Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #301
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i'll give you a fishhook bitch!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #302
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
YOU GON DIE!

not caps
Old 01-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #303
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
bride euro II... hotness.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #304
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why are you buying over priced shit at crutchfield?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #305
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Why are you buying over priced shit at crutchfield?
it's the only fucking store online that has everything i'm looking for in one place, I don't have a car to drive all over the earth to hit up the local swap meet for sweet ass stolen audio and power wires to save a buck.

I try to find out where to purchase this stuff online from the manufactuers themselves, and nobody carries their products.

any other recommendations?

my pictures will suck until I re-up my photobucket.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #306
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Try here baller. Stinger products are pretty good too. 1/0 AWG wire is 3.99/ft

Car Audio Stereo at HiFiSoundconnection
onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #307
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
Try here baller. Stinger products are pretty good to. 1/0 AWG wire is 3.99/ft

Car Audio Stereo at HiFiSoundconnection
I was trying to find some car audio power wire with diamonds in it, so my car can shine... while i'm shining... and stunt, stuntin like my daddy. But I take it they don't carry it... oh actually i've been to this place before, the site navigation is fucking atrocious!

.... manhugs?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #308
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Alright been about a week since the last update... last weekend I didn't do shit to my car really... It was great actually to relax for one weekend ya know! Anyway later today I'm going to call my friends at FR sport to order my clutch disc, then head over to West Covina Nissan to pick up my nismo pilot bearing on the weekend and we're going to get this tranny back on this motor...

While I'm in the process of doing that i will begin re-assembly of the motor... I am pricing out an fittings and lines for this oil adapter block that I purchased. I think I may have to get some new fittings to be safe, the stance oil block adapter got a little dinged up in shipping...

on top of the fact the fed ex dumb shit dropped off the oil adapter package, but decided he wanted a signature to drop off my head gasket (for my ka24de)... the fucking logic of these people.

Anyway continuing on from my last update before my photobucket pro account expired...

Here is a quick shot of my Nissan parts box with all new stuff I need to install, maybe I'll tackle that oil pickup this weekend too.

The only reason I didn't take the turbo elbow off is all of the other bolts are on there pretty good, so it's not leaking where that missing stud and bolt should be... if it comes to that I guess I can use the extra studs frsport sent me. (if I can extract without fucking up the turbo)

old shit!

new shit

yes I stripped that edge... =(

what can I say, your boy has retard strength! or is just retarded for not taking that turbo elbow off, if it ain't broke, I ain't fucking with it... I don't know a lot about turbo's so doing maintenance on one is headache enough I think.

and that concluded the work I did on the 8th, let me tell you my girlfriend was hella mad only due to the fact I started working on the car at 11:30pm on the 7th and did this last install after a nap around 11:30pm again! but the whole engine is together waiting to be dropped in, just gotta put this stance joint on the block and call it a day!

Fast forward to 1/10/2008

My pops wants me to get that s13 running and out of his garage, armed with little to no info on how to swap my engine in that car and make it work is a challenge, so I was just going to break the engine down into pieces and throw it in the hatch back until I was ready for re-assembly.

Whats this?

So I head on over there with my/his tools only to see that he had the intake manifold on my moms 2003 accord coupe off... apparently rats have been climbing onto the engine and chewing up shit on the harness (they like the heat) My moms CEL went off and I guess they ate the knock sensor, so Honda wanted to charge my dad 160 bucks to replace his engine harness and wanted 300 dollars for the labor to put it in and fix the knock sensor...

My pops said FUCK THAT! and took it apart himself... as you can see now where I get it from, kind of comes naturally.

Some fun pictures!

So I told my dad I can fix it for him, so I took it home and did my magic.

I put all new wire on both ends, and put heat shrink slips all through it but enough so it can still bend, sleeved it and h/s on the ends.

Don't believe me it was rats that did that?

rat droppings in the intake manifold plenum

heh, my dad and I spent like 30 minutes trying to put the knock sensor bracket back on the sensor wire without disturbing the fact we got it plugged in... to remove the intake manifold at this stage you have to undo one side of the head which moves back and forth to adjust the timing to break that loose... Honda just loves making their new engines a bitch to work on, so we stuck it out... unfortunately dad the "toolman" taylor ugh ugh ugh'ed the fucking knock sensor in have tugging the wire LOL!

So he had to run down to Honda to re-purchase the knock sensor he just returned after he found out he didn't need... talk about a bitch... at least it was only 40 bucks. Unlike the 120 mine was for the fucking KA24DE...

FINALLY got that shit in, took dark to do anything else as I have the rest of our shop lights at my pad and my dad had to take off for an appt..

at least they are making good use of my s13... as a shelf.

Fast forward to Sunday. 1/11/2009

So I went down in the garage... looked at my fuse box, and decided to de-pin it and separate it from... well the box.

