Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
17x10" +12 FN01rc on S13?

about to order 17x9 +20 in the front with a stretched 215, and 17x10 +12 in the rear with a streched 235.. i have rolled/ pulled fenders all around so will it be a problem clearing on an S13? also, what side walls should i get with that tire size to make it look a little "meaty" not like im rolling on rubber bands you know what i mean? thanks for the help in advance.. also, does anyone have pics of a 17x10 +12 mounted in the rear of an S13? searched all day all i could find was a pic of 17x10 +35 on an S13...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #2
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You should be ok, but you'll definitely need that pull. Check www.MA-Motorsports.com in the gallery, I believe they have a couple cars running that wheel in the rear. Burgundy Fastback and Champagne coupe with S13 front end. Don't quote me on that though. I think that's what Brian told me at the last event...

Bryan
Old 09-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
r thizzel

Trader Rating: (0)
r thizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to r thizzel
go with a 40-45 sidewall,,,prolly 45 to satisfy ur meat craving
Old 09-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
I know that they barely clear using 30mm overfenders. for tire size I'd recommend 245/40-17. Maybe 45 if it'll clear.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #5
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee

Woody's old car, RIP

When I go home from work, I'll look some more up, there are pics of those on his new hatch with much less roll, also pics of them on Brians coupe.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 09-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
why not just go with the 10 +35 in the back instead?

you're putting a 17x9+20 in the front, which isn't nearly as aggressive as the 17x10+12 you want to put. the 10 +35 is gonna be plenty flush, just order that imo.

you have 5 lug only in the back? no hate, gotta save that paper!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

lv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfectionlv-180sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
why not just go with the 10 +35 in the back instead?

you're putting a 17x9+20 in the front, which isn't nearly as aggressive as the 17x10+12 you want to put. the 10 +35 is gonna be plenty flush, just order that imo.

you have 5 lug only in the back? no hate, gotta save that paper!
haha, yeah im just doing 5-lug to the rear because its easier and ALOT cheaper..

thanks for all the help guys! post more pics if you can
Old 09-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Carisma•FR
Zilvia Member

Carisma•FR is on a distinguished road
17x10 +12
235/40/17

Old 09-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
^^^^ thats hot...but when you hit a bump would the tires hit the rear fender and rub?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
Carisma•FR
Zilvia Member

Carisma•FR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaanime
^^^^ thats hot...but when you hit a bump would the tires hit the rear fender and rub?
My rear fender is pulled ~15mm. No rubbing.

vik, seems like you got that buckle on the quarter panels too. i got one on each side at the same exact spot!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #11
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisma•FR
My rear fender is pulled ~15mm. No rubbing.

vik, seems like you got that buckle on the quarter panels too. i got one on each side at the same exact spot!!
haha, happend to me to on the SAME side too.. people were telling me you have to heat up the quarter panel with a torch first to avoid buckling.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #12
vik
Leaky Injector

vik is an unknown quantity at this point
with the right pull you can fit just about any rim even without wide fenders
here's 18x10 -5 offset on my hatch
kinda shitty pic but you get the idea
Old 09-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
^^^ shiet that hot too...them mesh rims..nice...
Old 09-01-2005, 04:59 PM   #14
vik
Leaky Injector

i used a fuking torch but it wasnt enough. The best way is to get ur pull ready and have a body shop fix the dents and waves... that shit happens every time
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #15
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
18x9.5 +12 R (fender pull on rear)
17x8 +25 F
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/100_0647.jpg
Need spacer for front..
Old 09-01-2005, 10:20 PM   #16
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
what is up with people stretching tires????
Old 09-02-2005, 02:01 AM   #17
lv-180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb890
what is up with people stretching tires????
normaly i woudnt stretch tires, but since these wheels are so huge i need as much clearance as possible.. the slanting of the side wall should give me enough room to clear a slightyl pulled fender, unlike the straight sidewall of a 265..
Old 09-01-2005, 11:22 PM   #18
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
its not gay? like your car? (i dont know what you drive, but given the question you asked, i already know)
Old 09-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #19
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
stretch tires let you use the heaviest rim possible to put down as little rubber on the road. ITS JDM!
it does look kinda nice sometimes though.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #20
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
or you could actually do it right and run tires that fit right. fucking people i swear... people who stretch their tires obviously don't care about performance, unless you're a sweet drift0r, then i guess it doesnt matter and the smaller contact patch is good.

