Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #901
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
Finally got my shifter and for some weird ass reason when in neutral pushing the shifter forward would be 5th gear and I have to go over to the left for 3rd. Sadly I?m almost positive it?s 5th too lol, I?ll figure it out once my driveshaft gets ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a YouTube clip for ya homie. Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/EDD46CZYVZM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-28-2020, 09:20 PM   #902
Vicious Beaner!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (38)
Vicious Beaner! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Anyone using a twin disc clutch with the mazworx cd009 kit. What sleeve for the throw out bearing are you guys using ? I have a exedy twin disc. Not quite sure if the stock 30501-K0404 24mm S13/S14 works with it since it's a twin disc.id appreciate any feedback thanks
Vicious Beaner! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:16 AM   #903
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
So, I got a question for everyone. I'm about to order my adapter kid from my jz/cd swap.

Measurements:
a340 Bellhousing
14 3/8" exterior diameter (top to bottom), 4 3/4" depth; 13" inside diameter, input shaft is centered @ 6.5"

CD009
16" exterior diameter (top to bottom), 6 3/4" depth (to second rib where cut is made); 13 1/4" inside diameter, input shaft centered @ 6 5/8"

Assuming the no-cut adapter ring is 1/2" and the "cut kit" adapter flange is 1.5", the overall length would be shorter with the cut kit (1.5"), while also having about an inch extra ground clearance, and less firewall bashing.

Is it worth the extra money converting to an internal slave set-up needed for the cut kit since my CD is external with a new slave?
Old 04-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #904
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Beaner! View Post
Anyone using a twin disc clutch with the mazworx cd009 kit. What sleeve for the throw out bearing are you guys using ? I have a exedy twin disc. Not quite sure if the stock 30501-K0404 24mm S13/S14 works with it since it's a twin disc.id appreciate any feedback thanks
I've used an OsGiken TS2BD twin disc with the Mazworx kit. I used the throw out bearing and sleeve that OsGiken prescribes to use with their clutch. No clue about other brands.

For what it's worth you have to use a shorter sleeve with the OsG twin disc, the factory sr sleeve is too long.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #905
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
ATS twin carbon carbon here with the Mazworx bell housing
Twin Disk TOB Sleeve
Standard S chassis fork (I was told my Maworx you cannot use the upgraded steel fork or pivot ball)
And twin disk TOB (part number Koyo/Nissan 30502-14601)

I think the TOB and sleeve are essentially universal across a majority of the most of the twin plates
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #906
Vicious Beaner!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
ATS twin carbon carbon here with the Mazworx bell housing
Twin Disk TOB Sleeve
Standard S chassis fork (I was told my Maworx you cannot use the upgraded steel fork or pivot ball)
And twin disk TOB (part number Koyo/Nissan 30502-14601)

I think the TOB and sleeve are essentially universal across a majority of the most of the twin plates
Have a # for the sleeve you are using or was it provided by ats ?

What about the nismo pivot ball . Looks identical as the stock sr one from a glance
Old 04-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #907
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Yep. Give me a few let me look up my receipt,

As long as it the SR height pivot ball for the SR20DET 5 speed, the nismo one should work
Old 04-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #908
Vicious Beaner!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yep. Give me a few let me look up my receipt,

As long as it the SR height pivot ball for the SR20DET 5 speed, the nismo one should work

Awesome thank you ! So far from what I've gathered for the mazworx bellhousing kit and exedy twin disc clutch I use the OEM sr20 24mm sleeve?
Old 04-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #909
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The Mazworx bellhousing is designed around the SR bellhousing dimensions, so any clutch parts for the regular sr 5-speed trans are cross compatible and that's the parts you would use for aftermarket clutches.

I've posted all the bearing/sleeve info for ORC twin discs before, pretty sure its the same as OsGiken as well.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You coulda just asked me dude haha.

Both the 559 and 659 ORC clutch use their "Type A" release bearing that is 67.1mm diameter http://www.paramo.jp/vp3.php?ci=ogur...echnical_13_en .
It's available to order on Nengun supposedly: https://www.nengun.com/orc/release-bearing

The nissan part number for the bearing is 30502-14601, they use an oem nissan bearing from a pickup and can order it really anywhere.

As far as the sleeve, it SHOULD work with 16mm or 18mm sleeves, according to ORC documentation: http://www.ogura-racing.com/pdf/partslist.pdf

OEM part numbers:
16mm: 30501-02C74
18mm: 30501-S0284

(I'm 99% sure one is literally a 350z clutch bearing sleeve, same as the one I used with my OsGiken twin disc)
Quote:
Awesome thank you ! So far from what I've gathered for the mazworx bellhousing kit and exedy twin disc clutch I use the OEM sr20 24mm sleeve?
If that clutch is designed to use that sleeve, should probably contact Exedy to verify they don't require a specific sleeve for the twin disc.

Generally the twin disc stack height is taller than a single disc and requires a shorter sleeve. I'd be surprised if their twin plate is the same height as a single.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:33 PM   #910
Vicious Beaner!
Zilvia FREAK!

So yea contacted exedy and they said it uses the stock oem sleeve from an sr20det which would be a 24mm sleeve and just pair it with thier tob provided . Def would have though it would of been a shorter one like said since it's for a twin disc . Looks like I'll have to mock it up and see how everything is lining up

Last edited by Vicious Beaner!; 05-01-2020 at 07:51 AM..
Old 05-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #911
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Guys I?m running Redline MT-85 fluid and I get some nasty shifts when the trans is cold but it shifts great once it finally warms up. You guys have the same experience? What?s everyone using?

Also with a the brand new trans do you guys change the fluid after a few miles or nah?

Old 05-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #912
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Which is also the JDM S14 & S15 ratio.
S15 6spd maybe but the 5spds never had that low of gearing in the differential.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #913
Boostin Caffeine

Trader Rating: (0)
Boostin Caffeine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What?s up dudes.. Newbie, but FAR long time lurker of the forums, just here to shed some info that may or may not have been covered before.

Starting off, the Factory CDXXX to End of service cover is 28?

With the collins A340, it?s the same 28?. Maybe useless to know, but that means the sandwich plate Adaptor adds about 1/2? to the total length.

I?m running factory flywheel M/T 3RZ bolts, this is because the Collins kit comes with some trash nonflanged grade 10.9 bolts. The 3RZ are 12 point, and high grade with factory thread locker cost: $20 from my local Yota dealer.
The collins Full Kit comes with some trash Ebay clutch setup, so I opted for a Southbends Clutch, and my Slave cylinder is a factory GM part, as far as my clutch lines and Bleeder valve, I went with the ISR T56 remote kit (comes with Wilwood MC setup). As far as the shifter goes, many probably know by now the collins shifter is trash, I made the mistake of buying it, and I?ll post a vid of how suicidal the shifts are.

Collins Shifter:
https://youtu.be/eolBShUOVfY

The Diff I?ll be using is an Early model Q45 6 bolt diff, with z33 axles. This diff is a similar ratio as the factory 350z rear diff, but complete bolt on for S13s.

I?ve bought both my CD009 Transmissions for $200, the trick is to look for 05? G/Z transmission, most of these are marked CD#1 on the casings. This doesn?t mean they are CD001 or CD008. Nissan recalled some transmissions for the syncros, and replaced the transmissions with Early CD009s. I?ve confirmed my ?Gold? transmission is in fact a true CD009 with ConceptZMotorsports. But it was for sale as a CD001, and I?ve seen others posted for sale the same way. Just a good thing to keep in mind while looking for them.

Sorry for longish post, but hopefully something is useful to someone.
Boostin Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #914
Boostin Caffeine

Boostin Caffeine is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up Peeps, just a Super Noob floating in, but long time lurker. Here to share useless info, and my build so far.

So to kick things off some info... Which maybe useful to someone out there.

Stock uncut CD009 Bellhousing-Service tunnel distance: 28"

Collins A340/CD009 Bellhousing-Service cover: 28"

If you run the sandwich plate i guess expect about 1/2" more, so the shifter will be moved further rearwards.

Okay, so the Collins kit is OK, but he sends it with garbage nonFlange 10.9 Flywheel bolts. Due to the flywheel thickness and Crank hole depth, this makes it kinda a pain to find bolts for, you can cut ARPs if you want.
I went with OEM 3RZ M/T Flywheel bolts, all 8 from my local dealer for $20.

Shifter is Trash as well, i'll be selling mine because im scared to Money Shift with it, i'll post a vid of how suicidal the shifts are and Reverse is.
I'm running a factory T56 Slave, with the ISR T56 relocation kit from Enjuku Racing, this kit comes with a Wilwood MC as well. AS well Collins sends an Ebay clutch with his kit, but marks it up as a premium. I opted for a SouthBends DxD clutch.

So for peeps looking to ball on a budget like i did, i bought both my CD009's for $200. Just look for 05' Transmissions, early 05' were recalled for synco issues, and replaced with Early Edition CD009's, these transmissions only have CD#1 on the casing, and other wise thought of as CD001's. My "Gold" transmission was confirmed by ConceptZmotorsports as a true CD009 by the vin plate, and the CD#2 in the input shaft plate.

AS for a decent diff, i'll be running an Early Q45 6 bolt diff, with Z33 axles. This is a direct bolt in for an S13, and is the same Ratio as a factory 350z to match the trans. This car is being built as a cruiser for me and my girl.
Building an 800hp 2J/CD for my S14

As far as my build, its a 1JZ VVTi, with the Collins A340 setup, in a 91 Hatch S13 ive owned since i was 15 flipping burgers Fast Food.
Boostin Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #915
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Guys I?m running Redline MT-85 fluid and I get some nasty shifts when the trans is cold but it shifts great once it finally warms up. You guys have the same experience? What?s everyone using?

