Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #91
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
yeah I hate nyc because of when I went to the bronx to visit my cousin shit was mad stupid lol.

but that is awesome. I am going 1jz on my coupe so I am just trying to see what I will need to do
lol bronx for the most part is pretty shitty but nice, JZ ftw

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 12-25-2013 at 09:46 PM..
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #92
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sir, you make me proud to be a New Yorker. You didn't skimp out on anything or buy any stupid shit you didn't need to either. Winning!!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #93
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPistons! View Post
Sir, you make me proud to be a New Yorker. You didn't skimp out on anything or buy any stupid shit you didn't need to either. Winning!!!!
Thanks a lot man i appreciate that, car still has a ways to go. Over winter i wanna install an oil cooler setup & hook up oil pressure & oil temp gauges along with hooking up Dakota boxes so my stock spedo and tach work, Onto an update!.

Last weekend i decided to make putting my new wheels on a priority, my wholesale tire connect wanted $400 for new tires, i didn't have that kinda money to spend on tires rite now so i found 2 tires from some lady on craigslist with tons of meat on em for $140 and other 2 from a friend barely used basically new for $150 so i saved myself $110 & mounted & balanced them myself. Don't ask what rims because if i told you id have to kill you & i don't want anyone to get hurt... All im saying is there 18x9.5 & 18x10, 225/40/18 in front 235/40/18 in back.

So then the following monday i put my bride seats in, tuesday i got insurance and Wednesday i registered the car, got home late from work, threw my wheels on, had to run straight to the nearest E85 station (only 1.5 miles from my house) and then straight to school. No fenders or bumper still, Fucks to be given at a later date.

(dirty ass interior, i still haven't even washed the car or cleaned up the inside lol)

Car chillen at automotive tech school. (yes i know theres some wires hanging, yes i will get around to tucking them)

So i daily'd the car a lil bit, here it is at my gym parking garage, also my first speed bump encounter, needless to say i'm going to avoid parking in the garage, or find a speed bump-less way in lol.

Heres a little video clip cruising home from the gym, i cant boost at all as soon as i get out of vacuum and go to build boost i start dumping fuel since i'm only on a base map, 26th of the month i'm scheduled for my dyno tune & then the fun begins, i'm still breaking in my clutch though i've only put about 30 miles on it so far & i've never had a car with a lightweight flywheel so getting used to that was fun.

Yesterday i put my fenders in my hatch and decided to go to the body shop to get my fenders put on by the guy who painted my car. I took this picture outside my garage.

Then this picture outside the deli i got breakfast at.

& then this picture after my driver side axle disconnected on the highway on the way to the body shop...

I felt a wobbling so i pulled over on the highway and somehow all 6 bolts that hold the axle to the differential disappeared, the cap on the axel came off and all the grease came out. So i had the towing company i used to work for come get me after waiting for the truck like 45 mins, i was only like 8 miles from my destination too. I saw a small puddle under the car when it was going on the truck i was hoping it wasnt e85 and the axle may have hit my gas tank, it didnt smell like e85 though so i figured maybe it was oil from the grease or something. Got the car back to my garage and realized the axel had spun and broke a brake line... so now the car sits in my garage on jack stands. Im going to take the axle out probably tuesday night. Im now looking to buy a driver side 300zx TT axle, or i thought about just taking the axle out, packing it with grease and welding a cap back on. When i put the axle back on i guess ill use locktite this time, or put some JB weld on the threads lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #94
mobarton

Trader Rating: (0)
mobarton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im jealous..love the type x aero..doing good work
mobarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #95
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarton View Post
im jealous..love the type x aero..doing good work
Thanks man.

Update: So last week i fixed the axle, replaced the brake line and that weekend i went to a huge meet in Flushing no front end open down-pipe.

The meet was so big a little while after a police helicopter showed up along with some squad cars to disperse everyone lol.

The next day sunday i went and got my exhaust finished since Sunny was too busy with work i didn't have time to wait any longer. i didn't get to the body shop to put the fenders on yet, my hood didn't close because it hit the v=band on the intake manifold and i still wasn't giving any fucks so with no front end and open down-pipe, trying my best to avoid cops I went to Monkey Wrench on Liberty ave with my piping. Tesh runs the shop and he connected the down-pipe to the cat-back so my whole exhaust is 3 pieces, all 3". Tesh is also the founder of the facebook and instagram blog Lowered Congress that post's mostly Tri-state cars so he took some pictures too.

I started my car up in his shop, Exhaust sounds great.

i was having a small coolant leak when the engine was at operating temp which was about 175 degrees, when the car was warming up in the shop without the fans on it went to about 190 and the leak got worse so i lost a bunch of coolant. I parked the car across the street for it to cool off and Tesh shot this pic.

When i got home i realized the leak was from the water pipe that comes off the head, i tightened the clamp around the looped hose and everything seems fine. I started the car and let the temp go up to 200 degrees and no leak. Usually i drive around with just one fan on and it keeps the temp under 180 (flex-a-lite shroud with 1 flex-a-lite 12" fan & one 12" Mishimoto fan)

Sunday i got my fenders put on, and monday i cut a small section of the hood support/skeleton that was hitting the v-band and now my hood closes fine. When i get good photos of it ill post em but the fiberglass fenders are pretty close to the wheel so i'm expecting them to be destroyed the first time i get the car sideways and im going to pick up some oem fenders tomorrow. This weekend i need to get a dump pipe made, Bead put on the 2 intercooler pipes for the 1 section i have a coupler and the blow off valve flange welded on and then ill be ready to hit the dyno next week, Hopefully all goes well lol.

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 02-11-2014 at 11:41 PM..
Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #96
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

My car sitting outside the body shop to finally get the fenders on.

I got my blow off valve put on, bead on the IC pipes, dump pipe made and a throtle cable bracket made at Tarmac in Farmingdale.

The next day i went for my dyno tune at M&S. Pretty much New York's specialty supra shop.

Lot's of crazy builds going on here ill let the pictures do the talking.

Shop's 8 second supra.

So anyway, then i hit the dyno.

I chose to just run off the 15lb springs i had in my wastegate instead of using my MBC or change the springs just to see what i could make off that. I didn't want to push it because i have no oil gauges or any oil cooler id rather be safe then sorry. So on 15 psi i made 425hp. Im satisfied with it for now until i finish making the car look nice. Then ill invest in cams & shoot for more. Here's a bunch of pictures of the car.

First time i ever had my car on snow, usually its off the road by september/november.

I Tried putting my Type-x bumper on the car but it just didnt line up with fiberglass fenders, thats why i picked up a set of oem fenders but i had a change of heart. Type-x in my opinion is becoming more and more common and i dont want to spend money to have to repaint these fenders to make it work... SO... i sold the type x bumper & the oem fenders..... and my pop ups.... and soon my hood and fiberglass fenders. I decided to do a silvia conversion and make my car a sil80!

Last edited by 2stepGoesPowPow; 02-11-2014 at 11:43 PM..
Old 12-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #97
xHeavySS
Leaky Injector

xHeavySS is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xHeavySS
sil80 = love
cars looking good and those numbers arent anything to be sad about. especially knowing you can go bigger with a few little things

xHeavySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #98
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeavySS View Post
sil80 = love
cars looking good and those numbers arent anything to be sad about. especially knowing you can go bigger with a few little things
thanks man, i cant wait to have my whole Sil front setup.

Here's a video of the dyno pull.

S13 2jz dyno pull - YouTube
Old 12-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #99
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

pop-ups, fenders & bumper all sold, next to go is the hood...

Old 12-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #100
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
enjoyed the timeline with the build and not parts thrown on car....

in for more
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #101
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build and a great read. Thanks.
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #102
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
enjoyed the timeline with the build and not parts thrown on car....

in for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked_jz View Post
Great build and a great read. Thanks.
Thanks guys!

Last weekend i threw my slicks on and my friend Eddie and i hit the city for a mini photo shoot. Amateur photography and editing done by yours truly lol.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #103
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Sick pics - love this build
Old 01-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #104
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Sick pics - love this build
Thanks bro!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #105
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
Whats the offset on the s1rs?
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #106
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13-604 View Post
Whats the offset on the s1rs?
Lol +15 all around
Old 01-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #107
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
Thanks man.

Update: So last week i fixed the axle, replaced the brake line and that weekend i went to a huge meet in Flushing no front end open down-pipe.

The meet was so big a little while after a police helicopter showed up along with some squad cars to disperse everyone lol.

The next day sunday i went and got my exhaust finished since Sunny was too busy with work i didn't have time to wait any longer. i didn't get to the body shop to put the fenders on yet, my hood didn't close because it hit the v=band on the intake manifold and i still wasn't giving any fucks so with no front end and open down-pipe, trying my best to avoid cops I went to Monkey Wrench on Liberty ave with my piping. Tesh runs the shop and he connected the down-pipe to the cat-back so my whole exhaust is 3 pieces, all 3". Tesh is also the founder of the facebook and instagram blog Lowered Congress that post's mostly Tri-state cars so he took some pictures too.

I started my car up in his shop, Exhaust sounds great.

i was having a small coolant leak when the engine was at operating temp which was about 175 degrees, when the car was warming up in the shop without the fans on it went to about 190 and the leak got worse so i lost a bunch of coolant. I parked the car across the street for it to cool off and Tesh shot this pic.