This is where I ended off...

progress...

fast forward to Monday... 1/12/2009
I spent Monday at work pretty much putting together my cart for the shit I need from crutchfield, I'm just going to run all street wires components and take it as a convenience cost. I really wouldn't mind saving a buck but I really don't have the time, money, or resources to run all over sourcing equipment... since the fsm is confusing as fuck to decipher on paper, I took advantage of having dual sided printers at work and send the EL section of the fsm to one of our boss hog printers... took about 15 minutes to print out 255 pages crisp as shit. So i spent the evening familiarizing myself on understanding Nissan circuit design and then taking notes on how I intend to improve it for my own use.

So yeah, here I am 1AM 1 foot in bed after writing my footnotes and following the "how to read a Nissan wire diagram" section in the fsm index. Too bad I didn't tell the printer to hole punch my print job while I was at it lol.

Also I got some toys in the mail... i am kind of bummed because i could've sworn that I purchased an s14-15 upper water neck and turns out that it's an s13 water neck so no front routed coolant lines, I'll see what Karim can do for me in regards to that and if nothing then I'll just take it as a loss due to neglegence... however I did score an s15 valve cover for my s13/s14 hybrid valve cover... cannot wait =) so excited...

I also got that stance oil block adapter in the mail, it didn't come in a box or something, just an fyi to the seller probably would be a good idea to ship these in a small box in pieces rather than those bubble envelopes. Not that I care that the part is scratched up for what i paid for it... One of the AN fittings is bent and the opening on another one is tweaked too. I didn't feel like making the gif files so you can watch my crappy non narrated videos.

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/2823991[/video]
[video]http://www.vimeo.com/2824016[/video]
[video]http://www.vimeo.com/2824024[/video]

How does the surface look, was the paint removed with aircraft stripper or something you think? I'm going to pm the seller just in case since I was told bead blasting is a big no no.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #309
onepuff
Zilvia Member

onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Oh no more wiring for you. You sure you didn't have one of these in that Accord.

Pit bull gets stuck in truck engine - MSN Video

You poor bastard you look tired as shit. You'll figure the wiring out eventually. LOL

It does look like aircraft stripper was used. I don't see why bead blasting would hurt it I know i've been sandblasting all kinds of cast AL shit lately. It looks pretty clean though already, why would you need to blast it anyway?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #310
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I was just making sure, apparently bead blasting causes cracks... figured it was aircraft remover.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #311
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Yeah you can see the chemical oxidation from where he didn't rinse after striping. Soda Blasting would be the best.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #312
Om1kron
Post Whore!

when it's time for me to send them off to brian w I'm going to ask how he does his stuff so I don't waste time grinding shit off of both vc's and going to throw an an fitting on the side of the valve cover as well. Pretty much replicate his valve cover
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #313
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Still one of the most interesting builds around. I think it's silly that you're buying all this wire if you're going to retain the OEM stuff though... I know you're not spending $300 on just the battery wire lol.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #314
Om1kron
Post Whore!

nah it's like 100 bucks just for the terminals...

the 0/1 wire is about 7.99 a foot, i'm buying about 13 feet of it...

it's the same thing with an plumbing...

all -10 fittings....

oh 2 male fittings here 10 bucks each that's 20.
oh 2 female fittings another 20
oh 2 90 angle fittings here thats 32 bucks
oh oil adapter that's going to be 60

not bad a little over 100 bucks...

oh i need about 10 feet of aerospace flame retardant hose (since it is carrying oil) would make sense... 8 bucks a foot...

damn we're in the 200 range now...

guess i need two more 90's for that oil cooler 32 bucks
and bling an 10x7 core or whatever... like 2 bills

holy fuck! cold oil is serious business.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #315
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
mmm...roasted rat droppings with a hint of lemon.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #316
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
nah it's like 100 bucks just for the terminals...
They saw you comin a mile away I bet... They're like, "This guy's a total "parts slut", he'll pay anything for these crimped connections... Lets charge him triple."

Wayne: "Ok, I like ramen"

Lol. $100 for terminals is ridiculous. Forget about 0/1ga, stick to 4ga and use some cheapo terminals with allen-set-screws - they work great lol.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #317
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
They saw you comin a mile away I bet... They're like, "This guy's a total "parts slut", he'll pay anything for these crimped connections... Lets charge him triple."

Wayne: "Ok, I like ramen"

Lol. $100 for terminals is ridiculous. Forget about 0/1ga, stick to 4ga and use some cheapo terminals with allen-set-screws - they work great lol.
I'll put cheap shit on the other car... fuck that car... this car is like my child I love it... I'll probably hate it the day I track it and wreck it. But I like to do things over the top, why not I only live once. I'm not trying to be an s-chassis whore like the guys that have been here for years.

build a track whore, wreck it to shit, hop to a different chassis and rinse and repeat until I decide shits gay and I buy a honda and don't admit to it for daily driving.

