Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
i've just read this whole thread and makes me want to go to these track events. i was mainly a grip driver and always wanted to learn how to drift. many of my friends go to track events and they are much more better than me. i feel the same way on what flipnoi said and makes me feel welcome if i ever go to a track event. i'll be probably be attending the suckafoosickness event since my brother and his friends are hosting that event.

im glad everyone in this thread made it comfortable for beginners to learn at the track, and hopefully you guys can give us noobs some pointers. i'll be reading this thread from now on.
Yeah, track is the shitttttttt. I'm always down to help out and inform/instruct at the track. Nobody hates at the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
man i wish i could drift.. my cars been sitting for 2 whole years and the whole build was to be for drift but now it just sits -__- ill still read up on this stuff so if somday i can ill know what im doing. or.. well some what know.. i think no matter how much you study when you get in the car it kind of clears out your mind .
Why is your car not running? No point building a car that just sits. It's dumb. You don't need much to drift. Get it running and go out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Motion View Post
The technique you are probably thinking of is left foot braking. If you can learn how to left foot brake correctly, and master all the other techniques there will never be a turn you can't handle.

If you are sliding towards a tight turn, when you close in on the apex you can keep a decent amount of speed, and where you would normally start drifting out wide on the exit, you can use your left foot to work the brake pedal, and keep your right foot on the gas. This will slow the front wheels and you can maneuver the rear end around with the gas while having more control of the cars position than if you just were working the throttle.
I'll have to try this next time I'm out.