Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #61
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that sir would be a china made cxracing turbo manifold. I kinda wrote a review here: http://zilvia.net/f/z-chassis/461047...ml#post5369034
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #62
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
so i've been busy with my upgrades. Motor and tranny are out and new parts being test fitted.
I re-did the crossmember and re-centered and lower the engine just a bit more.

i also port matched the freddy IM. 1st runner needs to be grinded down towards the TB side and the rest of them towards the back of the engine. I also polished it a bit as deep as i could go.

i also modded a few things including coolant pipes, injector harness and made a few gaskets. Everything was test fitted and put together. Turbine housing was also clocked. Everything fits good.

edit 'cause i spelled "greddy" instead of "freddy" lol damn typo...

Last edited by feito; 12-02-2013 at 06:00 PM..
Old 01-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #63
feito
Nissanaholic!

Ok, quick update here, hopefully i get some critics and responses. I have done a lot lately, car probably would be running by now if i didnt like the taste of beer so much... So, I re-routed and re-covered the factory harness in order to fit properly with the new front facing IM. I also extended the injector wires about an inch for a better fitment. Heater pipes on the engine side were also held in place with new brackets. I finished my custom made turbo coolant hardlines, i am now debating what i should get to wrap them with to keep temperatures a bit lower, maybe some kind of sticky heat deflector foil, idk i havent even look I will also be running about a feet of oil hose for the turbo oil discharge, so i will also have to look for something to wrap that with. I put everything in for a final test fit, then everything will be removed again for a final assembly and torque down.

I took opportunity to build me a sweet power brace, making sure it didnt hit any engine parts nor the sway bar. I think I overkilled it a little...
I sand blasted everything and used 1.5" pipe with some really thick wall, didnt even bother measuring it's thickness, but way more than necessary... Then I boxed the brackets with 14ga plate.

And since i was welder happy, I continued to weld my IC piping, really fun stuff. These will be pressure tested at my work place this coming week to avoid surprises. Reason i went with mildsteel is because i can weld it myself.

Turns out i ordered 2 clamps wrong so i'll be ordering those too. I am also Adding a mil-spec connector at the firewall, hence all the wiring on the back of the harness. But everything is going according to plan. Just a few more hours of labor and I should be able to start it. Im really having fun with this build.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #64
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what are you doing for Engine management
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #65
feito
Nissanaholic!

mail in enthalpy at first, then hopefully i'll be making a trip to florida to have it dyno-tune by martin.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #66
feito
Nissanaholic!

got some stuff done.
Downpipe/cat delete is done, not the best welds but it's strong as hell, and fits good.

I also installed my oil cooler. I had to make a whole on the chassis to put the lines through, right above the rail, not too big, but it still hurted as hell as i was cutting... I will be building some aluminum ducting for the coolers/bumper. Maybe, just maybe some for the brakes..

I also stripped the engine to a bare longblock and painted the block the best i could. I think it came out good for having the head installed. Then I finally torqued my manifolds and turbo with new bolts, new gaskets and all the goodies...

then the ricer inside of me told me to paint the covers...

then i finished putting my whole front end together.
New t-belt, adj exh sproket (zeroed...), all new seals, new t-belt idler and new tensioner pulley. Pretty fun stuff

then i finally closed it. I gotta say, call me a ricer or whatever u will, but i really loved the way the covers came out.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #67
feito
Nissanaholic!

Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #68
enderr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
enderr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the lighting makes it look pinkish. Maybe another front pic? also im diggin the build so far. please post a vid of start up
Old 02-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #69
feito
Nissanaholic!

Thank you. Yeah, must be the flash, i have the bad habbit of using it all the time... here's a more recent one but i think it looks the same, i'll turn my flash off next time:

So today i spent my evening boxing my flca's. It was kind of fun, i did them from scratch.
First you make the plates:

then tack it and make sure the holes for the TR and the end links lign up:

^they dont lign up as good as i would have liked it, but making these plates takes some time and honestly i dont think i could make the holes any closer to than they already are, so i'll have to deal with it..

Then clean the surface again and weld:

then repeat...

Now to play the waiting game on my ES bushings.
Thanks for looking and both, positive and negative comments are welcome!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #70
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

ReallyBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you make the holes in the plates? did you use dimple dies?

by the way!

REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT IDLER PULLEY BOLT

go to ACE and find the strongest bolt you can, or maybe even get a stud and nut.

they are weak, and when they break, you bend your valves.
ReallyBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #71
Ole Martin
Leaky Injector

Ole Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good!
Ole Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #72
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I dig those control arms!
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #73
feito
Nissanaholic!

thanks dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyBroke View Post
How did you make the holes in the plates? did you use dimple dies?

by the way!

REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT IDLER PULLEY BOLT

go to ACE and find the strongest bolt you can, or maybe even get a stud and nut.

they are weak, and when they break, you bend your valves.
I do not have a dimple set, i had to use my imagination: i used a big socket, a smaller sharpened socket and my press. U get the rest of the picture, worked pretty good for 16 gauge plate.
I never heard of the idler bolt being weak, i'll look into that, thanks for the tip! And yes, rb's are interference motors.

Very little work done today, still i got to remove the factory bushings to make room for my ES poly bushings and put a layer of primer on my lca to at least prevent rust, gloss black will come later.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #74
ReallyBroke
Leaky Injector

ReallyBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I never heard of the idler bolt being weak, i'll look into that, thanks for the tip! And yes, rb's are interference motors.
I used to have a RB25 in my s13, the day after I got it running that bolt snapped and bent 22 out of 24 valves. it ended up costing me $650 to get the head rebuilt.

I don't know if I over torqued it, or what, but it broke, and it sucked.

it also says to replace the bolt in the FSM whenever you replace the timing belt.

a grade 8.8 bolt from ACE is the best $1.50 you could spend. lol. it could save you alot of money.
ReallyBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #75
feito
Nissanaholic!

and done!

I also got my oil fitting. At 30 bucks, i think it's worth every cent.

And i though 15' of 2" heat wrap would cover at least half of my DP xD

Old 02-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #76
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
You should really consider installing a crank snout extension so your oil pump doesnt slip at high rpm, might as well do it as the engine is out of the car. BTW is the koyo rad gonna fit with the factory clutch fan?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #77
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Awesome build man. Can't wait to see the final product!
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #78
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
You should really consider installing a crank snout extension so your oil pump doesnt slip at high rpm, might as well do it as the engine is out of the car. BTW is the koyo rad gonna fit with the factory clutch fan?
Im staying right under 400hp and wont take it to high rpm, 7k at the most, i doubt there'll be anything up there for me with the .63 ar exh

And the radiator will fit, it will barely clear but it will fit, i might have to do a little more shaving on the blades.

last night's work

should make for a clean recirculation setup

Old 02-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #79
feito
Nissanaholic!

finally built my oil cooler duct.
Cardboard teplate first

Keep in mind this is just a mig aluminum spoolgun, so yes, welds will be ugly...

Test plate:

Actual plates out of an old rig's hood that my dad gave me.

And welded... ugly but sturdy

Bumper was also trim to increase the opening by a couple of inches
Also my piping kit is officially finished:

And so are all my brackets and braces

Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #80
kinetix-S14
Leaky Injector

kinetix-S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feeling the oil cooler duct! Hope it's black once it's finish (Wont really notice the cooler there). Good stuff man!
kinetix-S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #81
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetix-S14 View Post
Feeling the oil cooler duct! Hope it's black once it's finish (Wont really notice the cooler there). Good stuff man!
thanks, im still deciding what color to paint it, black or silver. Im also putting some mesh on the bumper to keep out out big debri. Hopefully i'll be doing the same thing on the other side for a PS cooler, hopefully.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #82
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I like all the DIY in here man, good stuff! Your welds are getting better too
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #83
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I like all the DIY in here man, good stuff! Your welds are getting better too
thanks! One doesnt just buy a welder to keep collecting dust lol
Old 02-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #84
feito
Nissanaholic!

Engine's in, hopefully for good

And built me a strut brace

Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #85
CT_91

CT_91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Really like the way this build is turning out. And props to you for doing it yourself!
CT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #86
feito
Nissanaholic!

^thank you
finished my strut brace, well, i still need to paint it.

Also welded a pipe on the turbo intake for my bov recirculation setup

I also helped my friend welding his diff and installing subframe solid bushings

Old 04-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #87
feito
Nissanaholic!

so i finally got to do some work on it. I finished putting the suspension together and installed a lot of other stuff.
I built bigger plates for my autopower roll bar for the main hoop for the inside.

Now to figure a way out to install the interior panels. It's a little harder than it should be 'cause im installing the bolts from the outside in.
Then i decided to get my tires mounted and install my wheels to lower the car, figured it should inspire me a little to finish it faster. I gotta say, now that i see it on the ground with its new shoes on i feel like finishing it tomorrow to take it for a drive!

Old 04-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #88
feito
Nissanaholic!

Rollbar is finally installed for good, i couldnt make the holes on the back panels as clean looking as i wanted, but i think it still looks good

I also modify the radiator/condensor bottom mounting brackets to be able to retain my clutch fan. What do u guys think of my clearance? XD

Then i celebrated on my own
Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #89
feito
Nissanaholic!

finished the ps cooler bracket and finished installing everything. Also installed my custom brake lines and started bleeding the system, but i ran out of fluid... Z32's on all 4 corners does use a lot of it...

Old 04-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #90
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
good work dude.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote