Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Drifting/Import Scene in Portland?

Hey guys. I just visited Portland over the weekend and Im giving serious thought about relocating to the PDX area. If I do, DorkiDori will be persuing opening a small boutique there. But, before any sort of plans are made, what is the drifting/import scene like there? I ran across some kid who said theres drift events at the local speedway, but I couldnt really find much in regards to "Drifting in Portland".

Any insight would be awesomesauce from folks who live there on Zilvia.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Hey guys. I just visited Portland over the weekend and Im giving serious thought about relocating to the PDX area. If I do, DorkiDori will be persuing opening a small boutique there. But, before any sort of plans are made, what is the drifting/import scene like there? I ran across some kid who said theres drift events at the local speedway, but I couldnt really find much in regards to "Drifting in Portland".

Any insight would be awesomesauce from folks who live there on Zilvia.
Perhaps you could post and see some of threads here ?
http://zilvia.net/f/north-western-states/

I moved up here 2 1/2 years ago. Well.. import, drifting scene is nowhere near California. I would say 20~25% of people here drive Subaru given the situation weather etc here. And very big VW/Volvo crows here as well.

We also have one very known tuner Jason Oefelein has a shop called PSI.
Home - Portland Speed Industries

Also surprisingly there are quite a bit of people with GTR and Lotus, Vipers and such high $ vehicles.

As far as city and NW Oregon (Portland) is very different city than others i believe. It sure rains whole a lot. if you came here last weekend you were here just in time for little "break". it will rain till March to April.

I know I regret moving here. haha but hey, I think you should visit here little more to decide to move here. weather is one of most factor you will have to consider.
Also people here are very different that other people who lives in 21st Century. Portland is where 90s stuck and it is very true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

But what am I saying, you should see your self. I used to be working for screen printing company in LA as sales and factory manager. I tried to find a job here in same industry but guess Portland wasn't the place for those companies to have a factory here.

Sorry about too many random un-organized information.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Peter, I think you are the only person in the country that didn't realize that it rains here a lot. Why do you think everything is green and beautiful?

Import scene seems plenty healthy around here given the population (which is small relative to other metropolitan areas), though it's a lot of subarus and their associated bro-ness.

The portland area only has one venue for drifting, Pat's Acres gokart track about 20 min SE of pdx. I think the general problem with drifting around here is that people have talent, but everyone's car is mostly a shitpile and people are broke.

The more serious drifting folks head up to the Seattle area to drift at Evergreen.
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Peter, I think you are the only person in the country that didn't realize that it rains here a lot.
Clearly. Haha But you have to admit that it's beyond imagination if you are from Desert area..
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Oregon ftw. I don't mind the rain

Like greigo said pats acres is the biggest venue in the area. $50 to drive all day, tire changer on site, and cage less tandems all day

Vancouver wa has a decent scene aswell

Check out northwestnissans.com for local meets
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
im not looking to go drifting there, i just wanna know if theres a import/drifting scene in PDX. as i mentioned, again, im looking to relocate there and open a boutique shop for dorkidori

Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
pdx is a rad city in general. killer food, close to mt hood, plenty of strange, devil's point is there, voodoo donuts, tons of good music. i have no clue what the motorsports scene is like tho. every time i've been up there its just to chase wimmins.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
killer food, voodoo donuts
No no on those.

Food sucks in general and over priced. but we got best beer in whole planet which made me move up here.

back to OP, will you be printing your products here too or do you have vendor somewhere else?

As far as you are opening boutique shop here, it's pretty different trend/style going on here than other cities or current trend you see on magazine or whatever.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
You live in hillsboro, of course the food sucks there.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have been to some great restaurants in Portland. Portland is interesting. If it wasn't for the 9 months of Grey. LOL
As I sit here typing away in Vancouver. Yup my sister lives here and I am here for Thanksgiving at her place.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I can't comment about Portland, but I can tell you this. If you're trying to make a living off the import aftermarket industry, the closer to so-cal the better. There is a huge market in this area and pretty much anywhere else your market will be much more limited. I would NOT reccomend starting a boutique either, too much overhead. Internet sales are where it's at...

Again, NOT trying to bash. Just my opinion...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
You live in hillsboro, of course the food sucks there.
I rarely eat in Hillsboro. btw I live in Portland. =) Moved.

Give me 1 restaurant you think it's good in Portland.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Jakes in Portland is very good seafood but its not cheap.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Jakes in Portland is very good seafood but its not cheap.
Of course some of those high $$$$$ places better be good. I went to OX (Argentine inspired place) yesterday and it was $$$$ place and wasn't good.

But when you talk about general restaurants here it's pretty sad.

Food carts especially is complete fail MSG f ups.

Well this isn't about food. To OP, I think you should visit here before you make big commitment for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
portland is awesome, just came back from there after spending two weeks there.

i went to a drift even at P.A.R.C., awesome event and an awesome track and awesome cars and people there, don't think you can go wrong...
Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
e1_griego
Post Whore!

The awesome cars came down from WA lolol.

If they were one color and had bumpers and didn't look like they were built on a $2 budget, they're not from Oregon hahaha.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Tin shed for breakfast, por que no for dinner, food carts are hit and miss. Sushi-land is rad too.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

everyone shut up about food, SIZZLE PIE OWNS YOU ALL!!!

and to someone who mentioned so-cal up there, thats one place i couldnt imagine moving to. im not a cali fan at all, place is waaaaaay too nuts for me. besides, i like driving my SR powered 240 and not having to worry about cops eating me alive on bread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Tin shed for breakfast, por que no for dinner, food carts are hit and miss. Sushi-land is rad too.
Tin Shed is gooood. St Honore bakery is a great bakery too. Bridgeport Brewery is cool.

Any way, Portland is pretty rad. I don't see much market for a boutique auto store though.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
thizzen4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
thizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
well from seattle wa and know over 100 people that travel down to portland hear and there to hit the events just saying
thizzen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:

and to someone who mentioned so-cal up there, thats one place i couldnt imagine moving to. im not a cali fan at all, place is waaaaaay too nuts for me. besides, i like driving my SR powered 240 and not having to worry about cops eating me alive on bread
Yeah, I know you're in Vegas. That's why I included the word "closer", LOL! Honestly man business wise I think you're in a pretty good spot. You've got the SEMA show and you're just a stone's throw away (comparatively speaking) from the biggest import market in the US. Also you don't have the CA smog nazi's on your ass, as mentioned. In the end though you've gotta make your own decision. I just hope it works out for you!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #22
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
The awesome cars came down from WA lolol.

If they were one color and had bumpers and didn't look like they were built on a $2 budget, they're not from Oregon hahaha.
Hahahaha so true...

Quote:
Sushi-land is rad too.
Ikaten sushi???? NO!!!! they dont even use real nor fresh finish. haha

Quote:
I guess we speak little different food here. Sizzle pie? haha if you think that is good welcome to Portland.

But again, agree with others about having boutique here. not sure if that would be good "fit" here.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
mitsuracer85

Trader Rating: (0)
mitsuracer85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pretty big import scene here..lots of 240s, Hondas and Subarus. Haven't really seen the scene in Vegas or So-Cal so I can't compare but I can say most of the Portland and Seattle Nissan guys know each other and if you combine the whole NW scene, yah its pretty big. Maybe you should ask on northwestnissans if you want a better response from Portlanders. And might want to think about Vancouver if you don't want to pay Oregon state tax..although it's probably not as good of a location for business as Portland.
mitsuracer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #24
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Oregon = no sales tax, sorry I'll take state tax over that any day.

I moved here from Palm Springs area when I was 13, I like it here. Recently one of the broke drifters though LOL.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #25
white_lightning240

white_lightning240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you would get a good response in Portland the Portland international speedway is right there pats acres isnt too far away and people here love to support smaller local businesses
white_lightning240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
boxerpicker

boxerpicker is an unknown quantity at this point
ive lived in vancouver, wa when i was younger. portland is just like tacoma to me. go to seattle it is way better!
boxerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #27
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Vancouver is the Tacoma of PDX....
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
antidotemotorsports

antidotemotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
PARC is a very noob friendly track as far as them letting you loose without any prior experience drifting. They have what is called an audition they make you do before they give you permission to drift. Many misunderstand this and think that the audition is proving you can drift but that's not it at all. They are looking to make sure you have some basic car control and are a responsible driver that won't risk everyone else's safety.

For $100 you can drift from morning to sun down and get in lots of runs and go through several sets of tires. They also usually have help from Level Ride Concepts mounting tires for the drifters. Most of the crowd at PARC are really nice people that will be happy to help you with your car or your drifting. Here is a link to their Facebook page.
antidotemotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote