Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #61
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Why was drifting banned there? Havent heard anything here about it and I'm at Yokota.

Love the Reinhard, what size is it?
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2015, 04:11 AM   #62
TWest
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
Insanely jealous of the GT-R. One of my favorite cars ever...Why do people who live there think Up Garage sucks? Is it just overpriced or what?
It's not overpriced, it's just that there is hardly ever anything worth buying at the one up here. It's mostly subaru stuff. It's better off to order on their website or on the auctions. I've heard the ones down south are a lot nicer and have a wider variety of parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Why was drifting banned there? Havent heard anything here about it and I'm at Yokota.

Love the Reinhard, what size is it?
I wasn't here yet when it got banned, but I heard it was due to kids in Subarus trying to drift on public roads and ended up killing themselves/getting into accidents. The ban was just recently lifted though, just have to get approved by your chain.

Not sure on the Reinhard, didn't bother measuring it. 90% sure its a 3" (76mm) though.

Was nice outside today so decided to go watch some drifting and take some pics.

Just got word yesterday that my z32 harness is in the mail, should be here soonish. Gives me something to work on while I'm waiting on parts/funds/whatever.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #63
TWest
Leaky Injector

Been a while since I've updated, so figured I'd post. Not much has happened since last update, bought the other pair of wheels but still no tires yet. Hopefully I should have them by next month once JCI and insurance is over with.

Anyway, on to the reason you guys are here. Took a trip to Morioka with some friends this weekend, went to the two story upgarage.

Then we drove up to this overlook.. was pretty awesome up there, pics really don't do it any justice.

Was a good time, and a fun drive. Will definitely be hitting this spot up again once I get my car set up how I want it.

Bought some used KTS coilovers, gonna clean them up a bit before I put them on. Debating on waiting for my tires but don't know if I can hold off, haha

Looking into finding some replacement dampers for them to drop in while I'm over here just in case. I'll be upgrading eventually, but these will get me by until then. Plus I can always drop them in the Z until I pick up a new set for it.

Will be updating more often in the next few months, JCI will be done and should be getting a pay raise soonish, so more money to spend on the car
Old 08-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #64
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Awesome car man, what job did you end up getting? Ill be in Okinawa in the next year so reading yours and the other GTR threads are killing me. Im so impatient haha, get them wheels and coils on!!!

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #65
TWest
Leaky Injector

So haven't posted in a longggg time.. figured it was time for an update.

Picked up a "Crayola" SR-3 for the Z, and began the search for a matching seat.

Have always been a fan of these wheels, so have been looking for a set since I got to Japan. Came across a single wheel for a good price, so figured I'd buy it and wait for three more to pop up.

Fast forward to a few months later... didn't end up finding matching wheels, but did find a set in 19". Again, found these for a good price so had to pull the trigger. At first I was iffy about throwing 19's on the Z, but figured what the hell. Will be refinishing these eventually.

Somewhere in between I did another oil change with some super mad tyte JDM oil.

FINALLY picked up some tires for the GT-R and got the wheels mounted.

Picked up some Fortune Auto coilovers for the GT-R, had heard nothing but good things about these so decided to give them a chance. That and the fact that they're located in the states made them extremely tempting for future rebuild purposes.

Installed everything and took it for a wash.. shitty cell phone pics ahead. The wheels will be replaced with another set TBD eventually, but these will work for now. Needs to be lowered some more but I'll get to it one of these days.

Took a visit to one of my favorite local spots for some pics.

Fast forward to last month, went to a cars and coffee meet for the first time since I've been here. Wasn't as bad as I expected, I just tend to try and stay away from most of the "car scene" on base so never bothered going. Took some pics while I was there, if you want to see more you can visit the website on the photos.

Here's a buddy's r32 (was in a few of the pics earlier in this thread). It's been through quite a few changes since then:

Loved seeing this FC.. super clean car.

Ordered a stainless clutch line for the Z and a new shift knob. A few weeks later the clutch line gave out on the GT-R so picked up a stainless line for it as well.. guess it's one less thing to worry about breaking now.

Still can't find a matching SR-3, but picked up some SR-4's for the GT-R today for a steal. Will get better pictures when I install them. I need to do something about my storage situation, don't have much in here but the wheels/tires/seats are filling it up pretty quick. Ignore the black shelf, getting rid of that thing.

I'm sure I've missed some stuff that went on in between, it's been a long time but probably nothing important. Will try to update more frequently, however I'll be taking a short trip to Tokyo soon so progress on the car will halt for a few weeks. I need to start getting parts for the engine but trying to focus on stocking up on exterior mods while I can. RB performance parts are easier to come by in the states than body parts so need to take advantage of my time here. With that being said, I'm almost done appearance wise, other than some different wheels eventually and some small things here and there. Will be doing a rebuild when I get back to the states, so going to start stocking up for that in the near future as well.

As for the Z, I'm still slowly ordering parts to get it close to finished hopefully by the time I get back. Have a few new things in mind and will update more on that when the time comes.