Besides, i'm not just doing this for a stock sr20.. I mean the piece of shit is stock now for the most part...

but full race twin scroll dual wastegated manifold with a gt3076r turbo other neato shit in it, and most likely a fully built sr at that point... I don't want to upgrade little shit later when i'm focused on 401k draining shit like that.

Our work is never over. I am going to move to alhambra pretty soon, any vacancies in your building, saw you had a garage... I'm definitely looking for a 2 car garage I can put a shelf, air compressor, and a toolbox in.

and just in case you missed this above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron
the 0/1 wire is about 7.99 a foot, i'm buying about 13 feet of it...

it's the same thing with an plumbing...

all -10 fittings....

oh 2 male fittings here 10 bucks each that's 20.
oh 2 female fittings another 20
oh 2 90 angle fittings here thats 32 bucks
oh oil adapter that's going to be 60

not bad a little over 100 bucks...

oh i need about 10 feet of aerospace flame retardant hose (since it is carrying oil) would make sense... 8 bucks a foot...

damn we're in the 200 range now...

guess i need two more 90's for that oil cooler 32 bucks
and bling an 10x7 core or whatever... like 2 bills

holy fuck! cold oil is serious business.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #318
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I would also like to add. I have not had a good history with my cars and their alternators. I think every car I've owned had an alternator die on it besides my fit... It just didn't have the time to die, but I knew it in my heart that shit wanted to crap out too... So this way I will know that battery is not draining and that alternator will last a long time.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #319
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Hahaha I <3 your OCD. Makes me feel so much better to know I'm in good company.

My building is awesome (flat driveway, nice garage, nice neighbors), but my landlord is SUPER GAY - when I moved in, I told him I worked on cars, wanted to put a workbench and lights in the garage, so I'd need to drill anchors in the concrete retaining wall - he said "ok, just don't hit any pipes"...

... soon as I bring my cars over, he's all in my shit about "turning the place into a garage", and "look like shit!" (he's SUPER Chinese). He's threatened me/etc with all sorts of shit, basically tried to make my life a living hell just for working on my car in the garage.

So no, don't move in here lol.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #320
Om1kron
Post Whore!

hahaha tell him it will earn him more business LOL!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #321
onepuff
Zilvia Member

I hope you at least got your an fittings from anplumbing.com and not somewhere like summit or jegs. I love being 30 minutes away from Summit for the covenience of it, but I priced out the stuff to tuck my brake and clutch lines and came out like$100 cheaper at anplumbing.com
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #322
Om1kron
Post Whore!

i dont like summit, navigating their site gives me a headache... anplumbing is great... straight forward, no blinking side mirror bullshit.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #323
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Taka clutch line, new clutch disc, new radiator hoses came in the mail today... yee yee!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #324
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Makin big moves, doin big things. Keep us posted.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #325
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Now just don't forget to use JDM Coolant when the time comes. Can't wait to see that Crutchfield order.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #326
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection

your gasket doesnt look as bad as the one i pulled off my front clip years ago. its a challenge keeping those turbos tightened down, its common to see blown apart gaskets.

the crutchfield shit is rather wasteful, but what can you do. you can research and get these parts for cheaper from mainstream distributors who specialize in electronic supplies. the problem is, their websites are rather cumbersome and you need to look through numerous PDF files to find the exact item you need.

fyi, you may want to check and see if you have an surplus yard near you. i bought thousands of feet of wire (not cheap pvc, high temp wire) of 12-14-18 gauge wire, as well as some 4 & 8 gauge wire.

want to know the nice thing about buying from surplus stores? THEY SELL BY THE POUND. fuck buying wire by the foot.

if i can give you any advice, dont use the factory fuse/relay setup. if you're good with a multimeter, you'll be much happier building your own wiring setup. i did, and i shaved down a shitload of unsightly factory electronics.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #327
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Good with a multi-meter as in, building each individual circuit at a time, and testing it to make sure it reads within oem spec... However as luxurious as that idea sounds, please believe me. I just do not have the time to have the car down anymore. I still need to "register" it for 09...

That's the funny thing about the internet ya know! NOOOOOOOOOOBODY else wants to do all of that work and share how they did it because they don't want to become an online contact to troubleshoot peopls problems...

Secondly, they spend so much money on parts they cant afford a camera, or cant afford 34 bucks a year for a photobucket account with damn near unlimited bandwidth.

Or they want to make a business out of it (Kind of like this one guy I saw online that makes these really neat tail lamps! What a dick!) and they just so happen not to live in the state of California and the few who do are backlogged with work due to kids getting credit to modify cars that will be stolen because they didn't invest in security.

<3 Vin Disel!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #328
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I'm going to pm the seller just in case since I was told bead blasting is a big no no.
Who told you that? Youre talking about the valve cover right?
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #329
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto347 View Post
Who told you that? Youre talking about the valve cover right?

read daniel san!!!

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/228728-hybr...ve-covers.html
Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #330
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Yea if you do blast it you wanna make sure you tape it up good. Especially around the baffling.