Also with a the brand new trans do you guys change the fluid after a few miles or nah?

Switch to amsoil. Helped my cd a lot back in the day in my Z.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #916
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Word ill have to give it a shot. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #917
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
S15 6spd maybe but the 5spds never had that low of gearing in the differential.
S14 AND S15 turbo models had 3.69 final drive. S13 N/A and turbo, and S14 & S15 N/A had 4.08 final drive.

Source: factory service manuals, verified with JDM differentials. My S14 5spd 3rd is long af, gets me to 80-90 ish.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #918
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Wild, I didn't like Amsoil in my G35. Was notchy in the winter when cold, Redline MT85 has been great for me.

I know some of the older trans pre-CD009 were notchy simply due to the unrevised syncro setup on those (double cone vs triple cone in CD009). A lot of people just call any Z33 trans a CD009 not realizing the early models kinda sucked.

Last edited by LoSt180; 05-13-2020 at 01:04 PM..
Old 05-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #919
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Wild, I didn't like Amsoil in my G35. Was notchy in the winter when cold, Redline MT85 has been great for me.

I know some of the older trans pre-CD009 were notchy simply due to the unrevised syndro setup on those (double cone vs triple cone in CD009). A lot of people just call any Z33 trans a CD009 not realizing the early models kinda sucked.
We're in Florida not Maryland. Mike run the amsoil trust me on this.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #920
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
We're in Florida not Maryland. Mike run the amsoil trust me on this.
Link to which formulation or details to which Amsoil gear oil you used?
Old 05-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #921
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Link to which formulation or details to which Amsoil gear oil you used?
Their Manual Transmission Lube 75W-90 is GL4 formulated.
https://www.amsoil.com/p/manual-tran...be-75w-90-mtg/
Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #922
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
S14 AND S15 turbo models had 3.69 final drive. S13 N/A and turbo, and S14 & S15 N/A had 4.08 final drive.

Source: factory service manuals, verified with JDM differentials. My S14 5spd 3rd is long af, gets me to 80-90 ish.
So you're telling me, if I buy a JDM S14 SR20DET differential, it will have a 3.69 gear ratio?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #923
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
So you're telling me, if I buy a JDM S14 SR20DET differential, it will have a 3.69 gear ratio?
That's exactly what I'm telling you.

S14 FSM:

S15 FSM:
Old 05-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #924
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm telling you.

S14 FSM:

S15 FSM:

Would it be possible to swap that ring gear into an S13 diff?

Old 05-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #925
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Would it be possible to swap that ring gear into an S13 diff?
Yes, ring gear & pinion swaps are pretty common on R200 diffs. You can also use the whole pumpkin and just swap the rear cover to use it in an S13.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #926
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Yes, ring gear & pinion swaps are pretty common on R200 diffs. You can also use the whole pumpkin and just swap the rear cover to use it in an S13.

Good to know. I?ve got a Kaaz 2 way in mine currently that I don?t want to lose. Just want better gearing for highway cruising

Old 06-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #927
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Confirmed. 350/370 gearboxes are loud lol. Its only obnoxious because most if use drive a tin can for a vehicle with lack of sound and heat insulation lol.

I added some heat/sound insulation and will probably add more later down the line
Old 06-07-2020, 05:45 PM   #928
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Confirmed. 350/370 gearboxes are loud lol. Its only obnoxious because most if use drive a tin can for a vehicle with lack of sound and heat insulation lol.

I added some heat/sound insulation and will probably add more later down the line
True story. Oddly enough mine has actually quieted down as I?ve put some miles on it. Mine was factory new using serialnine bell housing and comp clutch stage 4 clutch.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #929
ph1tnessjunk1e

ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Anyone know the thread pitch and bolt length for the 2 bolts that hold the trans mount in place? Thanks

Did you find this out? I didn't see a reply.

Quote:
Had to pull the engine and bash the shit outta the tunnel for a better fit. Here's the final placement of the shifter.
Looks great!!

I just got the engine (2JZ) and trans (CD009) installed today, however, the engine brackets won't quite sit right on the mounts. Anyways, I think it may be interfering in the trans tunnel, where did you bash?
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:37 PM   #930
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1tnessjunk1e View Post
Did you find this out? I didn't see a reply.

Looks great!!

I just got the engine (2JZ) and trans (CD009) installed today, however, the engine brackets won't quite sit right on the mounts. Anyways, I think it may be interfering in the trans tunnel, where did you bash?

Yeah I don?t remember off the top of my head but I got some hardware from ACE that worked.

Basically bashed along that piece that goes around the tunnel (sheet metal tack welded on) just mash both side and the top flat. Should give you enough clearance. I did install my trans mount to make sure those holes didn?t shift though with all the bashing. Good luck