When i got home i realized the leak was from the water pipe that comes off the head, i tightened the clamp around the looped hose and everything seems fine. I started the car and let the temp go up to 200 degrees and no leak. Usually i drive around with just one fan on and it keeps the temp under 180 (flex-a-lite shroud with 1 flex-a-lite 12" fan & one 12" Mishimoto fan)

Sunday i got my fenders put on, and monday i cut a small section of the hood support/skeleton that was hitting the v-band and now my hood closes fine. When i get good photos of it ill post em but the fiberglass fenders are pretty close to the wheel so i'm expecting them to be destroyed the first time i get the car sideways and im going to pick up some oem fenders tomorrow. This weekend i need to get a dump pipe made, Bead put on the 2 intercooler pipes for the 1 section i have a coupler and the blow off valve flange welded on and then ill be ready to hit the dyno next week, Hopefully all goes well lol.
when i started this build i thought hmph maybe its that guy from ny with that dope 2j s13 that i saw in that picture on instagram one time...YESSS.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #108
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
when i started this build i thought hmph maybe its that guy from ny with that dope 2j s13 that i saw in that picture on instagram one time...YESSS.
hahah thanks man @2johnz_gte a lot of my build pictures you can see by the hashtag #project180
Old 01-14-2014, 04:21 AM   #109
chris2jzgte

chris2jzgte is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick build, how do you like the engine mounts? Also what transmission x member are you using?
chris2jzgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #110
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2jzgte View Post
Sick build, how do you like the engine mounts? Also what transmission x member are you using?

Thanks, Engine mounts are good cant complain & Im using the Xcessive x member.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #111
guitargod240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
guitargod240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow man sick build. I sold ka24debt stock motor mounts few years back. His car was always nice. Read all this and drooling...those 2js wow haha. I'm stuck with fresh rebuilt ka for now. Nice work keep it up!
guitargod240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #112
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargod240 View Post
Wow man sick build. I sold ka24debt stock motor mounts few years back. His car was always nice. Read all this and drooling...those 2js wow haha. I'm stuck with fresh rebuilt ka for now. Nice work keep it up!
hahah yeah Josh's car continues to get nicer. Thanks man im trying!

Took advantage of a rare decent weather mid winter 50 degree NY day yesterday & took the car out for a joyride to burn the remaining e85 in the tank. Which included screaming wastegate past a cocky e92 M3 owner on the long island expressway lol Im rite on E now, Im going to let the car burn off the last bit then its ready for winter hibernation.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #113
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Well, I officially no longer own a Front end... Sold the whole thing originally to fund my Silvia front conversion however during H20i in Maryland i got myself in a bit of trouble and had to put the money towards the $950 i have to pay in lawyer fee's & fine. Moral of the story is don't do stupid shit because it delays the progress of your race car! So after i pay that off i have to pay Sunny for all his fabrication. So rite now i'm just daydreaming of making more progress, once i pay off all that i'm going to start buying Silvia front parts. Hopefully i can get my car to pass tech so i can drive a drift event this year. Im kinda set on wanting to drift my car for at least 1-2 events this year then add an oil cooler, probably cams, Retune, make 650hp, alignment, get the car to hook really well, handle better, run a good 1/4 mile time & smoke ignorant exotic car drivers & build another car specifically drifting. Im thinking of a 1jz powered s13/cressida or rx7. whichever shell i could find the cheapest. I already put the whole 1jz build together in my mind hahah.

& So that this isnt just some kinda gay diary entry here's a picture of the car lol

Also i forgot to mention before me and Eddie hit the city the night before i removed my oil pan to bang out some dents, a few days earlier i hit a pot hole and got paranoid. turned out the dents werent that serious but better safe then sorry.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #114
Tw1st3d
Zilvia Member

Tw1st3d is an unknown quantity at this point
please post video for eargasms

---My Build---
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...upe-drift.html
Tw1st3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #115
Lockiess15
Zilvia Member

Lockiess15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red one jizzed a little . Awesome build
Lockiess15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #116
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick build.....
Old 01-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #117
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1st3d View Post
please post video for eargasms
Here's a mini rolling burnout video.

2jz s13 burnout - YouTube

& a lil 1-2nd gear pull video

2jz s13 - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockiess15 View Post
Red one jizzed a little . Awesome build
Quote:
Originally Posted by juvi22003 View Post
Sick build.....
Thanks guys!!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #118
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Omg... The car sounds soo good!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #119
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Omg... The car sounds soo good!

Thanks Bro! i just put the car away for the winter the other day, Cant wait to continue progresssssss.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #120
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
Thanks Bro! i just put the car away for the winter the other day, Cant wait to continue progresssssss.

Man that's rough that you can't drive that beast year round... We are in the 70's and 80's here in FL year round =]