Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #331
rakooda
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
rakooda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rakooda
BEST go get your demo. haha how sad though. Currently ranked 803rd place in the tuned 370z @ 1:41.879 LOL pathetic... I know. Has anyone else tried this out yet?

Drifting in this game seems like its going to be fuuunnn. Not nearly as hard as before. Which kinda sucks but is coo at the same time. Less work to do I guess hahah
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 AM   #332
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
fastest i got in the tuned was 1:46:xxx

lol, so i gave up trying to get a good time and started drifting
dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #333
rakooda
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
rakooda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rakooda
lol yeah... I feel your pain. I just wanted to do the regular car to see what my overall ranking would be. I'm right at 260th overall -_-; I think some drifting in the game is now in order.

Haha this makes me super anxious for the full version to come out now.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #334
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post

It's like waiting for the next transformers movie haha!
...not at all, those movies suck.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #335
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
will dl this now, havnt fired up the ps3 in a while been busy.

I bet all the low lap times are guys wiht sim setups/steering wheels, you get a better feel for the game/better immersion.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #336
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

I bet all the low lap times are guys wiht sim setups/steering wheels, you get a better feel for the game/better immersion.
without a doubt. i think the fastest is like 1:35:xxx haha. well atleast when i played last night it was.
dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #337
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Downloading it after I get off of work. Synopsys is kicking my ass right now.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #338
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i dont think Ill be good, used the six axis that came with my ps3. Ill try my G25 wheel tomarrow
Old 12-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #339
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

it tells you what control set up they are using if you click on their name in the ranking.

the fastest guy with a controller was like #7 or so last i checked, so no excuses guys. but if it makes any of you feel better, i could only hit rank 1200 or so after maybe a dozen laps.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #340
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
So far, I'm clocking in at 1:43+ with the tuned car with with my old dualshock3 and no traction control. Still trying to memorize the track. Once I learn the track with the tuned car, I'll get back into the normal car.

I don't see a whole lot of graphic improvement yet, but the car sound effects are a crapload better than Prologue's, but still not NFS good yet. It's a move in the right direction though.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #341
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
gt is all about time attack.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #342
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hmm I need to try this, I got 3rd with a controller on the last demo. Will report back later.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #343
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
1.40.297 with the controller I suck.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #344
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
damn you guys get a demo every year? :X
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #345
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Hey guys... How do you turn your traction control off in the Normal Car challenge? In 'driver options' menu, mine is stuck on level 7, but everybody in the rankings board has theirs off... WTF.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #346
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Gonna get to play this tomorrow at my friends house. I'm bringing my cockpit over to try out for the first time.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #347
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Hey guys... How do you turn your traction control off in the Normal Car challenge? In 'driver options' menu, mine is stuck on level 7, but everybody in the rankings board has theirs off... WTF.
i didn't realize you could turn it off. i assumed it was impossible to.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #348
simmode1
Post Whore!

Thats what I assumed too, until I looked at the rankings board.

Also, EVERYBODY seems to be using some badass steering wheel setup. Maybe it's only an option if you have that steering wheel? I dunno...

I refuse to spend money on video game peripherals that I could be spending on my cars in real life...
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #349
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
tha'd be sick if the customization in this game was like forza but you could get fucking legit wheels and aero for the dori cars
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #350
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
WHOA! New Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ6GXh9uas
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #351
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Date confirmed for Japan. March 25th.

Retailer Dates Gran Turismo 5 and God of War III for Japan - PlayStation 3 story - at IGN
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #352
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Dammit I need to stop getting used to Forza. I feel like I'm cheating on my pride and joy haha
Old 01-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #353
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Dammit I need to stop getting used to Forza. I feel like I'm cheating on my pride and joy haha
I feel the same way.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #354
simmode1
Post Whore!

March 25th, huh? Seems right on target for an early summer release in the U.S... Excellent. That's not too far off anymore.

Please don't screw us, Digital Polyphony. (you know they will though...)
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #355
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Ah WTF. I'll be in basic training when it comes out :-(
GT5 is really the only reason I even bought a stupidass PS3 lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #356
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Im down to a 1:40.362 with the Tuned car.. almost making the top 250 only a couple more seconds

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #357
inte_DK

inte_DK is an unknown quantity at this point
1min38,772sec @ Logitech Driving Force Pro
inte_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #358
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Im down to a 1:40.362 with the Tuned car.. almost making the top 250 only a couple more seconds
I quit when I hit 1:41:8xx. It was clear I wasn't gonna get anymore speed out of the car...

Went back to playing Prologue...
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #359
HyperTek
Post Whore!

i traded prologue, sell it for the most value right now before it drops to zero when GT5 actually hits lol

Gran Turismo 5 – Playstation Magazine Reveals New Details ยป VirtualR – Sim Racing News

Quote:
The upcoming issue of the Official Playstation Magazine will have an extensive article on Polyphony’s Gran Turismo 5, revealing some exclusive details on the upcoming Playstation 3 racing title.

Perhaps the most exciting news is that the Indycar Series (IRL) will be joining GT5 as both the Dallara Indycars and some of the series’ tracks will be in the game. Furthermore, the article confirms that both night racing and weather effects will be included.

Details in a nutshell:

- The IRL will join the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the World Rally Championship as third high-profile series license in GT5.

- GT 5 will include over 1000 cars, all of which will be having a fully modelled cockpit-view

- Both night racing and weather effects will make their debut in a GT-series title

- All cars will have deformation damage, race cars will be having detachable parts and interior damage visible in cockpit view too

- GT5 will run in 1080p HD resolution at 60fps, maxing out the Playstation 3’s abilities according to Polyphony Digital

- The game will include both classical petrol-powered cars as well as green approaches including hybrids and fully-electrical cars like the Tesla Roadster

- The game’s online mode is planned to support up to 16 players

- No word on the planned US/Europe release has been given

You can read the full article below thanks to GTPlanet user “Digital-Nitrate”, the article also includes an interesting interview with GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi.
Sweet, nice to see IRL cars, hopefully the game will allow private hosts etc, so leagues can play *leagues is the equivalent to clans on shooter games lol
Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #360
simmode1
Post Whore!

And of course... no aero personalization. *sigh*