chmercer, you're a moron. go back to your awesome 18x10 rims that don't even perform as well as a set of 17x9s with tires that actually fit because you stretched the shit outta your tires and you're rolling on rubber bands... too cool. i bet that car looks badass while its parked and not moving, because thats all stretched tires are good for (even though they don't even look good)

i don't know what is up with the trend of "flush" rims with huge lips and stretched tires, waste of fucking money and performance.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #21
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Dude, how about you calm down.
People can do what they want, and you may not like it, but doesn't put you in a position to be a dink about it.
Go start a pissing parade in another thread instead of taking this one there.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #22
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
17x9 +20 offset... that blows... it means you will have to run full positive camber on your OE bolts and full negative on a camber plate just to get your wheel to sit straight.

you need a 17x9 + 10 if you want your upper camber plates to work.
I got a 17x9 +15 and i hate the fact that i have to use spacers to get some savage negative.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM   #23
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR
17x9 +20 offset... that blows... it means you will have to run full positive camber on your OE bolts and full negative on a camber plate just to get your wheel to sit straight.

you need a 17x9 + 10 if you want your upper camber plates to work.
I got a 17x9 +15 and i hate the fact that i have to use spacers to get some savage negative.

I'm running 17 x 9 +20 with no problems at all just rolled fenders, but I haven't droped her yet either, when I do I'll probably have to pull too. I imagine you wouldn't have to adjust your settings this extreme unless your slamming the car right? The most I'll be able to drop my car is 2 inches anyway, if I go anymore I won't be able to make into my driveway or drive more farther than 5 miles on the OK roads.

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #24
vik
Leaky Injector

Quote:
or you could actually do it right and run tires that fit right. fucking people i swear... people who stretch their tires obviously don't care about performance, unless you're a sweet drift0r, then i guess it doesnt matter and the smaller contact patch is good.

chmercer, you're a moron. go back to your awesome 18x10 rims that don't even perform as well as a set of 17x9s with tires that actually fit because you stretched the shit outta your tires and you're rolling on rubber bands... too cool. i bet that car looks badass while its parked and not moving, because thats all stretched tires are good for (even though they don't even look good)

i don't know what is up with the trend of "flush" rims with huge lips and stretched tires, waste of fucking money and performance.
ahahahahahaha going to the homosexual parade this weekend
make sure to tell all your homo friends about streching tires and big lips or make your own thread about it
why dont you concentrate on making your car into whatever you want it to be somewhere far away
crawl back to your hole until you have something useful to say faggot....
Old 09-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #25
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

yea i dunno what the fuck is up with people increasing the track on their cars to make it more stable. id rather have my car be as narrow as possible. AWESOME. yea i guess 265f / 275r is rubber bands. id rather have your big dog steam roller 205s or whatever crackerjack shit you roll around on when your heading to the grocery store strapped in with your type r seatbelt pad. oh yea and i guess thats why my car was on the news for drifting, since i park it all over the place (not moving). go pick up some 1995 issues of super street, seems right up your alley.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #26
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

okay mr. stretchy tires that can't handle for shit i love you guys too.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #27
vik
Leaky Injector

Quote:
okay mr. stretchy tires that can't handle for shit i love you guys too.
i guess 245's on a 10j is not enough contact patch for you
or how bout mercer's 275's on 12j
ahhhh didnt think so.
btw what size tires and rims are you running right now?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #28
s134
Zilvia Addict

s134 is a well-known jackass
here are some 255's very lightly rolled fenders

Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #29
sill beer

sill beer is an unknown quantity at this point