizes as the 240 rack and jz pump.

I dig that one, looks better then using the stock one since the ports are out the side, nice!
Old 05-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #371
RickS14
Zilvia Member

RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukiii View Post
Luckily my CBF refund went well and I got my $$$. Immediately threw the money into a serialNINE setup I got from RickS14!

Well worth the extra money especially considering CBF subpar customer service

Badass shifter.

RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #372
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know what's up with CBF. I ordered a few shifters from him considering the price and had to get a refund from him. I originally bought a "V2" shifter from him and 3 months later he says he doesn't have them anymore and to wait for the new "V3" he'll have. After more waiting still no shifters. He says a certain ETA but never 100% sure and more waiting. I ordered a SerialNine and hoping that will come in stock soon.
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #373
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone run the new bolt on collins for 1j/2j?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #374
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsr1000hp View Post
I don't know what's up with CBF. I ordered a few shifters from him considering the price and had to get a refund from him. I originally bought a "V2" shifter from him and 3 months later he says he doesn't have them anymore and to wait for the new "V3" he'll have. After more waiting still no shifters. He says a certain ETA but never 100% sure and more waiting. I ordered a SerialNine and hoping that will come in stock soon.
It's pretty god damn frustrating, I have 2 orders in for a shifter, one for a friend and one for myself. Still waiting that out. Had ordered a Serial Nine a while ago as well.

Luckily the SerialNine one came in, but still waiting on these CBF shifters to get done as well.

Side note: More then likely will have a CBF shifter for sale when or even if they ever get completed.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #375
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Anyone running this trans on a KA & which adapter ? I mainly see SR & JZ guys doing this conversion

I founf 4 companies that makes them for the KA

Autotech (half plate)
Collins (full plate)
Jwt (auto bell housing)
Maverick motor sports (full plate)

Trying to see which would be the best one to go with
Jwt is out the picture due to the fact that I need to use their clutch setup

My main concern is being able to use my carbonetic triple disc clutch setup with this conversion
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #376
MattTenFour

I provided GKTech with my original order number and this was the response I received. I'd recommend sending them an email with your order number and they'll let you know if it needs to be replaced. They never contacted me prior to this so obviously they're not going out of their way to give out replacements. Here's the email they sent.

"The reason for my email today is that there may potentially be an issue with the shifter that we have sent to you.

To date we've sold over 200 of our Z33 shifters and unfortunately there appears to have been a material mixup (it seems as though some of the billets supplied were not 4130 chromoly that we had spec'd). To date this issue has effected 5 customers that we're aware of.

We currently have replacement shifters in production to replace all 200+ that have been sent out as a precautionary measure as we don't know which shifters have been effected. The replacement shifters are expected to arrive into both the Australian warehouse and US warehouse in around 1 weeks time.

The replacement shifters which are both stronger in design but most importantly the material confirmed to be in spec will be sent out at no cost to you."
Old 05-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #377
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
That's the same email that I received from them. So OBVIOUSLY they ARE reaching out to some people.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #378
MattTenFour

Quote:
That's the same email that I received from them. So OBVIOUSLY they ARE reaching out to some people.

Exactly, some people were contacted, but obviously not everyone with an effected shifter. Because of the issues I was having, I sent them an email with my order number and asked if mine was one of the units effected. Then I received a response telling me they would ship out a new shifter. So if anyone has yet to hear from them, hold tight, GKTech OBVIOUSLY has not contacted everyone yet.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #379
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
Exactly, some people were contacted, but obviously not everyone with an effected shifter. Because of the issues I was having, I sent them an email with my order number and asked if mine was one of the units effected. Then I received a response telling me they would ship out a new shifter. So if anyone has yet to hear from them, hold tight, GKTech OBVIOUSLY has not contacted everyone yet.

Your issue dosent seem to be relative to the recall (recall being that the material used for the shifter lever itself was not the correct one.) Yours seems like the shifter alignment itself to your transmission.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #380
MattTenFour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Your issue dosent seem to be relative to the recall (recall being that the material used for the shifter lever itself was not the correct one.) Yours seems like the shifter alignment itself to your transmission.
I didn't really think the shifter itself was the issue. I'm guessing either the shifter is not aligned correctly, rubbing the tunnel, or I have a bent shift fork. I figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out to GKTech and ask if anyone else was experiencing the same issue. I didn't know what the defect was with the first shifters they released until they sent me the email back.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #381
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Bought 3 shifter from gktech and got 3 email to send replacement parts !!! Not one shifter broke but for them to send the right stuff is great

+1 for gktech i love there customer service

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #382
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb26kouki View Post
Anyone running this trans on a KA & which adapter ? I mainly see SR & JZ guys doing this conversion

I founf 4 companies that makes them for the KA

Autotech (half plate)
Collins (full plate)
Jwt (auto bell housing)
Maverick motor sports (full plate)

Trying to see which would be the best one to go with
Jwt is out the picture due to the fact that I need to use their clutch setup

My main concern is being able to use my carbonetic triple disc clutch setup with this conversion
I all ready used (3x) autotech plate on sr and they are perfectly made ... super.fast shiping and great customer service ... you just need to make sure you have the proper air gap for the release bearing and the clutcg

The z33 bellhousing is huge tho and the auto bellhousing + midplate from JWT sure is a great alternative to help with clearence . I just never saw and used any

Stay away from collins . Bad fitment and poor machining on 2 kit we ordered (rb and 13b)

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #383
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
+1 for maverick motorsports. I am running their plate and flywheel with act 350z clutch. love the setup
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 AM   #384
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

As far as the GkTech one goes, I haven't actually received any replacement parts yet lol.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #385
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Got the Serialnine shifter installed and it's awesome. Had to cut the shifter hole back a bit and then a little more to be able to slide the shifter on with the transmission in the car. I'll be making a plate to cover the old shifter hole and the part that I had to cut out. The shifter Fits perfect in the console and shifter movement is great!

Old 05-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #386
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn that shifter position looks perfect. what engine is the trans mated to?
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 AM   #387
KyleT
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg51 View Post
damn that shifter position looks perfect. what engine is the trans mated to?

1jz vvti with the Collins adapter kit

Old 05-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #388
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Insert foot in mouth, my replacement parts for my GkTech shifter were in my mailbox for about a week XD
Old 05-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #389
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Shameless plug my complete SRVQ cd009 kit is for sale.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #390
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Aawaaqa!! igloo 9
Pplpl ppl plplplp)l]llpllplpl) p ok o0ll pplplom
O

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk